WeThinkCode_ is a tuition-free 2-year programming bootcamp in Johannesburg, South Africa, where students only pay a placement fee if they find a job as a programmer. The founders want to make a difference to education in Africa and meet the increasing demand for IT professionals.
The curriculum was developed by French Ecole 42, and through peer-to-peer learning, students will gain skills applicable to game design, app design, cloud computing, cryptography, artificial intelligence, web design, malware and more.
Students are first required to take a 4-week bootcamp, then they will be invited to enroll in the 2-year course. The 2-year course includes two 4-month internships with We Think Code_ corporate sponsors.
Recent WeThinkCode_ News
Recent WeThinkCode_ Reviews: Rating 5.0
This is a 2-year peer-to-peer programming course where students work with each other to solve problems. Students are required to take a 4-week intensive bootcamp to be invited to enroll in the 2-year course. Students will learn skills applicable to game design, app design, cloud computing, cryptography, artificial intelligence, web design, malware and more.
The course is 100% free for WeThinkCode_ students. Corporate sponsors pay your tuition, and in exchange, you will complete two (paid) 4-month internships with them during the course of your studies. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be required to work back the value of your sponsorship (typically 1-2 years) with your sponsor.
1 review sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Just to correct your statement. Students do not pay any placement fee at WeThinkCode. I am a student at WeThinkCode. There are no instructors or lecturers. It is completely peer-2-peer learning. The two intake tests don't have any instructions on purpose, to set those with the correct aptitude apart from the rest.
Our latest on WeThinkCode_
For some students, the traditional 12-week, full-time coding bootcamp may not seem like enough time to acquire the skills that employers want. As the coding bootcamp industry has evolved, longer coding bootcamps such as Turing, Galvanize, C4Q, Ada Developers Academy, Learner's Guild, CODE University, Holberton School, Make School, We Think Code, and 42 have emerged with courses ranging from 6 months to 5 years. These schools emphasize computer science concepts, offer apprenticeships, and provide in-depth, cutting-edge technology education, without the opportunity cost of a traditional computer science degree. Think a longer coding bootcamp could be for you? Start your research here.Continue Reading →