University of Central Florida Cybersecurity Professional Certificates
The University of Central Florida Cyber Security Professional Certificate bootcamp is held at Seminole State College and offers two certificate programs: Cyber Defense and Ethical Hacking. Both programs were created to prepare working professionals for certification exams and careers in Cyber Security fields. The University of Central Florida Cybersecurity bootcamp is in partnership with HackerU, a cybersecurity training institute.
The Cyber Defense Certificate (400 hours) follows a nine-course program for beginners to become proficient in Security programming as well as learn the basics of offensive and defensive Cyber Security. Students in the Cyber Defense program will learn includes LPI Linux Essentials, Cisco CCENT, Cisco CCNA Security, CompTIA Cloud+, CompTIA Security+, and CompTIA CySA+. The Ethical Hacking Certificate (210 hours) offers flexible class scheduling and consists of seven courses for veterans in the field to learn advanced offensive Cyber Security ideas and practices. Students learn Python as it applies to Windows, Linux, and Cyber Security. Both certificate programs start with an introductory course on Cyber Security, then move into a hands-on learning experience where students are immersed in real-world simulation labs.
There is a multi-step application process for the University of Central Florida Cyber Security bootcamp. To begin, students meet with an advisor to determine the best program based on their skills and experience. While there is no prerequisite experience required for the Cyber Defense Professional Certificate, students need either a degree in Computer Science or experience in IT, coding, or programming for the Ethical Hacking Professional Certificate program. Students will complete a 30-hour introductory course that culminates in an exam and one-on-one assessment with a bootcamp instructor to determine next steps before starting the desired program coursework.
It is the goal of the University of Central Florida Cyber Security bootcamp to provide students with an education and experience that ensures a smooth transition into the Cyber Security workforce. The ten-hour Career Services course at the end of each program prepares students with interview training, internship assistance, and networking opportunities with alumni and other professionals. The Career Development Center is also available to help with resume-writing and building professional online profiles and portfolios.
Recent University of Central Florida Cybersecurity Professional Certificates Reviews: Rating
Recent University of Central Florida Cybersecurity Professional Certificates News
Start Date None scheduled Cost $15,500 Class size N/A Location OrlandoThis certificate program introduces students to in-depth theory as well as hands-on training in Cyber Security and programming. This program prepares students for seven of the top certification exams in the field of Cyber Security: LPI Linux Essentials, Cisco CCENT, Cisco CCNA Security, CompTIA Cloud+, CompTIA Security+, and CompTIA CySA+.
Minimum Skill Level No prerequisite experience required. Placement Test No Interview Yes Start Date None scheduled Cost $12,000 Class size N/A Location OrlandoThe Ethical Hacking Certificate (210 hours) offers flexible class scheduling and consists of seven courses for veterans in the field to learn advanced offensive Cyber Security ideas and practices. Students learn Python as it applies to Windows, Linux, and Cyber Security
Minimum Skill Level Students need either a degree in Computer Science or experience in IT, coding, or programming. Placement Test No Interview Yes
0 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.