coder-foundry-logo

Coder Foundry

Greensboro

Coder Foundry

Coder Foundry is a coding bootcamp offering .NET training via a 12-week full-time virtual bootcamp, or a self-paced online platform. The Coder Foundry bootcamp is designed and taught by industry practitioners covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript, C#, .NET, and SQL. Graduates will have a fully functioning, enterprise-level portfolio with multi-functioning applications. The curriculum is delivered through project-based collaborative learning and provides students with live interactive instruction, and access to instructors and mentors.

To apply to Coder Foundry, applicants need to complete an online assessment and a series of academic pre-work. Coder Foundry is looking for students eager to get their hands dirty by solving real-world problems, and who have the skills needed to secure entry-level jobs in the Software Development field.

Graduates leave fully qualified for software development jobs and move on to working with the recruiting partner TEKsystems upon graduation. Students receive mock technical interview training and have access to a network of mentors, former students, and ongoing career coaching and job placement support.

Recent Coder Foundry Reviews: Rating 4.69

all (108) reviews for Coder Foundry →

Recent Coder Foundry News

Read all (19) articles about Coder Foundry →
  • .NET Full Stack Virtual

MVC, JavaScript, HTML, GitHub, Git, ASP.NET, C#, CSS, Front End, iOS, MySQL, .NET, SQL
    LocationGreensboro
    Coder Foundry teaches modern web development to new and experienced programmers. Once a student graduates from our program, we work to find them a new job in web development, the fastest growing profession in the country. Are you a new programmer looking to switch careers, a Computer Science grad working to build a portfolio, or a professional programmer in need of a skills upgrade? Our Virtual Courses are designed to teach you cutting edge, high-demand technologies, so you can launch your new career and adapt to an ever-changing, rapidly evolving market. You will graduate our program in 12 weeks knowing sought-after skills in all areas of web application architecture and computer science.
    Meritize
    Tuition PlansIncome Share Agreement
    Refund / Guarantee2 Week Guaranteed Refund Window
    Minimum Skill LevelNovice
  • Meghan Combs  User Photo
    Meghan Combs • Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

In general Coder Foundry is pretty wonderful, however in my review I do want to mention things I'd like to see improved.

What I loved:

- Because of the depth Coder Foundry's teachers went into when it came to developing, I'm very comofortable with C# and Object Oriented Programming concepts. I can now gab about them with ease in an interview

- The passion of the teachers at CF and staff at the adjoining company, Core Techs, is commendable. I always felt valued and listened to as a student, and the teaching methods were stellar (Jason and Antonio ROCK!)

- Having a visible portfolio with well thought out projects really helped me show off my skills as a back-end developer and a creative person (my background was in art history). I know it helped me land the position I have now at a great start up in Raleigh.

Needs improving:

- Unfortunately I was part of a cohort whose education stopped mid-way through the course. CF was forced to close for a few months due to funding issues, however they did re-open in February. I elected to return to CF, but had to restart at the beginning of the course. This was actually beneficial because I could perfect and solidify what I had learned. Where improvement was needed was at the end of this new curriculum, which became hodge podge. I had to start and restart projects because the focus of the instructor would change. I would've liked a continued consistency in my learning experience.

- I wish they would've gone into more depth with important information developers need to know, like HTTP, how the web works, SQL and data manipulation, and languages like Angular and AJAX, which are consistently asked for by employers.

- I wish they would've added a team project. Several companies have asked me about working in a team of developers, which I unfortunately do not have, as our projects were always individual. Maybe the Bug Tracker could be a full team effort in the future?

If you're considering a coding bootcamp, just make sure to do your research on what companies are looking for. Coder Foundry is a great way to learn .NET, C#, and other Microsoft technologies, but is the company you want to work for hiring for that? That being said, Coder Foundry does teach you how to THINK like a programmer, so even if the languages they teach aren't spot on, you'll be able to learn what you need on your own after learning the basic concepts of programming. Overall, I would recommend Coder Foundry. It is a good company with great people. It can definitely get you where you need to be if you're changing careers.

• Life Changing!
    - 5/4/2018
    Reid Thompson  User Photo
    Reid Thompson • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I drove 1.5 hours every morning and again every night to attend. This was easily worth every penny for the tuition and my gas. Never before have I looked forward to Mondays.

Programming is not for everyone, but anyone can do it. This course was 12 weeks of constant information, constant programming, constant breaking things, and constant fixing things. Yes, the work day was 8 hours long (9-5), but to get the most out of it, myself and most others continued working afterwards and on the weekend, but any job in this field is going to be like that. It's a field with constant growth and updates, and as developers you have to be leading the charge if you want to stay relevant, and this course helps with that.

In addition to actually teaching the languages, Antonio (our instructor), taught us how to ask the right questions. You're never going to learn everything about every programming language. There's too many, and they're all too robust and vast, what's more important, and what Antonio made sure to point out on the first day, is having good resources and knowing what the right question to ask is.

The curriculum was fast paced, but it was carried out in such a logical way that everything built on the things we did before. The first project was just getting us familiar with the Visual Studio IDE while having us begin our online presence. The second project introduced the meat and potatoes of what we were doing. The third and fourth projects were garnishes and fine dining presentation (to continue the metaphor). That's not to say the second project was the hardest. I'd say the third one was, but that's because we were cut loose. We had been given the tools, the rest was up to us. If we had questions, Antonio was available during class time and after hours as well, but the better option would be to ask our peers or start building and using our pool of resources.To Antonio's credit, if you asked him a question, you were not immediately given an answer. You were guided to the answer. How else are you going to learn something?

Lastly, the job assistance is real. Throughoiut the course we had mock interviews to prepare us on how to showcase our apps. Additionally, we were taught the basics we needed to be able to handle any of the interview questions. Class vs Interface? I got you bro. Abstract vs Concrete class? Got you there, too. Need me to reverse a string or write a fizzbuzz method? Yep, I can do that. Overloads and Overrides? Let me give you examples of both.

All of these questions are common interview questons or whiteboarding problems. All of which we could do (assuming you paid attention, but then... why wouldn't you?)

Further, we were sat down in front of employers as early as week 8. The job placement wasn't even really supposed to start until after graduation, but the hype was so real for Coder Foundry thanks to Natosha that we had opportunities for jobs very early.

I might sound like a fanboy, but this school helped turn my life around. I was a bartender before coming here. No coding background what-so-ever. Now I'm a software developer. It really is incredible.

• Coding Bootcamp
    - 6/23/2022
    Joe Gastring • Graduate
    Great teachers and staff. Always willing to help both during and after class. As with most things your success or failure will depend on your own level of commitment. 10/10 would recommend for anyone with the desire to learn web development.
  • Fantastic
    - 2/9/2022
    Katherine P. • Developer 1 • Graduate
    This bootcamp helped me build a professional level portfolio that I wouldn’t have been able to do myself. Afterwards their support helped me to get my first software job. Without them, I would probably still be trying to build projects.
  • Eric • Junior Developer
    I decided to take the coder foundry .NET course because Kelly was very helpful and responsive during the entire process. The course its self was very heavily focused on learning .NET and C#. Antonio was really a fantastic instructor, and you could tell he really cared about teaching and making sure everyone understood the material. After graduating from there program I was able to find a full time junior developer position with a large company in the healthcare industry. I started this program with no experience, so it is very possible to from zero experience to getting a full time job in only months. Very happy I made this decision and would highly recommend Coder Foundry.
  • Alex • Consultant - Engineer • Graduate
     I had knowledge of basics in Html and C# going into the class. This knowledge was greatly expanded during the class. This is not a normal 9-5 class. For several weeks hard work and dedication to keep up with the projects and the rest of the class paid off. I interviewed and landed a job before the class was over. The skills I learned there allowed me to get into the field and I felt the interview prepping and assistance on presentation were also helpful. I felt like the instructors cared and wanted you to succeed.
  • Great Course
    - 11/9/2021
    Alberto Morales • Graduate
    This is a great course! You get to build your own Portfolio using Front-end technologies like HTML, CSS, JS. and also create Full Stack web applications using MVC and C# on the back end. You will need to dedicate extra time after class to complete all the projects.
  • Spencer Braswell • Software Developer • Graduate
    This Boot Camp was great! I learned a lot and the job placement services stuck with me through Covid! I would recommend this course, but be ready to work hard. It is not easy but the results are worth it!
  • Jacob Bullin • Graduate
    In lieu of my previous review of Coder Foundry (CF), I would like to say that I gained a lot from their program. I previously said they told me a degree is not required; I would still urge you to go get one. CF’s program is good but focuses on more advanced topics within web development rather than spend a lot of time on the fundamentals. Also, a lot of companies are looking for a degree. I’m not saying it isn’t possible to land a job without one, but if you want to make the big bucks, you’re going to need it. The degree will give you the fundamentals, the full understanding, and better qualifications in the job market.

The best thing you can have when looking for a job is a broad level of experience in the field. CF can help you broaden that knowledge by giving you a rapid ‘deep’ dive into web development. My degree is in software development and I have also had experience in mobile development with Java, Swift, and Xamarin. CF also gives you experience, almost 700 hours of experience, which alongside a degree, looks great.

I gained a lot from my time at CF, though it took me a while to see it. During my capstone project in my degree, I was tasked with a web-based order system. A lot of what I learned at CF came in handy for that project. I was able to lead my team and develop one of the best capstone projects they had ever seen. Without my knowledge gained from CF, I don’t know what I would have done.

While I do not necessarily agree with all their methods and practices, they did help expand my knowledge and experience. I still highly recommend you get a degree. I can also recommend CF as a great ‘continuing education’ program to help you further your knowledge.

I hope that this helps in your considerations of this boot camp.
  • Ira • Web Developer & QA Engineer • Student

I started already having some coding knowledge but got a lot better at actually using it to create great Web UIs.  I really feel like this will open more doors for me.

• Amazing Instructor
    - 12/19/2019
    Matthew Park • Student

Coder Foundry has an amazing process and an amazing staff. The instructor is definitely my favorite teacher of all time. He knows his stuff and he knows how to explain it thoroughly.

Expect to work even when class is over. If you do, you'll learn a lot more.

They do a lot for job placement which is amazing.

• Brandon • Student

I started my boot camp on September 30th of 2019 and overall have been thoroughly impressed. The entire staff I have worked with are nice and professional. The main instructor Jason, is extremely knowledgeable on the subject material and always goes above and beyond to explain things students may not be understanding. The director of education Antonio was a fantastic source of extra help to me and other students during our time here. The TA in the class at the time Greg pretty much worked non-stop helping students with individual problems they may be having on their projects. I really appreciated all of my teachers. The course is definitely hard work and while I did not pass I still feel I have enough tools to continue on and pursue my career in development.