presales-academy-logo

PreSales Academy

PreSales Academy

PreSales Academy (PSA) is a 8-week, part-time online tech sales bootcamp. PSA students will learn through live online instruction, group, and self-paced activities. Classes meet two times per week between 4:00-5:30pm PST. The mission of PreSales Academy is to make tech jobs accessible to people from all backgrounds, for a more diverse and inclusive future.

PSA students will be prepared for B2B technology sales functions, including product demonstrations, technical configuration, and collaboration with internal product and engineering teams. PSA students will also learn soft skills, including effective communication, project management, relationship building, agile organization, reliability, efficiency, and problem solving. No cold calling or negotiation are required in this type of tech sales role.

No prior experience or college degree is required to apply for PreSales Academy.

PreSales Academy offers students career support, such as resume and interview support. Students will have access to fast-tracked hiring with partner companies as well as an expansive network of PreSales professionals. PreSales Academy students will receive a certificate of completion.

Students can choose to either pay upfront tuition or enroll in PreSales Academy’s Income Share Agreement program where they will pay back the tuition only after graduating the program and landing a job earning $75,000/year or more. The Income Share Agreement option is 10% of a graduate’s monthly income capped at $11,000 total or 14 months of payments (whichever comes first).

Recent PreSales Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (8) reviews for PreSales Academy →

Recent PreSales Academy News

• August Cohort: Sales Engineer Bootcamp

Salesforce, Sales
    Start Date August 22, 2022
    PreSales students will be prepared for B2B technology sales functions, including product demonstrations, technical configuration, and collaboration with internal product and engineering teams. PreSales students will also learn soft skills, including effective communication, project management, relationship building, agile organization, reliability, efficiency, and problem solving. No cold calling or negotiation are required in this sector of tech sales. Classes meet 2-3 times per week between 4:00-6:00 pm PST.
    Tuition PlansUpfront and ISA payment options.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo previous experience or college degree required to apply.
    August 22, 2022 - Online
  • Felix Navarrete  User Photo
    Felix Navarrete • Solutions Consultant @ Gainsight • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    PreSales Academy was personally and professionally the best decision I made in my life. I landed an amazing job (Solutions Consultant) with an amazing company (Gainsight!!!) in less than 3 months upon completion. I came from a non-traditional background in construction (AEC sector), and by following the steps laid out by PSA I was able to break into tech industry. Don't let the part-time aspect of PSA be misleading. This academy will make you dig deep and encourage you to constantly be learning/growing/networking. I was enrolled in the first co-hort and thought PSA nailed it! Thank you Yuji Higashi and James Kaikis for giving me a chance to be apart of the PreSales Academy. Forever grateful!!!
  • Sales Engineer
    - 1/13/2022
    Laura F.  User Photo
    Laura F. • Sales Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    If you are looking to break into Presales as a Sales Engineer then this program is for you. My background was in Customer Success and I tried to interview on my own for SE roles, but I was getting rejected after the demo stage. The program pairs you with a coach and a mentor. The coach is the one that you do each demo with and they give you feedback and grades for each one; the idea is that you get better with each live demo; they also act as a mentor while you are in the program ( and after). Solutions/Sales Engineering is all about the demo. Throughout the course, we had 10 demos that we did live and recorded with our coach and peers so, at the very least, you will leave this program knowing how to demo software. Another positive thing about the program is the hiring partners. I received a job offer a month after the program ended due to being introduced to a variety of hiring managers at different companies affiliated with the program. Another amazing aspect of the program is the networking. The sessions and workshops are run by actual sales engineers, so there's a connection to all of those people, but the demo sessions were run by Great Demo! & 2Win! (two widely recognized training programs in Presales Industry) which you can reference on your resume and Linkedin. Overall, I enjoyed the program and left with a complete understanding of the ins and outs of the role and a pipeline of opportunities to explore.
  • Participant
    - 1/3/2022
    Kelli Leeman  User Photo
    Kelli Leeman • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was please to be part of the inaugural group of students with PreSales Academy. Thanks to the excellently designed coursework, the familial camaraderie between participants and coaches, and the great networking, I landed a job one month after graduation. My coach was integral to my success: thanks to his extremely helpful constructive feedback and continuous coaching, I was confident in my application to my job and the subsequent vetting process. I am pleased to have made professional and personal connections through PSA as well as grown and stretched myself professionally through this experience. I would suggest PSA to anyone who wants a fresh take on their career!
    - 12/28/2021
    Ryan Gartner  User Photo
    Ryan Gartner • Associate Sales Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Applied and joined the PreSales Academy based on a referral from a friend.  I am so happy that I did!  The instructors, the lessons, the coaching, and the training helped me land a position as an Associate Sales Engineer soon after graduation.  I would definitely recommend if you are looking for a career change.
  • Jace  User Photo
    Jace • Associate Solutions Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had a great overall experience with PreSales Academy and I highly recommend to anyone who is new to PreSales and ultimately landing a role in PreSales. I was part of the inaugural cohort of PSA, and it will only get better in the future. The instructor and the coaches are very helpful with job searching and interviewing. Can't wait to see what the future holds for PSA!
  • Sales Engineer
    - 5/25/2022
    Juan Vasquez
    I honestly can't say enough about this course.  I was very skeptical going in and almost convinced myself to not go through with joining the program. But ultimately figured that I would look at it as an investment and hope for the best.

My experience was amazing. Actually today is the last day of my 2 month crash course to becoming a Sales Engineer.  My background is 15 years as a school social worker with a passion for people and technology.  PreSales Academy helped me understand what goes into a successful presentation (demo) so that I can use this skill during interviews.  The program has several guest speakers who all have been wonderful and have years of experience in this field.  You are also paired with a seasoned coach and mentor (volunteers) that help prepare you and stay with you indefinitely.  My plan is to stay connected with my pair for years to come.

Lastly the cohort becomes a resource all of its own. With so many talented people pushing each other and sharing ideas and methods,  I can't thank my group members enough.  We all came in anxious and oblivious to the challenges we were going to be facing together during 2 months of hands on training. We leaned on each other and I'll likely remain in contact with this group well after completing the course.

I started looking for employment 1 week ago but others in my cohort started sooner. I have been pleased with the level of attention PSA provides me with and the attention to detail they gave my resume.  I am 100% convinced that they will support me throughout my career. I simply can't wait to pay it forward.
  • Alex Woo • Solution Engineer @ Slack • Graduate
    The PreSales Academy was a really incredible experience. The content, coaches, mentors and external speakers elevated this program like nothing I've taken before, as everyone was extremely engaged. Best part overall is the network you'll gain and the support to go alongside your job search!
  • Kevin • Solutions Consultant • Graduate
    I just completed PreSales Academy. It gave me a good overview of the industry and prepared me to interview and land a job!