coder-foundry-logo

Coder Foundry

Charlotte, Dallas, Greensboro, New York City

Coder Foundry

Coder Foundry is a North Carolina coding bootcamp offering .NET training via a 12-week full-time immersive bootcamp and corporate training programs. The Coder Foundry bootcamp is designed and taught by industry practitioners covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript, C#, SQL and Xamarin. Graduates will have a fully functioning, enterprise-level portfolio with multi-functioning applications. The curriculum is delivered through project-based, hands-on, collaborative learning and provides students with on-site instruction, and access to speakers, mentors, events, and job support.

To apply to Coder Foundry, applicants need to complete an online assessment and a series of academic pre-work. Coder Foundry is looking for students eager to get their hands dirty by solving real-world problems, and who have the skills needed to secure entry-level jobs in the Software Development field.

Graduates leave fully qualified for software development jobs, and move onto the in-house job placement program upon graduation. Students receive mock interview training, present their projects to employers at Demo Day, and have access to a network of mentors, events, former students, and ongoing career coaching and job placement support.

Recent Coder Foundry Reviews: Rating 4.65

all (88) reviews for Coder Foundry →

Recent Coder Foundry News

Read all (18) articles about Coder Foundry →
  • Full Stack Immersive

MySQL, C#, .NET, Mobile, CSS, iOS, Front End, SQL
    LocationGreensboro
    Coder Foundry teaches modern web development to new and experienced programmers. Once a student graduates from our program, we work to find them a new job in web development, the fastest growing profession in the country. Are you a new programmer looking to switch careers, a Computer Science grad working to build a portfolio, or a professional programmer in need of a skills upgrade? Our In Person Full-Stack Programming Courses are designed to teach you cutting edge, high-demand technologies, so you can launch your new career and adapt to an ever-changing, rapidly evolving market. You will graduate our program in 12 weeks knowing sought-after skills in all areas of web application architecture and computer science.
    Climb Credit
    Meritize
    Refund / Guarantee2 Week Guarantee Refund Window
    Minimum Skill LevelNovice
  • Xamarin Mobile Development One Week Workshop

MySQL, C#, .NET, Mobile, CSS, iOS, Front End, SQL
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week1 Week
    LocationGreensboro
    The demand for mobile app development in the enterprise is exploding. Corporate clients and senior management are now requiring native iOS and Android application development from their IT teams. The pressure is on for programmers like yourself to upgrade your skills. That’s why we’re launching the Xamarin Mobile Development Workshop (for Devs Only). Since 2016 Coder Foundry has been teaching Xamarin, a tool for building cross-platform native applications for iOS, Android, and beyond. Our course was a solid introduction to Xamarin, suitable for new developers. Now we’re carving out - and expanding - our mobile development training. Our new workshop is a comprehensive and advanced course for existing professionals who are already experienced in building applications using C# and the .NET suite of tools. So, if you’re Web Developer, looking to level-up your skills and build mobile applications, this training is for you.
  • Nicholas Bonvan • Junior .NET Developer • Graduate

Coder Foundry is very much a web development bootcamp on the Microsoft stack and it's the real deal. At my cohort the absolute most time spent in "lecture" was about 40 minutes per week, but usually closer to twenty. Most weeks there was no lecture at all. This is absolutely nothing like school. All the experience we got was hands on. The immersive course starts from basic HTML and Javascript exercises then quickly moves into one or two sites in HTML and CSS. We did a small C# desktop application to learn C# before moving into full website development with ASP.NET, HTML/CSS templates, Entity Framework, C#'s MVC framework and backed by a SQL database. All the websites are cloud hosted. From then on you continue to build website after website until the end of the course. The sites take two to three weeks to build and you do everything yourself.

My instructor was phenominal. Some of the instructors are CF graduates, but don't let that worry you. They're not just the best graduates from their cohort, they also have years of industry experience and are super qualified to be teaching.

I landed a job before the end of my cohort. Coder Foundry helps you build a stellar resume and helps you a lot with finding jobs. Every Monday there's practice interviews so by the time you're in real interviews you're going to be super prepared. With the portfolio you'll have built by the end and all the skills and experience you've acquired from building the websites from the ground up, companies will be eager to sweep you up.

You definitely get more than you put in. If you put in a lot of time, care, and effort into your projects you're going to come out as a very good developer.

• Steve Begin • Software Developer • Student

I went into Coder Foundry wanting to get a bigger end-to-end picture of full-stack web development utilizing MVC (Microsoft's preferred design pattern), and they definitely delivered. In a relatively short 18 weeks I was able to touch on a much wider array than I expected, and the skills and experience gained were enough to give me confidence in obtaining three job offers within a week of graduation, and a fourth which was not available for a few months that they lined up for me and I'm now enjoying as it turns out it was the perfect and much-more-suitable job than what I found. The instructors do not leave any question unanswered, and are willing to help even outside of "business hours". Prior students and current students collaborate during - and even after, e.g. TODAY I had five (co-owner included) huddle around on Slack messaging to help me tackle a little-more sophisticated coding question I had at my current job ... what a blessing, and even my employer was impressed by them!

• Michelle • Consultant • Graduate

My experience at Coder Foundry was very helpful. I was able to learn new skills and refresh old knowledge in computer programming. My instructors were very helpful and never made me feel any question was silly. The experience we had with practice interviews was very helpful. I would recommend Coder Foundry to anyone interested in starting or getting back to the computer field.

• Brick by brick
    - 7/25/2017
    K.L. Chia • Graduate

I like that the project assignments were real-world situations and each project was build upon the prior projects to solidify the learning. Concurrently, we were made to find the solutions through our own devices more and more with less and less spoon-feeding from the instructors. I learnt a lot in a short time under this regimen.

I did not consider their job placement services as very important to me when I came in. I was going to take charge of my own placement. But looking back now, I am very appreciative of it. Towards the end of the course when I should have started my own job search, well, I was swamped with trying to complete assignments and my portfolio. All the interviews I've gotten thus far have been through Coder Foundry's contacts. 1/3 of my class had job offers before we graduated, and another 1/3 had job offers the first week after graduation. I'm thankful they were working to place me when I was too busy to do it myself.

• Hands on
    - 3/7/2017
    Matt Downing • Web Developer • Graduate

I enjoyed the hands on project work. The projects are fun and usable.

• Michelle L • Graduate

I was able to learn and the comfortable environment in the classroom where no question was unanswered

• Very prepared
    - 1/3/2017
    John mannio • Graduate

The projects prepare you for going into the job market. I flet very prepared for my job with the training I recieved.

• Victor L. • Graduate

I enjoyed the hands on training. I had a very positive experience.

Slightly unorganized in curriculum at times. At the onset very directed but lost direction in the fourth project probably intentionally in some respect, but still needed a more pointed experience. Media issues were distracting at times setting up streaming and so forth.

• Practical
    - 1/3/2017
    Fouad • Graduate

Very cool school. It focuses on the practical part which is all it takes to be a successful coder.

• Enoc Ananda Pardue • Graduate

Bobby and Antonio were great presenters and instructors for this one day immersion into Microsoft Xamarin tool for cross-platform mobile application development.

This was my first time in the Coder Foundry facilities and I was totally impressed. I can see how comfortable it would be to attend one of their longer Full-stack development courses. I left feeling confident that any training time spent with the Coder Foundry team and at the their facilities would be time and money well spent.

As an added bonus, the Coder Foundry team conveys a passion for software development that is infectious and encouraging. They appear to take genuine joy from helping you to reach your full potential by helping you learn the skills that will grow your career and your success as a software developer.

I look forward to the next DevDays or similar event that Coder Foundry decides to host.

• Xamarin Dev Days
    - 11/7/2016
    Tony Baranski

This was a great course for a one day event.  Antonio did a great job with the Xamarain Forms portion of the presentation.  I liked the format of leaving a good amount of time for completing the lab.  There were also plenty of assistants available to answer questions during the lab.  Everyone on Code Foundry staff was nice and knowledgeable.  I would have no hesitation about doing another course here.