Participants do not have to have any prior experience writing code, but students are required to complete 40-60 hours of online pre-work.
PunchCode is powered by Tech Impact, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve the world. Classes are held in the Arts District in Downtown Las Vegas.
Recent PunchCode Reviews: Rating 5.0
1 review sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
PunchCode is great for people who love learning at an extremely fast pace. My experience is that it was one of the hardest things I've done in my life, mentally. This is the only coding bootcamp in Vegas picked up from a previous bootcamp that closed called "Iron Yard". Their were two teachers. Those being Mike and Ryan. They have been the best teachers and mentors I've ever had. They were very understanding at how hard this is and they have a sincere passion for teaching. The course material teaches you everything you need to know about being a developer. They teach you how to teach yourself and they help you along the way. Afterwards, you have to look for a job. The teachers here are very well known throughout the Vegas tech community and they will help you find a job along the way as long as you are actively applying. Last thing I would like to add is that the teachers will always be an open resource to use and will never just throw you out once you graduate.