Awesome Inc U
Awesome Inc U is a 12-week, full-time web development bootcamp based in Lexington, Kentucky. The program is aimed at beginners, with the goal of preparing them to interview with the school’s employer partners by the end of the program. The school also expects that many candidates will have experience in some related field such as graphic design, math, finance, or project management.
Recent Awesome Inc U Reviews: Rating 4.5
In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week12 Weeks
- Start Date
- February 25, 2019
- Class size
- Tuition Plans
- We offer 12-month and 24-month payment plans. 12-Month- Monthly: $995 Fee: 8.55% ($940) Total: $12,440 25-Month- Monthly: $500 Fee: 13.64% ($1,500) Total: $13,000
- Minimum Skill Level
- Prep Work
- Placement Test
More Start DatesFebruary 25, 2019 - LexingtonApply by December 21, 2018
Awesome Inc U Reviews
2 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
If you are contemplating a career change to web developer, look no further. Awesome Inc U's Web Developer Bootcamp will give you the skills you need to land that web dev job. I was hired before bootcamp was even over!
And by "skills" I mean the really important ones: learning how to learn... where to find help when you are lost... how to know if your code is "finished"... There are a million programming languages, frameworks, and technologies, but these skills will transfer to any web developer job (and many non-web-developer jobs!).
Classroom instruction began with a period of coding "warm-ups" where we tried to solve a problem in code. But the bulk of the day was spent in "lecture" —which should more properly have been called "playground" — where the instructor led us through the topic for the day. Instead of dispensing information during lecture, the instructor modeled the real web dev workflow. "Can we get this text centered? Let's try this..." "Hmm... that broke. Let's see if Google can help us."
But perhaps the most valuable part of my experience was the friendships and connections made. I had been a teacher for 10 years before deciding to switch to web development, and so I didn't know very many web developers or technology companies. I had a very small network going in. But now I have a small group of good friends (the other bootcampers), several mentors (the instructors and administrators)—and I got to meet numerous community business leaders who gave presentations throughout the bootcamp. I will certainly lean on this expanded network as I dive into my new job and beyond!
tldr: Worth every penny just for the friends and connections made.