sv-academy-logo

SV Academy

SV Academy

SV Academy is a free 4-week full-time and 12-week part-time online business development bootcamp available anywhere in the world with a strong internet connection. Students will learn the skills needed to become competent and productive business development representatives. SV Academy’s remote 4-week program requires 40 hours per week of online instruction for the first 4 weeks of pre-hire training, and their 12-week program requires about 20 hours per week of online instruction for the first 12 weeks of pre-hire training. During this period, participants will be involved in live classes, complete weekly assignments, meet with mentors and coaches and get some down to earth real-life experiences in key factors of the job. The school aims to help hard-working Americans break into the tech industry and become part of a life-long community of high performers.

The application process involves completion of the application form, numerous chats, and assignments to complete, and a final interview with role-playing scenarios. No prerequisite skills, business experience, or a perfect GPA is needed for enrollment. Tuition is free to the enrollee and is employer-funded. SV Academy is looking for flexible, committed job seekers with strong written and verbal communication abilities who are comfortable with feedback coupled with heavy workloads.

After getting to know the student during the 4-week full-time or the 12-week part-time pre-hire training, SV Academy will prepare and guide students for full-time jobs, matching them with prospective employers with whom their goals, personality, and skills fit nicely. Relocation to San Francisco or New York is required at this point for the full-time employment portion of the program. The mentors and coaches at SV Academy will then follow the students for the first year in their first full-time job, helping them to maneuver the rough spots of new employment in a new career.

Recent SV Academy Reviews: Rating 4.78

all (24) reviews for SV Academy →

Recent SV Academy News

• Fellowship

Digital Marketing, Business Intelligence, Salesforce, Sales
    Enrollees will learn the skills to become competent and productive business development representatives during their 4-week pre-hire training. During this period, participants will be involved in live classes, complete assignments each week, meet with mentors and coaches and get some down to earth real-life experiences in key factors of the job. SV Academy’s program, which is 100 percent virtual, requires 40 hours per week of online instruction for the first 4 weeks of pre-hire training.
    Minimum Skill LevelSV Academy is looking for flexible, committed job seekers with strong written and verbal communication abilities who are comfortable with feedback coupled with heavy workloads.
  • SVA Review
    - 4/26/2021
    James Vo   User Photo
    James Vo • SDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Pros: Internship to have hands-on experience of the SDR role, mentorship with professionals already in the field of tech sales, career coaching to set graduates up for success, the community is supportive and great

Cons: Program may be a bit fast pace for individuals doing it full time.
  • Christopher White  User Photo
    Christopher White • Account Management • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had a long career in hospitality sales and marketing and after the pandemic, I was very unsure about my future.  SVAcademy gave me the opportunity to really understand the process of SaaS sales and gave me direct training so I can figure out if this is actually what I want to do next in my career.  It is completely legit and has all of the technology and tools to help you/mentor you to the next steps.  I highly recommend the program if this is something that you want to do and ALSO want to put in the work to get there.  I can go on and on for hours about the program and I am eternally grateful for all of the instructors, mentors, and positive energy that brought me here.  I will say 100% that you put in as much as you get out of it - no one is a miracle worker, you have to do the work.  BUT if you put the work in, you will have all the support in the world.
  • Gabby  User Photo
    Gabby • Business Development Representative • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    This Fellowship Program Helped Me Land My Dream Job In Tech Sales In Under 6 Weeks!!

Pros
    This fellowship launched my career into tech sales in 6 weeks!! Can't say enough good things about this program, it's structure, content, and advising/mentoring team! The first two weeks I learned about the role of a Sales/Business Development Representative (which is the job this fellowship trains you for). The next two weeks I put the learnings to practice in an internship where I got to do the work that will be expected of me in seat (prospecting leads, setting up a sequence of planned outreach via cold calls, emails, LinkedIn messages). I learned so many tools (such as Zoom, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Salesloft, Salesforce, Vidyard, etc.) and I got incredible coaching on my interviewing skills to prepare me for interviewing for jobs. The final two weeks I was actively interviewing with several different companies my mentor in this program knew would be a good fit any they definitely were!! I accepted an offer with the tech company of my dreams only 6 weeks after starting this fellowship! I didn't just gain a job, but also a whole community of colleagues and mentors to take with me throughout the rest of my career and personal life!

Cons
    All I would stress here is the importance of motivating yourself to grow and improve throughout this program professionally and personally. SV Academy will give you all of the tools you need to succeed in this role, but the ownership of your success in this fellowship is on YOU! Be professional, have a great work ethic, be coachable, and be ready to develop your emotional intelligence as well. What you are willing to put into this program is what you'll get out of it. Be prepared to commit 8 hours per day to being in live online video classes, and be willing to put in more work and effort individually outside of these hours as well. If this sounds like something you are prepared to commit to in order to reach your goal of starting a career in tech sales, then study this fellowship, be prepared to answer why you want this opportunity, and GO APPLY!!

• Paula Holloway  User Photo
    Paula Holloway • Sales Development Representative • Verified via LinkedIn
    Pros:
    • Fellowship is free
    • Instructors and SVA team really invest in you, you are paired with a mindset coach, communications coach, interview readiness coach, and mentors.
    • There is always someone there for you to ask questions SVA guides you through the entire process from start (applying to the fellowship) and finish (accepting your job offer)
    • Network of SVA community

Cons:
    • A lot of meetings

I was looking to change industries and SVA allowed me to do that without having to go back to school to study something new. Highly recommend!
  • Terry Pernell  User Photo
    Terry Pernell • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    You're going to learn all the skills you've read about in all the reviews you've read, become apart of a family of bright, ambitious, driven, and empathic individuals; you'll be one too. If you already are one, you'll be even more of the aforementioned.

Be prepared to start your brand new wonderful life with a brand new wonderful mindset. Bon Voyage!
  • Ryan Tseng  User Photo
    Ryan Tseng • SDR • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Great curriculum with an incredibly supportive staff. SVA will teach you all you have to know to succeed as an SDR including what the role entails, tech tools you'll be using, successes and struggles you'll be going through, and the best strategies to be successful in winning over prospects.

In addition to the curriculum, SVA provides an enormous amount of resources and mentors, so all you're questions and concerns are answered with depth and care.

• Lofton Kennedy • Graduate
    SV Academy trains you for an SDR role. All of the teachers have real-world experience in the role they can answer any questions you may have. SV Academy is VERY time-consuming don't sign up if you are not ready to commit to it and be motivated enough to do numerous assignments. Prepares you very well for the SDR role gives you the fundamentals, best practices within the role, interview practice to actually land a job, and real-world experience with an internship to actually build up your resume and have genuine experience.
  • Jabril Bowen • SDR @ What If Media Group • Graduate
    If you’re reading this you may be wondering if SV Academy is legitimate just as I did when applying. First off, I landed a job 2 weeks after graduating and 1  week after I start interviews. I didn’t start interviews until a week after graduating for personal reasons, and still landed a job immediately.  I had recruiters blowing up my email and personally never had to apply for a job because the recruiters that found me through SV already had a profile from their database which was great.  They push you to be proactive and apply, and in my case it just wasn’t necessary, but everyone’s experience is different.  SV is an amazing support system, network, and opportunity for learning literally everything you need to succeed in SaaS. I had over 5 years of corporate sales internship experience and applied to tech sales jobs without success because I lacked the proper industry experience/ knowledge. The work is extremely intense so if you aren’t determined to succeed you will struggle, but that’s true for being an SDR as well. The sense of community is unparalleled I can’t emphasize this enough. If you make it to the finish line I guarantee it means you have what it takes to succeed in this industry. It’s a major test/ builder of mental strength and will. You will know if this is the career path for you by the end of the first week! It’s so worth it!
  • Andrew Good • SDR • Graduate
    Applying to SV Academy was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Their curriculum familiarizes you with the SDR role while challenging you to develop a professional growth mindset, and I was highly impressed by the caliber of the fellows in my cohort as well as the staff and instructors. SVA connects you to a network of people who genuinely care about your professional development and they will get you a foot in the door at exciting tech startups! Beyond that, they are simply a great team of people who really do care about helping you become your best!
  • Alicia Mitchell • SDR • Graduate
    When I initially saw the post for SV Academy on LinkedIn I thought it was too good to be true. After connecting with a few fellows through LinkedIn I decided this was the right path to kick start my sales career.

This program will demand another level of you, but if you are dedicated to learning the processes you will reap the benefits of a rewarding career in tech sales.

The curriculum is designed to give you hands on experience with industry leaders!
  • Billy • SDR • Graduate

I took this fellowship very seriously and landed a job as an SDR in Tech.  They delivered on their promise from A-Z.  This fellow goes from training material, interview prep, then it is YOUR job to execute on the interviews.

I wish we went over Salesforce a bit more, but you'll pick it up once you work at your company. (Minor detail)

• Andrew • Enterprise BDR • Graduate

Finding and being accepted into the SV Academy Fellowship has been life-altering in the best possible way. I was stuck in a comfort zone (aka - a rut) for some years with the jobs that I was used to doing. I have lived in Silicon Valley for over a decade now and had never felt like I could actually be part of it career-wise. Breaking into the tech sector, even as an entry-level SDR, is NOT easy. I'm so thankful that a couple of great minds came together and saw the opportunity to help open that door for people like me.

The program is very intelligently designed with very practical assignments and educational material. They have coaching for every arena pertinent to the endeavor. And, they follow-through and deliver on their promise all the way. That being said, it is up to YOU to put in the work. They won't hold your hand or check on you about late assignments. The threshold for lack of effort is low, but their employer network is counting on them to deliver the best, ready-to-go SDR's around.

Having recently graduated, I've already received two job offers and have officially accepted. I'm very excited about the future and the continued support through the SV Academy Community over the next 12 months!