coder-foundry-logo

Coder Foundry

Charlotte, Dallas, Greensboro, New York City

Coder Foundry

Coder Foundry is a North Carolina coding bootcamp offering .NET training via a 12-week full-time immersive bootcamp and corporate training programs. The Coder Foundry bootcamp is designed and taught by industry practitioners covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript, C#, SQL and Xamarin. Graduates will have a fully functioning, enterprise-level portfolio with multi-functioning applications. The curriculum is delivered through project-based, hands-on, collaborative learning and provides students with on-site instruction, and access to speakers, mentors, events, and job support.

To apply to Coder Foundry, applicants need to complete an online assessment and a series of academic pre-work. Coder Foundry is looking for students eager to get their hands dirty by solving real-world problems, and who have the skills needed to secure entry-level jobs in the Software Development field.

Graduates leave fully qualified for software development jobs, and move onto the in-house job placement program upon graduation. Students receive mock interview training, present their projects to employers at Demo Day, and have access to a network of mentors, events, former students, and ongoing career coaching and job placement support.

Recent Coder Foundry Reviews: Rating 4.64

all (89) reviews for Coder Foundry →

Recent Coder Foundry News

Read all (18) articles about Coder Foundry →
  • Full Stack Immersive

MySQL, C#, .NET, Mobile, CSS, iOS, Front End, SQL
    LocationGreensboro
    Coder Foundry teaches modern web development to new and experienced programmers. Once a student graduates from our program, we work to find them a new job in web development, the fastest growing profession in the country. Are you a new programmer looking to switch careers, a Computer Science grad working to build a portfolio, or a professional programmer in need of a skills upgrade? Our In Person Full-Stack Programming Courses are designed to teach you cutting edge, high-demand technologies, so you can launch your new career and adapt to an ever-changing, rapidly evolving market. You will graduate our program in 12 weeks knowing sought-after skills in all areas of web application architecture and computer science.
    Climb Credit
    Meritize
    Refund / Guarantee2 Week Guarantee Refund Window
    Minimum Skill LevelNovice
  • Xamarin Mobile Development One Week Workshop

MySQL, C#, .NET, Mobile, CSS, iOS, Front End, SQL
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week1 Week
    LocationGreensboro
    The demand for mobile app development in the enterprise is exploding. Corporate clients and senior management are now requiring native iOS and Android application development from their IT teams. The pressure is on for programmers like yourself to upgrade your skills. That’s why we’re launching the Xamarin Mobile Development Workshop (for Devs Only). Since 2016 Coder Foundry has been teaching Xamarin, a tool for building cross-platform native applications for iOS, Android, and beyond. Our course was a solid introduction to Xamarin, suitable for new developers. Now we’re carving out - and expanding - our mobile development training. Our new workshop is a comprehensive and advanced course for existing professionals who are already experienced in building applications using C# and the .NET suite of tools. So, if you’re Web Developer, looking to level-up your skills and build mobile applications, this training is for you.

• Daniel Kinai • Student

I learnt a great deal, have made awesome friends, and I know I will be successful at my next job. New students should be made aware that they will need to prepare for at least a month if they a new to coding! Thanks.

• Drew Russell  User Photo
    Drew Russell • Full Stack .NET Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I came into the course with passing knowledge of front end web development, but it was nothing near the level of what is taught in the course. This is a boot camp not a laid back college style class. You will be pushed, you will wonder if you're going to make it, and in week 12 I looked back at my week 1 code and wonder how I ever wrote code that rough.

Jason / Antonio (main instructors) and Greg (TA) are both knowledgeable and, more importantly, approachable. In addition to teaching the requirements they also make themselves available to help with any tangents a student might go on.

While there are no group projects or group work collaboration between students is encouraged. Students who are further along are encouraged to assist other students, this both saves instruction time and reinforces the knowledge of the student doing the teaching.

• Ranjana  User Photo
    Ranjana • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I started the Bootcamp on september 2019 and by the end of December I could not believe myself the person I turned out to be... A Software Engineer.

• David  User Photo
    David • .NET Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I can't express how amazing this bootcamp is. After having a terrible experience with another program, I felt that I would never be able to successfully pursue this type of career, but Coder Foundry changed that for me. The staff here is so friendly and inviting, and they truly care about your success. Their support goes far beyond just teaching the cirriculum here, as they spend so much time focusing on developing your career and finding placement for you. I wasn't even able to complete the course because they found a position for me! They really went above and beyond to ensure that I got hired. They believe in what they are doing and will push just as hard as you do for your success. I won't lie, it is not an easy feat, and it certainly isn't for everyone, but if you put in the effort and truly dedicate yourself, wonderful things will happen. Coder Foundry can make dreams come true!

• Derrick  User Photo
    Derrick • Software Developer • Student Verified via GitHub

I was pretty comfortable with some basic html, css, and javascript before joining the program. That being said, after trying to teach myself for about two years I still wasn't at the point where I was employable. I had no knowledge of how back-end programming worked. With this program, I learned a lot of abstract Computer Science theory (which comes up in interviews) as well as the technical skills needed to apply that knowledge to writing real world web applications.

Fast Paced. You'll be expected to attend class every day. A normal day will consist of around 1-2 hours of "lecture" where you'll go over how to impliment a particular feature, how to improve code you've already written, or some computer science theory stuff. After that you're open to work at your own pace and ask questions when they come up. You'll need to be able to manage your time appropriately to deliver on a weekly basis. For reference, I was driving 2 hours there, in class 9:00 to 5:00 (with a lunch break), driving 2 hours back home, and then working on my project deliverables at home for around 2 hours. Some people will have to spend more time outside of class, others will have to spend less. You need to have the discipline and motivation to do whatever it takes to succeed.

Awesome Staff. My instructor also created videos that he shared with us during his lectures so if you need to go over something again you have the luxury of going over it as many times as you need to for it to sink in.

Weekly Results. You're expected to finish project deliverables on a weekly basis. Mondays are interview days where you'll do a mock interview about the previous weeks delieverables. In the mock interview you learn how to talk about the code you've written, so it makes you very comfortable when the real interviews start to come up. Every week I felt I was getting better and better at what I was learning.

Employment. In regards to job placement, they have tons of connections with companies looking for developers. We even had demo days where we got to show some of our projects to potential employers which lead to interviews and job placements. By week 10, 7 of the 22 students either had interviews lined up or were already offered jobs.

TL;DR - Best investment in myself that I ever made. If you're serious about trying to make a career in web development this is a great place to put you on the fast track for it.

• Jim Black  User Photo
    Jim Black Verified via LinkedIn

Antonio was a great instructor for this one-week boot camp on Xamarin Mobile Development.

This was my first experience with CoderFoundry and first Mobile Development training and I was quite impressed.  The instructor is well educated and/or experienced in Xamarin Mobile Development and the surrounding technologies including MVC and WebApi.  The class was all hands on, no lectures and taking notes.  Detail reference material was handed out and was very helpful.  All development projects were real-world sample projects that we worked with and added features to it, expanded it's abilities or tweaked the UI.

As with any leading-edge technology training, we had our fair share of issues that slowed or delayed training, but nothing too serious.  Most of these issues were caused by NuGet package updates that were unplanned since the previous month when this course was taught.  Well, these issues are occurrences in .Net developer’s everyday life and you need to know how to understand or debug the problem, research and update the correct NuGet packages.

Being a seasoned Microsoft .Net developer, I had hoped for more in-depth coverage of Xamarin Forms and all its controls, but to attract a broader range of students with different experience levels, the class also included training/review in WebAPI and SQL to access the data for the mobile app.  Other classes within an hour and a half drive offer the same similar curriculum.  Overall the class covered a good basis to begin Xamarin Mobile development to grow from.

My employer had an existing Xamarin iOS application that I need to take over maintenance and development, Antonio also helped me learn how to configure my Mac and Visual Studio on my laptop to work together.  THIS was a great help.

I would recommend this class to any Mid-Level or Sr. Level developer that is needing to or wanting to expand their development onto mobile devices.

• Jacob Emory Bullin  User Photo
    Jacob Emory Bullin • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

To the reader,

Please note that your opinion may very well differ from my own (the writer) and this is only to help give insight as to if Coder Foundry is the right place for you.

I stumbled upon Coder Foundry while I was looking for a career path that was right for me. While I was initially nervous about taking the course, I decided that I should go ahead and try it out as I had two weeks to get my money back. Now that I have finished the Couse, I somewhat wish I had gotten my money back. Of the many things that were stated throughout the course; the two things that stood out to me the most were, "We will help you find a job." and "No, you don't need a degree to get a job." Well, I sit here now writing this review to say that over the past several months, I have adamantly applied and followed up with over 40 companies in the North Carolina area as well as spoken with around 15+ recruiters who have all given me a similar answer as to why I was NOT being looked at or chosen for the position. That answer was, almost always one of two; "You don't have a degree and we can't hire anyone without a degree." (and yes, HR reps said that even though they are to treat everyone as equal on their desk.) and "You don't have enough experience, have you considered getting a degree?" Most of the positions I applied to were entry level requiring anywhere from 1-5 years of experience, with or without a degree (meaning a degree was not required). I have now decided to further my education in computer science by getting a degree and taking part in WBL (work-based learning).

As far as Coder Foundry is concerned, they helped me get three interviews while I was an attending student, and zero interviews after I graduated. I managed to get around five over the phone interviews of which only one seemed promising. There liaison has not contacted me to help me with finding a job nor with any information about companies that may be hiring.

The instructors are knowledgeable but not overly helpful, as the most of my questions were meet with “Have you googled it?” or “Keep looking.” and only where finally answered (after multiple times asking the same question in different ways) in what seemed to be you should know that already manner.

The curriculum overall was laid out in a nice fashion but was not executed in a timely manner due to the main instructor not being in class on a few occasions, granted things do come up in life that we need to take care of. And after having five different people teach the class, there is no consistency in the teaching style nor information being taught. Keeping in mind that it only covers .NET and Microsoft’s codebase, they did manage to cover all the basics, but there was a lack of fundamentals. I recommend prior knowledge of any languages such as Microsoft VB, java, or even python.

I should also mention that it is labeled as a 12-week course. With that in mind, I was told that I would not be receiving my certificate of completion because the instructor had to approve of and sign off on our work. That took three more weeks of extra time and money to appease the instructor. This made me very upset as every time I fixed something and said this is done now, the instructor would say hey you need to make this a different color and change this icon because it will look better. All of that for a single piece of paper saying that I have completed a 672 hour course (even though I had accumulated more that 672 hours of work because of the ‘three week extension’ for not having it done the way the instructor wanted it to be; this is also why I list my graduation to be in May as opposed to April when the class actually graduated).

All in all, if you have made it this far, I feel I can not recommend this course to others because of the cost and the way I was treated as well as the so called ‘services’ that I never received. I gained more life experience than I did knowledge of programming.

To prospective students, I wish you much luck and hope that this opinion has helped you to make your decision.

• Fantastic Course!
    - 9/13/2018
    Brent Davis  User Photo
    Brent Davis • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Coder Foundry is an amazing course that teaches current and up-to-date information that can actually help you get a job in the current market. The hands-on approach used there makes it much easier to learn. The course is difficult, but the teachers are all very well experienced and eager to help every step of the way, even helping outside of class hours if need be. They also do fantastic work with the job placement service at the end of the course. I would recommend Coder Foundry, just a fantastic course overall!

• John Mahoney  User Photo
    John Mahoney • Graduate Verified via GitHub

During this course they taught me a lot of knowlegde that is used in the industry. While the course is hard it's well worth it. The teacher was great! He was very helpful thoughout my entire time there. Overall this is a very good course that I would reccomend.

• Anonymous  User Photo
    Anonymous • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Coder Foundry is an excellent place to learn a new career in programming. Before enrolling in to Coder Foundry, I was working two jobs and was still struggling to make a decent living of just paying the bills. I knew I needed a change and desperately was still looking for a way into the computer technology industry that I had been trying to get in to since I graduated from college with a Bachelor's degree in the field of Computer Science. When a lot of companies would look at my resume and see an educated track record but no hands on experience using what I was taught, Coder Foundry trained me hard by teaching me the hands-on approach of creating code for fundamental real world job experiences to not only prepare you for how it works in the real world but also to be better equipped to succeed after obtaining that job. Coder Foundry has changed my life for the best possible chance at not just getting a career that I love but planting the fundamental pieces to grow stronger than the compeition. Although the work load can be strong and feel overbearing at times, to counter this the class size is fairly small. This gives you time to be addressed individually if neccessary during critical points in the session. While the instructors have different strong points, both are great at helping you learn the key points you need to understand to become better at your skill in programming. No instructor is too busy as well. They both are ready and willing to help you, during reasonable hours of course, at any time if something is troubling you or you just are having a hard time understanding something. But upon completion of this program, you will leave for the better, and be the best equipped for the opportunities that come afterwards.

• Meghan Combs  User Photo
    Meghan Combs • Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

In general Coder Foundry is pretty wonderful, however in my review I do want to mention things I'd like to see improved.

What I loved:

- Because of the depth Coder Foundry's teachers went into when it came to developing, I'm very comofortable with C# and Object Oriented Programming concepts. I can now gab about them with ease in an interview

- The passion of the teachers at CF and staff at the adjoining company, Core Techs, is commendable. I always felt valued and listened to as a student, and the teaching methods were stellar (Jason and Antonio ROCK!)

- Having a visible portfolio with well thought out projects really helped me show off my skills as a back-end developer and a creative person (my background was in art history). I know it helped me land the position I have now at a great start up in Raleigh.

Needs improving:

- Unfortunately I was part of a cohort whose education stopped mid-way through the course. CF was forced to close for a few months due to funding issues, however they did re-open in February. I elected to return to CF, but had to restart at the beginning of the course. This was actually beneficial because I could perfect and solidify what I had learned. Where improvement was needed was at the end of this new curriculum, which became hodge podge. I had to start and restart projects because the focus of the instructor would change. I would've liked a continued consistency in my learning experience.

- I wish they would've gone into more depth with important information developers need to know, like HTTP, how the web works, SQL and data manipulation, and languages like Angular and AJAX, which are consistently asked for by employers.

- I wish they would've added a team project. Several companies have asked me about working in a team of developers, which I unfortunately do not have, as our projects were always individual. Maybe the Bug Tracker could be a full team effort in the future?

If you're considering a coding bootcamp, just make sure to do your research on what companies are looking for. Coder Foundry is a great way to learn .NET, C#, and other Microsoft technologies, but is the company you want to work for hiring for that? That being said, Coder Foundry does teach you how to THINK like a programmer, so even if the languages they teach aren't spot on, you'll be able to learn what you need on your own after learning the basic concepts of programming. Overall, I would recommend Coder Foundry. It is a good company with great people. It can definitely get you where you need to be if you're changing careers.