SV Academy is a free 4-week full-time and 12-week part-time online business development bootcamp available anywhere in the world with a strong internet connection. Students will learn the skills needed to become competent and productive business development representatives. SV Academy’s remote 4-week program requires 40 hours per week of online instruction for the first 4 weeks of pre-hire training, and their 12-week program requires about 20 hours per week of online instruction for the first 12 weeks of pre-hire training. During this period, participants will be involved in live classes, complete weekly assignments, meet with mentors and coaches and get some down to earth real-life experiences in key factors of the job. The school aims to help hard-working Americans break into the tech industry and become part of a life-long community of high performers.
The application process involves completion of the application form, numerous chats, and assignments to complete, and a final interview with role-playing scenarios. No prerequisite skills, business experience, or a perfect GPA is needed for enrollment. Tuition is free to the enrollee and is employer-funded. SV Academy is looking for flexible, committed job seekers with strong written and verbal communication abilities who are comfortable with feedback coupled with heavy workloads.
After getting to know the student during the 4-week full-time or the 12-week part-time pre-hire training, SV Academy will prepare and guide students for full-time jobs, matching them with prospective employers with whom their goals, personality, and skills fit nicely. Relocation to San Francisco or New York is required at this point for the full-time employment portion of the program. The mentors and coaches at SV Academy will then follow the students for the first year in their first full-time job, helping them to maneuver the rough spots of new employment in a new career.
Recent SV Academy Reviews: Rating 4.67
Recent SV Academy News
Start Date March 2, 2020 Cost $0 Class size N/A Location OnlineEnrollees will learn the skills to become competent and productive business development representatives during their 4-week pre-hire training. During this period, participants will be involved in live classes, complete assignments each week, meet with mentors and coaches and get some down to earth real-life experiences in key factors of the job. SV Academy’s program, which is 100 percent virtual, requires 40 hours per week of online instruction for the first 4 weeks of pre-hire training.
Minimum Skill Level SV Academy is looking for flexible, committed job seekers with strong written and verbal communication abilities who are comfortable with feedback coupled with heavy workloads. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
More Start DatesMarch 2, 2020 - Online Apply by February 26, 2020
SV Academy Reviews
12 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- SVA Graduate and Employed SDR- 2/15/2020Paula Holloway • Sales Development Representative • Course: Fellowship • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInPros:
- Fellowship is free
- Instructors and SVA team really invest in you, you are paired with a mindset coach, communications coach, interview readiness coach, and mentors.
- There is always someone there for you to ask questions SVA guides you through the entire process from start (applying to the fellowship) and finish (accepting your job offer)
- Network of SVA community
- A lot of meetings
I was looking to change industries and SVA allowed me to do that without having to go back to school to study something new. Highly recommend!
- Here's Your Chance to Change Your Life- 2/8/2020Terry Pernell • Graduate • Course: Fellowship • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInYou're going to learn all the skills you've read about in all the reviews you've read, become apart of a family of bright, ambitious, driven, and empathic individuals; you'll be one too. If you already are one, you'll be even more of the aforementioned.
Be prepared to start your brand new wonderful life with a brand new wonderful mindset. Bon Voyage!
- Your way into Silicon Valley- 12/14/2019Ryan Tseng • SDR • Student • Course: Fellowship • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
Great curriculum with an incredibly supportive staff. SVA will teach you all you have to know to succeed as an SDR including what the role entails, tech tools you'll be using, successes and struggles you'll be going through, and the best strategies to be successful in winning over prospects.
In addition to the curriculum, SVA provides an enormous amount of resources and mentors, so all you're questions and concerns are answered with depth and care.
- Break into the Tech Industry!- 2/8/2020Andrew Good • SDR • Graduate • Course: Fellowship • Campus: OnlineApplying to SV Academy was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Their curriculum familiarizes you with the SDR role while challenging you to develop a professional growth mindset, and I was highly impressed by the caliber of the fellows in my cohort as well as the staff and instructors. SVA connects you to a network of people who genuinely care about your professional development and they will get you a foot in the door at exciting tech startups! Beyond that, they are simply a great team of people who really do care about helping you become your best!
- Best Career Decision Ever- 2/7/2020Alicia Mitchell • SDR • Graduate • Course: Fellowship • Campus: OnlineWhen I initially saw the post for SV Academy on LinkedIn I thought it was too good to be true. After connecting with a few fellows through LinkedIn I decided this was the right path to kick start my sales career.
This program will demand another level of you, but if you are dedicated to learning the processes you will reap the benefits of a rewarding career in tech sales.
The curriculum is designed to give you hands on experience with industry leaders!
- You get what you put in it- 1/19/2020Billy • SDR • Graduate • Course: Fellowship • Campus: Online
I took this fellowship very seriously and landed a job as an SDR in Tech. They delivered on their promise from A-Z. This fellow goes from training material, interview prep, then it is YOUR job to execute on the interviews.
I wish we went over Salesforce a bit more, but you'll pick it up once you work at your company. (Minor detail)
- Your Golden Ticket- 11/17/2019Malcolm • Sales Development Representative • Graduate • Campus: Online
I had a great experience with SV Academy. I thought it was too good to be true: a free bootcamp with guaranteed placement at a top startup in NYC. After asking around my personal network I decided to take a shot and it was the best decision that I've ever made. Within two months I was placed at a startup and tripled my salary overnight. Two things especially contributed to this: they had great interview prep with one on one coaching and they were able to leverage their network to get me in front of two companies a week until I was placed. The interview process was hands down the toughest I have ever been through and I thought very highly of my interview skills going into the program. You will be expected to demonstrate you can perform the duties of an SDR: creative prospecting, conduct a discovery call, explain how you work with a sales stack etc. You will have the experience of the training to draw from.
There are a few things to keep in mind: one is that while the program is remote there are some parts of the program that are not asynchronous. If you live on the East Coast, expect to make some adjustments as the times are usually based on PST. The staff was great about working with me on that. Another thing is the time committment- if you work full time any "free time" you have will be occupied by this program. Be sure to submit your assignments on time. If you keep up with your end of the bargain they will set you up nicely.
- Life changer!- 11/1/2019Diego • Account ExecutiveSVA has helped me to break into tech and position myself in a closing role for a SaaS company in SF!
I was accepted to be part of the SVA fellowship in December 2018 while being based in Peru. During the training phase (first three months of the program) I learned everything that I needed to be successful as an SDR: using empathy and active listening to engage in meaningful conversations with prospects, how to approach a cold call, write creative emails, how to take rejection on the head, develop my own workflow, and understand deeply the SDR role, among others.
Once the initial training and internship were over I moved to SF to start the interviewing process. During my first week in the Bay Area, I interviewed with 5 high potential start-ups that offered technology solutions aligned with my experience (business and data analysis). After two weeks of phone calls and on-site interviews, I was extended an offer by Alation (creators and leaders in the enterprise data catalog market), a top tier fast-growth start-up. All of the anxious feelings that I had (moving to a new country without a job) were replaced by reassurance, knowing I had a great organization that cared about my professional growth and were true to their promise.
After several months of hard work at Alation as an SDR, with more than a couple of thousand cold calls and more than many successfully qualified prospects under my belt, the second milestone in my career materialized. I transitioned to a closing role as an account executive for another enterprise SaaS start-up in the Bay Area. All of these events unfolded in a quasi-celestial manner all thanks to the support from SVA coaches, mentors, the network of partners, fellows and founders Rahim and Joel. Without them, this would not have happened.
In summary, it has been a crazy ride… moving from Peru to San Francisco, getting my first job offer within two weeks of relocating to the US, and signing for an AE role within a year.
- Thank you SVA!!!- 1/18/2020Anonymous • Course: Fellowship • Campus: Online
SV Academy is just phenomenal. The program has changed so many people’s lives for the better, helping them kick start their careers in sales and the tech industry. Would highly recommend to anyone who is hungry to grow and willing to put in the hard work to be great.
SV Academy’s classroom training and internship program are designed by professionals who have been working in sales for years. It’s designed to groom the fellows to present themselves in the best way possible, improve their communication and writing skills, hone their time management skills, and learn about sales methodologies. It’s extremely immersive and you can get as much out of it as you put in. (BANT, PACE, AAA. You’ll know soon enough.😉)
Get ready to commit at least 20hours a week to this program. You will have weekly classroom sessions with your cohort. Each week you will have a different presenter, usually sales leaders from the industry who will speak about their experience and answer any questions you may have. You will also have to make time weekly to meet with your classmates to do Paired homework assignments, as well as meet with various coaches and mentors to help bolster your mindset and interview skills, among other things. You’ll finish the last leg of the classroom training with a three-week internship. Again, it’s extremely immersive and did I mention time management? Yeah. Get ready for your time management skills to get tested like no other. 80:20 for days.
After the classroom training, SVA has a designated team that is committed to finding you a job. This team is EXTREMELY valuable and very willing and available to help you land that job.
If there is one valuable thing to take away from this fellowship (aside from getting a job), it’s definitely the community. Throughout the program and after, you have a team who is dedicated to helping you succeed, whether it be as a fellow in the fellowship program, or as a sales professional working in the industry. Imagine a community of hustlin’, successful sales people who are all available and willing to share their insights, knowledge, and wisdom. That’s what you’ll get when you join the SV Academy community.
I was living in San Francisco and was looking for a way to break into tech. I found SVA and went through the program. It was probably the most demanding 3months of my life, but oh so worth it. I learned a lot about myself, learned a lot about the tech industry, learned a lot about how to succeed as a sales professional, and built a solid network to lean upon. After the classroom training, it took me about 6 weeks to land a job at a company that was the perfect fit for me. I can’t thank SVA enough for the positive impact it has made on my life. It was a lot of hard work but SVA will provide you with all the resources you need to succeed. You just gotta do it and make it happen!
- Fellow- 12/22/2019Anonymous • Campus: Online
What they "teach" you (not much of anything, in actuality) is a joke and just a waste of time for everyone involved. The instructors are totally inept and unqualified -- you'll probably be taught by someone who just went through the bs program themself. The program is also quite discriminatory and the exact opposite of what they claim to be -- if you don't fit the mold of what they think tech companies want to see in SDR candidates, like you have a foreign accent or a disability, you're given the boot, without warning. SVA is run by con artists who couldn't care less about helping people...they only want their $10,000. What they say about how exclusive their program is and how everybody gets a job at the end are big lies. You'll regret going here.
- DO IT!!- 10/25/2019Anonymous • sales development representative • Campus: Online
SV Academy opens up so many doors for individuals seeking to immerse themselves into the tech field but do not have the experience in the area. I myself, studied philosophy and anthropology in college and did not know which direction to take my career into. I did sales for a little bit and then found SV Academy, a 12 week program where they train you to be the best SDR out there, guaranteed. I am not going to lie to you, it is a lot of work but it is extremely rewarding. You meet weekly with your group or "cohort" for online classes, you are given a career coach that you meet with weekly as well, and are given weekly assignments/ homeworks some of which is group work. All of these things truly prepare you to be the best SDR you could be. You are also paired up with mentors in the tech industry, founders in the tech industry and are truly exposed to the tech world. Finally you are selected to participate in an internship with a tech company, for me it was Talend. You are now putting all of the skills you have learned to the test. You are making phone calls, sending out emails to potential prospects like you would be doing once you find a job as an SDR. Finally, once you have completed everything you get to the best part: the job application process. You get your own team that applies for you, you have an entire team that prepares you for each individual interview/company ensuring and setting you up for success. My only regret is not finding out about the fellowship sooner!