codespace-logo

CodeSpace

Cape Town

CodeSpace

CodeSpace offers part-time, online Front End, Back End, Software Development, Mobile Development, and Web Design courses. CodeSpace courses are modular and build onto one another, so students can study what they want, when they need to. Each part-time course requires students to commit about 10 hours per week, but students may choose to take the courses full-time with 1-on-1 coaching. All students at CodeSpace are taught not only how to code, but how to learn new languages and technologies.

No previous experience is required to apply. CodeSpace offers merit scholarships, and student loans may be available.

CodeSpace does not have a job placement program, but does share relevant job openings from its industry network with graduates. The training program goes beyond technical topics to give students workplace skills and help with interview preparation. CodeSpace students will build a portfolio of code that they can showcase when applying for internships or junior roles.

Recent CodeSpace Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (12) reviews for CodeSpace →

Recent CodeSpace News

• Backend Development

PHP, MySQL, HTML, GitHub, CSS
    LocationCape Town
    Learn to power data-driven websites and web applications by interacting with servers and databases.
    There are payment plans to pay off the course fee over several months. Alternatively, you can apply for a
  • Frontend Development

CSS, GitHub, HTML, JavaScript, React.js
    LocationCape Town
    Take your web development skills to the next level by creating beautifully designed and interactive web applications. Learn advanced HTML, CSS and JavaScript to build responsive real-time applications.
  • Intro to Web

HTML, CSS
    LocationCape Town
    Take your first step as a web developer by learning how to build a simple web page. The perfect course to see if coding is for you.
  • Mobile Development

React.js, JavaScript, HTML, GitHub, CSS
    LocationCape Town
    Learn to make mobile applications using modern cross-device methodologies. Use web technologies like HTML, CSS and advanced JavaScript to build your own mobile applications.
  • Software Development

React.js, PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, HTML, GitHub, CSS
    LocationCape Town
    This comprehensive course gives learners a solid foundation to create functional, dynamic web applications. Learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP and MySQL to fast-track your career as a full-stack developer.
  • Software Engineering

PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, HTML, CSS
    LocationCape Town
    This course is a launchpad for tech enthusiasts and will open doors to many career paths in tech. The combination of cutting edge skills and practical experience will make your resumé stand out. The course covers a comprehensive set of the most in-demand skills that will give you access to many different roles. You will start by learning web development, mastering how to use HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP and MySQL to build sophisticated web applications. From there you will gain specialist expertise in mobile development. Then you will learn how to deploy applications to the cloud, and gain an understanding of cloud engineering and DevOps through our AWS accredited course. This unique qualification allows you to gain workplace experience through a simulated agency environment building client projects. After one year you will be able to transition smoothly into a professional setting and fast-track your career.
  • Web Design

HTML, GitHub, CSS
    LocationCape Town
    Learn the essential web design languages to build responsive websites.
  • Brittany Bull  User Photo
    Brittany Bull • Student Verified via GitHub
    I took Intro to Web course at CodeSpace. I loved how structured the delivery of the course was and how hands-on and supportive the staff were. They had an engaging Slack Channel for us to ask questions and weekly coaching sessions where we could ask questions and get an immediate response.
  • Miss
    - 7/26/2021
    Amanda  User Photo
    Amanda • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I'm Amanda Maarman a graduate at CodeSpace, My coding journey started at CodeSpace, I had no backgrund nor experience in coding however the intense of +-6months experience at CodeSpace. made me develop a sheer amount of Coding interest even today I am still working on getting myself advanced in coding.
  • Mr
    - 7/26/2021
    Ashleigh Manyanye  User Photo
    Ashleigh Manyanye • Student Verified via GitHub
    Last year in November, I enrolled at Codespace for the Intro to Web course.
    I enrolled at the above-mentioned institution after I conducted a thorough online survey of Coding Bootcamps near me in Capetown.
    In my LMS, their learning material and code walkthroughs were easy to follow through from the start to the end of my first course.
    I satisfactorily completed the course in a fortnight and I got my first certificate.
    Last month on June the 18th I completed the Web Design Course after a period of 4 weeks. The Code Coaches were very helpful in the analysis and marking of my HTML; CSS and Bootstrap. The coaches indicated areas that needed attention so that I could improve the layout in order to pass the workability of my first website.
    I thank my coaches for their ingenuity.
    Now I'm doing Interactive Web Applications in Javascript.
    My LMS works efficiently and pretty well whenever and wherever I code. I can safely say that I have no problem when working under my LMS.
  • Naven  User Photo
    Naven • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am very impressed by the way the CodeSpace team portrays themselves, both in and out of lectures, they have always been very helpful. I enjoyed every minute of this course which led to me taking up another with them, the curriculum is on point and easy to follow and understand.
  • Mziyanda • Web developer • Graduate
    From the courses, I have taken CodeSpace was the first from it all, and I had a little experience of web development. The process and learning material were so amazing and help full because not only I was learning to code I was also being prepared for work readiness as this played a huge role even today. They also found the placement of which was cool as I did not know where to look as I was new on the field and the host company was also great
  • Ruan • Jr Software Developer • Graduate
    "I studied Software Development part time for 9 months at CodeSpace. The course prepared me really well to apply for jobs! In fact, I landed a job less than a week after graduating!"
  • Student review
    - 10/5/2021
    Sharfaa Anthony • Student • Graduate
    Absolutely loved this course! Very informative in the web design and development stream.
  • Mr
    - 8/2/2021
    Victor Turinayo • Student • Student
    Very engaging with a support community. Very fluid with time as well as uncomplicated when answering students questions.
  • Jabulani Ngwenyama • Web Developer • Student
    Codespace Has to be the best bootcamp in South Africa. The instructors take you from the basics to more advance coding, Whenever you get stuck they are always ready to assist. The best part that I like about Codespace is that they focus more on doing real life projects so that you get to feel as if you are at the work place. Keep up the the good work guys.
  • Jody • Operations Specialist • Graduate
    My time at CodeSpace was the best!

The lecturers, admin team, everyone in the office just made my educational journey with CodeSpace better than I could have imagined. Employment after the course was so smooth thanks to the team.
  • Osvaldo • Digital Marketing Assistant • Student
    In less than a month's sessions, I was able to solve a significant amount of WordPress Issues I was having at the company I'm working for and it greatly improved my credibility and value. The online UI is clear to navigate and the use of slack channels makes it easy to have assistance anytime you need it. Highly recommend for those looking to upskill themselves and boost their career prospects.
    First off Code Space is a 10/10 recommend, 5 stars, great quality, you get the idea. Not only has the amazing coaches honed my coding skills but the team-building classes was a necessity and super enjoyable. At Codespace, you get taught about the overall business of being a developer as well as being a great teammate to any company. The entire team, coaches and admin alike are just amazing and are there to advise you every step of the way. Truly recommend codespace if you are just dipping your toes into the developing world or if you have prior coding knowledge, it's a perfect place to refresh your skills. The coaches make all coding understandable and Codespace is completely covid proof, offering classes online.