craft-academy-logo

Craft Academy

Gothenburg, Online, Pretoria, Stockholm

Craft Academy

Craft Academy is a 12-week, full-time full stack coding bootcamp in Gothenburg, Sweden. Craft Academy  believes that traditional education teaches people to pass tests, rather than giving them real knowledge so they have created an intense and practical training making students employable in just 12 weeks. The curriculum is developed by professional software engineers and based on real cases and recent practices to ensure students, at every opportunity, the ability to learn and work with relevant topics. Students will learn from experienced coaches, receive a loaned Macbook Pro, learn demand development, agile methodology and modern framework including HTML5, Javascript, Ruby on Rails, Angular, and Ionic.

Recent Craft Academy Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (58) reviews for Craft Academy →

Recent Craft Academy News

• Cyber Security Specialist Bootcamp

Penetration Testing, Network Security
    kr125,000
    Stockholm, Gothenburg
    Digitalization leads to heightened exposure to cyber-attacks, and Cyber Security Specialists has become one of the most mission critical roles in the many industries. The number and frequency of cyber attacks is steadily on the rise and cyber criminals becoming ever more sophisticated. Achieving a secure infrastructure requires that it is designed, built and operated by people who understand the threats, know the security requirements and have the skills to build and operate secure systems in general. The demand for employees with cybersecurity training is higher than ever. Craft Academy’s Cyber Security Specialist Bootcamp is designed to provide a both a holistic as well as detailed knowledge of key technologies and techniques required to improve the security of existing computer systems but also the design of new systems with security protections.
    Refund / Guarantee
    We also proudly offer a 5% discount to female bootcamp participants. Our industry needs more female developers and we want to do everything we can to help women succeed on their coding journey.
  • Enterprise Java Web Application Developer Bootcamp

Data Science, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, DevOps, Java, Front End, Scrum
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week
    Stockholm
    Java is one of the major programming languages available today and with many commercial and open source implementations, Java is the enterprise standard to build scalable business services for web and mobile applications. With Enterprise Java Web Application Developer Bootcamp you will learn how to build fully featured web applications using Agile methodologies. Thi cam is also covering modern JavaScript frameworks for front-end development.
    Refund / Guarantee
    We proudly offer a 10% discount to female participants. Our industry needs more female developers and we want to do everything we can to help women succeed on their coding journey.
    During the prep course, you'll work from home with our materials. Expect to spend about 15 to 20 hours each week in the month before bootcamp begins.
  • Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, Product Management, Mobile, CSS, React.js, Front End, Ruby
    kr97,000
    Online, Stockholm, Gothenburg
    Students will learn Agile software development methodologies along with modern frameworks including HTML5, Javascript, Ruby on Rials, React and React Native.
    Refund / Guarantee
    We proudly offer a 5% discount to female bootcamp participants. Our industry needs more female developers and we want to do everything we can to help women succeed on their coding journey.

2 Scholarships

• €500 Craft Academy Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Craft Academy scholarship for $500 off tuition!

Offer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship.

• All courses in Online
  • €500 Craft Academy Scholarship

No eligibility restrictions.

• Cyber Security Specialist Bootcamp (Gothenburg)

• Seth NeJame  User Photo
    Seth NeJame • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Craft Academy: A whirlwind, once-in-a-lifetime experience for any wouldbe programmer interested in a full-stack programming curriculum.  This no-frills course is designed to get you a career in the IT realm as fast as humanly possible.  It worked for me; I left this course 2 weeks early because I landed a job with a local Stockholm tech company as a Front End Developer.  They weren't looking for a junior, but because I had learned so much at Craft, they brought me in anyway.  Don't believe me?  Check my employment details here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/seth-nejame-b02039183/ .

To be clear: this is a bootcamp.  This course is not for the faint of heart.  This is not for people who are 'playing with the idea' of becoming a programmer.  This course is for people who are hungry for knowledge.  This course is for people who are ready to make a drastic change in their life.  There is no handholding, there are no friendly pats on the shoulder, and there are no participation trophies when you fail.  You will be challenged, you will be pushed outside your comfort zone, and you will question your sanity.  But if you stay the course and graduate, as the founder says, you will have the skills necessary to reboot your life as a programmer.

Frankly, the cost of the course was a put-off for me at first, but compared to other courses I checked out in Stockholm (and also in the states), it ended up being many thousands of dollars cheaper.  Combine that with the fact that the course is literally paying for itself within weeks of graduating, and the invaluable skills that I've acquired, I'm grateful I took the chance.  Forgive me if this sounds like a long-winded advertisement, but I cannot overstate the value of signing up for this program.  I strongly recommend CA for anyone with the money and the time to invest. . .just be sure to clear your calendar and let your friends and family know that you will be off the map for a few months.

The staff (Noel, Faraz, Oliver, Adi & Thomas) are all great guys and eager to elevate your coding chops and work tirelessly to ensure you are absorbing the knowledge you need to become a dev.  Shoot them an email or give them a call and see for yourself.

• Basil Walakira  User Photo
    Basil Walakira • Mid level Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Craft Academy builds holistic software engineers capable of working and growing in the software industry. I joined Craft Academy right after graduating university with very little programming knowledge and experience. During bootcamp, we built products that enabled me learn as much as possible with regards to software development best practices, version control, TDD/BDD and many more skills while adhering to industry standards. It all did not make sense while at bootcamp (I was a bit of a not so good student) but later on I have got to appreciate the opportunities attending craft academy has brought my way. The instructors are really experienced and professional too. I commend Thomas Ochman, Raoul Diffouo and the whole Craft Academy team for the great work they do and the knowledge they give us at bootcamp. Trust the process. It's surely worth it.

• Zane Neikena  User Photo
    Zane Neikena • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Can you learn to code in three months?

The answer is “yes”. Although worth to keep in mind that this is so much more than coding - in three months time you will learn to plan and execute design sprints, apply agile methodology in practical terms, organise work in team, work test driven way, practice pair programming, and yes - a whole lot of coding.

The cost of it is hard work under immense pressure. Non-stop grind for 3 months, a lot of frustration, some tears even - this is not an easy fix for a career change by all means. All work done during the bootcamp is very practical, simulating a real world work environment, which is tiring yet super exciting at the same time. You will learn things that you thought you could never do and gain a whole new confidence both professionally and personally.

I feel like it was 100% worth to put my life on pause for three months to experience this, and the knowledge and friendships gained are priceless. If you are curious about coding and prepared to put in the work I absolutely recommend this bootcamp!

• Felix Bonnier  User Photo
    Felix Bonnier • Graduate Verified via GitHub

High pace, intense, exhausting, frustrating, thoughtful, inspiring, and extremely rewarding learning experience!

The 12 week Craft Academy bootcamp throws you right into the basics and foundations of web development, in a case -and exercise driven approach. With the personal support from (multiple) highly knowledgable coaches - in a team setting of about 6 people - this truly is a perfect experience if you want to:

• Learn the basics (and far more than that) of multiple programming languages - both back -& front end
    • Get practical (and applicable) insights into modern technical frameworks - not just theory
    • Understand the benefits of web development in a team (pair)-based setting
    • Understand the benefits of working in a true agile setting
    • Learn how to setup a web development project, and get acquainted with all roles and stakeholders
    • Get the rewarding feeling of constantly delivering new functionality - not just wait for a final exam

… and all that in 12 weeks!

I can truly recommend this course for anyone who wants to either explore a career within web development, or (like me) are curious to both demystifying the concepts of programming and web development - and enhance your knowledge tremendously in a field which you knew very little about 12 weeks ago.

Thank you to all coaches, Thomas, and all team members for a fantastic and exciting journey that I will always have use for -and feel grateful that I took part in!

• Per Erikjsson  User Photo
    Per Erikjsson • Graduate Verified via GitHub

The course is very well balanced and gives you a very nice foundation to build upon.

What it comes down to is your ability to work hard and to communicate with your coding partners. If you work hard and sleep well you're going to do fine!

If you don't have any experience at all the prep course is extremely important and should be at the highest priority. Coming to the first day of the course without knowing what the prep course covers leaves you in a very bad spot (and your pairing partner).

A tips is to try to do some coding online (there are several sites where you can try languages and solve problems) before you decide and see if you like it. If you find it stimulating and fun this course should be perfect for you!

Last thing is that you really need to understand that this course wont give you a job without you having to give your all. It's NOT a relaxed journey towards a nice job waiting for you on the other side. Go all in and collect the prize! =)

• Laura Reale  User Photo
    Laura Reale • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Why:

I joined this bootcamp because I wanted to make a career change and because I knew two former camp students (with no prior knowledge in software development) that successfully found a job as web developers after attending CraftAcademy's bootcamp

Bootcamp experience:

My experience at the bootcamp was great. I learned how to code, how to pair program, how to work in a test-driven way but most importantly, I learned a method to continue my learning experience. At camp we also practice the Agile approach.

Bootcamp curriculum:

The course is structured so that you start with a 4-weeks prep-course where you cover the basics (Ruby and JavaScript languages). If you are not sure to go all-in with the full bootcamp, you can also purchase the prep-course only.

The actual bootcamp is 12-weeks, it's project-based, with week assignments, but also weekend assignments and the complexity increases steadily week by week. During every week you learn something new, building up your knowledge week by week.

Bootcamp coaches:

My experience with the coaches was great. They are very invested in what you are doing and if you want to take on some extra-challenges, they are there for you, sometimes even during the weekend (when they are not supposed to be working). They can be tough at times, but keep in mind that that's part of the learning process.

My advise:

Take this bootcamp if you want to find a job in this area, but be ready to put your personal life aside for the entire bootcamp length. You will need full support from the people around you, because you will simply have very little time to spend with them, and they need to be prepared for it. Without full commitment, it will be much harder to finish the bootcamp successfully. The more time you spend, the better outcome you'll get from it.

If you are not sure if you like coding i would advise to start by taking the prep-course.

• Amanda Gibson  User Photo
    Amanda Gibson • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I will start by saying this was one of the best decisions that I have ever made.

The course itself covers a massive amount of information and there is so much support from the coaches. Even though we were under loads of pressure, the environment was welcoming and my fellow coursemates were amazing. Changing careers can be scary and intimidating but there's support for that as well and I think the most important thing is that after graduating I do feel that I have the skills now to actually call myself a developer.
    The school offers a shorter introduction course if you're unsure if you'd like to tackle the entirety of the 3-month boot camp.

• What a ride!
    - 2/18/2019
    Jonathan C. Edwards  User Photo
    Jonathan C. Edwards • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I'm a week out from graduation and I'm still buzzing.  Not sure if it's pure shock, excitement for the future or the feeling of creative freedom now that I have the coding tools to start this adventure.  Honestly, I'm sure it's all three of those things.  When I started this course, I wasn't sure what to expect.  I knew it'd be hard work and I'd have to block out any social life for 3 months.  What I didn't expect though was the pair programming aspect.  You will NOT be doing this alone.  This courses main two focuses are teamwork and testing your code.  The instructors are amazing people and will give you a lot of their time and energy.  They really do care and it shows.  They have given me a new passion and hunger for coding.  If you have an interest in coding, I definitely recommend reaching out to Craft Academy.

• Johanna  User Photo
    Johanna • Software developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I worked as a team leader for a customer service when I wanted to change my career. I have always had a technical interest, but had never coded, now after the course I work as a developer at the same employer where I worked as a team leader

Although everyone tells you that it's a tough course in a high pace, I could never imagine how tough it actually is. You put your usual life on hold for 3-4 months, but it is definitely worth it.

Something that I liked very much was that you worked in project form, you always had to develop something and the theory was minimal. If you choose to do the boot camp, you will first have a prep-course of 4 weeks. Craft says that you should spend 15-20 hours / week on this course, I would recommend everyone to do this course full-time, because it will benefit you so much during the actual bootcamp. I worked part time during the prep course, which I would not have done if I had done the bootcamp again.

• Greg Kallai  User Photo
    Greg Kallai • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Intro:

• I decided to take this course because I wanted to do something different in my life. I have worked in the consumer goods industry for almost 5 years, but always felt some kind of calling for the tech industry. So this is my background
    • To be honest I joined this bootcamp because this was the only one I found in Gothenburg. I did not have much expectation, I know it is going to be hard and I hoped that I will learn how to code, but I learned so much more.

About the curriculum:

• The curricilum is well build, they teach you everything 3 times, each time covering more. In what this camp excells is that you have to do a lot of projects, some of them guided, some of them left up entirely on your team. This is the highlight of the camp this is where you can learn the most.
    • Speaking of projects, you are not only going to learn coding but most importantly project management. This is when you will experience what is like to be a software developer, delivering features, and planning the days and weeks.
    • Speaking of teams you will not code alone most of the time! This is essential that you will learn how to pair program, and how to work in a team of 4-5 people delivering a project.

FAQ:

• How are the coaches?
      • They are incredibly helpful, sometimes even on weekends and evening can help you out, but also tough enough that will get you into a good habit during coding.
    • Was it hard?
      • You bet it was! They say that you have to code 7 days a week even in evenings and that is true. If you want to have the most out of this camp you have to give it everything you have
    • Was it worth it?
      • It totally did. I learned how to code, I learned how to pair program and manage projects, and I learned a lot about myself during the process. It is an experience that if you can get the chance you should have in your life
    • So should I go and do it?
      • Well it's really up to you. Did you felt some kind of exicetment reading through my thoughts and you can dedicate your time and resources to this camp? Do you love the idea of creating something by inputing a bunch of lines after one and other? Do you like the ever lasting circle of frustration and instant satisfaction of solving an issue, or putting that picture in the perfect position on your website? Then Hell Yeah! But if you just want to join because you think that there are good opportunities in the tech industry, than I would think twice.

Final thoughts:

I gave this camp everything I got and gone out on the other side swining. I learned to learn, to develop, work in teams, and manifest my ideas. I am very glad I took this course and knowing what I know now I would do it again!

• Aditya Naik  User Photo
    Aditya Naik • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I completed Craft Academy Full Stack Developer Bootcamp in February 2019.

Perspective: Do not join merely to learn coding, instead join to become a great developer and a genuine team player.

Experience: Three months of daily learning (day/night/weekends). Cutting edge tech knowledge interlaced with project management, working and delivering under pressure, being a team member,regular presentations, iterative improvement in true AGILE manner. DO NOT expect spoon fed content, you will be treated as adult responsible for your own learning. Coding skills will improve by leaps and bounds. Coaches actually practice what they preach (hard work, constant improvement, always receptive to feedback). Always a surprise around the corner to keep you on your toes.

Take aways: Expanding my comfort zone, self discovery by regular self reflection(part of formal learning process), being under pressure but never alone, coaches who work even harder to deliver best content. A huge toolbox of tech skills honed by 'rule of 3' practice. Confidence in test drive development with Ruby on rails and javascript.

Recommendation: Join for expanding your thinking, horizons, knowledge of cutting edge tech and to learn more about yourself.

Warning: Say goodbye to social life if you really want to make the most of the 12 weeks.

Bottomline: It is definitely worth the time, money,energy, sweat and tears I have put in.

• No regrets
    - 2/11/2019
    Hanna Nyman  User Photo
    Hanna Nyman • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I graduated in february 2019 and this course was the best decision I have ever made. They teach a lot more than just programming, you will learn how to develop a project all the way from beginning to end. They will also push you out of your comfort zone a lot and they have what is called "Tech interview training", which I found extremely helpful for when I will look for a job.

They also have a prep-course where you will learn the basics of programming. I highly recommend you spending as much time as you can of going over that course and try to experiment with your code (it will help you a lot during the bootcamp if you have a good knowledge of the basics) because if you know the basics then you can focus more on the harder stuff during the bootcamp.

What you get out of this bootcamp is very much reflected on how much time you put in. Do not go in to this thinking you will learn just by signing up and showing up, you have to really sit down and code to learn it.

For me it was an awesome environment to be in every day. The coaches are extremely dedicated to you and having other students next to you that goes through the same thing was very helpful. Be prepared to work all day, 7 days a week. Tell your family and friends that you won't be available a lot during these 12 weeks, because you will literally sit and code all the time.

To anyone who wants to get a good look into programming and how the industry works, I would strongly recommend this course.

• Noel Ryan  User Photo
    Noel Ryan • Student Verified via GitHub

A challenging experience with high rewards

I am coming to the end of my journey with the Craft Academy Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp and it has been one of the most challenging but rewarding thing I have done.

In 12 weeks, I came from not knowing anything about coding to leaving with the knowledge to join the workforce as a Junior software developer.

In the course you cover a lot, I learned Ruby, Javascript, HTML5,  frameworks Ruby on Rails, Angular, Ionic. The course also covers test driven development, pair programming and version control.

The bootcamp not only teaches you how to code, it sets you up to work in a software environment.

The bootcamp teaches you about agile methods like scrum, we had daily stand ups and discussed what we were working on, if we had any blockers and what we would move on to that day. The course mocks what a real office environment is like but in an extreme way.

It is call a bootcamp and that isn’t some cool buzzword, it really is a boot camp.

The course prepares you for a developer job in 12 weeks and you have to put the work in, that includes 7 days a week and evenings. You learn to code with weekly challenges and weekend challenges and if you put the work in you get so much out of it.

Sounds scary but you have some much help, the course material is really detailed and the coaches in the course go above and beyond the call of duty,

The coaches of the bootcamp are the heart of the course, they really invest in their students, they go out of their way to help you, they push you to the very edge and bring out the best in you.

The boot camp also offers assistance getting a job, offering tech interviews, career talks that review your LinkedIn, your portfolio and advice on the kind of interviews that you will go through after the bootcamp.

I came into this bootcamp not sure on it, wondering how they are going to teach me to code and get a job in a software environment, but it has set me up with the tools for future employment in this industry and for me to develop new skills in coder for years to come.

• Rupert Lion  User Photo
    Rupert Lion • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Superb course for all. Fantastic coaches and a broad training schedule.

I had written a long and descriptive review, but unfortunately the login flow on CourseReport meant it was lost in the ether.... so instead (and in the interest of brevity) here are the top 10 "truths" about the Craft Academy Full Stack Developer course.

1. A fantatsic all-round course - not just about coding - much more about how to be a highly effective developer in the real world
    2. Coaches are brilliant, work on a small student to coach ratio, and are always there to support
    3. Don't expect to learn "by rote" - you will need to find the answers for yourself - this mirrors real life
    4. This is a bootcamp. Period. Tell your friends and family you will be "off limits" for 3 months. If you aren't prepared to work 7 days a week (including evenings), then this isn't the course for you. Sure, you may get to the end, but you will severely miss out on everything the course has to offer
    5. It's a great overview of a range of languages and frameworks, although the "go-tos" are Ruby and Rails.
    6. The course is focused on building high-quality, fit for purpose software. Expect to be exposed to many best-in-class philosophies and approaches (eg agile, BDD, XP, pair programming etc).
    7. If you just want to learn to code then this is not the course for you. If you want to learn to be a developer with all it entails, then it almost certainly will be.
    8. Be prepared to collaborate. At Craft Academy, nothing is a solo sport. If you can't/won't work with others then this either isn't for you or, hopefully, this is an opportunity to learn that skill.
    9. This course is hard. Really hard. I've been an investment banker and a management consultant - I've spent much of my career doing 80-100 hour weeks. Whilst the actual hours probably won't quite reach that level (I'd estimate more like 70-80) the amount you will learn in those hours if exhausting.
    10. This course has been fun, hard, frustrating, exhilirating, rewarding and painful in equal measure. I made the right decision to do it.

"Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty…" Theodore Roosevelt

If you embark on this course, you'll understand how right Teddy was - so worth doing, but no walk in the park!

• Rhoneil Gabriel  User Photo
    Rhoneil Gabriel • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Intense but really rewarding. In 12 weeks I learned a lot and I can definetely see myself as a junior web developer and confident to enter the job market.

Craft Academy bootcamp will not teach you only how to code but also how to work qualitatively as a developer with the agile methodology.

The program is well thought and coaches will push you to the extent of believing that you cannot take it anymore, but this is part of the process to build you up. The support from them is continuos and you will really feel that they care about your learnings.

In 12 weeks I learned technologies and frameworks but I also learned a lot about myself and abilities. I am now exiting the bootcamp as a more confident person and If I had chance, I will do it all over again.

I highly recommend Craft Academy.

• Robin Börjesson  User Photo
    Robin Börjesson • Student Verified via LinkedIn

This bootcamp will teach you the technologies and frameworks necessary to enter the job market with skills that allows you stand on your own. It is challenging and you will be pushed to the brink, but the coaches are there to guide you and help you in times of despair. Just remember that in the end it is you that will have to do the heavy lifting. Coaching only gets you so far.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the bootcamp. Even if I had some prior knowledge of programming I was always kept at the edge of my abilities. The curriculum is designed in a smart way and it is not until the end that you really understand the kind of transformation you will have gone through. For my part I was able to land a job at a company as a frontend developer before I even finished the camp. Just make sure to work hard and diligently, and update your portfolio as you go along.

• Andreas MN  User Photo
    Andreas MN • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I started this boot camp knowing next to nothing about webdevelopment and coding. The boot camp did not make me into a expert programmer, but it certainly taught me a solid foundation to stand on and to continue. I was taught the best practices for writing code, to work and collaborate as a team and test driven development of webapplications.

The coaches are very professional, helpful, capable and highly commited to your learning. They are there almost every hour of the day to help, assist and challenge you and keep pushing you forward.

I highly recommend taking this boot camp!

• Erik Steinman  User Photo
    Erik Steinman • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Being a student at Craft Academy has been one of the most useful and important experience of my life.

This is not just a first step into programming, but you will get way deeper into programming than you can even begin to imagine. Before the Bootcamp started I really didn't know anything about coding, 12 weeks later and coding feels like such an important part of my life.

The very thing that makes Craft Academy such a great place to start your Programming-career is the whole atmosphere. You are constantly surrounded by incredibly commited coaches and other students. For me it became such an inspiring environment to be in, and I didn't just developed my skills as a programmer, but I feel like I improved a lot as a person.

You'll read a lot about the Bootcamp being super-tough, and believe me, it really is, but every single day I really did look forward to going to the office and knew that today I will learn so much new things. The tempo is obviously very high and at times it might feel a bit overwhelming with all the new stuff you are constantly being fed, but in the end you will notice how incredibly much you learnt. Really go for it whole-heartly and it will feel fun rather than tough.

The coding stuff is obviously great, that's the knowledge you're being fed, but the thing that really makes this Bootcamp stand out is the working processes. You learn working test driven from the very beginning using version control and from there it just takes on... Simulating real life-projects and the whole idea of Agile methodology and everything that comes along with it like Sprints, Scrums, Reviews and Retrospective. Those are the experiences that are unique, and that really gives you such a great workflow and preaparation for your future career.

Going to Craft Academy was one of my best decisions I've ever made.

If you have the slightest interest in coding, then this is the place to be. Craft Academy gets my biggest recommendation.

• Anonymous  User Photo
    Anonymous • Junior Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I have always wanted to be a developer so I started looking around for courses and came across Craft Academy and sent them an email, I received a response almost immiedietly.

When I joined I knew it would be hard but I was not prepared for how it was but the coaches are very supportive and it is a great learning environment

I can honestly say I am glad that I chose Craft academy as they did not just teach you how to develop an application they taught you everything from everything that goes into a project before you actually start writing the code.  So when you do start job hunting you already have a good idea what to expect.

• David Boll  User Photo
    David Boll • Graduate Verified via GitHub

The 12 weeks I spent with Craft Academy is hands down one of the best experiences of my life! It was hard, sometimes really hard, but sooo worth it!

If you want to learn, not just how to code and become a programmer, but also how the real world works, how to work with real projects in teams, to work remote and don’t want to spend 3-4 years at university learning stuff that are outdated anyway when you finally do graduate, then Craft Academy is the place for you!

You get to learn not just a lot of different programing-languages but also how to take on a new project/problem and learn to know what tools are needed to solve the problem, to deliver the project. My favorite week was when we got to work with creating mobile-apps. Which we continued with for our final project the last two weeks. We got to create a mobile application with admin backend for a real client - So cool!

So is the bootcamp for everyone, definitely not! But if you want to learn to program, and if you’re willing to put in the time and effort, and it’s takes a lot of both, then you’re in for a hell of a ride! I wouldn’t exchange this experience for anything in the world!

Thank you everyone at Craft Academy <3

PS. I'm joining a startup in Stockholm for a internship as a junior-developer this summer - So excited!

• Holger Tidemand  User Photo
    Holger Tidemand • React/Native Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Craft Academy and thier coach team does a fantastic job guiding you in to the jungle of web development.

You will get a great understanding of the big picture which makes picking up new lanuages and frameworks after the bootcamp a real treat.

Three weeks after the bootcamp I got an intership as a React/Native developer.

I have Craft Academy to thnak for that.

I if want to learn how to code I really recommend this bootcamp.

Holger

• Kalle  User Photo
    Kalle • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Due to a long time wish of wanting to learn to code, but not wanting to do online course I started looking into the concept of coding bootcamps.

After some research and considering my options I ended up applying for Craft academy in Gothenburg - a decition I do not regret.

The course starts with building fundamentals and from there move on with teaching you tools and techniques for you to create more complex things and solutions.

There is no secret that the course is both intensive - whenever you feel that you are getting the hang of something you can be sure they throw something new at you!

You'll feel challenged, and at times it can be extremely hard, but at the same time also gives you an extreme feeling of accomplishment whenever you feel that the puzzle is comming together.

The syllabus is relevant and up-to-date, the coaches are great instructors and are there for you when you need them.
    The student-coach ratio is good.

I feel now that i have a good foundation for further development and is excited about what the future brings for me and my coding skills.

• Antonella  User Photo
    Antonella • Junior Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I took part of Craft Academy with the January 2018 cohort, what a ride!

I moved from Italy to Sweden just for attending this course and I can state it's been the best investment I could have made on myself as a person and my career.

I definitely reccommend this Bootcamp, coaches support is outstanding, since the preparation course before the actual beginning of the Bootcamp itself. I remember I was still in Italy at that time and they got in touch with me on a daily basis, whenever I had a problem or questions they were efficient and supportive, that was awesome because when I started I felt like I knew them already and that facilitated the beginning of the bootcamp and reduced the initial "shock".

My group was amazing too and we had a lot of fun together, CA Team makes always sure you feel comfortable with the others, providing you with a professional life coach support (who could speak also Italian so I felt even more at my ease, great!), to help you go through this tough and intense experience. The office in Gothenburg is central and easy to get to, it is very cosy and welcoming too, with wide windows and two fantastic couches where to chill from one coding session to another.

I had no coding experience at all before but after 3 months I can say with no doubts that I feel confident enough to apply for positions that require a Degree level education, and I am also getting response from employers regardless I don't have a degree in Software development, this is encouraging and proves that what we build during the bootcamp is remarkable and rich in terms of technologies used. My skill set is not just about technical skills, but also soft ones, I learnt the agile method to actually approach problems and eventually solve them, it can be applied in any life situation, this is extremely valuable. The course is stressful, tiring, challenging, tasks are increasingly more and more difficult during the path, but if you are committed, driven and strongly passionate, you will do it and beautifuly make it to the end!

In my opinion, for the intense nature of the course , I would recommend it to not-too-young individuals with some work and life experience that presumably have a structure in the workflow, know how to behave in a professional environment and who also know and are ready to commit themselves 100% to the bootcamp.

Craft Academy was more than getting a Diploma and add it to my CV to me, it was a life changing experience, a turning point in my career and life, I'm grateful and very satisfied with the results I have achieved and the help I had during this incredible journey. Keep up the good work!

• What a journey!
    - 2/21/2018
    Zuzanna Bienkowska  User Photo
    Zuzanna Bienkowska • Test manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I have been working within IT, with software testing and test management since 2007. And I totally love my job! However learning new things is never wrong, right? I attended Craft Academy for two reasons.

I wanted to expand my current role to also include working with test automation. What I really liked with this bootcamp was the concept of test and behavior driven development. How big part test is playing in software development - that I always knew. What I didn't know and realized during this bootcamp was how powerful test was in my own process of learning how to code! I don't think that without TDD and BDD I would get where I am today when it comes to my coding skills! So be prepared for a lot of testing and believe me - it will help you a lot, just let it guide you through the whole MVC process! Together with coaches, because they are going to be there for you, when you feel frustrated, need help or just want to learn more.

During all these years I've been wondering what my all developer colleagues were talking about? Back-end, front-end, jQuery, Bootstrap, APIs, divs, Angular, JSON, Type Script, you name it. What I missed was a context. And a deeper technical understanding from inside out. Now I have IT... And much much more...

Sometimes you might get a feeling of just 'hanging in there'. Take this course for what it is, learn as much as you can, be structured, give all you have but be nice to yourself. With a family, a husband and 2 small daughters, this journey wasn't easy. But still, I managed to complete it and I learned so much! I'm pretty proud of myself and my new skill set. Just follow the process and you will be too!