Redwood Code Academy
To apply candidates should fill out an online questionnaire, schedule a visit to the Redwood campus to meet with a mentor, attend a beginner workshop, and participate in a final interview.
Upon completion of the curriculum, Redwood Code Academy provides students with career guidance including resume prep, optimization of LinkedIn and Github profiles, mock job interviews, and introductions to local recruiters and employers in Redwood's hiring network.
Recent Redwood Code Academy Reviews: Rating 4.63
Recent Redwood Code Academy News
- New Year, New Career? Learning to Code in 2021!
- Getting Started in .NET: A Deep Dive with Redwood Code Academy
- How Isaac Got a Job at Microsoft after Redwood Code Academy
In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week12 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $13,500 Class size 12 Location IrvineStudents will learn the fundamentals of full-stack development, work in teams to build a portfolio and gain necessary skills. The program is broken up into: Software Fundamentals, Web apps and front-end development Full-stack .NET and SQL Starter Portfolio Project Capstone Portfolio Project Interview and Industry Prep
Deposit 250 FinancingWe have partnered with SkillsFund to provide student loans
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
In PersonPart Time24 Weeks
Deposit 250 FinancingWe have partnered with SkillsFund to provide financing
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview Yes
Redwood Code Academy Reviews
67 reviews sorted by:
- You get everything you need- 1/21/2021Lewie J • Graduate • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedInIf you’re looking to get hired by an IT company or get a job in a related career, this is the place to go. They have many different courses and modules to choose from; it’s just a matter of you figuring out where you want to go. The courses are also really straightforward, and you get everything you need.
- I got great instructors- 1/13/2021Mindy E • Graduate • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedIn
- The instructors are helpful- 1/7/2021Claudine P • Graduate • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedInI was looking for a place where I could beef up my skills to get a new role, which helped. Only part-time at first, but then I went full time when I realized the potential. I was even able to get some interviews at new places thanks to what I’ve learned from here, and it could give my career that boost that I was looking for. The instructors are helpful too.
- I highly recommend RCA.- 12/29/2020Simon C • Programmer • Graduate • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedInI’d tried learning to code by myself, but I felt like I was getting nowhere. I signed up for Redwood Code Academy’s boot camp to speed things up a little. I ended up learning more in three months than I did in two years of self-study! I highly recommend RCA.
- I decided to sign up at Redwood Code Academy.- 12/24/2020Denrick J • Graduate • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedInI didn’t have the time or resources for a four-year degree, so I decided to sign up for coding Bootcamp instead. After researching bootcamps in my area, I decided to sign up at Redwood Code Academy. It was an amazing experience, and I got much more than I expected in just 12 weeks.
- Wilson M • Graduate • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedInI took the 24-week boot camp because of family commitments. I’m glad I did because I learned at my own pace without getting too stressed out. The instructors and assistants were good at explaining the lessons. I highly recommend Redwood Code Academy’s boot camp to coding newbies like myself.
- Sarah C • Software developer • Graduate • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedInSigning up for Redwood Code Academy’s boot camp is probably one of the best decisions I’ve made, career-wise. I’ve learned new skills that have opened up many opportunities for me. I’m currently a software developer at a reputable firm, and I wouldn’t have gotten this job without Redwood.
- I really liked what I saw on my visit- 12/3/2020Terrence A • Web Designer • Graduate • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedInIf you’re on the fence about joining Redwood Code Academy, do what I did and schedule a campus tour. You’ll get a good feel for the culture, learning environment, and people. In my case, I really liked what I saw on my visit and chose RCA over half a dozen other coding boot camps.
- I’ve been a junior dev for six months- 11/25/2020Denver P • Junior Developer • Graduate • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedInMy friend had gone to Redwood Code Academy and was able to get a great job at a tech firm. After a lot of encouragement from her, I decided to sign up too. Now, a year after I graduated from bootcamp, I’ve been a junior dev for six months. I’m glad I made the leap.
- Terry Jill • Web designer • Graduate • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedInI had zero programming knowledge (I’m an English major), but I wanted to break into the tech industry. Initially, I was skeptical that a 12-week course would give me the skills needed to land a job in the field. I’m happy to say that I got offers from three companies a few months after graduation.
- I learned full-stack web development- 11/5/2020Nancy G • Graduate • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedInI thought that at 35, I would be too old to learn how to code. Redwood Code Academy proved me wrong. Thanks to the well-structured program and great instructors, I learned full-stack web development and gained the confidence to put my skills into practice. I now feel like a full-fledged programmer.
- Great program.- 10/28/2020Andrew Tan • Graduate • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedIn