coder-foundry-logo

Coder Foundry

Charlotte, Dallas, Greensboro, New York City

Coder Foundry

Coder Foundry is a North Carolina coding bootcamp offering .NET training via a 12-week full-time immersive bootcamp and corporate training programs. The Coder Foundry bootcamp is designed and taught by industry practitioners covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript, C#, SQL and Xamarin. Graduates will have a fully functioning, enterprise-level portfolio with multi-functioning applications. The curriculum is delivered through project-based, hands-on, collaborative learning and provides students with on-site instruction, and access to speakers, mentors, events, and job support.

To apply to Coder Foundry, applicants need to complete an online assessment and a series of academic pre-work. Coder Foundry is looking for students eager to get their hands dirty by solving real-world problems, and who have the skills needed to secure entry-level jobs in the Software Development field.

Graduates leave fully qualified for software development jobs, and move onto the in-house job placement program upon graduation. Students receive mock interview training, present their projects to employers at Demo Day, and have access to a network of mentors, events, former students, and ongoing career coaching and job placement support.

Recent Coder Foundry Reviews: Rating 4.65

all (88) reviews for Coder Foundry →

Recent Coder Foundry News

Read all (18) articles about Coder Foundry →
  • Full Stack Immersive

MySQL, C#, .NET, SQL, Mobile, CSS, iOS, Front End
    LocationGreensboro
    Coder Foundry teaches modern web development to new and experienced programmers. Once a student graduates from our program, we work to find them a new job in web development, the fastest growing profession in the country. Are you a new programmer looking to switch careers, a Computer Science grad working to build a portfolio, or a professional programmer in need of a skills upgrade? Our In Person Full-Stack Programming Courses are designed to teach you cutting edge, high-demand technologies, so you can launch your new career and adapt to an ever-changing, rapidly evolving market. You will graduate our program in 12 weeks knowing sought-after skills in all areas of web application architecture and computer science.
    Climb Credit
    Meritize
    Refund / Guarantee2 Week Guarantee Refund Window
    Minimum Skill LevelNovice
  • Xamarin Mobile Development One Week Workshop

MySQL, C#, .NET, SQL, Mobile, CSS, iOS, Front End
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week1 Week
    LocationGreensboro
    The demand for mobile app development in the enterprise is exploding. Corporate clients and senior management are now requiring native iOS and Android application development from their IT teams. The pressure is on for programmers like yourself to upgrade your skills. That’s why we’re launching the Xamarin Mobile Development Workshop (for Devs Only). Since 2016 Coder Foundry has been teaching Xamarin, a tool for building cross-platform native applications for iOS, Android, and beyond. Our course was a solid introduction to Xamarin, suitable for new developers. Now we’re carving out - and expanding - our mobile development training. Our new workshop is a comprehensive and advanced course for existing professionals who are already experienced in building applications using C# and the .NET suite of tools. So, if you’re Web Developer, looking to level-up your skills and build mobile applications, this training is for you.

• Steve Begin • Software Developer • Student

I went into Coder Foundry wanting to get a bigger end-to-end picture of full-stack web development utilizing MVC (Microsoft's preferred design pattern), and they definitely delivered. In a relatively short 18 weeks I was able to touch on a much wider array than I expected, and the skills and experience gained were enough to give me confidence in obtaining three job offers within a week of graduation, and a fourth which was not available for a few months that they lined up for me and I'm now enjoying as it turns out it was the perfect and much-more-suitable job than what I found. The instructors do not leave any question unanswered, and are willing to help even outside of "business hours". Prior students and current students collaborate during - and even after, e.g. TODAY I had five (co-owner included) huddle around on Slack messaging to help me tackle a little-more sophisticated coding question I had at my current job ... what a blessing, and even my employer was impressed by them!

• Michelle • Consultant • Graduate

My experience at Coder Foundry was very helpful. I was able to learn new skills and refresh old knowledge in computer programming. My instructors were very helpful and never made me feel any question was silly. The experience we had with practice interviews was very helpful. I would recommend Coder Foundry to anyone interested in starting or getting back to the computer field.

• Brick by brick
    - 7/25/2017
    K.L. Chia • Graduate

I like that the project assignments were real-world situations and each project was build upon the prior projects to solidify the learning. Concurrently, we were made to find the solutions through our own devices more and more with less and less spoon-feeding from the instructors. I learnt a lot in a short time under this regimen.

I did not consider their job placement services as very important to me when I came in. I was going to take charge of my own placement. But looking back now, I am very appreciative of it. Towards the end of the course when I should have started my own job search, well, I was swamped with trying to complete assignments and my portfolio. All the interviews I've gotten thus far have been through Coder Foundry's contacts. 1/3 of my class had job offers before we graduated, and another 1/3 had job offers the first week after graduation. I'm thankful they were working to place me when I was too busy to do it myself.

• Hands on
    - 3/7/2017
    Matt Downing • Web Developer • Graduate

I enjoyed the hands on project work. The projects are fun and usable.

• Michelle L • Graduate

I was able to learn and the comfortable environment in the classroom where no question was unanswered

• Very prepared
    - 1/3/2017
    John mannio • Graduate

The projects prepare you for going into the job market. I flet very prepared for my job with the training I recieved.

• Victor L. • Graduate

I enjoyed the hands on training. I had a very positive experience.

Slightly unorganized in curriculum at times. At the onset very directed but lost direction in the fourth project probably intentionally in some respect, but still needed a more pointed experience. Media issues were distracting at times setting up streaming and so forth.

• Practical
    - 1/3/2017
    Fouad • Graduate

Very cool school. It focuses on the practical part which is all it takes to be a successful coder.

• Enoc Ananda Pardue • Graduate

Bobby and Antonio were great presenters and instructors for this one day immersion into Microsoft Xamarin tool for cross-platform mobile application development.

This was my first time in the Coder Foundry facilities and I was totally impressed. I can see how comfortable it would be to attend one of their longer Full-stack development courses. I left feeling confident that any training time spent with the Coder Foundry team and at the their facilities would be time and money well spent.

As an added bonus, the Coder Foundry team conveys a passion for software development that is infectious and encouraging. They appear to take genuine joy from helping you to reach your full potential by helping you learn the skills that will grow your career and your success as a software developer.

I look forward to the next DevDays or similar event that Coder Foundry decides to host.

• Xamarin Dev Days
    - 11/7/2016
    Tony Baranski

This was a great course for a one day event.  Antonio did a great job with the Xamarain Forms portion of the presentation.  I liked the format of leaving a good amount of time for completing the lab.  There were also plenty of assistants available to answer questions during the lab.  Everyone on Code Foundry staff was nice and knowledgeable.  I would have no hesitation about doing another course here.

• Changed My Life
    - 11/2/2016
    Shane Overby • Software/Web Developer • Graduate

I attended the Masters Course at Coder Foundry (Kernersville, NC) in 2015, from July to September. Before attending I had very little knowledge of and experience with the technologies taught in the course and practically no knowledge or skill in web development. Coder Foundry's teaching methodology, along with great instructors, is what makes this program work. The intensity of the course, being designed to mimic a real-world software development work place, coupled with the fact that the student is having to learn and absorb the material as they are "working", makes this course work. The hands-on approach at Coder Foundry proves to be the best way to forge developers from people that have only a basic understanding of what programming, in general, is.

Along with learning the most relevant web development technologies in the marketplace, Coder Foundry offers their job placement services to students upon, and sometimes before, completion of the course. This service is invaluable to under-experienced developers coming out of the course. Throughout the course, every Monday, each student has to attend a mock interview session where they present their current projects, explain their code and answer technical development and web technologies questions. The preparation that each student receives to assist them in landing a job after the course is amazing. I had three interviews within four weeks after completing the Masters Course. Even for that first real interview, I felt calm and in control, using the training and techniques taught by the Coder Foundry team. I landed my first development job only twenty-seven days after graduating from Coder Foundry.

With my first job, I increased my salary by 95.3%. Obviously, the ROI from Coder Foundry is not an issue. There is enough demand in the marketplace for developers with the skills taught at Coder Foundry that finding a job after the course should be the least of a student's worries.

The course is not easy. I don't want to make it sound like it is. It demands a lot of time, in the classroom and outside of it, but if a student puts in the time, uses the resources available to them, asks a lot of questions and has a passion for coding, they can begin a successful career in software/web development with the help of Coder Foundry.

I am a more fulfilled individual in my new career. I enjoy the culture and attitude of the development community and with my new schedule and salary am able to spend more time with my family, enjoying the things we like to do.

• Met Expectations
    - 10/27/2016
    Tim • Graduate

As for curriculum, I think it was fine. The first 10 weeks definitely build upon each other in a logical order. By the time you reach the Financial App yo should have a pretty solid foundation.

I was not a fan of the Angular JS segment at the very end. At that point I was burned out and it was a bit much to absorb.

The good new is that I understand the basics and see that it was modeled after MVC. I am sure I can figure it out. I do appreciate the opportunity and experience overall. The 12 week accelerated did meet my expectations.

• Benton • Graduate

Coder Foundry's curriculum covers full stack web development, staying current with new technologies. Instruction is well led at the with Antonio and Mark both extremely helpful to students with their learning. I was lined up for two interviews before the course ended but havent landed a job yet, so cant speak fully to the placement services but Coder Foundry does seem to be doing what they can to help me get a job as a developer.

• 5 out of 5
    - 10/6/2016
    Jesse • Web Developer • Graduate

After my 12 weeks at Coder Foundry, I feel that their curriculum and instruction deserve ratings of 5 out of 5. Everything was superb and put into a format that was easy to understand and well taught.

By coming into this with a job already, I did not experience their job placement services, and therefore can not fairly rate this aspect.

• Donny Walton • Software Programmer and Web Developer • Graduate

It was a great experience for me from start to finish. The instruction was great, the job placement services went above and beyond anything I could have hoped for, and the curriculum did a fantastic job illustrating the concepts of MVC and .NET.

• It worked.
    - 8/23/2016
    Anthony • Developer • Graduate

Overall very satisfied. The focus on .Net was the right choice for me. The demand is there.  Ultimately the projects I built landed me a job as in the industry as a developer. I finished the curriculum and Natosha lined me up with interviews. I am working as a .Net developer now in financial services. Basically, you build a series of projects and then use that portfolio to interview/leverage your knowledge for jobs as a developer.

• Jim • Web Developer • Graduate

Ria and Antonio know their (coding) stuff and the other students that I got to know.
    The Kernersville facility works well (not sure how it is now that 2 classes are in session).

I would have liked more/better suggestions for "pre-work" to be better prepared for the huge amount of information that a new student is expected to "digest".

• Abigail • Student

Ria was an excellent instructor. She maintained a consistent balance between letting us work through our own frustrations and stepping in to direct us towards solutions. Her patience was unending. The weekly interview presentations were also very helpful, as well as the strict deadline structure.

My expectations coming in to the course were different than what was actually here - mostly in the amount of preparation required. I expected to get more instruction on basics of development, Javascript, etc. The website and my contacts before coming assured me that I would be fine without prior experience, but once here I found that I was expected to already have strong foundations in front-end and object-oriented languages. It seems that the new longer program will address that.

• Daniel Kinai • Student

I learnt a great deal, have made awesome friends, and I know I will be successful at my next job. New students should be made aware that they will need to prepare for at least a month if they a new to coding! Thanks.

• Focus!
    - 4/8/2016
    Corbin Steele • Student

There was an excellent focus on practicality in everything that was taught.

• Camaraderie
    - 4/7/2016
    Jamie McConnell • Student

Loved the people - students, instructors, and staff. The camaraderie, the common goals and the attainment (100%) of those goals.

• Powers Wartman • Student

I love the teaching model and support throughout the class. Small classes are crucial to ensuring this.