coding-bootcamp-praha-logo

Coding Bootcamp Praha

Prague

Coding Bootcamp Praha

Coding Bootcamp Praha is a full-time, 12-week, full-stack web development bootcamp in Prague, Czech Republic. The syllabus features HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, PHP, Bootstrap, Laravel, and MySQL. The course is aimed at career changers who want to get hired as web developers or develop a startup MVP. The emphasis is on understanding the best practices, learning by doing, and solving real-world problems. Throughout the bootcamp, students learn to cooperate in teams using Git and create 7 main projects, and a number of challenges and exercises. Coding Bootcamp Praha is international with 60% European and international students and it is taught fully in English.

To apply, candidates should fill out the online application form. A member of the Coding Bootcamp Praha team will then reach out to schedule an interview to discuss a candidate's experience and expectations. Every admitted student is invited to the online learning environment where they get access to pre-bootcamp study materials.

The bootcamp provides intense career support to help students find jobs in the industry through individual and group sessions starting from week 1. Coding Bootcamp Praha offers a job guarantee, and most graduates who are awarded a Certificate of Completion are employed within 2 months after graduation. Some Coding Bootcamp Praha alumni also develop MVPs of their startup projects during the bootcamp. The highlight event of the bootcamp is Demo Day, where students showcase their Final Project, a result of six-weeks of intense team cooperation. Alumni are encouraged to keep in touch after graduation at alumni events, activities and social media groups.

Recent Coding Bootcamp Praha Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (93) reviews for Coding Bootcamp Praha →

Recent Coding Bootcamp Praha News

• Fullstack Web Development Programme

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, MySQL, PHP, React.js, Front End, Git, SEO, User Experience Design, Algorithms, Node.js
      LocationPrague
      The fullstack web development bootcamp is a life-changing experience, are you ready for it? Coding Bootcamp Praha provides you with a coding family - before, during and after the programme. Our students come from all walks of life and all across the world - our alumni come from more than 30 countries. You will all be learning intensely and going through the same challenges for 12 weeks and leave with friends for life. How to successfully change careers and become a programmer? The most important is to switch the way you think. The bootcamp empowers you to transition into the software development mindset in three phases - The Coder, The Programmer and The Developer. Thanks to our passionate instructors and mentors you learn how to create fullstack web application in JavaScript and PHP. We teach you step by step how to combine the frontend and backend technologies, from the basics of HTML and CSS through advanced frameworks and libraries, including React and Laravel. Through project work you learn how to set up the best user interfaces, create secure, robust and scalable applications, store big amounts of data in databases and become a Git master. We carefully selected the hottest tech stack to give you the best advantage for getting a job. But technology is fast-moving and ever-changing, thus our teaching method gets you ready to learn any new language or tool in your future career.
      Discover more in our FAQ how to pay in One or Three Instalments.
      Refund / GuaranteeWe do offer Job guarantee. Check: https://www.codingbootcamp.cz/blog/alumni-stories/job-guarantee
      Prep WorkMinimum 60 hours of online preparation
    • Online Fullstack Web Development Programme

Algorithms, CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, MySQL, Node.js, PHP, React.js, User Experience Design
      LocationPrague
      The fullstack web development bootcamp is a life-changing experience, are you ready for it? Coding Bootcamp Praha provides you with a coding family - before, during and after the programme. Our students come from all walks of life and all across the world - our alumni come from more than 30 countries. You will all be learning intensely and going through the same challenges for 12 weeks and leave with friends for life. How to successfully change careers and become a programmer? The most important is to switch the way you think. The bootcamp empowers you to transition into the software development mindset in three phases - The Coder, The Programmer and The Developer. Thanks to our passionate instructors and mentors you learn how to create fullstack web application in JavaScript and PHP. We teach you step by step how to combine the frontend and backend technologies, from the basics of HTML and CSS through advanced frameworks and libraries, including React and Laravel. Through project work our students learn how to set up the best user interfaces, create secure, robust and scalable applications, store big amounts of data in databases and become a Git master. We carefully selected the hottest tech stack to give you the best advantage for getting a job. But technology is fast-moving and ever-changing, thus our teaching method gets you ready to learn any new language or tool in your future career. This course is offered as an online alternative to our in person courses to students who prefer to study from their home. We use virtual environment Zoom, Slack, and other collaborative tools.
      Discover more in our FAQ how to pay in One or Three Instalments.
      Prep WorkMinimum 60 hours of online preparation
    • Ondřej • Junior Full Stack Developer • Graduate
      Perspective is everything, so I'll start with some info about myself. I have had a bit of an "IT thinking", experience working with structured data going in and some with technical documentation, but no knowledge of any programming languages aside from high school IT classes 15+ years ago. From this starting situation, I found the studies to be well structured and presented at a manageable pace, if at the price of doing the exercises even after teaching hours (which is BTW expected). However, especially with the latter your mileage might admittedly vary, based on your previous experience.
      The content of the course itself should prepare you well enough to be able to apply to junior positions related to HTML/CSS, PHP or JavaScript. Both me and the classmates I've been in contact with did find their jobs eventually, some of us after months, some of us pretty much right after the bootcamp came to an end, depending on the progress we made during the course, but also confidence and luck. Of course, in that job, you'll still see a ton of specific things the course doesn't explicitly teach, based on where you end up, but you should know enough basics to be able to handle it.

Regarding the lectors, they are knowledgeable, helpful and friendly.

Never attending any other bootcamp to have a reference, it's rather hard to objectively justify any rating I would give, but still, I'm substracting one star in Job Support, since while the course technically does provide a Job guarantee (and as I've said, we have found a job, anyway), the conditions to be eligible are pretty harsh.

Overall, I'd recommend the course if you want to steer your career in this direction. Especially so, if you, like me, have poor discipline to learn at your own.
    • Magda Kučerová • JavaScript Developer • Graduate
      I had a very good time studying at Coding Bootcamp Praha. The instructors were knowledgeable and helpful. The course was well-organized, everything had a clear structure and logic to it. I'm glad I took part in it also, it really helped me fast-track my progress. Would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn web development 👍
    • Martina Kočková • Frontend Programmer • Graduate
       The course helped me to move from false beginner to someone who can actually make it in the field. I started studying programming about ten times in the past few years. Every time I either attended some short workshop or mostly I studies through the online websites. I learnt always a bit, I had fun.. but then it got hard and I didn’t know how to progress further. After going through the same cycle for the last time I decided that I need more guidance and structure for my learning if I actually want to make it In the field.

The fact that I had mentors helping me each day, that I had organised classes and I knew what I should learn was one of the most important things for me about studying with the bootcamp. It also helped me understand how to approach my studies, what is crucial and what maybe less so. I also learnt many tweaks that can make you much more efficient and what are some of the good practices (and what not :-) ). I think it would take me several more years to get to the level I have now, simply because I would have to figure out everything myself somehow.

What I also appreciated was that I could learn with all the other students. I studied partially in class and partially online and it was great knowing that there’s always someone I can study with. As being stuck on your own is even less fun! We shared jokes, we struggled together, we pushed together, and Im super grateful I could meet all of my classmates.
    • Jade • Frontend Web Developer • Graduate
      The bootcamp was one of the best decisions I made. Sometimes studying alone at home just isn't enough, thats why I decided to take the plunge and attend a bootcamp. Life at the bootcamp can be overwhelming at times, but there is so much support from the mentors, and also the other classmates. I started the bootcamp afraid that I wasn't good enough, and by the time I graduated I felt confident in myself. I got a job almost immediately after graduating, and the Coding Bootcamp Praha laid the foundations for the developer I am today.
    • Klára Linhartová • Web Developer • Graduate
       I sort of knew I enjoy coding already before joining Coding Bootcamp Praha but I only realised how much I enjoy it during the programme. Before joining the programme, I was quite confused about what my next step should be. I have masters in business and economics and have worked for few years as a business analyst. It was nice, I learnt a lot of things but after some time I realised I don’t see myself doing this forever. I checked a number of job offers, attended a great number of interviews at very different companies but the only thing that really stand out was the tech world. The problem was that my coding experience was limited to beginner level knowledge of R that I learn at university for the statistics courses. I started exploring, I learnt online, I attended several workshops and ultimately I found out about the bootcamp. Im very happy I had the opportunity to attend it, it accelerated my progress soooo much. Things that I might have figured out on my own in a year took a week there! And it was awesome learning from the experienced and friendly mentors. Many thanks everyone & see you at some point again!
    • Ríšo • Software Dev • Graduate
      The course content was great, and I definitely learnt a lot of new things. The bootcamp team is great and they are always willing to help. The job hunting support is excellent, both the group workshops and also the individual sessions where I could ask totally anything and always got a great advice. Due to the covid-19 situation I had to study partially in person and partially remotely, which actually suited me very well, as I could also fit in my personal life in a more flexible way, and sometimes it was just helpful to save time on commuting. What I’d suggest to anyone is the following 1) make sure you take notes during the entire programme; 2) comment your code all the time; 3) think carefully about your final project, so that it helps you reach your goals. So simply dedicate yourself fully to this new great adventure, organise your time well & have fun!
    • Tomáš Skřivan • JavaScript Developer • Graduate
       After working a number of years in sales, I felt I would like to go back to studies and learn something new. I was searching for a while various options and tried dozens of various courses on Udemy and Coursera. I gave a shot to anything from psychology and digital marketing to artificial intelligence  :-) this was bit of a phase for me and I might have wasted some time on courses I gained very little from but I realised one thing. That no matter what innovative area I want to go for, it would be really helpful for me to know some programming. So I went deeper and tried learning JavaScript, Python, PHP, Ruby on several platforms but kind of always got stucked at the same level. Basically I learnt basic syntax, few rules, and when I followed the exact steps I was able to replicate some simple exercises. But I was nowhere near to actually do something myself. So I started looking for more intense options of studying and eventually decided to go for a coding bootcamp. For me it was a really nice experience, being back to “study mode”, having the luxury of doing nothing else but focusing on studying programming for three months was just great. I met some awesome people too and the time just flew by quickly (too quickly :) ). I found the programme well-structured, very hands-on and for me it was fairly easy to follow. Im happy to recommend to anyone who wants to learn coding.
    • Petr • Web Developer • Graduate
      As a former sales specialist working in the automotive industry, I left my previous job to expand my skillset. There has been a talk of crisis in this industry for several years, so Im glad I made my choice to change career already before the COVID-19 situation. I have always been interested in tech and coding, so I decided to first do online studies and then look for more intense study way.

The instructors and mentors were outstanding - all very approachable, knowledgeable, and experienced in interacting with students at different skill levels. I suppose it is natural that I little bit preferred a teaching style of some instructors little more that the others but I also know that some of the other students had the opposite preference :) it comes down to how “guided” you prefer to be, whether you enjoy being often checked upon or prefer to study more independently and seeing for help yourself, when needed. However, all of them are really great people, friendly and fun and Im so glad I could spend this time together with them.

I found it great that I could meet various alumni at networking events, it helped me build my confidence and I got a better idea of the market. I applied for jobs fairly early on during the programme (earlier than we were recommended :-) and it paid off. I wanted to explore a bit so I attended around 12 interviews before finding the right match but Im happy I did this despite it was draining at times.

If I have any recommendation for someone who is thinking about this path, then it definitely is making sure that you like figuring stuff out. It might sound like cliche but it simply is true. So if you do, enjoy the studies, have fun, and go for it!
    • Ayumi • full stack web developer • Graduate
      I recently finished the course and would like to write a couple of things about my experience with Coding Bootcamp Praha:

Overall, a 12-week full-time learning experience at Coding Bootcamp Praha turned was a great learning experience in my life. The course was well-structured, practically oriented, and covering conceptual topics with plenty of hands-on practices and group projects. There is no prerequisite to apply for this bootcamp, so the course and learning materials are structured so that the beginners like me can understand. The course also teaches topics such as how to use development assisting tools, basic concepts related to the web development, good practices in coding, so I learned much more than I could have by self-teaching. They provided us with exercises and group projects on a daily basis and they helped to understand and to consolidate the knowledge just taught in the class. Also, the experience in the group works helped me to practice communicating my idea and logic to others. Moreover, the bootcamp offered guidances regarding job hunting, instructions of a personal portfolio development, and other practical assistance to let us fully prepared to the job market.

The learning experience at the bootcamp was quite intense and I often needed to spend weekends reviewing and digesting the things taught in the class. It does require a full dedication to catch up the class, but it is rewarding to put efforts in learning. I saw myself being able to do much more thing than I could have imagined before starting the bootcamp. Also working with the wonderful classmates helped me to keep up the motivation and go through the intense program.

All the teaching and assistance helped me to start a new career as a web developer. I believe Coding Bootcamp Praha is the best choice for those who are happy to be fully dedicated to the 12 weeks for staring a new career.
    • Helena Kožená • Frontend Programmer • Graduate
      I’d love to share my experience for any people interested in coding bootcamp, so that it can help them make a choice. So what did I wish I knew before signing up for Coding Bootcamp Praha?
      1 - the real meaning of “intense experience”. I thought I was ready for doing my best but I still didn’t expect that I could study so intensely each day for three months! So be ready to give it your 100% if you want to get the most out of it.
      2 - that being well self-organised is super important if you want to be good at coding. You need to manage your time well, have priorities set, and be able follow the study plan.
      3 - that its all about people. I couldn’t make it successfully through the programme if it wasn’t for all the great help I got from all the mentors as well as the other students. It’s very important knowing that the mentors have seen all sorts of study problems before and can actually guide you when you are stuck now just with an exercise but when you might be falling behind.
      4 - that learning to code can be much more about motivation than math. I was worried that my lack of any science / math background will be a big disadvantage for me during the course. While logical reasoning skills are definitely a plus for programming, I’d actually say that your passion for the field is even more important.
      5 - that 3 months can totally change your life. Three months sounded like a too short time for me at first, so I wasn’t sure if that’s enough. And it wasn’t - Im still learning tons of new stuff each day but Im already learning it while having a job :-) I work as a front-end developer in a fintech startup and let me say that its often even more intense than the bootcamp itself. But this is what I wanted and Im real happy that it worked out.
    • Dylan Bakker • Backend Developer • Graduate
      I graduated from the Coding Bootcamp Praha last year. I came into the program with a basic experience in coding as I took several data analysis course before and played with HTML and CSS in CRMs such as Wordpress. Despite this I wasn’t sure if I was ready because I felt somewhat intimidated by taking such a big step - leaving my job and starting something new without a certain result! I learnt so much during these 12 weeks at the bootcamp and making the transition successfully wouldn’t have been possible without the friendly and supportive staff at Coding Bootcamp Praha.

It’s also amazing to share this intense study and life experience with other students at the bootcamp, study together after hours and on weekends… I greatly appreciated that I could come to the bootcamp also on Saturdays and Sundays because it simply pushed me to do more that I would manage at home. Not mentioning that I really loved the free coffee at the office :)

I found the career advice very helpful. At the end of the day applying for web dev jobs is not really so different that prepping for any other interview but it was really good to learn what are the character traits most companies appreciate, how to make a good impression and what to expect during the technical interviews. I left the job hunting for after the bootcamp and it took be about a month to find the job that I liked the most. I work as a backend developer for a web development agency. I still hangout with people from my batch and its really encouraging and motivating to see them growing as developers!
    • Martin • Graduate

I had a great time at the bootcamp during the entire 12 weeks. It was well-organised and the teachers were very helpful and friendly. Its also an amazing value for money and now after completing it I’d say its worth several times more! It helped me change career into what I have wanted to do for long, so I’m really grateful. Also, I loved the small things - how the staff organised welcome parties and drinks for us, how they helped us even well past the bootcamp hours, how we hanged out and had informal conversations… already missing it!