sv-academy-logo

SV Academy

SV Academy

SV Academy is a free 4-week full-time and 12-week part-time online business development bootcamp available anywhere in the world with a strong internet connection. Students will learn the skills needed to become competent and productive business development representatives. SV Academy’s remote 4-week program requires 40 hours per week of online instruction for the first 4 weeks of pre-hire training, and their 12-week program requires about 20 hours per week of online instruction for the first 12 weeks of pre-hire training. During this period, participants will be involved in live classes, complete weekly assignments, meet with mentors and coaches and get some down to earth real-life experiences in key factors of the job. The school aims to help hard-working Americans break into the tech industry and become part of a life-long community of high performers.

The application process involves completion of the application form, numerous chats, and assignments to complete, and a final interview with role-playing scenarios. No prerequisite skills, business experience, or a perfect GPA is needed for enrollment. Tuition is free to the enrollee and is employer-funded. SV Academy is looking for flexible, committed job seekers with strong written and verbal communication abilities who are comfortable with feedback coupled with heavy workloads.

After getting to know the student during the 4-week full-time or the 12-week part-time pre-hire training, SV Academy will prepare and guide students for full-time jobs, matching them with prospective employers with whom their goals, personality, and skills fit nicely. Relocation to San Francisco or New York is required at this point for the full-time employment portion of the program. The mentors and coaches at SV Academy will then follow the students for the first year in their first full-time job, helping them to maneuver the rough spots of new employment in a new career.

Recent SV Academy Reviews: Rating 4.78

all (46) reviews for SV Academy →

Recent SV Academy News

• Fellowship

Salesforce, Sales, Digital Marketing, Business Intelligence
    Enrollees will learn the skills to become competent and productive business development representatives during their 4-week pre-hire training. During this period, participants will be involved in live classes, complete assignments each week, meet with mentors and coaches and get some down to earth real-life experiences in key factors of the job. SV Academy’s program, which is 100 percent virtual, requires 40 hours per week of online instruction for the first 4 weeks of pre-hire training.
    Minimum Skill LevelSV Academy is looking for flexible, committed job seekers with strong written and verbal communication abilities who are comfortable with feedback coupled with heavy workloads.
  • Prince Anyanwu  User Photo
    Prince Anyanwu • Sales Development Representative • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    SV Academy helped me switch careers from finance (insurance/banking) to tech sales (SaaS). The program is top-notch. SVA prepares you with a rigorous training program, high-quality instructors, and all the resources and tools you need to break into the tech industry. The community and mentorship also set you up for success.

Pros:
    -Great instructors
    -Exposure to tech tools you will need in your career
    -Mentors -Partnerships with hundreds of companies for job placement
    -Community -Professional coaching after you land a job
    -Masterclasses
    -Building up your professional brand

Cons:
    I don't have anything negative to say. The program could be challenging for some people, but if you have the drive, the payoff is worth it when you land a job.
  • Andrew Behbahani  User Photo
    Andrew Behbahani • Verified via LinkedIn
    Pros:
    • Their internship program that works with their company partners is very valuable.
    • Their curriculum is very in-depth and useful throughout all the workshops and assignments.
    • There is a very supportive community behind SV, fellows, alumni and faculty are always there to offer help!

Cons:
    • Part-time program can be hard to balance with a full-time job.

Advice to Management:
    • Partner with more tech companies!
  • Johnzel  User Photo
    Johnzel • SDR • Verified via LinkedIn
    Since graduating from SVA 2 years ago, I've been lucky enough to have worked with Faris Khalifeh and Corinne Allen as my career coaches. I highly recommend both for whether you're starting your SDR career or you're finely seasoned. I've overcome challenges I otherwise wouldn't have with them. I learned transferrable skillsets which I have applied outside of work and I'm in a happier and better position in all aspects of life now than I was before I started this journey. Take the leap; I'm glad I did. Thank you SVA!
  • Good stuff
    - 6/22/2021
    Xin He  User Photo
    Xin He • Account Executive • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Practical learnings, good networking and really you get what you put in. They helped me get a job and so I have no regrets.

• Sean Kelly  User Photo
    Sean Kelly • SDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Amazing experience. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to start a career in the tech industry.
    Pros: Internship, mentorship, classroom assignments, and interview/job search preparation.
  • Sebastian Bernal  User Photo
    Sebastian Bernal • Director of Marketing • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Prior to SV Academy, I had been applying for sales roles every time something came up but unfortunately would be met with the same response from all of them: "I lacked experience". I was thinking to myself how can I ever get experience in tech if no one gives me a shot in an entry-level role?? Luckily, I came across SV Academy through an ad on LinkedIn and thought why not and applied. The next thing I know, I was in the program and thriving. Just as I graduated, COVID hit and job losses were in the news and I began to have some doubts - SOMEHOW, in the heat of the pandemic, SVA connected me with a company and I was hired less than a week later. I credit SV with equipping me with the skills needed to excel in the interview and land the job and also in the job itself - A testament to what they do, I was promoted to a Director position within 8 months. SVA changed my life and it's been the best decision I've ever made.
  • Liza Kozlova  User Photo
    Liza Kozlova • SDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    After spending months searching for a job in the difficult pandemic market, I serendipitously came across a posting for the SVA Tech Sales Fellowship program. I was unsure until the last day whether to enroll or not because, quite frankly, I didn't have a lot of faith. I was doubtful if SV would actually lead me to get a job and I was afraid I would be stuck paying off the program's cost while unemployed. Not only did the month of SV help me grow my skills exponentially, it set me up with so many connections (including a mentor from a Fortune 500 company) and I had recruiters knocking on my virtual door before I even finished the program. I had more interviews than I could handle, sometimes with four different companies in one day. Ultimately, I got not one, but THREE job offers that gave me the leverage to even negotiate my salary. I have been happily employed by my dream company for three months now and never looked back! SV is the best thing that happened to me this past year.
  • John Ott  User Photo
    John Ott • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Unparalleled mentorship opportunities. Instructors do a great job preparing you for a career in SaaS sales, even for those going into the experience completely cold. Week-long live internship w/ industry-leading SaaS partner company. Hand-on sales tech-stack training. I was hired within a month of graduation. CEO is sincerely driven to deliver on democratizing access to training that facilitates career pivots into tech. No tuition repayment obligation until you are hired. Instructors prepare you well for job search, especially as it relates to personal branding materials and compensation negotiation. You are connected with a mentor during your first year on the job.
  • Nekayia Shantel  User Photo
    Nekayia Shantel • Verified via LinkedIn
    Personally, SV Academy was a game-changer for me. Literally, LIFE CHANGING. I was a bit nervous at first. The price tag was a bit hefty for where I was in my life before entering the program. I looked at it as an investment! The way I saw it, I could continue working odd jobs that I dreaded, or I could take a risk and start a career in tech that would allow me to scale to nearly any tech role within a company! I chose the latter. My salary more than DOUBLED within two months. That's absolutely unheard of. I would recommend the program for sure. It opens doors. It isn't hard, but it is time-consuming.
  • SVA Review
    - 4/26/2021
    James Vo   User Photo
    James Vo • SDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Pros: Internship to have hands-on experience of the SDR role, mentorship with professionals already in the field of tech sales, career coaching to set graduates up for success, the community is supportive and great

Cons: Program may be a bit fast pace for individuals doing it full time.
  • Christopher White  User Photo
    Christopher White • Account Management • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had a long career in hospitality sales and marketing and after the pandemic, I was very unsure about my future.  SVAcademy gave me the opportunity to really understand the process of SaaS sales and gave me direct training so I can figure out if this is actually what I want to do next in my career.  It is completely legit and has all of the technology and tools to help you/mentor you to the next steps.  I highly recommend the program if this is something that you want to do and ALSO want to put in the work to get there.  I can go on and on for hours about the program and I am eternally grateful for all of the instructors, mentors, and positive energy that brought me here.  I will say 100% that you put in as much as you get out of it - no one is a miracle worker, you have to do the work.  BUT if you put the work in, you will have all the support in the world.
  • Gabby  User Photo
    Gabby • Business Development Representative • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    This Fellowship Program Helped Me Land My Dream Job In Tech Sales In Under 6 Weeks!!

Pros
    This fellowship launched my career into tech sales in 6 weeks!! Can't say enough good things about this program, it's structure, content, and advising/mentoring team! The first two weeks I learned about the role of a Sales/Business Development Representative (which is the job this fellowship trains you for). The next two weeks I put the learnings to practice in an internship where I got to do the work that will be expected of me in seat (prospecting leads, setting up a sequence of planned outreach via cold calls, emails, LinkedIn messages). I learned so many tools (such as Zoom, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Salesloft, Salesforce, Vidyard, etc.) and I got incredible coaching on my interviewing skills to prepare me for interviewing for jobs. The final two weeks I was actively interviewing with several different companies my mentor in this program knew would be a good fit any they definitely were!! I accepted an offer with the tech company of my dreams only 6 weeks after starting this fellowship! I didn't just gain a job, but also a whole community of colleagues and mentors to take with me throughout the rest of my career and personal life!

Cons
    All I would stress here is the importance of motivating yourself to grow and improve throughout this program professionally and personally. SV Academy will give you all of the tools you need to succeed in this role, but the ownership of your success in this fellowship is on YOU! Be professional, have a great work ethic, be coachable, and be ready to develop your emotional intelligence as well. What you are willing to put into this program is what you'll get out of it. Be prepared to commit 8 hours per day to being in live online video classes, and be willing to put in more work and effort individually outside of these hours as well. If this sounds like something you are prepared to commit to in order to reach your goal of starting a career in tech sales, then study this fellowship, be prepared to answer why you want this opportunity, and GO APPLY!!