coding-bootcamp-praha-logo

Coding Bootcamp Praha

Prague, Prague

Coding Bootcamp Praha

Coding Bootcamp Praha is a full-time, 12-week, full-stack web development bootcamp in Prague, Czech Republic. The syllabus features HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, PHP, Bootstrap, Laravel, and MySQL. The course is aimed at career changers who want to get hired as web developers or develop a startup MVP. The emphasis is on understanding the best practices, learning by doing, and solving real-world problems. Throughout the bootcamp, students learn to cooperate in teams using Git and create 7 main projects, and a number of challenges and exercises. Coding Bootcamp Praha is international with 60% European and international students and it is taught fully in English.

To apply, candidates should fill out the online application form. A member of the Coding Bootcamp Praha team will then reach out to schedule an interview to discuss a candidate's experience and expectations. Every admitted student is invited to the online learning environment where they get access to pre-bootcamp study materials.

The bootcamp provides intense career support to help students find jobs in the industry through individual and group sessions starting from week 1. Coding Bootcamp Praha offers a job guarantee, and most graduates who are awarded a Certificate of Completion are employed within 2 months after graduation. Some Coding Bootcamp Praha alumni also develop MVPs of their startup projects during the bootcamp. The highlight event of the bootcamp is Demo Day, where students showcase their Final Project, a result of six-weeks of intense team cooperation. Alumni are encouraged to keep in touch after graduation at alumni events, activities and social media groups.

Recent Coding Bootcamp Praha Reviews: Rating 4.78

all (78) reviews for Coding Bootcamp Praha →

Recent Coding Bootcamp Praha News

• Fullstack Web Development Programme

MySQL, HTML, Git, PHP, JavaScript, User Experience Design, CSS, React.js, SEO, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End
      Start Date April 27, 2020
      LocationPrague
      The fullstack web development bootcamp is a life-changing experience, are you ready for it? Coding Bootcamp Praha provides you with a coding family - before, during and after the programme. Our students come from all walks of life and all across the world - our alumni come from more than 30 countries. You will all be learning intensely and going through the same challenges for 12 weeks and leave with friends for life. How to successfully change careers and become a programmer? The most important is to switch the way you think. The bootcamp empowers you to transition into the software development mindset in three phases - The Coder, The Programmer and The Developer. Thanks to our passionate instructors and mentors you learn how to create fullstack web application in JavaScript and PHP. We teach you step by step how to combine the frontend and backend technologies, from the basics of HTML and CSS through advanced frameworks and libraries, including React and Laravel. Through project work you learn how to set up the best user interfaces, create secure, robust and scalable applications, store big amounts of data in databases and become a Git master. We carefully selected the hottest tech stack to give you the best advantage for getting a job. But technology is fast-moving and ever-changing, thus our teaching method gets you ready to learn any new language or tool in your future career.
      Discover more in our FAQ how to pay in One or Three Instalments.
      Refund / GuaranteeWe do offer Job guarantee. Check: https://www.codingbootcamp.cz/blog/alumni-stories/job-guarantee
      Prep WorkMinimum 60 hours of online preparation
      April 27, 2020 - Prague
      September 7, 2020 - Prague

• Gabriela Denkova • Backend Developer • Graduate

Coding Bootcamp Praha was instrumental in starting my career in the industry. After completing the full stack web development programme I was hired as backend developer in Prague and have been working there since. The company that hired me is the bootcamp's hiring partner, so it went really smooth.

Before the bootcamp I was working as a account manager in a tech company and learning programming on the side through online resources and with the help of my tech colleagues. I wanted to transition into writing software full-time but didn’t have enough knowledge and confidence to make the switch. I heard about the Coding Bootcamp Praha from a friend and made the decision to quit my job and apply. I liked the fact that they offer a Job Guarantee, which for me shows that the bootcamp believes in their own results.

The instructors were patient and knowledgeable about the material - well beyond the course material. Many thanks to Honza, Martin, Slavo, Jana and everyone else. Every day was a new day of “brain abuse” with all the new concepts, teachings, and project work. My advice to anyone is not to plan much during the bootcamp - you will code, eat and sleep. For me that was perfect because that’s what I really wanted. Also, don’t panic if you don’t understand everything. From what I heard from the instructors - nobody, even the most experienced guys ever “understand everything”. The field is wide and deep, so make one step at a time, enjoy your own progress, follow the advice and most importantly - study with the others. The support at all levels is immense, so make sure you use it well.

Friday, May 18 2018
      Hi Gabi, it has been such a pleasure having you at the bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • Martin Sedláček • Web Developer • Graduate

I graduated from college with a degree in Social and Environmental studies and realized that I did not want to pursue a career in my field. On my own I have studied several online open courses - HTML, CSS, Boostrap and tried creating small projects. I weighed my options and I chose this coding bootcamp after it got recommended to me by a girl - an ex-student of the programme - I met at a tech meetup.

Since I did not have a tremendous amount of coding experience, I fully utilised the pre-bootcamp studies resources, which you can do on-line from anywhere. The bootcamp itself was more than 100% immersive - we learnt programming, we worked on projects, we learnt the newest frameworks and libraries, we explored how software development is really done but we also grew as people by improving the way we present ourselves on the job market. We got great deal of advice on how to find a job, went through case studies, we even visited a hiring partner company of the bootcamp and got all our questions answered about interviews. We did standups, live coding, team projects and completed projects in short deadlines at the regular hackathons, and presented our findings. It was intense but I enjoyed every bit of it!

I have made many new friends at the programme who we still keep in touch. At the Coding Bootcamp Praha I felt I was at the exactly right place at the right time for me.

Friday, May 18 2018
      Hi Martin, it has been such a pleasure having you at the bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • Bjorn Nilsson • Software Developer • Student

Great place to learn and improve your skills! I completed the Fullstack Web Development programme at the Coding Bootcamp Praha and here are the things I liked most about it:

• The quality of the content and practical tips from all the instructors
      • How much we learnt in such a short time (12 weeks flew by like a moment there!)
      • How much practice we did and how we could see our knowledge and skills grew day by day
      • How the instructors made sure that each student actually knows how to program, implement the new concepts and why you would use a particular technology to solve a problem
      • I loved the youthful, tech-focused and positive vibe and the great fellow students
      • The location is right in the Prague centre and I really love the city

Good luck to everyone who is thinking about a coding bootcamp and hope you have as good time in Prague as I did!!

Friday, May 18 2018
      Hi Bjorn, it has been such a pleasure having you at the bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • Archie Sekulic • Startup Founder • Graduate

My motivation for attending the Coding Bootcamp Praha was to know more about programming and web development, which I I wanted since my teens. I always liked computers and how systems how work but when choosing a university I never considered a job in this field. I studied finance and accounting and continued this career path for several years after my graduation. However, I did not stop being curious about web and product development phases and challenges.

I have a passion in entrepreneurship, innovation, partnerships with diverse parties, and in creating value for businesses via technology and creative solutions. Being a part of Coding Bootcamp Praha was invaluable for me as I have learnt the web app skills throughout and after the course via collaboration with instructors, motivated classmates, and like-minded tech enthusiasts. After completing the Bootcamp: i.) I have a solid introductory skill and knowledge on web development, ii.) I can cooperate with developers and tech enthusiasts more efficiently, and iii.) I am now developing an MVP for my future entrepreneurial project and business.

Friday, May 18 2018
      Hi Archie, it has been such a pleasure having you at the bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • Gets you ready
      - 2/9/2018
      Charles Moore • Dev Ops Engineer • Graduate

The 12 weeks flew by like a minute, can't believe it went so quickly and we learnt so many things in such a short time! The instructors were amazing, they helped me so much with everything. Many thanks to everyone at the Coding Bootcamp Praha! I wish one day I would come back as mentor because I really would love to help others as well.

Title: Bootcamp Counsello
      Friday, May 18 2018
      Hi Charles, it has been such a pleasure having you at the bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • David Meyers • Software Engineer • Graduate

After reading reviews and shopping around town I realized that Coding Bootcamp Praha is the best choice for me - great curriculum, experienced instructors, proven track record, and a lot of job searching support. I checked where their graduates work and found out it’s the hottest companies that do web development. I got a tour of the campus and the team was happy to answer all my questions. Also, I was glad to see that they help our with sorting out accommodation- something that hardly any other bootcamp out there does, even those that cost six times more than this one! So I spent three months co-living with people who were in the same situation as me - all trying hard to switch our paths and land a programming job at the end.

On the first day the bootcamp founders told us that we will all become one big family because we will spend so much time together and be excited about the same topics. I am always happy to show up at the Alumni drinks that get organised from time to time because I moved to Prague for the bootcamp without knowing anyone here, so Im happy that i got a family not only for 12 weeks but even after :)

Every day I could not wait to get to the class and every evening I didn’t want to leave - this was a feeling I never had before in any of the jobs I did (administration, marketing, logistics). I got a job as a web developer at one the company partners of the bootcamp and I felt really ready. Doesn’t mean I don’t continue learning each day but now I also get paid for it :) My suggestion to everyone who is thinking about Coding Bootcamp Praha? Show up every day with an open mind, work really hard, and push past minor setbacks along the way, and you will come out the other end employable as a software engineer.

Friday, May 18 2018
      Hi David, it has been such a pleasure having you at the bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • Antonio Marvao • Junior Software Engineer • Graduate

Before the Coding Bootcamp Praha I have worked in IT support for few years, answering questions on how to fix computers, networks, printer etc. I became curious about databases and researched options how to learn online. I did few introductory courses on SQL on Codeacademy and Udemy and I have become really excited. I spent many weekends and evenings for the next few months studying on my own until I realised that I enjoy it much more than my daily job. In the end I decided to take the risk and go for it 100% - I applied for a coding bootcamp, got accepted and quit my job. Many of my friends thought I am nuts but I believed it was the right step for me!

The first six weeks of the Coding Bootcamp Praha I have consolidated and deepened the various topics that I have tried to self-study. There were also many new topics for me such as Git and we had a lot of fun merging, pulling, pushing and committing in our team projects :) I understood how a complex web project is developed. The second half of the bootcamp we focused on advancing our knowledge of JavaScript and PHP with learning React and Laravel and implemented it right away into our final project. This was a massive learning experience for me and I felt so proud when i sent the live project to my family and friends :) i got a job as a software engineer at one of the partner companies of the bootcamp and started working right after my graduation. So my only regret might be that I didn’t take some holidays in between :)

I fully recommend the bootcamp to anyone who wants to switch careers. I never believed I could learn so much in such a short time & have a great time with the other students and our instructors.

Friday, Jan 26 2018
      Hi Antonio, it has been such a pleasure having you at the bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • Adrian Bruno • Software Engineer • Graduate

Attending Coding Bootcamp Praha was one of the best choices I have ever made. Each day I felt like my knowledge has doubled and I had an amazing time since day1 to day60.

I appreciated how the programme was structured - each two weeks led to a one day hackathon where we created a functioning project. Also, in the first six weeks we kept developing one big project and finally the last six weeks we developed our final project. I also liked the challenges and - weirdly enough - also the exams :-) It all helped me revise and practice and know right away if I need to study some concepts more. I enjoyed studying with the others students, we have become one close & very international family for 12 weeks :)

The final project is where i learnt the most while cooperating with great team members - we developed a React app with a Laravel backend. This was a great experience for me - seeing a project developed from an idea, through creating a wireframe, drawing our database (and re-drawing again and again :-) ) until programming the full project.

After the bootcamp I got employed as a software engineer but I have a project in mind that I would like to do in the future, so Im looking forward to utilising all the materials from the bootcamp - btw you keep access to all materials also after the programme, which I find pretty awesome.

Many thanks to all the instructors who were there always for me. I was pretty shy in the beginning and Im very grateful for all the encouragement and support I got. Keep up the good work, guys!!!

Friday, Jan 26 2018
      Hi Adrian, it has been such a pleasure having you at the bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • Peter Muller • Developer • Graduate

I wanted to learn programming for several years before enrolling to the Coding Bootcamp Praha. I began learning using many online platforms - udemy, codeacademy, treehouse, freecodecamp. However, I had big issue staying motivated - after being excited for few days I found it too difficult to continue studying on my own. Then I bumped into a previous student of a Coding Bootcamp Praha at an event and from talking to him I realised that what I am missing is an immersive environment where I can work with others and get help from experienced guys whenever I needed.

The goal of the bootcamp is that everyone is able to build their own app, starts to think like a software engineer, know how to keep on learning and gets a job. I recommend this bootcamp for its effective teaching method and constant support during your studies there. I now work as a developer - mostly working with JavaScript and React. I wanted a fresh start and this was the best choice for me.

Friday, Jan 26 2018
      Hi Peter, it has been such a pleasure having you at the bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • Alice Mala • Frontend Programmer • Graduate

Hi everyone, I am Alice and I graduated from the Coding Bootcamp Praha. I came to the bootcamp with a lot of passion but hardly any real knowledge because I always got excited about some problem but never knew how to then further develop my knowledge. The 12 weeks were a life-changing experience for me and I would like to say big thanks to the entire team! I started a new job as a frontend developer three weeks after the Demo Day and I am so much happier than in my past jobs (I mostly worked as a business analyst in the past). My advice? Go for the bootcamp with an open mind, trust the process and stay confident - don’t let yourself fail just because you believe you cannot win ;-) oh, and hope you have as much fun as our batch did!!

Friday, Jan 26 2018
      Hi Alice, it has been such a pleasure having you at the bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • Jan Poprocsi • Software engineer and consultant • Graduate

You want to have a better future ? Or maybe to change your field ? This is the best opportunity to do so. I've found my job after 2 weeks of graduating from the bootcamp and It was a blessing to attend. I had a great time as with the teachers also with the alumni. You will make great friends and learn ins and outs of web development.

Friday, Jan 26 2018
      Hi Jan, it has been such a pleasure having you at the bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • Sergey • Front-end web developer • Graduate

Before joining the Coding Bootcamp Praha, I worked as an account manager in a marketing agency for three years and before as a marketing assistant. After 8 years in the industry I was feeling bit depressed and needed a change in my professional life.

In the beginning I felt nervous about getting back to a classroom into an intense programme for 12 weeks. I had read and heard a lot about the intensity of the programme and how demanding it could be, especially as I didn’t have any science background. Despite all, I am convinced that applying for the Coding Bootcamp Praha from the professional perspective the best thing that happened to me since I left school.

It was a great and challenging experience. I have started with my studies already few weeks before the programme began by studying the online resources, which Coding Bootcamp Praha provides to the students. Within the 12 weeks in the classroom I learned all the different steps of building a website - front-end, back-end, and working with the database. They use many creative methods to learn you how to code. Everything what we have learnt is clearly structured on their online platform and is available for the students and graduates even after the programme ends.

Now I feel I can work for lots of different companies and it was rather quick for me to find a job in the field. When I look back at myself struggling in the marketing world few years ago, I am so happy that I made the decision to apply for the Coding Bootcamp Praha.

Tuesday, Nov 28 2017
      Hi Sergey, it has been such a pleasure having you at the bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • Carol • Javascript Developer • Graduate

The programme was well worth it as it doesn't just teach you how to code, it teaches you how to think and to actually be able to solve a problem. The next step is learning how to build a full-stack website, backend and frontend, and how to go through the full web development cycle.

I had a terrific experience at Coding Bootcamp Praha, never learn so much in such a short time. The atmosphere is super friendly and yet very professional. The teaching staff is dedicated, passionate and experienced.

My most important takeaway from my time in Prague is that there is a way of learning, I feel that I can quickly learn any programming language. In my current job as a junior JavaScript dev I really appreciate that a lot because I keep learning new concepts every day (and I love it :-) )

I can wholeheartedly recommend the programme to anyone who wants to switch into web development.

Really grateful to the entire Data4You Team!

Tuesday, Nov 28 2017
      Hi Carol, it has been such a pleasure having you at the bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • Jozef Andros • Backend Developer • Graduate

I have been interested in coding for a long time but I could never manage the time or the patience to teach myself after regular work hours. I tried several online courses but it never felt like I can actually build something myself. I googled around for other options of learning and came across coding bootcamps. I did my research and chose Coding Bootcamp Praha, mainly because I wanted to learn full stack web development and many other programmes only teach front end with a bit of - mainly ready-made for you - back end. Besides the curriculum, I also really wanted to study in Prague :) I truly enjoyed my stay and made a massive progress in these 12 weeks. I am now working as a backend developer and despite I need to keep on learning every day, the bootcamp got me ready for the job. What I also like is that I keep in touch with the alumni through alumni events that are organised as it helps me meet new people. Thx guys!

Tuesday, Nov 28 2017
      Hi Jozef, it has been such a pleasure having you at the bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • Aleš Cibulka • Javascript Developer • Graduate

Coding Bootcamp Praha enables you to switch careers into web development & despite I was not sure if I can make it in the beginning, I am so happy that all the hard work and dedication paid off for me. My advice for anyone who is applying:

- Be ready to work hard. There is no magic formula - the more you study and think about stuff, the better you get.

- Don't stress yourself if you cannot understand every little detail immediatelly. The instructors will keep telling you that it is a part of the process, so trust them, do the work and you will get there.

- Use the career support. I got my job through their partner organisation and currently work as a Javascript developer.

- Work with others. Study together with the other students after the classes and on weekends. You will have access to the bootcamp office at all times, thus make use of it. Also it really helps when you motivate each other when things get complex.

- Do the pre-bootcamp preparation. I underestimated this a bit and I had to work extra hard in the first weeks despite I had plenty of time before. Be smarter ;-)

Tuesday, Nov 28 2017
      Hi Aleš, it has been such a pleasure having you at the bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • Konstantinos • Software Engineer

I took part in the winter batch of 2017. I had some previous coding experience, several years ago, and some concepts were familiar to me. The course goes through multiple technologies such as HTML,CSS,PHP,Javascript and MySQL. The difficulty is rising as weeks go by, so it's absolutely necessary to put quite a time by yourself and study away from the classroom.

The instructors were extremely helpful to assist after the class was over or even early in the morning before class.Every instructor is proficient in his own subject and you should try to get as much as you can from them. There is lots of practice in class. Most of the times a new subject would be introduced and afterwards there were exercises which we had to do on our own, and then check with the solution of the teacher.

The only negative thing I can think of is that around the 6th or 7th week the material got very hard and at first it seemed impossible to grasp it. Nevertheless with more practice in class,back home and with the introduction of a framework things started to make sense.

Overall I'm very pleased from the Bootcamp as I have learnt a lot, enjoyed the wonderful city of Prague , and was privileged to meet wonderful people.

Tuesday, Nov 28 2017
      Hi Konstantinos, it has been such a pleasure having you at the bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • Kristian Buffer • Javascript Developer • Graduate

It was the best educational investment of my life. You will learn a ton. If you are considering it but on the fence, just do it.

From the general standpoint, I got much more value from the bootcamp than I did from my 4 year degree at university.

Before, I spent the better part of a year coding on my own and evaluating bootcamps. I wanted to learn full stack Javascript. I hemmed and hawed and couldn't decide because I was too afraid of writing a big check to some fly-by-night operation and getting ripped off.

I contacted several alums from the bootcamp. They all gave it a resounding endorsement (and they were all employed as software developers). So I settled in because it seemed like the best option to get the skills I wanted. I was not disappointed.

Here's why:

It is intensely practical.

This is not to suggest that you get no theory, you do. But the bulk of the program is about writing code. So you spend a lot of time and energy and focus writing code. Everything in the environment is a conspiracy to get you writing code.

If you love to build things, the bootcamp gives you lots of opportunities to do it while in the program and equips you to make great stuff as soon as you graduate. Practicality wins.

They have thought a lot about how to teach.

The founders and team have put a lot of thought into how to teach tech. It isn't some disorganized mess of pre-recorded tutorial modules that you can find online.

There is a structure and, even though it isn't always clear why you're doing a particular part while you're in it, you quickly discover that the process builds a tree of understanding. You'll learn the problem about some approach to development, struggle with it in vanilla JS, and only then get the library or framework that was built to resolve that problem.

The early part of the program uses test-driven development to help you get used to reading tests and inferring implementation from a desired functionality. I loved this approach.

After you struggle with the tests, the discovery of an answer feels like a grand, life-altering insight. I'm convinced this trial-and-error helps you learn and remember things more deeply than lecture, reading, or a repeat-after-me video tutorial.

The instructors are wizards.

You are not taught by recent grads, but by legit software engineers who really know their stuff. The environment is ultra-smart. It helps you up your game. I didn't want to leave at the end because I knew I would miss spending so much time around such smart people. My instructors were both great programmers and great people. I will miss learning from them.

The founders actually care about the business.

The two founders are still intimately involved in the business. You can feel in the environment that the business has their attention and that they're improving it. I have huge respect for them both, especially when I saw that the founders was actually sitting in the room on our final day when we all gave feedback about the program. When it comes to 'caring for your students', talk is cheap. Jana's presence shows a true investment of time and attention that are the hallmarks of a dedicated entrepreneur.

The tech stack is in demand.

PHP and Javascript is huge on the market right now. There were tons of jobs available after graduation.

You make friends with smart people.

Going for fullstack also pre-selects smart people. Your peers will be people from finance, entrepreneurship, academia, or even software developers looking to update their skills. Hanging out with smart friends = you getting smarter. You'll end the program with a great group of friends.

It works.

If you do the work, the process works wondefully.

The graduation and placement stats speak for themselves and the bootcamp has led the way in transparency in results.

My own experience: it isn't even a month since I graduated and I already landed an awesome full stack engineering job at an early-stage startup, which is exactly what I wanted when I signed up!

Tuesday, Nov 28 2017
      Hi Kristian, it has been such a pleasure having you at the bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • Zaine Morgan • Student

Before we begin: This is an honest, objective account of my experience at CBP, or DATA4YOU, in their April 2017 term. Just a quick note, I did not complete the course as I left halfway through after digesting my first 6 weeks experience and thinking hard about whether I'd continue.

Why did I choose Coding Bootcamp Praha?
      Over the last 2-3 years, I've created and run my own eCommerce stores, as well as successfully consulted in the field of digital marketing. The success of my previous ventures allowed me the freedom to live and work remotely and provided me with enough time to further develop my skills in any area I saw fit. Being involved in online business & digital marketing sparked my interest in all things tech and I felt that learning to code would seriously enhance my ability to perform in this field. So that's when I decided to look for a coding Bootcamp and take it to the next level.

I chose Coding Bootcamp Praha (Data4you) because:

Location: Prague was absolutely STUNNING, I felt like I was living in a fairytale city from a Disney movie. For my first experience in Europe, I honestly could not have been happier about spending 2 months in Prague.

Price: As most the students remarked, we were all persuaded to join the boot camp as it was so affordable and based in a great location.

Reviews: While the sample size for reviews was VERY small (less than 5), they were all positive and so I felt just confident enough to take this course seriously. Looking back now, I wish I had listened to my intuition more seriously.

What were my goals?
      From speaking to my classmate I found out that most people were either trying to get into their first career or transition into a new one. This was not why I was here, I planned to learn enough during the Bootcamp to merge my current skills with my newly learned skills in web development.

What do I think of the instructors?
      The instructors were all good people, I enjoyed being around them and felt comfortable in the class. The main issue I had with them is that at times I felt they were unwilling to change/improve the structure of the course, and at times seemed unconcerned with the success of their students:

1. They prefaced the class with the comment "There is no such thing as a stupid question" but on one occasion I saw one of the instructors get very upset with a student who was apparently 'not asking the right questions' and asked him to stop interrupting the class, which I thought was very unfair.
      2. When spending time with the students outside of class there was a growing unrest in the students of the course, we were beginning to be very unhappy with the curriculum of the course. We voiced this on several occasions to different instructors and despite them acknowledging our concerns, no action was taken to improve the course delivery/curriculum.

The main issue: the curriculum & delivery.
      The primary issue I had with the course was not the instructors themselves but the quality of the curriculum and the delivery methods. The structure of the curriculum is stated to be the following on their website:

• 9:00 - Morning Class: Challenges of the day are introduced by the instructor through lectures, activities, and discussions

• 11:00 - Live-coding Game: how to write better code, Challenges of the day on practical examples that students improve

• 12:00 - Lunch

• 13:00 - Simulated Work Environment: Individuals and group work on the challenges and portfolio projects in collaboration with our instructor

• 15:00 - Individual Progress Evaluations: Personal discussions between the student and the instructor who supports the student with specific recommendations

• 17:00 - Best Practices: Wrapping-up the day as a group, presenting accomplishments

This was what all the students were expecting from the course and much unrest grew when we were instead spending 8 hours a day watching our instructors point things out on a projector. Occasionally we'd code in the actual class, but the majority of the time it would be in a rushed 30 minutes where the instructor would FLY through the code at a pace not one of the students could keep up with.

My ideal solution for this would have been coding MUCH more than we were, working on more projects, and spending less time in front of the projector.

How was my experience?
      I loved being in the city of Prague, it was a dream come true and really instilled me with a great desire to see more of Europe. In the beginning of the class, I was very hopeful about the end result, and I was happy with the students we were studying with. We all became good friends and spent a lot of time together inside and outside of the class, and so we became very comfortable with each other and had strong mutual trust.

• The first week or two of the class was slow but my peers and I were satisfied because we had been told things would get harder as the course progressed, at this point, we still had a lot of patience and were excited to learn more.
      • By weeks 3-4 the sentiment of the class began to shift, many students felt the quality of the course and its instructors was lower than they had hoped. Several debates between the students took place outside of the class in bars/restaurants in weeks 3-4. Overall, the mood started to shift and we all agreed we'd have to voice our concerns in class in order to try and steer the rest of the course in a direction that would give us all the best outcome. So, we began voicing our opinions in class as a group and privately to instructors.
      • By weeks 4-6 my peers and I became more agitated and disappointed by the class. Many jokes were passed around that we could have learned more from free coding resources online or if we did not attend class and instead coded together on projects outside of class.
      • By the halfway point I had lost faith in the quality of CBP and felt that I could better spend the 40 hours weekly on self-learning, I usually always self-learned subjects in the past and have had good results doing so. By this point, I had also started to get sick on a regular basis because I was studying 40 hours a week at CBP and working 30-40 hours per week outside of class, which I think started to impact my health. Overall, I felt that the increasing frustration of myself & my class mates, our lack of hope that the course would improve, and my health condition, were enough reasons to cease attending.

My biggest regret: their refund policy...
      My biggest regret was that I didn't ask more about their refund policy before paying to attend the class. By the time week, 6 came round, myself and several other students were expressing great interest in obtaining refunds. However, we all read more about the refund policy and realized we most likely would not receive any refunds if we asked. I know for a fact that a big reason why many of the students chose to finish the entire course was that they were not able to get refunds + they had already paid for 3 months of accommodation. Despite being deeply unhappy with the course, they felt trapped.

As for myself, I was lucky enough to have the freedom to leave if I saw fit, and so I stopped attending the course. After taking some days out and time to recover from my illness I emailed the Data4You team and expressed my reasons for leaving and asked them if a refund would be possible. I still had one installment to pay them and asked at the very least if they would refund that, to which they told me they would report me to the authorities if I did not pay for the remainder of a course I would not attend. Overall, my biggest regret is that we did not read the refund policy more clearly & that the students who also wanted refunds did not band together and press for this to happen.

Advice for future students:
      If you're REALLY serious about attending a coding Bootcamp, I would strongly recommend against attending CBP/Data4You. They are a very new Bootcamp and have not worked out bugs in their curriculum. I'm certain that if they do not improve the overall quality of the course, they'll certainly be out of business very soon. I know from some of my friends that their experience in other Bootcamps was nothing like mine at CBP, there are certainly other much better investments out there. Be careful, take your time, and do your research...you will find the right class for you! ;)

Dear Zaine, Tim and Atena

We are addressing your statements in one comment as you have applied together as a part of - what you stated to be - a startup team. We are sorry that the bootcamp has not fulfilled your expectations, however, the rest of the students from your batch are now either happy in their new jobs as junior web developers or developing the startups projects that they kicked off during the bootcamp. There is a number of positive reviews from them on this very page and we regularly meetup at the Alumni Events we organise.

The bootcamp is very intense and we discourage our students from taking on any other obligations and not to travel during the bootcamp. Unfortunately, you have not paid any attention to the recommendations of our instructors and mentors, which resulted in failed exams and unsubmitted project work.

All three of you have left the bootcamp during the Weeks 3-6, Zaine (Week 3), Atena (Week 5), Tim (Week 6) without letting anyone know, including the students that you were supposed to work with on team projects. We never experienced this type of behaviour - in any of the batches before or after.

We are not sure why you decided to post a number of false statements here but please note that anyone can check the facts on our website or contact Kristy, our Bootcamp Counsellor. If anyone feels that they could benefit from more details and context of these reviews, feel free to email Kristy at kristy@data4you.cz

We wish you all the best in your future and if you ever decided that you want to take a career switch seriously, our door is always open for you.
    • Timothy Kim • Student

Coding Bootcamp Praha or Data4You is a 12 week basic coding class based in Prague, Czech Republic. They claim to "prepare you for a career in web development" in 12 weeks. They are one of many web development intensives designed to help someone transition into a career in tech. I will share my honest review about my experience with the most recent cohort.

Disclaimer: I decided to leave after 8 weeks into the course.

I am reviewing this class using Class Central's open-source review template to provide as much insight and value as I can to anyone considering attending this course.

Background Information

Why did I choose to attend this course?

I am an online marketer by trade and have been for the past five years. I have built a solid business that has helped me become location independent so I have been diversifying my interests into other industries and self-educating to continually improve myself. Since I have been working with software companies I have had a growing interest in tech and particularly web development because I enjoy the idea of being able to solve problems through creating useful apps and digital products. This interest has lead me down a path of self-study since 2015. After experiencing a plateau in my progress I decided the best course of action was to enroll in a coding bootcamp that would help me bridge the gap and shorten the learning curve.

I chose this course for the following reasons:

• It was located in Prague, CR a beautiful city that's cost friendly to live in.

• The course's price itself was also the most inexpensive out of all of the other ones I researched.

• The small collection of reviews were positive.

• I contacted some alumni that I found on LinkedIn and they gave positive feedback (I will address this later on).

What were my goals?

Though most people want to immediately get a job as a junior web developer I wanted to get enough experience where I could build an app end-to-end so I could solve my own technical challenges in my own business and/or fully build a prototype if I had an idea for an application. I wanted to use the program to push me past the basics and help me really develop the confidence to build a project.

History of the class

The class is organized and run by {redacted due to GDPR claims}. The course has only been around for about a year and they had previously "graduated" two cohorts of students before ours. It was mentioned at the course by an instructor that they originally intended the class to be for kids but after assessing the demand they decided to create a camp more suited towards those looking to change careers. Neither of the founders have any experience in web development nor do they have any startup experience.

On their website, they advertise that including the two co-founders they have eight instructors during the course. This is incredibly misleading information. They only have one instructor a day, and for my cohort, they rotated between four instructors. One of them is still a student who works in their office and the rest are contractors. If we're talking about competency they definitely were skilled enough to teach the subjects they were covering but they lacked the proper mentality to be instructors. To be fair, two of the four instructors actually cared about the development of the students and consistently asked for feedback on what we thought we needed to cover and I got a lot of value from one of the instructors who would start the class by always asking everyone how confident we were about the topic we were covering. The issue with the class was the format and founders, not the instructors.

My Background / skills entering the program

As I mentioned before, I started self-learning since 2015. I finished 90% of the freecodecamp curriculum amongst taking other online classes from:

• Udacity
      • CodeCademy
      • CodeSchool
      • WatchAndCode

Just to name a few notable ones. I have a very solid grasp of the fundamentals of HTML, CSS, Javascript, and SQL. I’ve built a couple frontend projects before and I have also used a couple APIs for small projects while I was taking FreeCodeCamp’s curriculum. I’ve read the documentation on some JS frameworks like Angular and React and I’ve dabbled with a couple Ruby on Rails tutorials but I’ve never built an application end-to-end. I sold my first company three years ago and since then I’ve managed to build multiple profitable e-commerce stores. Currently, I focus my time consulting companies on their online marketing efforts specializing in conversion rate optimization. My clients would say that I’m dependable and very honest about what I can and cannot do.

The Course

Daily Schedule

The course is split up into 12 weeks. On their website they claim that the typical day is structured like this:

• 12:00 - Lunch

If this was the typical day I believe my experience would’ve been very different but the typical days actually looks something more like this:

• 9:30 - Morning Class: Everyone gets into class more or less around this time.

• 10:00 - 12:00: We talk about the day’s topic through the instructor sharing slides

• 12:00 - 13:00 - Lunch

• 13:00 - 17:00 - Watch slides and the instructor go through coding examples

On a typical day after the third week, if 10/16 of the students were left after 14:00 I would be impressed. There are some varying degrees of this of course where they would introduce a project half an hour before we left or “practice” the concepts which were taken directly off of other sites. But for the most part, the teaching format is very similar to what you would experience in elementary school.

The "advertised" curriculum had me initially excited about the course. On the homepage, they claim to cover everything from the basics of front-end to learning object-oriented programming, team collaboration tools like git, and server side scripting. During my initial interview, the founder told me that we would be focusing on using PHP and the framework Laravel to build projects. During my 8 weeks of attendance, we did not cover any Laravel.

My experience

The city of Prague is amazing, the price is reasonable (compared to other camps) and the environment of being around other students who wanted to learn was nice. Most of my bad experience stemmed from the founders. Since neither of them knows how to code the format of the course is extremely ineffective. You do not spend nearly enough time coding or working on projects. The ​{redacted due to GDPR claims} founder especially does not take constructive criticism well. The founder is extremely condescending and sensitive when it comes to feedback. The founder's actions made it extremely difficult for any of the students to express themselves or come to them about any issues they were facing. The founder has passive aggressive tendencies that turned a lot of the students off immediately.

My biggest complaint is that the said founder told me during the interview process that their acceptance process was rigorous to weed out those who didn’t seem qualified to participate in the class. I wish I knew that they didn’t care about who they accepted into the class or that they didn’t know how to code. I am not against a class designed to teach someone the absolute basics but for someone who has spent two years self-learning this was a complete waste of time for me. I tried to remain optimistic but after a direct conflict that occurred with me and the founder I decided that I did not want to be in a hostile environment. Most people do not learn web development through powerpoint presentations. Day one it was apparent that 90% of the course had never written a line of code before. There were massive gaps in knowledge. The course’s goal is enrollment and payment, not student development or education.

Can you get a job immediately after graduation?

No, I kept in close contacts with many of the students that became close associates. Many of the students have applied to multiple junior level jobs and internships with no success. Some of them are even applying to other bootcamps. Their only “Job Assistance” was inviting a local recruiter to one of the classes to talk about his own startup that places developers with local startups. Many of the previous graduates now “intern” for the bootcamp. They pretty much work for free on some of their internal projects and are encouraged to leave positive reviews for the course.

Conclusion

Coding Bootcamp Praha or Data4You is a new bootcamp started by non-developers trying to take advantage of the recent hype of coding bootcamps. Even though their price tag is attractive if you are looking for a positive learning environment you will not find one here. The city in which it’s located in is the best part about the bootcamp. I do not see this course being around for long, if you are considering attending this bootcamp I would spend a little extra money and look elsewhere. I have spoken to many friends who attended other bootcamps and their experiences were completely different from mine so I believe it’s not all bootcamps that are bad, just the ones where their focus is on making money like this one.

If you want any additional information about the course please feel free to contact me directly at:

Friday, Jul 14 2017
      Dear Tim, Atena and Zaine,

• Helped me a lot
      - 6/13/2017
      Michal • Php Developer • Graduate

I had quite extensive experience before the bootcamp of learning through many various online environments - or at least that's what I thought :)) but once i arrived i realized how much more is there to learn! its been an intense time, a lot of tasks and projects but i always got help whenever i got stuck. Especially i enjoyed the group work where i learnt how to start developing a complex project from scratch. I had many fantastic discussions with the instructors, which inspired me tons. I am now working for a web dev agency as a php developer and i am really grateful that the bootcamp empowered me to do that!

Friday, Jul 21 2017
      Hi Michal, it has been such a pleasure having you at bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • Tomomi • Student

Although I was a complete beginner in coding, the instructors were gentle and always welcomed any questions. Since the students had similar professional experience and the ambition to change their careers, we inspired and motivated each other a lot. The environment was very international and diverse, it was really fascinating to share our life experience and ideas. The progress in these three months was huge. I'm confidently participating in some coding projects now. The moment I feel my progress the most was the moment I realized that I started to understand programming jokes.

Friday, Jul 21 2017
      Hi Tomomi, it has been such a pleasure having you at bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • FULL COMMITMENT
      - 5/23/2017
      Mohamed Touré • Graduate

Had a great time at the bootcamp, 12 weeks that seemed to be as short as one month! You have to give FULL COMMITMENT to get the maximum out of it and it's worth it! Thanks for giving me this opportunity to learn web development and meet new people. The instructor were great and knowledgeable. From someone who barely knows how to make an HTML file with few word to someone who works on a real project with an amazing instructor, I've definitely learn a lot in an exponential way :)

Friday, Jul 21 2017
      Hi Mohamed, it has been such a pleasure having you at bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • You guys rock
      - 5/10/2017
      Martin Slezak • Graduate

I am glad that I could be part of such an inspirational collective which has always pushed me to get the best out of me. This quarter was very challenging in a way. I have never experienced such an intensive training and study in my life (not even in university but that's probably because my field of study sucked baaad). But I have to say that it was worth it - I learned many new things and I assured myself that programming is what I want to do in future.
      At this point I'd like to send big thanks to the whole BC team and all the lecturers. You are awesome! I had so much fun during all the lessons and I loved it.
      I'd like to thank you all guys once again. Last three months were BLAST and basically changed my life.
      You guys rock! Loved the time we've spent together and miss you already!

Friday, Jul 21 2017
      Hi Martin, it has been such a pleasure having you at bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • Alexandre Gomes • Graduate

Coding Bootcamp Praha has been a wonderful experience, being sunk in a driving environment with like-minded people that share the same goal of learning how to code, for three months. Perfect way to make ones laziness go away and learn !

Beware : You might dream of code.

Friday, Jul 21 2017
      Hi Alexandre, it has been such a pleasure having you at bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.
    • Just Do It!
      - 2/9/2017
      Brady Maxwell • Programmer Technician • Graduate

If you are on the fence about making the investment in a coding boot camp, the data4you camp is great. Do it. You wont regret it. It is totally worth the money. I was able to land a job as a Junior PHP programmer with in 35 days of completing the coding boot camp. The instructors are knowledgable and entertaining. Prague is a beautiful and exciting city to spend 3 months, although you will likely have your hands full with coding you will appreciate your free time as well.

Friday, Jul 21 2017
      Hi Brady, it has been such a pleasure having you at bootcamp. We are happy that we helped you reach your goals and we wish you the very best for your future. Keep in touch and #happycoding.