coding-bootcamp-praha-logo

Coding Bootcamp Praha

Prague

Coding Bootcamp Praha

Coding Bootcamp Praha is a full-time, 12-week, full-stack web development bootcamp in Prague, Czech Republic. The syllabus features HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, PHP, Bootstrap, Laravel, and MySQL. The course is aimed at career changers who want to get hired as web developers or develop a startup MVP. The emphasis is on understanding the best practices, learning by doing, and solving real-world problems. Throughout the bootcamp, students learn to cooperate in teams using Git and create 7 main projects, and a number of challenges and exercises. Coding Bootcamp Praha is international with 60% European and international students and it is taught fully in English.

To apply, candidates should fill out the online application form. A member of the Coding Bootcamp Praha team will then reach out to schedule an interview to discuss a candidate's experience and expectations. Every admitted student is invited to the online learning environment where they get access to pre-bootcamp study materials.

The bootcamp provides intense career support to help students find jobs in the industry through individual and group sessions starting from week 1. Coding Bootcamp Praha offers a job guarantee, and most graduates who are awarded a Certificate of Completion are employed within 2 months after graduation. Some Coding Bootcamp Praha alumni also develop MVPs of their startup projects during the bootcamp. The highlight event of the bootcamp is Demo Day, where students showcase their Final Project, a result of six-weeks of intense team cooperation. Alumni are encouraged to keep in touch after graduation at alumni events, activities and social media groups.

Recent Coding Bootcamp Praha Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (93) reviews for Coding Bootcamp Praha →

Recent Coding Bootcamp Praha News

• Fullstack Web Development Programme

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, MySQL, PHP, React.js, Front End, Git, SEO, User Experience Design, Algorithms, Node.js
      LocationPrague
      The fullstack web development bootcamp is a life-changing experience, are you ready for it? Coding Bootcamp Praha provides you with a coding family - before, during and after the programme. Our students come from all walks of life and all across the world - our alumni come from more than 30 countries. You will all be learning intensely and going through the same challenges for 12 weeks and leave with friends for life. How to successfully change careers and become a programmer? The most important is to switch the way you think. The bootcamp empowers you to transition into the software development mindset in three phases - The Coder, The Programmer and The Developer. Thanks to our passionate instructors and mentors you learn how to create fullstack web application in JavaScript and PHP. We teach you step by step how to combine the frontend and backend technologies, from the basics of HTML and CSS through advanced frameworks and libraries, including React and Laravel. Through project work you learn how to set up the best user interfaces, create secure, robust and scalable applications, store big amounts of data in databases and become a Git master. We carefully selected the hottest tech stack to give you the best advantage for getting a job. But technology is fast-moving and ever-changing, thus our teaching method gets you ready to learn any new language or tool in your future career.
      Discover more in our FAQ how to pay in One or Three Instalments.
      Refund / GuaranteeWe do offer Job guarantee. Check: https://www.codingbootcamp.cz/blog/alumni-stories/job-guarantee
      Prep WorkMinimum 60 hours of online preparation
    • Online Fullstack Web Development Programme

Algorithms, CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, MySQL, Node.js, PHP, React.js, User Experience Design
      LocationPrague
      The fullstack web development bootcamp is a life-changing experience, are you ready for it? Coding Bootcamp Praha provides you with a coding family - before, during and after the programme. Our students come from all walks of life and all across the world - our alumni come from more than 30 countries. You will all be learning intensely and going through the same challenges for 12 weeks and leave with friends for life. How to successfully change careers and become a programmer? The most important is to switch the way you think. The bootcamp empowers you to transition into the software development mindset in three phases - The Coder, The Programmer and The Developer. Thanks to our passionate instructors and mentors you learn how to create fullstack web application in JavaScript and PHP. We teach you step by step how to combine the frontend and backend technologies, from the basics of HTML and CSS through advanced frameworks and libraries, including React and Laravel. Through project work our students learn how to set up the best user interfaces, create secure, robust and scalable applications, store big amounts of data in databases and become a Git master. We carefully selected the hottest tech stack to give you the best advantage for getting a job. But technology is fast-moving and ever-changing, thus our teaching method gets you ready to learn any new language or tool in your future career. This course is offered as an online alternative to our in person courses to students who prefer to study from their home. We use virtual environment Zoom, Slack, and other collaborative tools.
      Discover more in our FAQ how to pay in One or Three Instalments.
      Prep WorkMinimum 60 hours of online preparation
    • Aleš Živný • Software Engineer • Graduate

I studied at the Coding Bootcamp Praha right after my undergraduate degree where I studied math. I was looking for an intense way of learning programming because we have covered a lot of algorithmic thinking at my university but not enough of any practically-oriented knowledge to actually start developing. Towards the end of my degree I realised my interest is more towards practical implementations, rather than theory and wanted to switch into computer science but it wasn’t an option.

I got accepted to the bootcamp about four months before my batch started and was glad I had time to study all the provided resources without any time pressure. In general, I recommend having at least a month before the bootcamp to do the pre-studies unless you are already more advanced. The technologies taught at the bootcamp are amongst the most popular on the market and I felt that the main programming languages were quite complimentary - once we learnt JavaScript it was quite easy to learn PHP.

I believe my background helped with the studies at the bootcamp but I still put a maximum effort into it - I stayed many evenings at the bootcamp studying and also came during the weekend. We created a small study group with several other students and it made all this much more enjoyable - don’t think I would otherwise be able to push myself so much on my own :-)

I found the environment at the bootcamp really great, the instructors very helpful and the majority of the students really amazing people. We stay in touch even now several months after we finished and its nice to have friends who really get what you are talking about when sharing your daily stories at work :) it took me about two weeks after the bootcamp to find a job I liked. What I found during the interviews most important is that you know how to present yourself, which normally comes down to you actually believing that this is the right career path for you. Apart from that its not much of a magic, most interviews were pretty much exactly as we were told during the careers prep at the bootcamp. But I would advise against acting like the entire world is waiting for you - be a bit humble, do your best and its gonna work out for the best!

• Lukas Pospisil • Backend Dev • Graduate

I spent a while visiting bootcamps before committing to the Coding Bootcamp Praha. A number of other bootcamps did not look very serious because many did not seem to have a very qualified teaching staff. All my friends who are in tech working as software engineers advised me that the quality of instructors should be my number #1 concern when making my decision. I was really impressed when I met the Coding Bootcamp Praha at one their info sessions, everyone was very professional, experienced but also friendly and happy to answer all of my questions.

During the program I got help anytime I needed, everyone was there for me and the entire community is very supportive. The syllabus is carefully thought-through – it is challenging but perfectly manageable. I got tons of personal supprt both from the instructors as well as the managers. When you ask for it, they are always there for you. All the instructors bring a unique and positive experience to the classes.

I came in not knowing much coding – just HTML, CSS and the basics of JavaScript. Coding Bootcamp Praha provides a prebootcamp course to get you up to speed with the basics for the 12 week program. I found the prebootcamp classes very helpful.

The support to get hired is provided throughout the full programme, starting already in week 1. I found the advice very helpful and my process to get hired was smooth - and received a couple of offers soon after graduating. Throughout the program I realised Im more interested towards backend & databases, so in the end I decided for a backend job offer.

If you have any questions about my experience, I’d be happy to answer these on my email – but please if you do get in touch, make your questions clear, thx guys! ;-) Here’s my email: lukyn.pospisil@gmail.com

• Boris Koudelka • Programmer

It was a real pleasure to be a part of this bootcamp. It was challenging but great time - we learnt a lot, had to troubleshoots a lot, had to work a lot but I also met amazing people with whom I studied, helped each other out and shared tons of jokes on the bootcamp Slack :) I don’t think I ever thought it is possible to learn so much in just three months but here I am developing in a new job & continuing to learn tons!

• Stephanie Kazazis • Frontend Software Developer • Graduate

The daily support and coaching through the programme is great, as much as the constant feedback received. From day one the experience exceeded my already high expectations. I found a job as a front-end developer (JavaScript & React) within two weeks after the bootcamp finished. My lessons learnt there is to not be afraid to fail - you might need to go through a bunch of interviews before you find the right opportunity and not every company needs to be a match - for both sides! Also, be open about your knowledge and don’t pretend you know everything that you don’t - just show you really want to learn. For me this was one of the most useful advice from the job recruiting workshops because in all my previous jobs it was rather different approach to interviews.

I wanted to be prepared as much as I could before going for a coding bootcamp. However, when I look back I realise I was always just scratching the surface - first with HTML & CSS on CodeAcademy, then JS on Freecodecamp, Python on Udemy and some other courses and workshops I attended as a prep for the bootcamp. It was only when we started developing at the bootcamp that I started to see a bigger picture of web development. This moment was really important for me - and the other classmates - as we realised that we need to approach our learning journey with patience and humidity.

I had an incredible time developing the Final Project with a team of great people from three different countries and all very motivated and excited to create something great (or at least as good as possible within 6 weeks :) ). We worked really hard together, helping each other, adjusting and re-adjusting until the very end. I learnt so much through this experience - both in terms of my programming skills as well as my team work skills. If you’re like me a few months ago, you might actually be intimidated by this final project - but keep in mind that the team is always there to support you, the mentors are eager to help and you are never stuck alone! So make use of all the support that is there & be bold!

The Coding Bootcamp Praha was the right choice for me & I hope to stay in touch for the years to come.

• Sofia Kozlová • Software Developer • Graduate

The programme has a solid syllabus written by software engineers with decades of experience. The whole team is there to teach you and help you at every step of the journey, I always felt that everyone really cared whether we succeed or not and how to maximise our chances.

The skillset you gain is the most sought after on the market whether you decide to go more on the JavaScript/Node.js/React path or the PHP/Laravel path. Actually in my experience what mattered most was they I really learned to think like a developer and I know how to approach problems…during my first job interview towards the end of the bootcamp I got a task to solve and I only managed to draw a database model and described what I would do next. I thought I totally failed but actually got accepted because that’s what the companies seem to appreciate most - someone who knows something but most importantly is excited to learn and is good at communication (&asks for help in a meaningful way, if needed).

Im really grateful that the bootcamp got me ready not only at the technical level but also boosted my confidence and taught me how to approach interviews. Thank you for everything!

• Eduard Demir • Software Developer • Graduate

I first came across the Coding Bootcamp Praha at their Learn to Code workshop at a local co-working centre when I was visiting Prague on holidays. Going to the workshop helped me so much at making my decision as I got a preview of their teaching, met the team, and the local tech environment.

The bootcamp was an amazing journey for me as I joined the course without any background in computer science and yet I was able to change my career within five months. I quit my job six weeks before the bootcamp and focused on the pre-bootcamp studies and I started in a new job two weeks after the Demo Day.

What makes this bootcamp so powerful is the community of the instructors, mentors, the non-technical staff, and the other students. Since my background is in humanities I was scared that I couldn’t keep up with the pace and other students but with so much support from the mentors and fellow students, I quickly realised that I can do (almost :) ) anything if I push myself enough.

The bootcamp really cares about your personal growth, Jana and Jan are there to help you with any of your concerns regarding job hunting and changing career. They help your polishing your interviewing skills There are also external recruitment experts that you can consult with. Out of my batch more than 50% of the students had a job offer (front end / back end) at the time of our graduation and the other students only focused heavily on job hunting in the weeks after the bootcamp.

I would like to say big thanks to the entire team and to anyone who is thinking about the Coding  Bootcamp Praha - if you have the opportunity and are accepted, then go for it and enjoy it as much as I did!

• Johanna • Frontend Developer • Graduate

I came across coding in many shapes and forms throughout my professional experience when I was helping to develop projects in a number of countries around the world. But my role was mostly business dev, administrative, marketing or sales, so I only managed to learn bits and pieces on the go. Ultimately, I realised I’d love to learn much more. I wasn’t 100% sure in the beginning whether I want to switch careers but at the age of 34 I felt its now or never if I want to really learn skills from a brand new field. I know people learn at much later ages too but that was simply my feeling at that point. While working long distance in Thailand, I came across a past graduate of the Coding Bootcamp Praha who was on holidays there. And this total coincidence changed my life! I did more research, read great reviews from past graduates & also saw the bootcamp received several awards, including one from the MIT. I applied, got in, packed my bags & I’ve lived in Prague since!

The environment at the Coding Bootcamp Praha is great and everyone is very positive. People have different backgrounds and experience, so I had many interesting debates with my classmates. The bootcamp is oriented on helping you change career and learn as much as you so that you can excel at your interviews. I would never be able to learn so much in three months on my own – and probably not even in one year because the guidance and support you get is just incredible. I think the bootcamp helped unlock a hidden potential I probably always had but because I never explored this side of me, it might have always stayed hidden. I particularly enjoyed all the teamwork and working on the Final Project – it made me feel really proud seeing all the work we managed to do, I could not ask for a better team. I got a job with a company I started chatting with at the Demo Day and it went great for me since then.

I definitely recommend this bootcamp to anyone who wants to learn coding in a challenging, yet friendly and fun atmosphere.

• Andreas Mayer • Graduate

My journey towards programming started with taking online classes, I have done the intro courses to a number of languages, however, I never made it past the beginnings. From my previous learning experience of any subject I know I learn best in a classroom setting because I really enjoy interacting with others. Also, it simply gets the best out of me :)

The small class size made the instructors available to us anytime. All of them are skilled software engineers that were able to help us with any problem – big or small. I appreciate that the instructors were also guiding us to be able to troubleshoot on our own and step by step I saw how Im getting better at understanding problems myself.

Regarding the course, I definitely recommend starting the pre-bootcamp work as soon as you receive it and make sure you understand each topic well. During the bootcamp make sure that you prioritise well and that you create a good study schedule. I felt this was different for different students – most of us studied together majority of the time but others preferred to have more individual path. So find whatever works for you and give it your best.

I felt everyone from the bootcamp was really looking out for their students' best interests. The team helps you get ready for interviews and you get a chance to meet a number of tech companies in person. I found a job I liked in week 10 of my batch and started working right after graduating. Coding Bootcamp Praha was a great experience for me and one of the best decisions I have ever made.

• Federico Russo • Junior Programmer • Graduate

The teachers and the whole team were great. All very smart, years of experience in web development and education, and knew exactly what they were talking about. It was well-organised, the material you will learn progresses logically week by week from one topic to the next, utilizing all the topics that came before it.

Before joining the program I tried my best to learn coding on my own for more than a year. However, I had no basis to build upon, nobody to study with and no real mentors to help me. I tried a part-time online coding bootcamp too, however, I just don’t think its realistic that a beginner could learn on their own enough. That is enough to switch a career. I enjoyed studying on my own but ultimately I felt Im simply stuck at the same beginner level and not moving from there.

I have lived in about six countries but I don't think there is a better place to get a job as a junior programmer than Prague at the moment. The tech market here is booming and the companies are constantly hiring even for entry level positions. It took me one month after the bootcamp to find a job I really liked, after attending six interviews with different companies.

Of course, it was not always easy but I knew that I really wanted to do this and finally work in a career where I can see myself in ten, twenty or thirty years!

• Marketa Malikova • Software Dev • Graduate

I did a lot of online studies and on-site workshops in the past two years, learning as much as possible from web development I reasonably could on my own. Originally I thought of it as a hobby but at some point I realised I would like to make it a career. I applied for few jobs but only got accepted in one as a tester, which I tried for few months but it was not what I was really after. Ultimately I went for the Coding Bootcamp Praha to accelerate my learning journey, or so I thought. However, while at the bootcamp I realised that there was so much more to learn that I did not even have any idea. The pace of the bootcamp was great for me and manageable, I also participated at some extra challenges. It was great to get to know the other students and work with them at the hackathons or during the final project. For me it was a very rewarding experience, I’d recommend this bootcamp to anyone who wants to learn to code.

• Oliver Knotek • Junior Developer • Graduate

I took the Coding Bootcamp Praha programme to speed up my learning and get a job as a programmer. I studied on my own on codeacademy, udemy and few other resources but felt Im always scratching the surface.

My decision to go for a coding bootcamp was not easy - i quit my job and had to save up in advance to be three four months without an income. I was glad that I started working right after the bootcamp so I didnt have to kill my saving even more :) the bootcamp was really intense but thats exactly what i wanted. Still at times I was happy that I had other students around me to get the best out of me - because once you are five six weeks down, you do feel tired a lot.

So be ready for it, be ready to learn at all times and hopefully it will all work out for you as it did for me :) enjoy learning to code!

• Tim L • Software Dev • Graduate

I got accepted to the Coding Bootcamp Praha four months before the programme and spend a lot of time before the bootcamp learning through the Pre-bootcamp study materials. Once I arrived at the bootcamp I found the studying much more fun because I got great dedicated people around me, friendly instructors and very helpful team who was there for me anytime. I learnt so much during these three months and I got a job through a company who was also mentoring at the bootcamp for few days. The bootcamp also gave me some advice on getting a work visa, they connected me with past alumni who went through the same process and helped me check few documents in Czech. It was a great experience, thank you!