redwood-code-academy--logo

Redwood Code Academy

Irvine

Redwood Code Academy

Redwood Code Academy offers 12-week full-time, and 24-week part-time full-stack software development bootcamps in Orange County, CA. Technologies taught include HTML, CSS, Javascript, ReactJS, C# .NET Core, Node.js, SQL, MongoDB, RESTful API, AWS, Git Workflow, and Agile Development. Redwood Code Academy covers full stack software development, with a focus on web application, but also includes mobile applications, desktop applications and cloud services. The Academy focuses on real world skills training by helping students learn the fundamentals of full stack development, work in teams to build a portfolio and gain the skills necessary to interview and land a dream job.

To apply candidates should fill out an online questionnaire, schedule a visit to the Redwood campus to meet with a mentor, attend a beginner workshop, and participate in a final interview.

Upon completion of the curriculum, Redwood Code Academy provides students with career guidance including resume prep, optimization of LinkedIn and Github profiles, mock job interviews, and introductions to local recruiters and employers in Redwood's hiring network.

Recent Redwood Code Academy Reviews: Rating 4.59

all (61) reviews for Redwood Code Academy →

Recent Redwood Code Academy News

Read all (7) articles about Redwood Code Academy →
  • Full Stack Immersion

MongoDB, HTML, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, Mobile, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End, SQL
    LocationIrvine
    Students will learn the fundamentals of full-stack development, work in teams to build a portfolio and gain necessary skills. The program is broken up into: Software Fundamentals, Web apps and front-end development Full-stack .NET and SQL Starter Portfolio Project Capstone Portfolio Project Interview and Industry Prep
    We have partnered with SkillsFund to provide student loans
  • Part Time - Full Stack

HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, Mobile, React.js, Node.js, Front End, SQL
    LocationIrvine
    Become a software developer without quitting your day job. Learn the in's and out's of coding in 24 weeks of night classes. Industry Leading Curriculum Learn the most sought after technologies that employers are looking for. We have a focus on the .NET framework and also dig deep into web development including JavaScript. Get the same curriculum and lessons taught in our full time class, without needing to change your work schedule.
    We have partnered with SkillsFund to provide financing
  • Anna Wilson	  User Photo
    Anna Wilson • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Always been interested in web design, so I thought I’d take this course. I didn’t think it would be this challenging, though, because it covered a lot more than that. My primary interest had been the CSS part of the syllabus, but there is way more than that available to learn about. Maybe I bit off more than I could chew, but I did learn a lot from the course.
  •  Nicole K  User Photo
    Nicole K • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I wanted to learn web development and web programming, and I wanted to get the basics down to qualify or at least be prepared for the more advanced and traditional kind of learning it in college. I wasn’t prepared, but I learned everything I’d need to right here! Honestly, I think I did a lot better than expected, and the people in the class with me and the instructors were a big part of that.

•  Drake J   User Photo
    Drake J • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    | I want to say that as someone who has had prior learning and education about programming, Redwood Code is an excellent bootcamp. Even if you already had some experience and knowledge with the concepts and languages like me, their bootcamp is an amazing refresher course on things you already know and don’t know. After all, the game is always changing, and you need to make sure you’re on top of new technologies! The professors and instructors were experienced in that regard. I think I’ve cleaned up my coding quite a bit thanks to them, and I learned a lot of new updates that I probably wouldn’t have taken the time out to discover by myself.
  • Jacob V  User Photo
    Jacob V • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I wanted to join in on the app-making game and have the next big new social media platform. So I joined Redwood Code thinking, “I got this.” It turns out I didn’t “have” this. Making an app was a lot more complicated than I anticipated, especially if you consider the kind I was trying to make. But I was super impressed and amazed by how the instructors already knew the stuff I was trying to do. I like that I learned a lot from my own mistakes, and I got some fantastic insight from real professionals. I think maybe the app I’m trying to make still has a long way to go, but I am definitely on the right track by being here.

• Tristan S  User Photo
    Tristan S • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I realize that you need way more skills these days if you want to be hired for a well-paying job, especially if it’s tech-related. I lost my job due to the pandemic and decided now would be good time to try to learn something new because it would help me be a lot more competitive against the rest of the people who have lost their jobs. I joined Redwood Code because I don’t actually live that far and could commute there with no issues. This course is serious, and people do take it seriously.
  • Dixie B  User Photo
  • Eric V  User Photo
    Eric V • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
  • Trixie L  User Photo
    Trixie L • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I started as a warehouse worker, believe it or not. I just wanted to add some computer skills to my resume to get the job working the software instead; I ended up with a whole batch of new skills, so I didn’t even have to stay at my old company anymore. I like the help they give us in working on our profiles and resumes. That’s how I got my new position at another place.
  • Great program.
    - 10/28/2020
    Andrew Tan  User Photo
    Andrew Tan • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Great program. It took me a while to find a job but I was always building my skills during the mean time. Landing your first job is always the hardest but after that a lot of doors open.
  • Marlon J  User Photo
    Marlon J • Programming • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     Unlike most programming schools where they teach you, give you a project to complete, then leave you all alone to find a job, the instructors at Redwood Code Academy are very supportive. They teach more than coding. We also learn about Agile methodologies, project collaboration, and data structure. The Career Coding Fastlane team taught us how to navigate around the IT industry by helping us prepare our CVs and programming portfolios. They also helped us set up professional LinkedIn profiles to help us find jobs easily.