Redwood Code Academy
To apply candidates should fill out an online questionnaire, schedule a visit to the Redwood campus to meet with a mentor, attend a beginner workshop, and participate in a final interview.
Upon completion of the curriculum, Redwood Code Academy provides students with career guidance including resume prep, optimization of LinkedIn and Github profiles, mock job interviews, and introductions to local recruiters and employers in Redwood's hiring network.
Recent Redwood Code Academy Reviews: Rating 4.65
Recent Redwood Code Academy News
- New Year, New Career? Learning to Code in 2022!
- Getting Started in .NET: A Deep Dive with Redwood Code Academy
- How Isaac Got a Job at Microsoft after Redwood Code Academy
In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week12 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $13,500 Class size 12 Location IrvineStudents will learn the fundamentals of full-stack development, work in teams to build a portfolio and gain necessary skills. The program is broken up into: Software Fundamentals, Web apps and front-end development Full-stack .NET and SQL Starter Portfolio Project Capstone Portfolio Project Interview and Industry Prep
Deposit 250 FinancingWe have partnered with SkillsFund to provide student loans
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
In PersonPart Time24 Weeks
Deposit 250 FinancingWe have partnered with SkillsFund to provide financing
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview Yes
Redwood Code Academy Reviews
71 reviews sorted by:
- The teachers make sure you understand everything- 6/17/2021Patricia • Student • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedInWorking from home while I took on the 24-week flex course was only a little bit of a juggling act, but things worked out. What I want to highlight most was how much you could learn in a little time. The teachers make sure you understand everything and help you overcome bugs and errors in your code. You see yourself progress from basic coding to more complex systems.
- Extremely productive- 6/11/2021Homer • Student • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedInI took the 12-week immersive course, and I think I have learned more here than I have in some courses I’ve taken on computers in an actual college. The job market’s been pretty rough lately, and I thought that since everyone had time and Redwood Code Academy offered remote classes, I’d take it up. I did not make a mistake doing so. Not only have I been extremely productive during the lockdowns, but I think I’m ready to take on a new field.
- I found it very rewarding- 6/4/2021Alessia C • Student • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedInRecommending Redwood Code Academy for women trying to break into STEM. The professors never belittled me or had to mansplain to me, and they treated me like any other student they had. I have some programming experience, but I wanted to beef it up, so I took this course, and I found it very rewarding. I think my prospects for finding a great career in this field are looking good.
- It was better than I thought it would go- 5/27/2021Becky L • Student • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedInLong story short, I took a college major that didn’t end up working out. I knew there’s no time better than now to change, so I started looking into programming schools. I knew that this, at least, was a good industry with plenty of opportunities. To be clear, I WAS a business major, so coding and programming were never a thing, but I was prepared for whatever changed. Pleasantly surprised with my experience in Redwood Code Academy. It was better than I thought it would go for me. I learned things, and I feel more confident in my future now.
- Everything was comprehensive- 5/20/2021Ricky J • Graduate • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedInI heard that many higher-level openings were happening in our company for an expansion this year—but they were for jobs that required some knowledge in programming, so I signed up for Redwood Code Academy. I don’t have any coding experience, but I didn’t have as hard of a time as I thought I would during the course. Everything was comprehensive, and they covered just about every subject that I thought might be needed for the job openings that I was looking at.
- I appreciate that they have discounts for people- 5/13/2021Maricar • Graduate • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedInI took up the 24-week course at Redwood Code after I couldn’t get job prospects on my current credentials. What I enjoyed was how well the instructors could teach the students. They made everything clear and understandable, so even vets and beginners could get going. I appreciate that they have discounts for people, too; I think it goes a long way to helping someone get a fresh start.
- I’ve had. I think I’m well on the way up.- 5/6/2021Leonard E • Graduate • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedInI have been working as a desk agent for a while and decided that I wanted to go higher up the rung, but I needed some experience and know-how of the programming side of things for that. Redwood Code did just that. I took the 12-week course, and it’s by far the most rewarding 12 weeks I’ve had. I think I’m well on the way up.
- It was like I just had school all the same- 4/28/2021Brody D • Student • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedIn| I’ve always been a fan of mobile games, and my goal has been to create my own hit mobile game. I was looking for a course I can take up while taking up a different college course to do this on my own time. The 24-week course was ideal for me, it was like I just had school all the same, and I could do it outside of my college work.
- They made sure to help everyone out- 4/21/2021Samantha P • Graduate • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedInI was apprehensive about joining the course at first; being a woman in STEM is never easy, and I wasn’t sure if I was going to manage. But I found myself fitting in just fine, and the instructors were comprehensive about everything. They made sure to help everyone out, and no one got left behind.
- Gary E • Student • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedIn| I’m confident that the future will be in the cloud, and I just wanted to get ahead of the pack. I’m not getting any younger, and I thought I have to learn some new skills, so I went looking for a short course to start with. I found Redwood Code, and I was surprised how much they packed into a single course!
- Anna Wilson • Graduate • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedInAlways been interested in web design, so I thought I’d take this course. I didn’t think it would be this challenging, though, because it covered a lot more than that. My primary interest had been the CSS part of the syllabus, but there is way more than that available to learn about. Maybe I bit off more than I could chew, but I did learn a lot from the course.
- I learned everything I’d need to right here!- 4/1/2021Nicole K • Graduate • Campus: Orange County • Verified via LinkedInI wanted to learn web development and web programming, and I wanted to get the basics down to qualify or at least be prepared for the more advanced and traditional kind of learning it in college. I wasn’t prepared, but I learned everything I’d need to right here! Honestly, I think I did a lot better than expected, and the people in the class with me and the instructors were a big part of that.