coder-camps-logo

Houston, Online, Phoenix, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington

Coder Camps

Coder Camps offers 12-week coding bootcamps in Seattle, Washington, Phoenix, Arizona and online. Full and part-time students have the opportunity to choose between full-stack options like .NET, Java, JavaScript and C#. Unlike other schools that teach a single technology stack, Coder Camps covers a variety of technologies in a modular curriculum that prepares you for actual careers. All programs utilize Agile software development techniques and provide experience working in team roles, the application life cycle, and with mobile & cloud applications. Students will master these skills with the help of experienced instructors guiding them through hands-on, real-world projects, and daily individual and paired programming exercises. To apply, prospective students can fill out a short online form and start a series of interviews.

Coder Camps also provides career services where at the completion of the course, graduates are introduced to leaders in technology to facilitate entry into a new career path in tech. Coder Camps graduates also receive lifetime access to continuing education courses at no additional cost.

Recent Coder Camps Reviews: Rating 3.84

all (64) reviews for Coder Camps →

Recent Coder Camps News

Read all (12) articles about Coder Camps →
  • Full Stack Web Development

AngularJS, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, Rails, Java, Ruby
    LocationPhoenix, Online, Seattle
    The Full-Stack Web Development program prepares graduates to excel as Full-Stack Web Developers. These sought-after, entry-level professionals make important contributions across all areas of web application architecture. They possess the broad knowledge of computer science principals and modern tools and have fundamental knowledge of available frameworks. They can work independently or as part of a software team.
    ScholarshipHero Scholarship, Women in Technology Scholarship
  • Christian Wunder • Mentor/FSW Developer • Graduate

I was driving Uber full-time in between sales positions and was looking for a change of career in something that I actually had an interest in. I heard about Coder Camps through one of my rides who happened to work there. After looking around at some of the other options and speaking with my admissions rep at coder camps, I realized going back to community college would have cost more and took much longer just to come out with a similar skill set. I chose to attend in person at the scottsdale location and I have to say it was not easy, it is called a bootcamp for a reason. My class and I spent 10-12 hours a day learning and building apps for 12 weeks. The first 6 weeks are instruction and the second 6 weeks are for a group project that you get to pick the topic of. I must say that the group project was crazy valuable, you need to work as a team, coordinate with each other, avoid and resolve code conflicts, etc. It really shows you how complicated a project can become without proper planning. We were able to have an amazing project that we were really proud of and the biggest reason that happened is that we worked together as a unit and made decisions as a team. I loved this course(I did .NET), and being a coder for life means I can take all the additonal courses in the future for free so there is endless value. I highly reccomend you check it out.

• Raquel • Current • Student
    As a online student it is an excellent coding education course. Its not just within the reach of those who live in major cities. It has become easier for people from all backgrounds to learn the skills they need to switch careers. Coding isn't easy to learn but that's exactly why it's so valuable. It requires practice and patience. Online offers a variety of training programs subject such as Full Stack. Net Web Development iOs Development, Front-end Web and more. Great supportive team that helps and is available all the time. What a great experience I'm having in learning how to code from Coder Camps.
  • Coder Camps
    - 6/1/2017
    Raquel Leonberger • Current • Student
    Active student on online. Coding isn’t particularly easy to learn but that’s exactly why it’s so valuable. The courses on line are fun. There is always a mentored available to guide you if needed. There is interaction with other classmates you're not alone. It's fun to learn and we help each other. A great learning structure personal I feel it has a style of teaching of a hybrid / blend. That's good. It has demos, videos and class lectures. One on one with a mentor. Practice hands on exercise from lessons and so on. It requires you to have self discipline for example of doing 4/5 lessons each day for 5 days will get you on track even. If you struggle there is always help support available. Staff Christine (C.P.) She is amazing motivational and inspirational speaker. Gives great support and checks in with you to see how are you doing makes sure things work out well. Christian W. (mentor) He is wonderful and determine to make sure he get you on the right track. Very good at explaining concepts when not understood. Strongly committed on helping others become fuller versions of who they are. Isaac G. (instructor) He is wonderful goes above and beyond to ensure each student in his class is knowledgeable in being successful. Very detail oriented and gives good visual instructions to follow. Good for beginners. Believes that each one has something special that can be built upon and puts his best efforts to teach us. Nick S. (instructor) He is wonderful gives solid understanding in his lessons. Engaging and holds the attention of students in all discussions. With a caring attitude he encourage everyone to always work at their best level. Passionate in his work and ensure we retain what we learn.
  • Raquel L. • Current • Student

Student

Currently enrolled at Coder Camps. I  enjoy being a student here. I have no experience and I am starting from scratch. I have found the courses to be great introduction and it has motivated me to keep learning.

Coder Camps

Great customer service and support. Very friendly and welcoming staff. It's the best school to learn how to code.

Online courses there is always a mentored available to guide you if needed. There is interaction with other classmatesyou're not alone. It's fun to learn and help each other. Has a great learning structure personal I feel it's more of a hybrid / blend style.  It has demos,videos and class lectures. One on one with a mentors, practice hands on lessons and so on. It requires you to have self discipline for example of doing 4/5 lessons each day for 5 days gets you on track even if your not. There is always help support available.

Staff

• Christine (C.P.) She is amazing motivational and inspirational speaker. Gives great support and checks in with you to see how are you doing makes sure things work out well.

• Christian W. (mentor) He is wonderful and determine to make sure he get you on the right track. Very good at explaining concepts when not understood. Strongly committed on helping others become fuller versions of who they are.

• Isaac G. (instructor) He is wonderful goes above and beyond to ensure each student in his class is knowledgeable in being successful. Very detail oriented and gives good visual instructions to follow.  Good for beginners. Believes that each one has something special that can be built upon and puts his best efforts to teach us.

• Nick S. (instructor) He is wonderful gives solid understanding in his lessons. Engaging and holds the attention of students in all discussions. With a caring attitude he encourage everyone to always work at their best level. Passionate in his work and ensure we retain what we learn.
  • eitan schreiber • Student

i really enjoyed the whole experience i thought the curriculum was well designed and the video lectures they put out were very thurough and well explained and i also liked that if you ever get stuck you can schedule a meeting with your instructor on your time whenever you want and another plus is that after you finish the course you can come back as an allumni and learn whatever you want free of charge

• Kayla Crutch • General Manager • Student

I DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN!

My experience with Coder Camps so far has been amazing! My admission rep Billy, the Live Help Specialists Cassandra, Andrew, and Stephen, and one of the Managers, Jamie have all been so phenominal. They constantly made sure I was understanding the material, assisting when necessary and even walked me through the toughest stages of my course. I could not have had a warmer, more welcoming introduction to Coder Camps and the world of web development.

• John Chleborad • Student

Amazing company, amazing people, fully dedicated to the success of the student.  I have not found one person, staff or student, who wasn't willing to help and offer encouragement.  I spent 30 years in a completely unrelated (non-technical) industry and I am over 50 with no formal computer training so I really didn't think I would fit in.  Didn't matter.  The people at Coder Camps are not interested in your lack of experience, they are only interested in your success.  In 30 years of employment I have not come across a group of people more interested in the success of their customer, the student.  While the coursework is grueling and requires an immense amount of dedication, the environment on campus is friendly and even fun and I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Coder Camps. I recently completed Coding From Scratch and my experience with the process, and even more with the people, made the choice to enroll an easy one.  As with any difficult task, you will get out of it what you put in; but here you will be immersed in a culture that will drive you to be the best.

• Full Stack .Net
    - 5/23/2017
    Richard J. Charay • Graduate

I throughly enjoyed the Coder Camps Full Stack .Net course.

The in-class instruction was topical and taught me the basics I needed to know in order to explore more my own.

The homework/projects challenged me to stretch what I learned and apply it.

And the post course support I have received has been outstanding.

• Coder Camps Review
    - 5/16/2017
    Rick C • Student

When I first contacted Coder Camps I was immediately impressed with Jason Jones who broke down the course in a concise and clear manner with the utmost zest!  Since I joined the program he has consistently reached out to me on a regular basis to make sure everything is going well and darn well makes things happen if they are not!!!

I joined the Full Stack .NET C# course and since have been introduced to the latest C# .NET CORE technology as well as many of the other most popular web technologies out there.  They are constantly evolving with the latest technologies which is a must in today's rapidly changing programming world.
         I would like to give special props to a few other individuals:  Nick Suwyn who is one of the most knowledgeable programmers I have met over the years and who is ALWAYS there when I need him for anything and get's back to me in a timely fashion.  His lectures are also second to none.
    Next is Jason Tennant who gave me special attention despite his busy schedule and helped me with many important things including but not limited to getting me linked up with Linked in and other programming related chat forums that have helped me out tremendously.
    Finally Chris Coleman (CEO) who reached out to me personally to make sure my journey has been a good one and everything is going in the right direction.

Not too many Cons:
    There is not anything particularity bad I can say however I will say that the course is very condensed and requires a very very serious approach and a lot of time dedicated to learning.  You also have to be on the ball and ask the right questions to the right people to stay on top of things.  I will follow up again when the course is completed.

Rick C.

• Matt Ellenberger • Graduate

I attended the Phoenix Full Stack .Net course last fall, and I graduated in Febuary. The class was very intense to say the least! This is a course for people who serious about really making a change in their lives, and  wanting to break into the Tech industry. The Curiculum is very fast paced, and there is ZERO room for any sort of laziness. I personally had made the decision to do this knowing that my dedication and attitude were going to be everything in how successful I was going to be. During the instructional phase a few of my classmates and I would spend sometimes upwards of 5 hours after class working on our homework, and helping each other stay up to speed with the pace of the class. There were also seveal times on the weekends where we would meet up to work on the coursework. It was a very good thing that we bacame so close with each other because once we got into the group project phase, we spent even more time working together than when we were in the instructional phase of the Camp. The instruction was very fast paced and thorough, and the Instructor was very knowledgable and always on point. As for the class Mentor, I can't say enough positive things. Given that we put all of our frustrations and emotions on him, he might be the most patient person that I've ever known. He always had an answer for us and knew how to relate in a way that made us feel calm. Our Group Project phase was also very intense, as we had to create and complete a difficult project in only 5 weeks time. At the end it was a huge relief to be finnished and Demo our project to a sizeable audience.  The Coder Camps Career Services team was also amazing in every regard. They helped us put togather our resumes, and build our LinkedIn profiles to be appropriate with the industry that we would then be entering into. It did not end at graduation either, as they worked tirelessly to connect us to different opportunities and trying to get us in front of potential employers. To say that there is a job waiting for you when you exit this Boot Camp would not be accurate.  As with any employment getting the job is ALWAYS up to you to make it happen! I personally interviewed about 6 times before I was finally offered a position, but The Coder Camps people were always there to support me and suggest new interview tactics, and find new opportunities for me to persue. Commiting yourself to this school and what they offer is a huge undertaking, and your success is all in your own hands, and how you seriously you take the challenge.

• Great experience
    - 5/5/2017
    Recent Grad • Graduate

I'll admit I was nervous about such an accelerated program but the staff at coder camps helped me every step of the way.  The course was challenging and there were moments I wasn't sure it would click with me but the instructional team kept encouraging me. The moment the light bulb came on was such a rewarding experience.  I've been interviewing with several employers post graduation and I'm confident I will land a job shortly.  I would highly recommend Coder Camps and I've already referred several friends and family!

• Shady Sales Pitch
    - 4/26/2017
    RLS • Student

I'll preface this with saying I decided against attending the camp, however the enticement alone was enough of a hard sell to put me off.

While I expected an information session, what I got was a fuller hard sale pitch. I'll say this; if everything they said was true, CC sounds like a good deal. 11K-13K is a good price for the continual training and support you'd get after completeing and getting a jr. programmer job. The people were affable as well, almost to a fault; they pursued me rather than I pursuing them. HOWEVER

Rather than a straight information session, with some time to consider and signing up after a campus tour (which would have been preferable,) the call became overwhelming fast. Much of the interview (which the recruiter didn't inform me it was until well into the conversation) was hyping up not only the program, but building the expectation of you not letting them down, something I was reminded of at several points. Despite telling them I'd have to talk it over, I was transfered over to the recruter's supervisor who immediatly waved the application fee and reminded me of the high expectations they had for me, since I'd signed up without being given a chance to think about it. They didn't shoehorn you in all the way (thus the extra star) as they gave me the online prerequisite course free, but they did "save" me a seat with the premptive tuition charge suspiciously on the forms that they had me sign as well as personal information like my SSN. In short, they rushed me through the process and none of it felt kosher.

Maybe it is a good experience, maybe it isn't. All the reviews have either been negative or repeated the talking points from the phone "interview," so I'm weary of if they can be trusted. Just saying, I was not impressed with the way they sold me their product.