UNH Coding Boot Camp
Applicants do not need previous experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the program is part-time, UNH Coding Boot Camp is designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change, advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set.
Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, technical interview training, 1:1 career coaching, soft skills training, and more. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from UNH Professional Development & Training and will have a portfolio of projects or apps demonstrating a working knowledge of the topics covered throughout the program.
UNH Coding Boot Camp is powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.
Recent UNH Coding Boot Camp Reviews: Rating 4.95
Recent UNH Coding Boot Camp News
Deposit N/A FinancingPayment plans available Tuition Plans Payment plans available
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Prep Work Pre-work Placement Test No Interview Yes
UNH Coding Boot Camp Reviews
21 reviews sorted by:
- Honest thoughts on the course- 3/23/2021Ethan • Course: Full Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Portsmouth • Verified via LinkedInSix months ago, I may have looked just like you do right now. I was contemplating joining this camp, but the leap was so scary. Will the time and investment be worth it? I had never coded a day in my life.
Today, I am graduating and very happy with the program.
Instructors: The main teacher has been in the industry for many years and had did a great job explaining complex concepts in simple terms. On top of that, he constantly offered real world advice and really helped us experience what the industry is like and what we need to do to be part of it. The assistant teacher worked with people well outside of office hours and really cared about helping everyone reach their full potential.
Content: They update the content every couple of months to make sure they are teaching the cutting edge. It comes at you fast, but you will get it if you practice daily and ask for help when you don't get it. Be aware, that even though this course is "part time", you need to treat it like a full time job. Many of my peers and I studied well over 20 hours per week on top of jobs and family. It can be hard, but its also fun and worth it.
Career Services: For those willing to go the extra mile, the career services team really steps up. The whole department's goal is to make you employable and help you get a good job. They helped me update my resume multiple times, get a professional linked in profile, and much more. More importantly, they stay with you months after you graduate as a resource.
To summarize, this course was everything I was hoping it would be. I recommend it to my friends in person, and hope that if you are on the edge right now, it helps you rest at ease that you are making the right choice.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UNH Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamMonday, Mar 29 2021Thanks, Ethan! We're happy to hear you had a positive boot camp experience. It's great to know you found our instructional team to be knowledgeable and encouraging, not only offering real-world advice but consistently available whenever you needed additional assistance. Like you noted, this is a fast-paced and rigorous course, one that will require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom. Great job on utilizing career services and preparing to step out into the market. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your recommendation! We wish you continued success in all that you do.
- Highly recommend for anybody considering coding!- 3/23/2021Junko Yamazaki • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Portsmouth • Verified via LinkedInFor someone who had little to no knowledge about coding before enrolling, I am so happy with the result of my decision to enroll in the UNH Coding Bootcamp. I was definitely nervous going into the first week of class but everyone from my classmates to my instructor and teaching assistant to my Student Success Manager and Career Services team were nothing but extremely helpful, encouraging and supportive every step along the way. The course can feel fast paced at times but there was never a time that I didn't feel like I didn't have support. If anybody is considering this bootcamp and has the time and commitment to dedicate 6 months of hard work, I have nothing but good things to say and highly recommend taking this next step!
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UNH Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamMonday, Mar 29 2021Amazing, Junko! We're thrilled to hear that you found our entire boot camp team as well as your classmates to be helpful, encouraging, and supportive every step along the way. Like you noted, this program is fast-paced but if you're willing to put in the work and take advantage of all the available support you will succeed. Congratulations on completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! Best of luck moving forward.
- Incredible Experience- 3/22/2021Aren Salmela • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Portsmouth • Verified via GitHubI am so happy I decided to enroll in this boot camp. I had little to no experience in programming before starting. I now have a portfolio of apps and projects that I can show to potential employers as well as a great programming foundation to continue learning upon.
The instructional and support staff were incredible. I was amazed by their intelligence, knowledge, and how they made difficult concepts easier to understand. However, this program is rigorous and difficult. The more you put into the program, the more you will get out of it.
I have learned so many new skills from taking this program. I would recommend it to anyone!
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UNH Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamMonday, Mar 29 2021We appreciate your review, Aren! Our course is designed to cater to both experienced and novice beginners, like yourself, and we couldn't agree more that the more you put into your learning journey, the more you will get out of it. Our entire team strives to enable student success so we're glad you found them to be supportive. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future coding endeavors!
- 10/10 Would Do Again!- 3/22/2021Michael • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Portsmouth • Verified via LinkedInEveryone I worked with from enrollment through graduation was engaging, knowledgeable, and helpful.
I entered the program with very little programming knowledge, but that didn't hold me back. The program provides resources to help get you up to speed before classes begin, and once classes begin the instructors are so thorough that you don't need to worry about being left behind.
The projects we worked on helped me build a portfolio that I am proud to present to recruiters and employers.
I cannot recommend this BootCamp enough.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UNH Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamMonday, Mar 29 2021Way to go, Michael! We're glad you found our entire boot camp team to be engaging, knowledgeable, and helpful. Like you noted, our program is designed for both experienced and novice beginners, like yourself, so we're thrilled you were able to successfully navigate the curriculum and build an impressive professional portfolio. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all that you do.
- Wonderful and Invested- 12/11/2020Jesse Farmer • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Portsmouth • Verified via GitHubAt first I was very nervous and had little idea what I was getting myself into. I knew i wanted a career change and to better myself. But after six months of the course i will say i didn't realize how much I would change. Not only did the instructors, TA's, and tutors go above and beyond to help me at any time, but the "guidance counselor" was always there to talk and help me walk back off the edge so to speak. They helped put things into perspective and were always there to help build a game plan to conquer the homework's and projects. They are there to educate and 100% see you succeed.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UNH Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamTuesday, Dec 15 2020Thanks, Jesse! We appreciate you choosing our program to make a career change. We're thrilled to hear our entire boot camp team went above and beyond to exceed your expectations. We strive to enable student success, so it's great to know this resonated with you. Congratulations on graduating and all the best in your future endeavors!
My recommendation when taking this course is to use your time during class to do what is best for your education. All classes are recorded and available for viewing afterward so don't worry if you didn't understand something because you can always go back and watch it again. Sometimes something will make sense during a lecture-like session but then when it comes time for the activity you will feel lost. It happens to the best of us.
- My preferred method of note-taking is taking my notes directly in the code in the form of "comments". Code comments will not affect your code when it's running. Comments will be ignored by whatever is running it (web browser, hosting platform, etc.). Leaving notes in the form of comments makes it easy to know what code you're referring to because you can leave a comment right next to code in reference
- In-class activities will sometimes be too challenging to do, or just plain won't make sense to you. They do provide the completed code and I recommend you utilize that if you need to. If needed I would go through the completed code and research what I didn't understand and leave notes in the code (as comments) explaining what is happening. Each activity builds off the previous and getting lost on one activity will keep you lost on the next. Do what works best for you so you don't get lost. If you didn't get the last activity then go back to it until you get it. You can always complete any missed activities on your own time.
- To avoid the above from happening, you could get a jump start on the new week's lesson by utilizing the resources provided to you in an email at the beginning of each week. Sometimes life gets busy and you're not able to do so, then refer to the above recommendation
- Homework doesn't always have to look pretty. Your code should be clean but websites don't have to look pretty. Focus on functionality and user experience. Take the time you would have used to make it look pretty and instead work on other projects or some form of coding/programming. If you want to be more of a visual designer (web designer) then focus on that. Though, it is easier to learn design concepts than it is to learn cleanly coded, functional, and easy to use applications. MVP is something you'll learn about. MVP stands for Minimal Viable Product. An MVP application is functional and gets the job done. Anything not considered essential can be added later. Following the "user story", "acceptance criteria", and the grading rubric will result in an MVP style application. The only exception to this is group-projects, there will be enough people working on the application that this is achievable and worth it. Group projects will be a nice addition to your resume so a good looking website is a win.
- You'll be in a Slack workspace (like DIscord) with your teacher, teacher assistants, and other classmates. Teachers and TA's are available through this so don't be afraid to ask questions during non-class hours. Here you can message with classmates and create study groups or just talk about random stuff in the Random chatroom (we posted a lot of memes and nonsense, I totally recommend it!)
- Overall try to have with your code. The chances are you won't be using homework assignments on your resume or portfolio page at the end of the class. You can be silly in these, give things funny names, use memes instead of other photos, whatever you need to laugh. Homework is designed to give you practice using the technology you learned, as long as you're doing the MVP you have leeway for some ridiculousness.
- Sticky notes are awesome for terminal commands you'll use often as they can be easily accessible when you need them.
Hope this was helpful!
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UNH Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamTuesday, Dec 15 2020Thank you, Brendan! We're thrilled you enjoyed the program and successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development. We truly appreciate all the helpful advice you provided for interested candidates.
We couldn't agree more that going back and reviewing lectures, participating in group projects, staying ahead of your studies, communicating with both instructors and classmates, and completing your homework will help you excel in the program.
Congratulations on graduating and all the best in your future coding endeavors!
- Great Program and Staff- 12/10/2020Chad Laflamme • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Portsmouth • Verified via GitHubI can't say enough about the quality of the staff and instruction on this boot camp. I have been a teacher for 13 years and they went above and beyond to support the students. I would recommend this program to anyone.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UNH Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamThursday, Dec 10 2020We appreciate your review, Chad! We're glad to hear you benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team and are thrilled you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck moving forward!
- Wonderful Experience!- 3/20/2020David • Applicant • Course: Full Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Portsmouth • Verified via LinkedInI've always been passionate about design and technology but didn't know how to merge them together. I felt like my current career path was stagnant and I needed to do something about it. I eventually received my undergraduate degree in Information Technology. I wanted to put my degree to good use and tried to find ways to integrate my craving for creativity and passion for technology and then I stumbled upon this bootcamp.My experience with the UNH bootcamp was mixed. I didn't have any expectations because I was completely new to the industry and just didn't know what to expect. However, I knew that I wanted exposure to various technologies, I wanted to network with like-minded aspiring developers and most importantly I wanted consistency. Prior to the bootcamp I was teaching myself to code and would take a week off here and there and found that I was having to relearn things that I had previously studied because I would forget. Consistency is key to mastering the different languages and tools. Having some accountability for my personal development was important because there was always something that was going to distract me. My favorite part of the course were the projects. I loved working with my team to conceptualize and develop an application.My advice to other prospective students is not to get too frustrated. When you find something you love to do, it's important to remember why it's a part of your life. You almost feel an appreciation for the struggles because without the failures you couldn't enjoy and revel in the successes. Something I heard a long time ago and still believe is that just because something is difficult does not mean it's impossible.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UNH Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamFriday, Mar 20 2020Thank you, David! We're thrilled you benefited from the program structure and enjoyed working with your classmates to develop new web applications. Great advice for prospective students—just because something is difficult does not mean it's impossible.
Congratulations on graduating, we commend all your hard work and dedication these past few months! We're rooting you on in all your future coding endeavors.
- Great Way to Learn Web Development!- 5/28/2019Declan Morrison • Lead Frontend Developer • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Portsmouth • Verified via LinkedIn
The instructor was very clear and excellent at explaining difficult to understand concepts, and the TA's and instructor were always happy to help or clarify anything you didn't understand.
You have lots of hands-on coding time every session, you will certainly learn a lot form this course. If you're looking to get into Web Development, or even just coding in general, I would reccommend this class every time!
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UNH Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamThursday, May 30 2019Way to go, Declan! We're happy to hear you learned so much throughout your boot camp journey. Our instructional team strives to help students along every step of the way, so it's great to know you benefited from their support. Congratulations on successfully completing the program, we truly appreciate your review! Best of luck on your new career path.
- Looking for a career change?- 5/28/2019Katie • Junior Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Portsmouth • Verified via LinkedIn
Background: I spent close to ten years implementing, supporting, and maintaining clinical systems but did not have a technical background. In fact, I had majored in Anthropology and Justice Studies at UNH. I wanted a better understanding of the systems that I was working with and knew that many clinical systems were going to Web Application route. This program seemed like a great choice because of its Web focus and partnership with UNH which I trusted based on my undergraduate experience. I also liked the fact that Trilogy partnered with companies in the industry to determine their technical needs and built a program that would provide students with those same technical skills.
Curriculum: The curriculum is a great combination of technologies that are currently in demand in the development world. You also touch briefly on larger topics such as Computer Science and Java. The pace is fast and the material you cover is vast. It can often feel like you’re attempting to drink from a firehose. Your focus is to try and absorb what you can in the moment so that you are able to do a more in-depth dive during your homework and projects. Ultimately the goal of this program is to provide you with the tools you need to begin your journey as a developer.
Instructors: This is where the program really shines. Our instructor and our teaching assistants (TAs) were absolutely phenomenal. It was great to have industry professionals reviewing the material and adding additional insight to areas they felt were important. They were always available to review material, answer questions, and provide guidance. I can’t speak to the tutoring Trilogy provided additionally, as I didn’t use it. The teaching staff were available enough that I was able to get everything I needed from them in person.
Job Assistance: The career development portion of the program was great. They help with resume building, interview prep, etc. The whole team was instrumental in helping me to secure my current position. Aubrey was there every step of way, helping to provide me with additional resume review, answering my interview etiquette questions, and following up throughout the interview process with recommendations on follow-up. I will forever be grateful for the help that she and the rest of the Trilogy team provided.
Overall Experience: My overall experience was incredibly positive. The program does a wonderful job of setting you up to be as successful as you want to be. The more time, dedication, and attention you provide to this program, the more successful you will be within the course and in your job search. I take recommendations very seriously and have recommended this program to multiple friends and family members. It, without a doubt, changed my life.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UNH Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamThursday, May 30 2019Thank you for sharing your experience, Katie! We're thrilled you chose our program to learn new, in-demand web development skills. It's great to hear you benefited from the curriculum and found our entire boot camp team to be supportive—we also have to agree that Aubrey is fantastic. Like you mentioned, the more time, dedication, and attention you commit to the course material, the more successful you will be. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success as you move forward!
- Great Experience- 5/9/2019Orlando Correa • Software Developer • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Portsmouth • Verified via LinkedIn
I came in like many others hardly knowing a thing about coding but with the help of the amazing staff and students we all worked hard to overcome this challenging boot camp! 10/10 I would definetly do it again!
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UNH Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamFriday, May 10 2019Thank you for your review, Orlando! We're glad to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best!
- Smart Alternative to Traditional Higher-Ed- 3/24/2019Zach • React Developer • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Portsmouth • Verified via GitHub
Prior to enrolling in the UNH Full-Stack Flex Bootcamp, I was, like many others I'm sure, just another student looking to obtain a four-year degree. In the early stages of that process, I found the manner in which the university system is administered to be convoluted and fundamentally flawed. So, I took a step back from the pursuit of a bachelor's degree and instead focused on trying to pinpoint what industries naturally interest me and what skills I have a natural propensity for. I visualized those in a venn-diagram kind of way, and found that the overlap pointed directly to programming. I took what seemed like a big risk in tabling my pursuit of a degree ( for now ) and instead enrolling in the bootcamp. Best. Decision. Ever.
In my eyes, there are two major value propositions that this course offers over a more traditional associate's or bachelor's track. The first value added is an ever-strengthening economic one. Proficient developers in web technologies are in very high demand. With so much of the modern world now reliant on the internet, the labor market is starved for people who are able to develop new applications or maintain and improve existing ones, and that demand is reflected in the prospective salary of web developer. Combine that with the course's price tag, which is pennies compared to that of a bachelor's degree, and you get the "high R.O.I." education that Trilogy and UNH offer with this course.
To speak more to the nature of the class itself, I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to learn from and learn with. The staff here all know what they're doing, no doubt, and, even more notably, they are extremely effective in communicating what tends to be rather abstract material. The teacher and teaching assistants, as well as the coordinator, all had a very evident passion for the material we covered, and, morever, clearly took great joy in sharing their knowledge. That sort of passion is contagious. I feel comfortable speaking for my entire class when I say that we got just as much joy out of learning from the Trilogy staff as they got out of teaching us.
I will never look back on this class with anything but appreciation. I consider this bootcamp a metaphorical seed more than anything. You will not learn everything there is to know here. You will, however, learn everything you need to know to plant that metaphorical seed, and you will leave with the tools to nourish that seed into a full grown passion for the challenging, sometimes frustrating, but truly rewarding wolrd of code.
Many thanks to everyone at Trilogy who helped to make this one of the best years of school yet.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of UNH Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamMonday, Mar 25 2019Amazing, Zach! Congratulations on completing the program and thanks for your review. We're glad to hear that you learned many valuable skills, and had an overall positive experience with this Boot Camp. We know the importance of lifelong learning and design our courses to facilitate our students' continued education beyond graduation, and we're glad this aspect resonated so strongly with you. We're cheering you on as you move forward in your career.