sv-academy-logo

SV Academy

SV Academy

SV Academy is a free 4-week full-time and 12-week part-time online business development bootcamp available anywhere in the world with a strong internet connection. Students will learn the skills needed to become competent and productive business development representatives. SV Academy’s remote 4-week program requires 40 hours per week of online instruction for the first 4 weeks of pre-hire training, and their 12-week program requires about 20 hours per week of online instruction for the first 12 weeks of pre-hire training. During this period, participants will be involved in live classes, complete weekly assignments, meet with mentors and coaches and get some down to earth real-life experiences in key factors of the job. The school aims to help hard-working Americans break into the tech industry and become part of a life-long community of high performers.

The application process involves completion of the application form, numerous chats, and assignments to complete, and a final interview with role-playing scenarios. No prerequisite skills, business experience, or a perfect GPA is needed for enrollment. Tuition is free to the enrollee and is employer-funded. SV Academy is looking for flexible, committed job seekers with strong written and verbal communication abilities who are comfortable with feedback coupled with heavy workloads.

After getting to know the student during the 4-week full-time or the 12-week part-time pre-hire training, SV Academy will prepare and guide students for full-time jobs, matching them with prospective employers with whom their goals, personality, and skills fit nicely. Relocation to San Francisco or New York is required at this point for the full-time employment portion of the program. The mentors and coaches at SV Academy will then follow the students for the first year in their first full-time job, helping them to maneuver the rough spots of new employment in a new career.

Recent SV Academy Reviews: Rating 4.81

all (82) reviews for SV Academy →

Recent SV Academy News

• Fellowship

Business Intelligence, Digital Marketing, Sales, Salesforce
    Enrollees will learn the skills to become competent and productive business development representatives during their 4-week pre-hire training. During this period, participants will be involved in live classes, complete assignments each week, meet with mentors and coaches and get some down to earth real-life experiences in key factors of the job. SV Academy’s program, which is 100 percent virtual, requires 40 hours per week of online instruction for the first 4 weeks of pre-hire training.
    Minimum Skill LevelSV Academy is looking for flexible, committed job seekers with strong written and verbal communication abilities who are comfortable with feedback coupled with heavy workloads.
  • Life Changing
    - 10/8/2021
    Jeniffer Garcia  User Photo
    Jeniffer Garcia • Verified via LinkedIn
    While it was an intense couple of weeks, the skill that I gained from this program are priceless. The support and guidance that was provided changed my life. I believe the course work and classes matched so well. This course has provided me with an opportunity I never even thought was possible.
  • Good Stuff
    - 10/7/2021
    Wayne Blackburn  User Photo
    Wayne Blackburn • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    My time at SVA has been very intense. They go through A LOT of information fast. The instructors are always willing to help with any questions or reservations and they are quite knowledgeable. There is a lot of work and it takes time, but it pays off big when looking for your first gig. The interview prep, combined with the different software you need to learn, mush it all together with the internship for a real company; and you have a plethora tools at your fingertips for starting in the Tech industry. Do it.
  • Kathryn Burns  User Photo
    Kathryn Burns • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    I enjoyed my time at SV Academy. You get a lot of information and a short amount of time so take notes. The class work is rigorous and I learned a lot. The instructors are there to help you every step of the way, however, It seems like they are overextended at times. The instructors really do care. Be responsible and accountable. You’re  not always going to get high quality individual focus unless you book time to speak with an instructor. They may take a day or two to get back to you. I recommend this program to anyone who has tried to break into tech, and failed due to lack of experience. As soon as I put SV Academy and Talend on my résumé, recruiter came  beating down my door, so the speak, via LinkedIn. Of course, I have extensive  experience in sales in marketing, but I know that having SV academy on my resume is attracting these high paying SaaS job recruiters. I have 4 offers on the table right now. The mentorship is a key component to getting a job as well. I highly recommend that you vet your mentor prior to accepting them. A couple of my classmates were matched with a terrible mentor who constantly cancel the appointment and wasn’t of help at all. It’s almost like he did not prioritize this volunteer role. Also, I have not heard from the career success team at all. That kind is kind of bothersome. Do your research and ask questions.

Overall, this Academy is amazing and will train you how to excel as an SDR. After you master that position you’re able to move around In Tech. This program is for those who are motivated to learn to maintain a growth mindset. SV Academy is filled with a wonderful team of bright, talented, caring, and professional humans who are here to help you succeed in landing a high paying role in tech. But it all starts with you. I really appreciate the transparency in the organization.

Another note - there is a 2K finance charge to the living stipend that sometimes they forget to mention.
  • Chiyedza Nyahuye  User Photo
    Chiyedza Nyahuye • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    SV Academy is a uniquely progressive experience of immediate application of what you are learning and preparation for imminent employment.  The coursework with interactive videos, the introduction of tools and simulated real-life application through the internship, helped me feel much more prepared. I am moved by the intentional mandate of assisting more people of color access the skills and tools to be better able to gain entry into the tech industry through SV Academy's hundreds of company partners.

I especially enjoyed learning the self rebranding processes and the use of LinkedIn for both personal and work-related applications. It does require a lot of self-discipline and commitment to get through the materials and assignments on time.  I actually started the coursework a week ahead of the actual starting time for the course as I reviewed the curriculum ahead of time and decided to get a head start as I wanted to get through the information quickly.  I was also starting a new job so decided to manage my time better.

The staff and managers I have worked with so far are awesome and very responsive and supportive.  The mentorship program is great too as I am enjoying learning from a VP of Sales at one of the top companies globally in the User Generated Content Software space and so his immediate life experience and coaching are invaluable. I wish I had found SV Academy a lot sooner to redirect my career, but I also believe that nothing is a coincidence and God's timing is always on time.  Grateful for the opportunity and looking forward to growing a career in the tech industry starting as an SDR.
    - 10/3/2021
    Jennifer  User Photo
    Jennifer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    SV Academy provided me with an excellent resource to pivot my career to Customer Success - through expert instructor guidance, various industry events and guest speakers, as well as an incredible mentorship program.

• Wonderful Program!
    - 10/2/2021
    Shaniqua Williston  User Photo
    Shaniqua Williston • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    SV Academy has made a profound impact in such a short time. My 4 weeks in the program have been intense but well worth it. I love the way everyone was encouraged to navigate the world as their authentic selves. Even teaching us to be mindful and take time to ourselves for work life balance. Not to mention to hands on insight and training throughout various workshops and internship, teaching us the tools and hands on experience needed to succeed in the SDR role. SV Academy has provided us with the launching pad necessary to break into the tech world.
    - 9/30/2021
    Hana Zoe Weinstein  User Photo
    Hana Zoe Weinstein • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Overall just very helpfull. Powerful and delivers results that are guaranteed for satisfaction.
  • SDR
    - 9/24/2021
    Stephanie Fleming  User Photo
    Stephanie Fleming • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had a wonderful experience with SV Academy. The program managers were on target with everything they taught us in cohort 51. I am now on to the next step in my career thanks to SV.
  • Myn Flesche  User Photo
    Myn Flesche • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Pre-SVA me:  Skeptic
    Post-SVA me:  Total acolyte of SVA

By far, the most grueling, exhilarating, rewarding, enervating, transformational learning experience I have ever gone through.  SVA will not only teach you the skills you will need to prepare you to break into the tech industry, they will also teach you the life skills to make it a well-rounded experience.  For so long, the workforce has been acclimated to the compartmentalization of career and personal life.  SVA teaches you how to approach that you do not have to choose which area to thrive in.  You can have both.  The mindfulness approach to a career, the embracing of the commitments of Conscious Leadership are just the tip of the iceberg to prepare you for your career in tech.

With skilled and empathetic, talented and unique program managers, each of their skills and expertise completely complementary of one another, every day in class was chock-full of information.  The program managers are the best.  They know the field and they know how to teach it at a level that everyone will understand.  They are open and accessible, supportive and empathetic.  Everything that a learner will need to go through a life-changing course like SDR course in SVA.  The curriculum, though excellent and comprehensive, felt like the least of what I had to learn.  The program managers exemplified and practiced what they thought.  They love what they do and you can see it with the way they care for their learners.

The staff of SVA, especially the visibility and participation of Rahim (the founder) in a leaner's journey, for me was the cherry on top.  Where else would you find a busy founder still find time to interact, share, and teach learners?  The support that I felt in that community is tremendous.  The school is not afraid of feedback.  They take feedback and examine it, always finding ways to improve.  And it is just getting better.

I was looking for a career shift and what I found was a life transformation.  It's by far one of the best decisions I have ever made.
  • Mathew Steiner  User Photo
    Mathew Steiner • Director of Admissions • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I came into this program with a vague understanding of how to utilize my personal life and professional work experience. I realize now I was pretty much lost when it came to knowing how to apply everything I've done in the past and apply them to my future endeavors. I have always been insecure about the quality of my linkedIn, resume, cover letter, and narrative. This is the first time in my life that I can display all of these components with pride and confidence. I have SV to thank for that. SV didn’t just tell us how to restructure and re-draft our documents, they literally taught us how to be a walking talking example of everything we have learned in life.
    SV academy gave me an opportunity to prove myself to myself. They not only gave me the tools to succeed in a specific industry but also taught me how to analyze multiple past versions of myself and how to pick the best qualities of each version.
    Up until now I feel like I have been running in circles trying to find a career path. This program has finally given me the ability to see clearly. I now have short term, mid term, and long term goals and am excited to finally be able to pursue them. I now have a very solid set of skills that will never leave my arsenal.
  • Erin Birrell  User Photo
    Erin Birrell • Future CSM • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The "CS You" program is an intense month of training and self-reflection.  I'm sure one aspect or another will be a challenge but, you will gain practical knowledge of the work of Customer Success within the SaaS industry and discover your unique value proposition.  The job hunt is competitive, and SV Academy's tools will prepare you to stand out.  Everyone involved will have your back if you put in the work because they reflect the growth mindset that's encouraged.  As a perpetual student, I can say with some authority that SV Academy is doing it right.  I applaud the audacious goal to diversify the tech industry, let alone their success in establishing a virtual community that grows stronger with each graduating cohort.
  • from 50k to 100k
    - 9/10/2021
    Luis C.   User Photo
    Luis C. • Account Executive • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    To get the most out of your experience with SV Academy, you must go in with an open mind. When I began my journey with SVA, I realized that this was going to be hard work. But the best part about this is that it will open doors to opportunities I would otherwise not have. SVA taught me how to navigate the world of tech with experienced mentors, leaders, and trainers. The coursework was always very engaging and instructors would be open to feedback.

SV Academy helps you with your job search and makes sure to give you the tools you need to succeed in your new job. Three years ago I was at a job that was barely over 50k and now I'm trending to hit 100k for the first time in my life. I would highly recommend SVA to anyone thinking about a career change or to start their professional career in sales.