code-career-academy-logo

Code Career Academy

Atlanta, Online

Code Career Academy

Code Career Academy is a 16-week full stack and mobile development coding bootcamp in Atlanta, Georgia. The bootcamp focuses primarily on Microsoft technologies C# and .NET, as well as JavaScript, NodeJS, Mongo and SQL. The program is broken into two 8-week parts; basic web development, followed by enterprise (corporate) development. Classes are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

The bootcamp is taught by Jeff Ammons, a Pluralsight author who has 25 years experience in software development.

Recent Code Career Academy Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (11) reviews for Code Career Academy →

Recent Code Career Academy News

• Full-Stack Web - Gold Tier

Rolling Start Date
    Start anytime, study anywhere, move at YOUR pace. Learn from the ground up the nuts and bolts of all phases of web development using HTML 5, CSS, JavaScript (including ES6), Mobile First Responsive Design, Bootstrap, jQuery, intros to Angular/React/Vue, Node.js, Express.js, C#, ASP.NET Core (MVC and API), SQL, SQL Server, Entity Framework, Azure, Git and GitHub. Also learn the basics of computer science with Data Structures, Algorithms and Algorithm Analysis. Learn by doing. We teach just a little it then have you build a project with just that much. By the end of the course you will have a portfolio full of real-world web applications. Watch recordings of lectures delivered by our Chief Instructor Jeff Ammons who is a Microsoft MVP and Pluralsight Author. You get over 110 hours of lectures. Download sample projects created in the lectures along with the slides. With the Gold and Platinum tier, you get build in mentoring hours, but with the Silver plan you can purchase as many or as few as you want. This lets you get started with the least up front investment and purchase only the one-on-one time you need. The Gold Tier gives you 15 hours of one-on-one time that you can book in 30 min increments. The Platinum Tier gives you 30 hours.
  • Full-Stack Web - Platinum Tier

• Full-Stack Web - Silver Tier

• Cristian  User Photo
    Cristian • .NET Software Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I was one of Code Career Academy's first full time students. I had previously been exposed to programming through college. I quickly realized that college was lacking the hands on approach that I wanted. The solution to my problem was Code Career Academy. Their head instructor, Jeff Ammons, is the most knowledge programming teacher I know. The course was properly structured so students had enough time to learn a concept and go hands on. No matter your skill level, Jeff has the ability of adapting to you. Jeff Ammons never lacked an answer to any of my programming questions. He not only answered my questions, he also explained “why”.

After completing the course, it was up to me to use all the skills learned at Code Career Academy. No school or person can guarantee you a job, so it is up to each student to set their own path. I chose to pursue freelance web development, as I searched and interviewed for different development companies. Jeff was very helpful with my job searching. After two months of applying and interviewing for jobs, I landed my first .NET software developer position. I can honestly say I made the perfect choice by choosing Code Career Academy.

• Leon  User Photo
    Leon • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

This was a really good course. I made sure I studied 3 months prior to the initial start date of the course. Doing this will make you first month and ahalf of the course fairly simple and keep you ahead of the game. I will also show that you are serious learning to code before you join the cohort becaue this class WILL get difficult and the best way to find out that you really love programming is to study before the class even starts.

Jeff is an extremely hands on professor that cares about each student so you WILL more than recieve help during the course but the help is pointless if you dont study on your own outside of class for hours. If you take the fulltime course make your goal 60/hrs min a week. If you decide to take a part time course go for 30/hrs a week minimum.

• Tom Drescher • Graduate

This was only an 18 hour course, but in that time I was able to go from very little experience with asp.net core to deploying an app using:

• Azure cloud hosting
    • current Microsoft guidelines on clean architecture
    • the repository pattern
    • entity framework
    • Microsoft team services
    • MVC pattern
    • a web API

This would not have been possible without the incredibly high quality of instruction. Jeff Ammons not only has over 25 years of real world experience, he also stays engaged and on top of current developments. As a learner you can be confident that everything you are learning is relevant and applicable. Material is well organized and presented with the details you need to really understand what you are doing. As an added bonus Jeff's energy and sense of humor helped me stay focused and keep learning even when the material itself was a little dry.

• Dan • Student

This review is for the Full-Stack, full-time course. There is a lot to learn in application and web development and this course will teach you most of it while creating real applications that you can showcase and expand on. It's a comprehensive course and if you use your time wisely you will be a competent programmer by the end of it with plenty of work to show.  Jeff Ammons, the chief instructor, is an ocean of knowledge and is ready to teach and answer any questions you can throw at him. He is also very flexible with students.
    PROS:
    It's a comprehensive full-stack course. By the end you will be able to create a new application front to back and be able to deploy it to the web from start to finish. This is a great feeling.
    The latest and greatest. ASP.NET Core in C#. It took me a while to find a course that teaches C# for the back-end programming.
    Projects, projects, projects. You creating web pages and applications from day one and this is what really helps you learn, not listening to lecture after lecture.
    Flexibility. You can attend in person (I recommend if you can) or remote.
    A very knowledgeable and friendly instructor. Jeff is great, perhaps too flexible at times.
    CONS:
    It's a comprehensive course and that requires time. It's a long course, roughly 6 months, but definitely worth it.
    If you are out of town, but want to attend in person, you will have to find a place to stay during the week and that can get expensive. AirBnb worked out pretty well for me, but it did add up financially.
    There is no job placement built in to the course after completion, but with the amount of work you will have to show, and the help they do give with mock interviews and lectures on job preparation, finding a job shouldn't take very long. Call a recruiter and showcase your work.

• Michael Frank • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate

Beginning my journey just out of high school wanting to become a full stack web developer I was very lost. I had searched for hours on end looking for schools all over the US that were what I was looking for. I went to numerous colleges and trade schools but they all seemed to just want my money. Talking and glorifying just a handful of their graduates when they have had hundreds of thousands come through. Then I stumbled upon Code Career Academy. A local trade school in Lawrenceville, Georgia. I could tell right away when visiting Code Career  Academy it was different from the rest of the schools I had previously toured/visited, because they didn't try and suck me in with all these flashy amenities when the real purpose of the school is to learn and further your knowledge and career path. While attending the Full-Time course I never thought I would learn so much in just 7 months give or take. I went from knowing absolutely nothing in the Web Development world to coding as well as designing websites for myself to quickly becoming very appealing in the job market with a portfolio filled with high quality work dealing with front and back end development. Along with all the great work I created myself I really liked the team & networking aspect that Code Career Academy provided. In the development world chances are you will work on a team of some sort to accomplish a goal and what better way to help prepare us all for that than to have our class split up or all come together to accomplish something.  As well as once a week on Fridays if we had anything we were stuck on or just lost and didn't wanna speak up in class we had one on ones with the instructor(Jeff) and he would help guide us through and really made sure we understood what he was explaining and teaching to us, which I really think goes above and beyond. When talking to Jeff you can clearly tell he knows what he is talking about and his experience in this field is very impressive. I have never been so pleased and satisfied by how much potential Code Career Academy provided me with.

PROS:
    - Relativity small class
    - Learning is at a very good pace I believe
    - Teacher is very good with communication
    - Teacher is incredibly knowledgeable
    - No one is left behind in the class
    - One on Ones with teacher
    - Able to re-watch lectures online or ping in via skype if we couldn't make it to class or simply didn't pick up on it first time through
    - lecture time is very good with breaks put in between
    - after every lecture we had hours to work on projects and could ask instructor for help

CONS:
    Honestly I have zero complaints and I highly doubt anyone could with how much you will learn and how much your trade/skill as a developer improves

• good experience
    - 11/4/2017
    bobo • QA • Graduate

Jeff is knowledgable. This class teached us all the cutting-edge techonology, which is really helpful in my interview.

I strong recommend this school if you are willing to work in IT field. This school recorded all the classes you've attended for my further learning, really convenience .

• C#/.Net
    - 9/12/2017
    Kevin • Graduate

This is almost the only place you can learn C# and .Net in Atlanta. The school is located at a quiet place. You can just focus on classes. The best part of this school is the instructor. Jeff, the chief instructor, has 25 years of experience in the software industry. Literally he can answer any questions, and he can fix any bugs. This is very important because I had no coding experience before I joined this course, so I needed someone who can review my code and fix the errors. It's not easy when you take a online class.

If you don't have prior coding experience, study JavaScript and C# before you start the class, then it will be easier, and you will learn a lot more.

• Sam • Front End Developer • Student

I was searching for a way to advance my career to more full stack development. I've been a front end developer for years but opportunities in full stack development, particularly .NET, are everywhere.

I took a course in C# at Code Career Academy and I feel strongly about my path toward full stack now. The course I took was in the "Continuing Education" section of the school. The teacher, Jeff Ammons, answered every question I had, catered the course to any changes I requested along the way, and was extremely responsive to my needs. Teachers at Code Career Academy have years of experience in the industry and they stay on top of it in order to help students reach theit goals.

I would recommend Code Career Academy to anyone looking to learn on any part of the development and programming path.

• Lokesh

This is one of its unique institution in providng learning of the Microsoft .net stack in  a very practical manner.It's uniqueness lies in teaching code first and then going into the academics and philosophy of the subject. All this is through personal attention to every student. Really worthy of a recommendation!

In my opinion, there are very few institutions which offer this type of direct instruction. This probably is due to their very deep involvement with the Microsoft range of offerings as they have been evolved over their roadmap. Jeff Ammons is a Microsoft Most Valued Professional (MVP) himself and has been a well known respected fraternity in the limited community of senior developers and academicians in this area.

• Xamarin Class
    - 11/22/2016
    Wayne Green • Programmer • Student

I recently took the Xamarin class at Code Career Academy and it was a positive experience and one of the best decisions to begin my journey in Xamarin development. The instructor, Jared, taught at an excellent pace, was patient with me,  and not only had the answers to my questions but also gave 1-2 alternative solutions to my inquiries. He is also well versed on Xamarin for IOS, Android, and Windows.  This included enivironment configuration, assitance with the in class labs, which 3rd party tools were optimum, available workarounds, subtle differences in performance on different platforms, etc.. I walked in with very little mobile experience but left with the confidence to be able to go out and create mobile apps. I don't know if I should say this or not, but Jared spent some class time assisting me in getting started on a intial draft for a mobile app for my current job.  I showed this draft to my employer and they were pleased with my progress. I feel fortunate to be able to get in on the ground floor of this academy's Xamarin course and look forward to attending more instruction.

• Heather • Technical Writer • Student

I took the introductory javascript class with Code Career Academy. The price is better than similar full-stack programs offered at most schools, particularly since it is in-person. The significance of it being in-person is that if you have a tough problem you just can't get through, you have the opportunity to directly ask the teacher and get a direct answer. Also, if you have a hard time setting aside time to dedicate to coding, having a place you go to every week to sit and focus on coding is a great opportunity. This is particularly helpful if you are new to coding or are at a plateau in your learning.

The academy is local to the Gwinnett area which is super convenient and a rarity. The facility where the classes are held is a new building with new furniture, offers complimentary sodas and coffee, and there is plenty of free parking. The information in the class was much more thorough than what you would normally get in an online class or tutorial.

Instead of simply walking you through how to write the code, Mr. Ammons does a fantastic job explaining the whys and best practices only a seasoned developer, like he is, would know.  The class combines lecture with hands-on coding. You create code samples and projects you can include in a portfolio. Another advantage to his classes is that the instructor knows the industry and what hiring managers will want in a potential employee. He also knows what a developer will need to know to be successful on the job. Taking his classes is like having a mentor dedicated to you as you go on your coding journey. Also you to have a certain type of computer - you can learn on a Mac or a Windows machine.

Take a class from Code Career Academy and you won't be disappointed!