coder-foundry-logo

Coder Foundry

Charlotte, Dallas, Greensboro, New York City

Coder Foundry

Coder Foundry is a North Carolina coding bootcamp offering .NET training via a 12-week full-time immersive bootcamp and corporate training programs. The Coder Foundry bootcamp is designed and taught by industry practitioners covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript, C#, SQL and Xamarin. Graduates will have a fully functioning, enterprise-level portfolio with multi-functioning applications. The curriculum is delivered through project-based, hands-on, collaborative learning and provides students with on-site instruction, and access to speakers, mentors, events, and job support.

To apply to Coder Foundry, applicants need to complete an online assessment and a series of academic pre-work. Coder Foundry is looking for students eager to get their hands dirty by solving real-world problems, and who have the skills needed to secure entry-level jobs in the Software Development field.

Graduates leave fully qualified for software development jobs, and move onto the in-house job placement program upon graduation. Students receive mock interview training, present their projects to employers at Demo Day, and have access to a network of mentors, events, former students, and ongoing career coaching and job placement support.

Recent Coder Foundry Reviews: Rating 4.64

all (90) reviews for Coder Foundry →

Recent Coder Foundry News

Read all (18) articles about Coder Foundry →
  • Full Stack Immersive

MySQL, C#, .NET, Mobile, CSS, iOS, Front End, SQL
    LocationGreensboro
    Coder Foundry teaches modern web development to new and experienced programmers. Once a student graduates from our program, we work to find them a new job in web development, the fastest growing profession in the country. Are you a new programmer looking to switch careers, a Computer Science grad working to build a portfolio, or a professional programmer in need of a skills upgrade? Our In Person Full-Stack Programming Courses are designed to teach you cutting edge, high-demand technologies, so you can launch your new career and adapt to an ever-changing, rapidly evolving market. You will graduate our program in 12 weeks knowing sought-after skills in all areas of web application architecture and computer science.
    Climb Credit
    Meritize
    Refund / Guarantee2 Week Guarantee Refund Window
    Minimum Skill LevelNovice
  • Xamarin Mobile Development One Week Workshop

MySQL, C#, .NET, Mobile, CSS, iOS, Front End, SQL
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week1 Week
    LocationGreensboro
    The demand for mobile app development in the enterprise is exploding. Corporate clients and senior management are now requiring native iOS and Android application development from their IT teams. The pressure is on for programmers like yourself to upgrade your skills. That’s why we’re launching the Xamarin Mobile Development Workshop (for Devs Only). Since 2016 Coder Foundry has been teaching Xamarin, a tool for building cross-platform native applications for iOS, Android, and beyond. Our course was a solid introduction to Xamarin, suitable for new developers. Now we’re carving out - and expanding - our mobile development training. Our new workshop is a comprehensive and advanced course for existing professionals who are already experienced in building applications using C# and the .NET suite of tools. So, if you’re Web Developer, looking to level-up your skills and build mobile applications, this training is for you.
  • Meghan Combs  User Photo
    Meghan Combs • Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

In general Coder Foundry is pretty wonderful, however in my review I do want to mention things I'd like to see improved.

What I loved:

- Because of the depth Coder Foundry's teachers went into when it came to developing, I'm very comofortable with C# and Object Oriented Programming concepts. I can now gab about them with ease in an interview

- The passion of the teachers at CF and staff at the adjoining company, Core Techs, is commendable. I always felt valued and listened to as a student, and the teaching methods were stellar (Jason and Antonio ROCK!)

- Having a visible portfolio with well thought out projects really helped me show off my skills as a back-end developer and a creative person (my background was in art history). I know it helped me land the position I have now at a great start up in Raleigh.

Needs improving:

- Unfortunately I was part of a cohort whose education stopped mid-way through the course. CF was forced to close for a few months due to funding issues, however they did re-open in February. I elected to return to CF, but had to restart at the beginning of the course. This was actually beneficial because I could perfect and solidify what I had learned. Where improvement was needed was at the end of this new curriculum, which became hodge podge. I had to start and restart projects because the focus of the instructor would change. I would've liked a continued consistency in my learning experience.

- I wish they would've gone into more depth with important information developers need to know, like HTTP, how the web works, SQL and data manipulation, and languages like Angular and AJAX, which are consistently asked for by employers.

- I wish they would've added a team project. Several companies have asked me about working in a team of developers, which I unfortunately do not have, as our projects were always individual. Maybe the Bug Tracker could be a full team effort in the future?

If you're considering a coding bootcamp, just make sure to do your research on what companies are looking for. Coder Foundry is a great way to learn .NET, C#, and other Microsoft technologies, but is the company you want to work for hiring for that? That being said, Coder Foundry does teach you how to THINK like a programmer, so even if the languages they teach aren't spot on, you'll be able to learn what you need on your own after learning the basic concepts of programming. Overall, I would recommend Coder Foundry. It is a good company with great people. It can definitely get you where you need to be if you're changing careers.

• Life Changing!
    - 5/4/2018
    Reid Thompson  User Photo
    Reid Thompson • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I drove 1.5 hours every morning and again every night to attend. This was easily worth every penny for the tuition and my gas. Never before have I looked forward to Mondays.

Programming is not for everyone, but anyone can do it. This course was 12 weeks of constant information, constant programming, constant breaking things, and constant fixing things. Yes, the work day was 8 hours long (9-5), but to get the most out of it, myself and most others continued working afterwards and on the weekend, but any job in this field is going to be like that. It's a field with constant growth and updates, and as developers you have to be leading the charge if you want to stay relevant, and this course helps with that.

In addition to actually teaching the languages, Antonio (our instructor), taught us how to ask the right questions. You're never going to learn everything about every programming language. There's too many, and they're all too robust and vast, what's more important, and what Antonio made sure to point out on the first day, is having good resources and knowing what the right question to ask is.

The curriculum was fast paced, but it was carried out in such a logical way that everything built on the things we did before. The first project was just getting us familiar with the Visual Studio IDE while having us begin our online presence. The second project introduced the meat and potatoes of what we were doing. The third and fourth projects were garnishes and fine dining presentation (to continue the metaphor). That's not to say the second project was the hardest. I'd say the third one was, but that's because we were cut loose. We had been given the tools, the rest was up to us. If we had questions, Antonio was available during class time and after hours as well, but the better option would be to ask our peers or start building and using our pool of resources.To Antonio's credit, if you asked him a question, you were not immediately given an answer. You were guided to the answer. How else are you going to learn something?

Lastly, the job assistance is real. Throughoiut the course we had mock interviews to prepare us on how to showcase our apps. Additionally, we were taught the basics we needed to be able to handle any of the interview questions. Class vs Interface? I got you bro. Abstract vs Concrete class? Got you there, too. Need me to reverse a string or write a fizzbuzz method? Yep, I can do that. Overloads and Overrides? Let me give you examples of both.

All of these questions are common interview questons or whiteboarding problems. All of which we could do (assuming you paid attention, but then... why wouldn't you?)

Further, we were sat down in front of employers as early as week 8. The job placement wasn't even really supposed to start until after graduation, but the hype was so real for Coder Foundry thanks to Natosha that we had opportunities for jobs very early.

I might sound like a fanboy, but this school helped turn my life around. I was a bartender before coming here. No coding background what-so-ever. Now I'm a software developer. It really is incredible.

• Jacob Bullin • Graduate
    In lieu of my previous review of Coder Foundry (CF), I would like to say that I gained a lot from their program. I previously said they told me a degree is not required; I would still urge you to go get one. CF’s program is good but focuses on more advanced topics within web development rather than spend a lot of time on the fundamentals. Also, a lot of companies are looking for a degree. I’m not saying it isn’t possible to land a job without one, but if you want to make the big bucks, you’re going to need it. The degree will give you the fundamentals, the full understanding, and better qualifications in the job market.

The best thing you can have when looking for a job is a broad level of experience in the field. CF can help you broaden that knowledge by giving you a rapid ‘deep’ dive into web development. My degree is in software development and I have also had experience in mobile development with Java, Swift, and Xamarin. CF also gives you experience, almost 700 hours of experience, which alongside a degree, looks great.

I gained a lot from my time at CF, though it took me a while to see it. During my capstone project in my degree, I was tasked with a web-based order system. A lot of what I learned at CF came in handy for that project. I was able to lead my team and develop one of the best capstone projects they had ever seen. Without my knowledge gained from CF, I don’t know what I would have done.

While I do not necessarily agree with all their methods and practices, they did help expand my knowledge and experience. I still highly recommend you get a degree. I can also recommend CF as a great ‘continuing education’ program to help you further your knowledge.

I hope that this helps in your considerations of this boot camp.
  • Ira • Web Developer & QA Engineer • Student

I started already having some coding knowledge but got a lot better at actually using it to create great Web UIs.  I really feel like this will open more doors for me.

• Amazing Instructor
    - 12/19/2019
    Matthew Park • Student

Coder Foundry has an amazing process and an amazing staff. The instructor is definitely my favorite teacher of all time. He knows his stuff and he knows how to explain it thoroughly.

Expect to work even when class is over. If you do, you'll learn a lot more.

They do a lot for job placement which is amazing.

• Brandon • Student

I started my boot camp on September 30th of 2019 and overall have been thoroughly impressed. The entire staff I have worked with are nice and professional. The main instructor Jason, is extremely knowledgeable on the subject material and always goes above and beyond to explain things students may not be understanding. The director of education Antonio was a fantastic source of extra help to me and other students during our time here. The TA in the class at the time Greg pretty much worked non-stop helping students with individual problems they may be having on their projects. I really appreciated all of my teachers. The course is definitely hard work and while I did not pass I still feel I have enough tools to continue on and pursue my career in development.

• Awesome!
    - 12/19/2019
    Justin Fisher • Student

Some of the best instructors I've ever had the pleasure of learning from! Very fast paced but very well taught! Thank you Jason!

- 9/27/2019
    William • Student

I want to say thank you, especially to the teacher, Jason. For not only his excellent knowledge of coding, but his ability to teach it to others. He is a very patient man, and an understanding mentor. My only con I could give of this course, if the amount of time is limited to 3 months. 3 months simply is not enough to learn everything he has to offer. If I could, I'd take the class again, but with a better mind because of him.

And the recruiter  Natosha is excellent. The ace in the hole for landing jobs.

- 9/26/2019
    Hunter • Student

After 12 weeks of going at it, this program is over. It's been a really good run and I'm sure there's still better things coming. The curriculum moved a little behind the original schedule, so we didn't cover Xamarin much (although we did look at it the last couple of days), but I suspect that was mostly because of the abnormally large size of my class. I've heard that the next class will be divided into two so that students can recieve more one-on-one help when needed. That said, the staff here are excellent people and help was always there when I asked for it. We're now in the job hunt, and I'd say it's going really well from my perspective.

• Great Decision
    - 9/18/2019
    Drew • Jr Web Dev • Graduate

I ultimately ended up signing on for the 3-month full stack course because I liked the idea of a project-based learning experience, and because I liked the dedicated staffing resources. No regrets. All the staff are super friendly. The educators all have a slightly different style of teaching (all quite good), but adhere to the same loose curriculum- I found the different angles of approach to the same problems to be very interesting and informative. Having done the project-based learning scheme, I can't imagine another way that would be as effective at teaching such a large quantity of information while simultaneously prepping for job interviews. There are weekly project reviews/mock interviews to ensure that, not only is your project proceeding as necessary, but that you're comfortable talking in a professional environment about all the technical decisions you've made.  From day one the staff let you know that the end goal is a new job as a software dev, and you can tell that everything in the curriculum is crafted with that end in mind.

So, should you attend Coder Foundry? I can't speak to everyone's situation- it is obviously a large monetary and time commitment. But it certainly worked out well for me, and I'd strongly recommend you consider it.

• Landon Wyant • .Net Software Developer • Graduate

Out of my cohort, 2 people received a job offer and accepted them during class and as of this writing (and completion of the course), 2 more have received and accepted offers, myself included.

The course is broken down into 6 total projects, each varying amounts of time (1-4 weeks depending on project). The course builds on what you have already learned in class and continues from there. I recommend truly learning what is taught, not just trying to memorize it. Not only does it continue to show up in class, but it is vital in a job interview to be able to discuss in both technical and liamens terms what you have done during your projects and how it was accomplished. I enjoyed how the course was layed out. Very thoughtout in the building steps.

This course is tough and requires work to be completed after class on weekdays and many times on weekends as well. The instuctor often offered additional assistance during this time. As long as we had the drive to succeed and would put in the effort, the instructor setup times to provide one-on-one assistance.

After graduating from the course, I was then assisted by another person during the job placement time frame. As is told to you by Coder, within 90 days is the goal. I communicated with this person numerous times a week discussing current opportunities and potential ones. Once an offer was made, it was even more than I had initially asked for.

For those that believe they are capable of more and want to earn good money for their family, their hobbies, etc., I would recommend going to Coder Foundry. With the quality of the instructor, you will learn a lot. Also, with the placement opportunities both in class and out of class (and even farther into the future if you are a graduate) that Coder assist with, it will be that much easier to get a job.