redwood-code-academy--logo

Redwood Code Academy

Irvine

Redwood Code Academy

Redwood Code Academy offers 12-week full-time, and 24-week part-time full-stack software development bootcamps in Orange County, CA. Technologies taught include HTML, CSS, Javascript, ReactJS, C# .NET Core, Node.js, SQL, MongoDB, RESTful API, AWS, Git Workflow, and Agile Development. Redwood Code Academy covers full stack software development, with a focus on web application, but also includes mobile applications, desktop applications and cloud services. The Academy focuses on real world skills training by helping students learn the fundamentals of full stack development, work in teams to build a portfolio and gain the skills necessary to interview and land a dream job.

To apply candidates should fill out an online questionnaire, schedule a visit to the Redwood campus to meet with a mentor, attend a beginner workshop, and participate in a final interview.

Upon completion of the curriculum, Redwood Code Academy provides students with career guidance including resume prep, optimization of LinkedIn and Github profiles, mock job interviews, and introductions to local recruiters and employers in Redwood's hiring network.

Recent Redwood Code Academy Reviews: Rating 4.65

all (71) reviews for Redwood Code Academy →

Recent Redwood Code Academy News

Read all (7) articles about Redwood Code Academy →
  • Full Stack Immersion

MongoDB, HTML, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, Mobile, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End, SQL
    LocationIrvine
    Students will learn the fundamentals of full-stack development, work in teams to build a portfolio and gain necessary skills. The program is broken up into: Software Fundamentals, Web apps and front-end development Full-stack .NET and SQL Starter Portfolio Project Capstone Portfolio Project Interview and Industry Prep
    We have partnered with SkillsFund to provide student loans
  • Part Time - Full Stack

HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, Mobile, React.js, Node.js, Front End, SQL
    LocationIrvine
    Become a software developer without quitting your day job. Learn the in's and out's of coding in 24 weeks of night classes. Industry Leading Curriculum Learn the most sought after technologies that employers are looking for. We have a focus on the .NET framework and also dig deep into web development including JavaScript. Get the same curriculum and lessons taught in our full time class, without needing to change your work schedule.
    We have partnered with SkillsFund to provide financing
  • Patricia  User Photo
    Patricia • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
     Working from home while I took on the 24-week flex course was only a little bit of a juggling act, but things worked out. What I want to highlight most was how much you could learn in a little time. The teachers make sure you understand everything and help you overcome bugs and errors in your code. You see yourself progress from basic coding to more complex systems.
  • Homer  User Photo
    Homer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
     I took the 12-week immersive course, and I think I have learned more here than I have in some courses I’ve taken on computers in an actual college. The job market’s been pretty rough lately, and I thought that since everyone had time and Redwood Code Academy offered remote classes, I’d take it up. I did not make a mistake doing so. Not only have I been extremely productive during the lockdowns, but I think I’m ready to take on a new field.
  • Alessia C  User Photo
    Alessia C • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
     Recommending Redwood Code Academy for women trying to break into STEM. The professors never belittled me or had to mansplain to me, and they treated me like any other student they had. I have some programming experience, but I wanted to beef it up, so I took this course, and I found it very rewarding. I think my prospects for finding a great career in this field are looking good.
  • Becky L  User Photo
    Becky L • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
     Long story short, I took a college major that didn’t end up working out. I knew there’s no time better than now to change, so I started looking into programming schools. I knew that this, at least, was a good industry with plenty of opportunities. To be clear, I WAS a business major, so coding and programming were never a thing, but I was prepared for whatever changed. Pleasantly surprised with my experience in Redwood Code Academy. It was better than I thought it would go for me. I learned things, and I feel more confident in my future now.
  • Ricky J  User Photo
    Ricky J • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I heard that many higher-level openings were happening in our company for an expansion this year—but they were for jobs that required some knowledge in programming, so I signed up for Redwood Code Academy. I don’t have any coding experience, but I didn’t have as hard of a time as I thought I would during the course. Everything was comprehensive, and they covered just about every subject that I thought might be needed for the job openings that I was looking at.
  • Maricar  User Photo
    Maricar • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     I took up the 24-week course at Redwood Code after I couldn’t get job prospects on my current credentials. What I enjoyed was how well the instructors could teach the students. They made everything clear and understandable, so even vets and beginners could get going. I appreciate that they have discounts for people, too; I think it goes a long way to helping someone get a fresh start.
  •  Leonard E  User Photo
    Leonard E • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have been working as a desk agent for a while and decided that I wanted to go higher up the rung, but I needed some experience and know-how of the programming side of things for that. Redwood Code did just that. I took the 12-week course, and it’s by far the most rewarding 12 weeks I’ve had. I think I’m well on the way up.
  • Brody D  User Photo
    Brody D • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    | I’ve always been a fan of mobile games, and my goal has been to create my own hit mobile game. I was looking for a course I can take up while taking up a different college course to do this on my own time. The 24-week course was ideal for me, it was like I just had school all the same, and I could do it outside of my college work.
  • Samantha P  User Photo
    Samantha P • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was apprehensive about joining the course at first; being a woman in STEM is never easy, and I wasn’t sure if I was going to manage. But I found myself fitting in just fine, and the instructors were comprehensive about everything. They made sure to help everyone out, and no one got left behind.
  •  Gary E   User Photo
    Gary E • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    | I’m confident that the future will be in the cloud, and I just wanted to get ahead of the pack. I’m not getting any younger, and I thought I have to learn some new skills, so I went looking for a short course to start with. I found Redwood Code, and I was surprised how much they packed into a single course!
  • Anna Wilson	  User Photo
    Anna Wilson • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Always been interested in web design, so I thought I’d take this course. I didn’t think it would be this challenging, though, because it covered a lot more than that. My primary interest had been the CSS part of the syllabus, but there is way more than that available to learn about. Maybe I bit off more than I could chew, but I did learn a lot from the course.
  •  Nicole K  User Photo
    Nicole K • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I wanted to learn web development and web programming, and I wanted to get the basics down to qualify or at least be prepared for the more advanced and traditional kind of learning it in college. I wasn’t prepared, but I learned everything I’d need to right here! Honestly, I think I did a lot better than expected, and the people in the class with me and the instructors were a big part of that.