coder-foundry-logo

Coder Foundry

Charlotte, Dallas, Greensboro, New York City

Coder Foundry

Coder Foundry is a training program that teaches three-month courses to a variety of skill levels and assists with finding students their dream jobs. For students who already know how to program but want to strengthen their skills and get a promotion, the Master Class will teach the skills needed to be an expert. Students at Coder Foundry will learn the .NET stack, HTML5, and AngularJS. Students will also be mentored by current IT professionals.

Recent Coder Foundry Reviews: Rating 4.62

all (81) reviews for Coder Foundry →

Recent Coder Foundry News

Read all (18) articles about Coder Foundry →
  • Full Stack Immersive

MySQL, C#, .NET, SQL, Mobile, CSS, iOS, Front End
    LocationGreensboro
    Coder Foundry teaches modern web development to new and experienced programmers. Once a student graduates from our program, we work to find them a new job in web development, the fastest growing profession in the country. Are you a new programmer looking to switch careers, a Computer Science grad working to build a portfolio, or a professional programmer in need of a skills upgrade? Our In Person Full-Stack Programming Courses are designed to teach you cutting edge, high-demand technologies, so you can launch your new career and adapt to an ever-changing, rapidly evolving market. You will graduate our program in 12 weeks knowing sought-after skills in all areas of web application architecture and computer science.
    CLIMB
    Meritize
    Refund / Guarantee2 Week Guarantee Refund Window
    Minimum Skill LevelNovice
  • Part Time Full Stack Development

MySQL, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, CSS, Front End, MVC
    LocationGreensboro
    This course is offered Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings from 6pm to 10pm at our Triad campus. This is a fast-paced, interactive learning experience that employs a learn-by-doing theory of education. Lectures are typically short in duration – 30 to 60 minutes – during which essential skills related to the next development project are taught. Lecture sessions are followed by coding sessions focused on solving real-world problems. Upon completion you will have completed in excess of 600 hours of coding during which you will have built multiple real-world projects, all of which will be made available for viewing by prospective employers on your personal Website.
    Refund / Guarantee2 week full refund
  • Xamarin Mobile Development One Week Workshop

MySQL, C#, .NET, SQL, Mobile, CSS, iOS, Front End
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week1 Week
    LocationGreensboro
    The demand for mobile app development in the enterprise is exploding. Corporate clients and senior management are now requiring native iOS and Android application development from their IT teams. The pressure is on for programmers like yourself to upgrade your skills. That’s why we’re launching the Xamarin Mobile Development Workshop (for Devs Only). Since 2016 Coder Foundry has been teaching Xamarin, a tool for building cross-platform native applications for iOS, Android, and beyond. Our course was a solid introduction to Xamarin, suitable for new developers. Now we’re carving out - and expanding - our mobile development training. Our new workshop is a comprehensive and advanced course for existing professionals who are already experienced in building applications using C# and the .NET suite of tools. So, if you’re Web Developer, looking to level-up your skills and build mobile applications, this training is for you.

• Ray G. • Student

I appreciate that everyone involved, is genuinely focused on every student becoming better than they were the day before. Everything is handled in such a manner to ensure that by the end of this course, we won't just think like developers or talk like one, we'll be one.

• Austin R.
    - 8/17/2015
    Austin R. • Student

I enjoy having the instructors give a small lecture. Most going for about an hour or two at max. Also it was really nice to have a group there you can always converse with and have help with problems you are stuck on.

Being straight out of my first semester of college, this is seeming to be a very masterful education method. It is, in my experience, far superior to the education system used in colleges. I definitely am more productive and successful in project based, rather than memorization and theory based, education.

• DJ Debnam • Student

I really like the help that I am able to get from the instructors. Concepts that only sort of make sense to me are explained clearly when I ask the instructors about them. I also like that even though I don't have as strong a background as some of the other students, I am noticing a significant amount of improvement, owing to the fast-paced nature of the course. The instruction is great and I have no issue getting assistance when I need it. There isn't anything I would change.

• Eric Ruff • Student

This has been very hard, exhilarating, and awesome! I wish I had done this earlier. I'm being pushed beyond what I thought was my maximum, and yet this pushing is making it all come together faster and in more depth than I ever could have done on my own. Thank you, Coder Foundry!

• Anthony DeFreitas • Graduate

It was difficult balancing the workload between my contract job and this program, but I enjoyed the "accelerated learning" model of learning C# and .NET

• Rasik Rodriguez • Graduate

I am proud of how well I mastered MVC - once I started each project, I had everything working within a week, which is a great accomplishment for me.

• Good experience
    - 4/1/2015
    Philip Weiser • Graduate

Most proud of the fact that I learned and mastered MVC.

• Antonio Raynor • Graduate

Everything went well for me. I made myself very marketable with a new understanding of MVC, and I landed a job through Coder Foundry long before the program had ended.

• Kenneth Ramsey • Graduate

Everything that was taught was very applicable. There was a lot to cover, and I think they did a good job of presenting it. I did multiple interviews for employment with different companies during my time in the program, and ultimately I landed a job, so no complaints there.

• Hugh Jones • Graduate

I attended Coder Foundry to obtain new skills, and to learn the industry in order to begin a new business. I was absolutely pleased with the course. The staff's integrity drips from it's leadership. The technology is bleeding-edge.

CF has created a focus and drive that cannot be obtained individually on your own. It has educated me on technologies that will allow me to serve a narrow, yet growing section of the IT marketplace: ASP.net, MVC, AngularJS, over hosted and cloud-based services.

We now live in the connection economy.  Traditionally safe careers are now dead ends. Coder Foundry offers you a chance to spend a quarter of a year jumpstarting your world. Most settle for unhappy, and the myth that they are secure.  CF offered me a window into a chance to live a better story.  If you are up for the challenge, this is the place to do it.

• Keith Aldridge • Graduate

After taking the Coder Foundry Master course, I have a better appreciation for technology and what goes into .Net coding. The instructors were helpful and answered our questions, the curriculum was rigorous, and overall it was a good experience for me.

• Chad C • developer • Graduate

The tutorials were very helpful. The pace was on target. the refreshers were very good for me.

• Ken R. • Developer • Student

Everything has been very applicable. Lots to learn. I have gained alot. I like the interviews the most (where we learn to pitch our tech to the business unit)

• Johnny Lee • .Net Developer • Student

I am a current student i gave the overall experience 4 out of 5 stars. i have had one job offer already before graduation. I feel good about my experience so far.

• Joe G. • Developer • Student

Coder Foundry gave me the skillset i needed to relaunch into the IT industry. I recommend the Master Class.

• Thomas Parrish • Instructor and Mentor • Graduate

As a recent college graduate with degrees in both Mathematics and Computer Science, my greatest concern was that the education I received had not prepared me for the marketplace in my immediate area. With a great deal of theory, but very little practical programming experience, I did not feel as competitive as I could be as a job seeker. Coder Foundry offered me the practical experience and intensive training in a wide variety of powerful languages, platforms and tools that I needed to help push my resume to the next level. Professor Jensen developed an exceptional curriculum,  years of teaching experience at the university level was especially appealing to me. Very few programs I looked into offered the kind of academic rigor and programming experience I desired.

The program itself was incredibly challenging. The workload was unlike anything I experienced during my education at UNCG. I spent, on average, 60 hours a week working on programming assignments and the major course projects, and I loved every minute of it. I'm pretty sure I learned more in 3 months at Coder Foundry than I did in the 4 years I was working on my bachelor's degree.

And they lived up to their word. Every single Master Class graduate was placed within the first two months.

I was thrilled when they invited me to be a part of their team. It gives me the opportunity to share what I have learned, while still maintaining active development projects.

If you are considering making a career change, I would definitely recommend a coding bootcamp. And if .Net is the platform you're interested, then Coder Foundry is the place to learn it.

• Coder Foundry
    - 11/17/2014
    Courtney Jensen • Graduate

I took the apprentice class in 2014.  i learned so much. I studied the tutorial information that Coder Foundry supplied for a month before the class started. The apprentice class does start from a more basic approach than the master class, but it still requires an understanding of basic coding concepts. I had done some coding prior to the class and this background helped greatly. The apprentice course does cover a lot, and it is an aggressive curriculum for the 12 weeks. Be prepared to put a lot of time in.  It takes a lot of time out of the classroom as well. The instructors and mentors would spend extra time with us one on one and that helped greatly. I am pursuing coding and feel like with this class I am prepared to do the Master class now and i am actively coding projects now.

• Charles Miller • developer • Graduate

I took the Master Class in July 2014 at Coder Foundry. It turned out to be a great experience for me. The job placement services and job support was excellent. As a result of the program and their job placement service,  I now have exactly the type of coding job I was hoping to get when I started. The program definitely worked out good for me.

• Chris Cain • Developer • Graduate

I am a recent Comp Sci graduate and chose Coder Foundry to obtain the .Net coding skillset.  With Coder Foundry, you get more personal attention than you'd ever get at a university. Whereas you have limited office hours available for a professor at a university (often overlapping with other classes you might be taking), you get access to an instructor and several mentors throughout an entire working day at Coder Foundry. This gives you immediate access to many different founts of knowledge, which can be important if you're stuck on a problem or even just curious about an approach. It is rigorous and a lot of work both in and out of the classroom but in the end I  was extremely satisfied with the program. At graduation Coder Foundry recruiters placed me into my current job. I will note that everyone in the Master's class was placed into coding jobs. It was a great experience for me.

• Review
    - 11/14/2014
    Ryan Randell • Graduate

The instructor Andrew was highly knowledgeable and very helpful and patient.  He was the bright spot for me in this course and he taught me a ton.

The rest of the course, however, did not hold up to that standard.  There were many things that going in we were told would happen and never did.  We were not taught how to use github nor did we do presentations regularly.  We were rushed through our final project because the class got so far behind, most just couldn't keep up, and that was not the instructors fault.  There was no system in place to maintain a schedule there were no benchmarks for progress.  Towards the end we were just given massive amounts of code to finish the project. Almost like they gave up and just wanted us to get something working. The impression going in was that finding jobs or getting interviews were going to be consistent opportunities.  That is not the case.  The field is full of highly skilled professionals and companies want experience.  That comes down to me doing a whole lot more then attending a boot camp, which is fine, now I know. I do not feel the course is worth the very high price and the marketing of it is a little misleading.  As I've learned the same information can be found for much much less.

We were the first class through so naturally there was going to be a steep learning curve and I understand that.  I know that they have since fixed many of the issues that plagued our class.  It did light a fire in me to become a developer and to continue to build on what I know.  I have so much more to learn but Coder Foundry did give me a foundation and an early lesson in what it takes to make it in this business.  My time was not wasted.