redwood-code-academy--logo

Redwood Code Academy

Irvine

Redwood Code Academy

Redwood Code Academy offers 12-week full-time, and 24-week part-time full-stack software development bootcamps in Orange County, CA. Technologies taught include HTML, CSS, Javascript, ReactJS, C# .NET Core, Node.js, SQL, MongoDB, RESTful API, AWS, Git Workflow, and Agile Development. Redwood Code Academy covers full stack software development, with a focus on web application, but also includes mobile applications, desktop applications and cloud services. The Academy focuses on real world skills training by helping students learn the fundamentals of full stack development, work in teams to build a portfolio and gain the skills necessary to interview and land a dream job.

To apply candidates should fill out an online questionnaire, schedule a visit to the Redwood campus to meet with a mentor, attend a beginner workshop, and participate in a final interview.

Upon completion of the curriculum, Redwood Code Academy provides students with career guidance including resume prep, optimization of LinkedIn and Github profiles, mock job interviews, and introductions to local recruiters and employers in Redwood's hiring network.

Recent Redwood Code Academy Reviews: Rating 4.63

all (67) reviews for Redwood Code Academy →

Recent Redwood Code Academy News

Read all (7) articles about Redwood Code Academy →
  • Full Stack Immersion

MongoDB, HTML, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, Mobile, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End, SQL
    LocationIrvine
    Students will learn the fundamentals of full-stack development, work in teams to build a portfolio and gain necessary skills. The program is broken up into: Software Fundamentals, Web apps and front-end development Full-stack .NET and SQL Starter Portfolio Project Capstone Portfolio Project Interview and Industry Prep
    We have partnered with SkillsFund to provide student loans
  • Part Time - Full Stack

HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, Mobile, React.js, Node.js, Front End, SQL
    LocationIrvine
    Become a software developer without quitting your day job. Learn the in's and out's of coding in 24 weeks of night classes. Industry Leading Curriculum Learn the most sought after technologies that employers are looking for. We have a focus on the .NET framework and also dig deep into web development including JavaScript. Get the same curriculum and lessons taught in our full time class, without needing to change your work schedule.
    We have partnered with SkillsFund to provide financing
  • Lewie J  User Photo
    Lewie J • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     If you’re looking to get hired by an IT company or get a job in a related career, this is the place to go. They have many different courses and modules to choose from; it’s just a matter of you figuring out where you want to go. The courses are also really straightforward, and you get everything you need.
  •  Mindy E  User Photo
    Mindy E • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The instructors here really helped me out. I have to admit I was struggling with the process of learning how to code since I have minimal experience working with computers. I had to get with the times.
  • Claudine P  User Photo
    Claudine P • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     I was looking for a place where I could beef up my skills to get a new role, which helped. Only part-time at first, but then I went full time when I realized the potential. I was even able to get some interviews at new places thanks to what I’ve learned from here, and it could give my career that boost that I was looking for. The instructors are helpful too.
  • Simon C  User Photo
    Simon C • Programmer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     I’d tried learning to code by myself, but I felt like I was getting nowhere. I signed up for Redwood Code Academy’s boot camp to speed things up a little. I ended up learning more in three months than I did in two years of self-study! I highly recommend RCA.
  • Denrick J  User Photo
    Denrick J • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     I didn’t have the time or resources for a four-year degree, so I decided to sign up for coding Bootcamp instead. After researching bootcamps in my area, I decided to sign up at Redwood Code Academy. It was an amazing experience, and I got much more than I expected in just 12 weeks.
  • Wilson M  User Photo
    Wilson M • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     I took the 24-week boot camp because of family commitments. I’m glad I did because I learned at my own pace without getting too stressed out. The instructors and assistants were good at explaining the lessons. I highly recommend Redwood Code Academy’s boot camp to coding newbies like myself.

• Sarah C  User Photo
    Sarah C • Software developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     Signing up for Redwood Code Academy’s boot camp is probably one of the best decisions I’ve made, career-wise. I’ve learned new skills that have opened up many opportunities for me. I’m currently a software developer at a reputable firm, and I wouldn’t have gotten this job without Redwood.

• Terrence A  User Photo
    Terrence A • Web Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     If you’re on the fence about joining Redwood Code Academy, do what I did and schedule a campus tour. You’ll get a good feel for the culture, learning environment, and people. In my case, I really liked what I saw on my visit and chose RCA over half a dozen other coding boot camps.

• Denver P  User Photo
    Denver P • Junior Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My friend had gone to Redwood Code Academy and was able to get a great job at a tech firm. After a lot of encouragement from her, I decided to sign up too. Now, a year after I graduated from bootcamp, I’ve been a junior dev for six months. I’m glad I made the leap.
  • Francis O  User Photo
    Francis O • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This was the best educational experience I’ve had in my life. Redwood Code Academy teaches the most widely used technologies like Github, HTML 5, React, and Boostrap, so you graduate with marketable skills. I can say for sure that it transformed me from someone who dabbles in coding into a well-rounded (and job-ready) software engineer.
  • Terry Jill  User Photo
    Terry Jill • Web designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     I had zero programming knowledge (I’m an English major), but I wanted to break into the tech industry. Initially, I was skeptical that a 12-week course would give me the skills needed to land a job in the field. I’m happy to say that I got offers from three companies a few months after graduation.
  • Nancy G  User Photo
    Nancy G • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     I thought that at 35, I would be too old to learn how to code. Redwood Code Academy proved me wrong. Thanks to the well-structured program and great instructors, I learned full-stack web development and gained the confidence to put my skills into practice. I now feel like a full-fledged programmer.