coder-foundry-logo

Coder Foundry

Charlotte, Dallas, Greensboro, New York City

Coder Foundry

Coder Foundry is a training program that teaches three-month courses to a variety of skill levels and assists with finding students their dream jobs. For students who already know how to program but want to strengthen their skills and get a promotion, the Master Class will teach the skills needed to be an expert. Students at Coder Foundry will learn the .NET stack, HTML5, and AngularJS. Students will also be mentored by current IT professionals.

Recent Coder Foundry Reviews: Rating 4.59

all (75) reviews for Coder Foundry →

Recent Coder Foundry News

Read all (18) articles about Coder Foundry →
  • Full Stack Immersive

MySQL, C#, .NET, SQL, Mobile, CSS, iOS, Front End
    September 30, 2019
    Greensboro
    Coder Foundry teaches modern web development to new and experienced programmers. Once a student graduates from our program, we work to find them a new job in web development, the fastest growing profession in the country. Are you a new programmer looking to switch careers, a Computer Science grad working to build a portfolio, or a professional programmer in need of a skills upgrade? Our In Person Full-Stack Programming Courses are designed to teach you cutting edge, high-demand technologies, so you can launch your new career and adapt to an ever-changing, rapidly evolving market. You will graduate our program in 12 weeks knowing sought-after skills in all areas of web application architecture and computer science.
    CLIMBMeritize
    Refund / Guarantee
    2 Week Guarantee Refund Window
    Novice
    September 30, 2019 - GreensboroApply by September 20, 2019
  • Part Time Full Stack Development

MySQL, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, CSS, Front End, MVC
    Greensboro
    This course is offered Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings from 6pm to 10pm at our Triad campus. This is a fast-paced, interactive learning experience that employs a learn-by-doing theory of education. Lectures are typically short in duration – 30 to 60 minutes – during which essential skills related to the next development project are taught. Lecture sessions are followed by coding sessions focused on solving real-world problems. Upon completion you will have completed in excess of 600 hours of coding during which you will have built multiple real-world projects, all of which will be made available for viewing by prospective employers on your personal Website.
    Refund / Guarantee
    2 week full refund
  • Xamarin Mobile Development One Week Workshop

MySQL, C#, .NET, SQL, Mobile, CSS, iOS, Front End
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week1 Week
    Greensboro
    The demand for mobile app development in the enterprise is exploding. Corporate clients and senior management are now requiring native iOS and Android application development from their IT teams. The pressure is on for programmers like yourself to upgrade your skills. That’s why we’re launching the Xamarin Mobile Development Workshop (for Devs Only). Since 2016 Coder Foundry has been teaching Xamarin, a tool for building cross-platform native applications for iOS, Android, and beyond. Our course was a solid introduction to Xamarin, suitable for new developers. Now we’re carving out - and expanding - our mobile development training. Our new workshop is a comprehensive and advanced course for existing professionals who are already experienced in building applications using C# and the .NET suite of tools. So, if you’re Web Developer, looking to level-up your skills and build mobile applications, this training is for you.

• Met Expectations
    - 10/27/2016
    Tim • Graduate

As for curriculum, I think it was fine. The first 10 weeks definitely build upon each other in a logical order. By the time you reach the Financial App yo should have a pretty solid foundation.

I was not a fan of the Angular JS segment at the very end. At that point I was burned out and it was a bit much to absorb.

The good new is that I understand the basics and see that it was modeled after MVC. I am sure I can figure it out. I do appreciate the opportunity and experience overall. The 12 week accelerated did meet my expectations.

• Benton • Graduate

Coder Foundry's curriculum covers full stack web development, staying current with new technologies. Instruction is well led at the with Antonio and Mark both extremely helpful to students with their learning. I was lined up for two interviews before the course ended but havent landed a job yet, so cant speak fully to the placement services but Coder Foundry does seem to be doing what they can to help me get a job as a developer.

• 5 out of 5
    - 10/6/2016
    Jesse • Web Developer • Graduate

After my 12 weeks at Coder Foundry, I feel that their curriculum and instruction deserve ratings of 5 out of 5. Everything was superb and put into a format that was easy to understand and well taught.

By coming into this with a job already, I did not experience their job placement services, and therefore can not fairly rate this aspect.

• Donny Walton • Software Programmer and Web Developer • Graduate

It was a great experience for me from start to finish. The instruction was great, the job placement services went above and beyond anything I could have hoped for, and the curriculum did a fantastic job illustrating the concepts of MVC and .NET.

• It worked.
    - 8/23/2016
    Anthony • Developer • Graduate

Overall very satisfied. The focus on .Net was the right choice for me. The demand is there.  Ultimately the projects I built landed me a job as in the industry as a developer. I finished the curriculum and Natosha lined me up with interviews. I am working as a .Net developer now in financial services. Basically, you build a series of projects and then use that portfolio to interview/leverage your knowledge for jobs as a developer.

• Jim • Web Developer • Graduate

Ria and Antonio know their (coding) stuff and the other students that I got to know.
    The Kernersville facility works well (not sure how it is now that 2 classes are in session).

I would have liked more/better suggestions for "pre-work" to be better prepared for the huge amount of information that a new student is expected to "digest".

• Abigail • Student

Ria was an excellent instructor. She maintained a consistent balance between letting us work through our own frustrations and stepping in to direct us towards solutions. Her patience was unending. The weekly interview presentations were also very helpful, as well as the strict deadline structure.

My expectations coming in to the course were different than what was actually here - mostly in the amount of preparation required. I expected to get more instruction on basics of development, Javascript, etc. The website and my contacts before coming assured me that I would be fine without prior experience, but once here I found that I was expected to already have strong foundations in front-end and object-oriented languages. It seems that the new longer program will address that.

• Daniel Kinai • Student

I learnt a great deal, have made awesome friends, and I know I will be successful at my next job. New students should be made aware that they will need to prepare for at least a month if they a new to coding! Thanks.

• Focus!
    - 4/8/2016
    Corbin Steele • Student

There was an excellent focus on practicality in everything that was taught.

• Camaraderie
    - 4/7/2016
    Jamie McConnell • Student

Loved the people - students, instructors, and staff. The camaraderie, the common goals and the attainment (100%) of those goals.

• Powers Wartman • Student

I love the teaching model and support throughout the class. Small classes are crucial to ensuring this.

• Elliot E. • Student

The instructors are fantastic and are excellent communicators; they know how to engage their students and attend to their needs.

• Pritesh P. • Student

I like that we are learning things that are practical and useful in the field. I like that you guys help us find a job after. This was the deciding factor for me to come here opposed to other boot camps.

• Hema M. • Student

Monday interviews are a great exposure for preparing for the actual interviews. It helps me know the areas where I have space for improvement.

• Edward Waked • Software Development Programmer • Graduate

I went to Coder Foundry with very little experience in Coding and I took their part time night class. I was a plant biology major at NC State and I had taken a intro to Java course there but thats where my experience stopped. I left college and joined my dad as a Financial Service Rep for a multi-billion dollar firm but wanted to change careers to something I was more passionate about, computers. There was a large range of fields I could study but I ultimately chose software programming and after even more research I had it narrowed down to 2 schools. One in New York that was super expensive and had mixed reviews or this fairly new local school I couldnt find too much information on (Coder Foundry). I went with the local less expensive route and I think it has paid off ten fold and I would never change my decision to go there. What I got was a real hands on approach to learning HOW to program. Their program gave me the confidence to step into a real world job and say I can handle whatever they throw at me. That is crucial because your teachers wont be there holding your hand at your new job. The thing is the confidence from the continuous trial and error you build at Coder allows you to handle yourself professionally right out of the gate. I was overwhelmed for the first few months and I worked incredibly hard to get where I am. This is something you have to do 110% or else you dont succeed. But I am proud to say I have a great job as a software development programmer at a small start-up in my town and I couldnt be happier. Thanks to every one at Coder Foundry for helping me get here (classmates included)!!!

FYI - as of writing this I know they no longer offer the night class, in case you are wondering if you can do the day class (which is much faster paced) just contact them. They will give you a mini coding test and it should help detemine if you would be able to keep up with the class. 09-10-2015

• Don Y. • Student

The technologies are taught in a sequence that allows us to integrate them together as we build on them - HTML, CSS, JavaScript, MVC, Razor, Entity Framework. The coaching from my instructors is always insightful and patient. The hands-on approach is absolutely the best way to go. I am very grateful for this excellent program.

• Ray G. • Student

I appreciate that everyone involved, is genuinely focused on every student becoming better than they were the day before. Everything is handled in such a manner to ensure that by the end of this course, we won't just think like developers or talk like one, we'll be one.

• Austin R.
    - 8/17/2015
    Austin R. • Student

I enjoy having the instructors give a small lecture. Most going for about an hour or two at max. Also it was really nice to have a group there you can always converse with and have help with problems you are stuck on.

Being straight out of my first semester of college, this is seeming to be a very masterful education method. It is, in my experience, far superior to the education system used in colleges. I definitely am more productive and successful in project based, rather than memorization and theory based, education.

• DJ Debnam • Student

I really like the help that I am able to get from the instructors. Concepts that only sort of make sense to me are explained clearly when I ask the instructors about them. I also like that even though I don't have as strong a background as some of the other students, I am noticing a significant amount of improvement, owing to the fast-paced nature of the course. The instruction is great and I have no issue getting assistance when I need it. There isn't anything I would change.

• Eric Ruff • Student

This has been very hard, exhilarating, and awesome! I wish I had done this earlier. I'm being pushed beyond what I thought was my maximum, and yet this pushing is making it all come together faster and in more depth than I ever could have done on my own. Thank you, Coder Foundry!