product-gym-logo

Product Gym

Austin, Los Angeles, New York City, Online, San Francisco

Product Gym

Product Gym is an exclusive membership association dedicated to the advancement of product managers, providing an exclusive community for networking, skills-building, and career acceleration. Located in New York City, Product Gym offers 30 - 45 hours of in-person instruction taught by a lead instructor and subject matter expert. Covering the product development lifecycle, from ideation to release and maintenance, members learn the skills needed to excel in product management. These trainings include learning how to create a product roadmap, conducting business and market analysis, defining an MVP, evaluating OKRs and KPIs, wireframing, prototype testing, and building stakeholder consensus.

The Product Gym community offers aspiring Product Managers multiple networking, career acceleration, and coaching development channels, all designed to help members and contribute to the community. Applicants do not need to have a base knowledge of product management as Product Gym teaches content to beginners. Professionals with at least 3+ years of relevant working experience looking to make a career transition are welcome to apply.

These trainings are designed to develop members’ hands-on product management skills and equip professionals with the best education and job-hunting strategies. Product Gym’s primary instructors are product management fanatics dedicated to sharing the best of their industry knowledge. Instructors hold senior product management positions at top tech companies such as Google, LinkedIn, and Spotify. Upon completion of Product Gym’s trainings, members will be awarded a Certificate of Product Management.

Recent Product Gym Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (385) reviews for Product Gym →

Recent Product Gym News

• Product Management

Product Management
      LocationOnline, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Austin, New York City
      Refund / GuaranteeConditional 30 day refund policy.
      ScholarshipConditional $500 scholarships. Contact us for more information.
      Minimum Skill Level3 years of professional experience. Product Management experience not required.
    • Product Manager
      - 4/28/2019

I was looking to change my career from program manager to product manager, Product Gym's curriculum provided me a good guideline to follow to make the transition happen. It's an agressive 6 week program where a lot of work is done by the student however you get plenty of help from Rich, Cody, Product Gym's wonderful staff and fellow students. They gave you honest feedback on your interview skills and how you approach the case assignment that really help you learn, adapt and get better in a short timeframe. The student community from Product Gym is an excellent source of inspiration, advices and ideas. Within 3 months, I was able to get at least one offer and I learned so much during the process from the curriculum and made a few friends along the way. Highly Recommend!!

• Trust The Process!
      - 4/28/2019
      Anonymous • Product Manager • Graduate

I had read about Product Gym and was on the fence, so I decided to go to an event that they held on interviewing for PM jobs. The straightforward attitude, reframing of the job search process and concrete skills that I learned, along with speaking to other students in the cohort intrigued me. I scheduled a consultation with Rich. He was a bit full on, but what he said made so much sense. He managed to intuit all my hesitations and the information he provided encouraged me to move forward. I was sold.

It has been an incredible experience. Having working professionals in the field teach the classes gives a window into real world, day to day product management. Often in classes, you get an academic, idealized overview of a discipline rather than the down and dirty reality.  This is the nitty gritty.

One thing that Product Gym does differently than anyone else is the focus on the job search. I have been in my job for a decade and the process has changed so much since the last time I was looking. PG helped me completely rebrand myself (resume, LinkedIn, cover letter, pitch) and their methodology for applying has resulted in more interviews/phone screens than I thought possible.  I have gained so much confidence as I have moved through the process and have learned how to better present myself. Having industry pros walk us through how to navigate interview questions on engineering, UX, data science,  case studies, etc. has been incredibly helpful.

Be prepared to work HARD and be pushed out of your comfort zone. This process is not for the faint of heart. There is a lot to do and learn but it is worth it. I have shared this journey with my fellow students in the cohort and their support has been invaluable.  Being able to have that camaraderie and knowledge sharing has really helped me to balance everything.

I feel very lucky to have found Product Gym. I needed a major kick in the butt to get organized with my job search. Rich & Cody have provided that. Sharing my application & interview totals with my peers has kept me accountable. Weekly coaching calls have also helped me focus on what I need to improve and have provided valuable advice.  The fact that the curriculum is regularly updated and you can continue to attend classes is a huge plus. At PG, there is a saying: “Trust the process.” And that is spot on. If you stick to the process, you will succeed. I highly recommend Product Gym. It is worth every penny.

I had been unsuccessfully trying to land PM interview, not even job offers just first round interviews, for about a year. I took a Product School course to help with my problem but the course's efficacy is next to nothing.  All the information in the PS curriculum could be easily found by Google searching and at a fraction of the cost. Product School offers absolutely no support after your course is over, other than having the elite privilege of accessing the chaotic, wild wild west Product School Slack group.  I want my money back.
      The Product Gym experience and results are night and day compared to Product School. Product Gym's curriculum content is something I'm constantly revisiting. It is practical information from domain experts. I'm referring to other content created by other PMs of course, but also from technical leads, UX experts, product marketers, data scientists, and engineers. All classroom sessions are recorded for you to review whenever you need. All the content is continuously iterated on, much like a product, and modifications are made on a month-to-month basis.
      Within a week of starting Product Gym I landed my first, first round interview. Within 3 weeks, I landed my first PM offer. Rich and the Product Gym team are incredibly focused on providing practical strategies to get your foot in the door and beyond. They are grounded in the reality of the recruiting world. Rich and team not only have the domain knowledge of the PM recruiting ecosystem, but they also are relentless in their persistence and determination get you the job. They will push you when you feel overwhelmed or slack off. They actually give a shit.

• Fantastic!
      - 4/25/2019

PG not only provides a great training in overall product management education but also helps you navigate the
      entire interview process and increase your chance of landing that dream job SIGNIFICANTLY. Let's face it, the
      hiring process has been so different nowadays. Just because you have the PM experience doesn't guarantee
      that you can get that dream job in PM. PG fills that gap. It hand-holds you thru the training and the hiring process.
      Rich and Cody are amazing at what they do! You will not regret taking this course.

• Overall Experience:

There are lots of product management bootcamps in new york city right now. Basically all of them will teach you the knowledge a PM needs to have. But Cody and Rich are keeping us on the track to land a PM job and pushing us all the time. Also, I love the community here. Everyone in my cohort collaborated a lot after class, communicated our interview experiences and shared reading resources.

• Great Service
      - 4/15/2019

I am happy o write this review and spread the love about Product Gym. They have the right ingredients to be successful and provide the right content to future learners. if you don't believe me just go and check out the Blogs and their video contents. I highly recommend Product Gym

• Anonymous • Product Manager • Graduate

Rich and Cody and team have figured it out. All you need to do is show up and do the work.  The jobs are out there, but with PM it seems like we all need to be tweaking our job search approach in order to be successful in getting them. Rich and Cody have figured this out. The time and effort are worth it - but don't go in thinking you can blow off any part of the course or "homework". Do it all - and the job will be there. For me, it was within 6 weeks.

I really want to give a big shout out to Rich and Cody for making it happen for me. These guys are amazing. I met Rich in December when he was on his business trip to Los Angeles. I immediately gravitated to his energy as I could tell that he really knew what he was talking about. I have been consulting overseas for a sometime now and have been trying desperately to get back to the states. I had much of the necessary experience; but found that recruiters and hiring teams were constantly giving me the run around. I don’t know why that is but I found that to be really annoying. I was feeling really confused and defeated at the same time. I didn’t know what to do, until I met Rich.

He walked me through the entire process, pointed out the holes in my game, and provided me with immediately action steps. Furthermore, he gave me the confidence I need to knock down these interviews. I am a little older in my career and Rich CONVINCED me that was not my problem. He got me focused and ready to go.

I landed interviews at Google, Facebook, Wayfair, and Amazon.

Trust the process and you can go as far as you want. Believe me.  Until now, I am being hounded by large brand name companies without even applying to them

• Anonymous • Sales Manager • Graduate

I attended the Product Management course at Product School in San Francisco. Their course was informative, but I was not able to land a job after finishing the course and needed help generating interviews. I found out about Product Gym through a Product School classmate. Even though they are based in NYC; I wanted to send them a message to see if they were planning on expanding out here to the west coast.

To my surprise I found that they have been supporting students remotely from all over the world. I took advantage of this opportunity and sure enough, Product Gym did not disappoint. Learning how to generate and convert interviews was what took this course over the top. They helped me generate 3-5 interviews a week within 3 weeks after I enrolled. They showed me how to polish up my pitch, and their student portal provided me with tons of insight for interviews, and even helped me transition to the next rounds. Even in the 3rd to 4th round interviews, Product Gym was still able to guide me along, informing me how to answer certain questions, and even how to negotiate my salary. They have the interview process broken down bit by bit. Rich operates like a f%^&ing surgeon. I mean it people! Rich knows the process better than anyone else alive, because he actually has a technical recruiting background. I am doing more interviews right now than I can even count and it feels great to have a team of coaches and community that is rallying behind me.

Pros: Support, Support, Support

Cons: I wish I can have more time with Rich. This guy is a wealth of information; he really should write a book.

Final thoughts, DO NOT TAKE YOUR TIME with Rich and Cody for granted. These lads are getting busier (as they should be), so have your questions ready to go. I am so excited for him to come out to SF!!!

• Anonymous • Freelance Web Designer • Graduate

I am so happy that I took this course. Be advised, this course is no joke. They will get down to business and start working you even before the classes start and give you the opportunity work on your skills hands on immediately to get that job!. As long as you put in the time and effort, they will reciprocate and coach you every step of the way, also they will provide feedback almost immediately and show that they want you to succeed and guide you to the next step in mastering the art of interviewing. Product Gym is definitely the way to go on embarking on your journey into Product Management

Pros: Work intensive, coaches definitely want you to succeed.

Cons: Work intensive

• amazing results
      - 12/14/2018
      Anonymous • Product Manager • Student

Results driven is the key. They do not disappoint. I have been working with Rich and Cody for two months, and what I have learned has helped me land a position I desired and changed my perspective of my professional life the most positive way. I highly recommend speaking to them if you are seeking or want to get a new product manager position. Their process works! The weekly classes rock, they have very good guest speakers as well!

• Anonymous • Web Developer • Graduate

I heard about Product Gym from Switchup and the reviews are great. Once signed up, they immediately put me to work even before classes started to give you a jumpstart on the course. This course is intense but was necessary to hone your skills in landing that Product Management job. There is constant feedback and trial and error but the instructors are more than capable on leading you towards the right direction. The things you will learn in this course will exponentially benefit you in landing that Product Management job.

Pros: lots of leaders in this company that are willing to guide you

Cons: Very honest and can be a little overwhelming, but good for your benefit