pipeline-data-engineering-academy-logo

Pipeline Data Engineering Academy

Berlin

Pipeline Data Engineering Academy

Pipeline Data Engineering Academy offers a 12-week, online, full-time immersive data engineering bootcamp. Bootcamp students will learn logs, databases, 3rd party APIs, scraping, Google Analytics, ad-blocking, AWS, GCP, Azure, Python, and OS tools, such as Snowflake, SQS, Kinesis, PubSub, and Kafka. Students will also learn DAG, Airflow, Dbt, Dagster, Mara, Night-shift, and SaaSolutions. Data Engineering students will learn PostgreSQL, RedShift, Presto, and Clickhouse. Bootcamp students will learn principles of data warehousing and computation, such as dimension conformance, consolidation, indexing, distribution, partitioning, precomputation, and query blueprints. The curriculum covers VMs, Kubernetes, GitHub, NoSQL, Flask, and Shiny.

The Pipeline Data Engineering Academy bootcamp is ideal for those who are currently working as Data Analysts, Software Engineers, Data Scientists, and Product Managers. However, any interested applicants are welcome to apply. Those with no experience can complete a 2-week prep work to prepare for the bootcamp.

Recent Pipeline Data Engineering Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (7) reviews for Pipeline Data Engineering Academy →

Recent Pipeline Data Engineering Academy News

• Data Engineering

LocationBerlin
      The 12-week bootcamp covers the most relevant and essential data and software engineering topics that enable graduates to start their journey as a professional data engineer. The first two weeks are about mastering the expected preliminary knowledge required for the rest of the course. Prepwork happens individually and remotely (i.e. from your home) based on a curated guided tour of nonproprietary online courses that focus on laying the groundwork for the most fundamental tools. The two final days of the prepwork module are about implementing a homework project in order to put the newly acquired skills directly to use. The 10 weeks that follow are conducted on-site at our campus and require full-time presence (9-17h, except for Friday where WFH is encouraged). Together with your fellow students you are going to solve problems and write code on a daily basis in a setting that resembles a real-life software engineering environment. In parallel to the main theme of each week, the schedule includes slots for career coaching and communication training, and sessions with guest speakers from Berlin-based data startups to broaden your horizon when it comes to the data engineering landscape that surrounds you. The final week is about building your own data product to prove your state-of-the-art competencies. Bootcamp students will learn logs, databases, 3rd party APIs, scraping, Google Analytics, ad-blocking, AWS, GCP, Azure, Python, and OS tools, such as Snowflake, SQS, Kinesis, PubSub, and Kafka. Students will also learn DAG, Airflow, Dbt, Dagster, Mara, Night-shift, and SaaSolutions. Data Engineering students will learn PostgreSQL, RedShift, Presto, and Clickhouse. Bootcamp students will learn principles of data warehousing and computation, such as dimension conformance, consolidation, indexing, distribution, partitioning, precomputation, and query blueprints. The curriculum covers VMs, Kubernetes, GitHub, NoSQL, Flask, and Shiny.
      Tuition Planshttps://www.dataengineering.academy/financing-scholarships
      Scholarshiphttps://www.dataengineering.academy/financing-scholarships
      Minimum Skill LevelIdeal for those who are currently working as Data Analysts, Software Engineers, Data Scientists, and Product Managers. However, any interested applicants are welcome to apply.
      Prep WorkThose with no experience can complete a 2-week prep work to prepare for the bootcamp.
    • Patrycja  User Photo
      Patrycja • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      From all courses and bootcamps I considered before joining, Pipeline Academy offers the most convincing curriculum and after finishing the course I'm totally happy about my decision making.
      The course covers many different topics and tools and is a good starting point for getting into data engineering, but most importantly, it teaches critical thinking and decision making, when it comes to choosing tools from the vast amount of options.
      Daniel is not only a great and motivated teacher but also an experienced data engineer so his know-how adds immense value to the taught material, supported by Peter, who is always there to help in the job search and job application process. In addition, the great guest speakers provide valuable insights into the daily job of a data engineer.
      Having a background in mechanical engineering and some experience in scripting and python, at the end of the bootcamp I was able to accomplish a running data pipeline on my own and have now a clear picture of where to put my focus on to continue learning. Furthermore, the course enabled me to gain confidence in resolving data engineering tasks independently and increased the number of responses to my applications as a data engineer.
      Monday, Oct 25 2021
      Patrycja,

Thank you for choosing Pipeline Academy, and congratulations for mastering the course in such an impressive fashion. Best of luck to you for the future - and stay in touch! :)

• Tomek  User Photo
      Tomek • Data Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       I'm writing this review three months after the bootcamp, with a signed  contract for a position of Data Engineer laying on my desk. The salary is higher than I hoped for before joining and I could've landed the job sooner if I didn't go on a holiday after.
      This could be the end of the review, but I'll add a few more details.

Before joining I had some experience in software engineering and product, I decided to move into the data world and couldn't have imagined a better start.
      The 3-months of the bootcamp were the most shaping and career boosting experience I've had so far. It was definitely intensive, but couldn't be otherwise, with the vast area of topics that are there to cover. The approach Peter and Daniel take might draw some questions at first, as it's not concentrated on constant programming exercises where you learn specific solutions to specific problems but instead it goes way beyond that which didn't feel natural. You learn about the vast array of tools available, but most importantly how to judge and assess them. You learn how to get into a completely new tool and solve a problem with it completely by yourself.  You learn the importance of pragmatism in the tech world and become more critical in how to claims made by companies and people (spoiler: there's a lot of bs being thrown your way daily).  You learn about all the technical areas related to Data Engineering week after week and can work on problems related to those and speak about them. Most importantly you build the confidence to stand on your own in this complex world of data and know how to move further. Also, thanks to the great career coaching you learn your value (at least I did) and can grow in confidence speaking with companies which leads to a lot of interviews, you just have to follow their advice.
      Friday, Sep 10 2021
      Tomek,

Thank you for choosing Pipeline Academy and thanks for your kind words! We're more than proud to have such positive and curious people like you within our alumni. Best of luck to you in you new role - and stay in touch! :)

• Amy  User Photo
      Amy • Data Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I had done a lot of online courses related to Data Engineering but it always felt like I didn't learn enough to land a job as a Data Engineer, so I decided to sign up for the Data Pipeline Academy Bootcamp and it was the best decision ever. Despite learning online during the entire Bootcamp because of the Corona situation, I felt like I was at a table with my classmates, we learned a lot of topics with real examples and hands-on exercises. Also my coaches Daniel and Peter were always there to help and takes us to the next level with technical and career coaching. In my 11th week, I landed a job as a Data Engineer and couldn't be happier about it. I totally recommend the Bootcamp for someone who wants to dig deeper into Data engineering topics.
      Amy,

Thank you for choosing Pipeline Academy and thanks for being part of our amazing founding cohort. Best of luck to you for the future - and stay in touch! :)

• Rinze • Graduate
      I participated in the first cohort of this course and I was surprised at the level at which Pipeline Academy operates. Instead of just learning you a set of tricks of how to perform certain tasks, they go way beyond that and make you think about the why and how. By focusing on the underlying concepts, their approach enables you to handle (not just current) techniques, but it also sets you up for future tools. One point of note is that the field of data engineering is too big to fully go in depth of individual tools in 3 months. However, I feel this course has spring loaded me to tackle all sorts of data engineering problems and will prepare you for successful job applications.
      Rinze,

• Guoda • Graduate
      I joined this course having little knowledge of programming languages or data architectures. My aim was to learn best practices for different data architecture setups and have confidence when working on variety of IT projects. In this course I gained so much more than the knowledge about data architecture. I learned the generic approach of how to move forward in the unknown technical field, how to tackle bugs, how to separate good products from confusing ones. All the courses that I had done in the past gave me an illusion that I am learning successfully. In reality I was not able to implement my knowledge because of unsuccessful tech environment setup. After this bootcamp I know how to keep persisting to make things work. I am now able to consult companies on their data processes, do much more efficient analysis, and even build simple but important solutions.

The key drawback was the time limitation, the pace was really quick and sometimes I wish we had more time to finish tasks. But on the bright side, now I know many tools and can come back to them with confidence when I want.
      Guoda,

Thank you for choosing Pipeline Academy and thanks for being part of our amazing founding cohort. What a journey it was! Best of luck to you for the future - and stay in touch! :)

• Michele • Student
      When I decided to join Pipeline, I already knew it would not be the easiest school. But with the right attitude, motivation and following the guide of the experienced instructors I was able to turn myself into a data engineer. I was surprised about myself after I could develop my first data product end to end. I could learn about the different tools that are needed and apply them to real life data projects. If I would hesitate to apply for a data engineering position in the past, I am confident now that, after completion of the course, I feel like a good data engineer candidate and well equipped to succeed in the new chapter of my professional career.
      Michele,

• Lisa
      I could not decide whether to begin one of the well-known Data Science courses or to be part of the founding cohort of this Data Engineering Bootcamp. In the end I’ve chosen Pipeline Academy because I wanted to learn how to bring data products to life, from end to end.
      After graduation I am totally able to apply for Data Engineering or similar positions. I know about the tools, have tried them during the course or at least know how to learn or replace the „fast-fashion“ ones among them.
      I cannot imagine how amazing this course will be after the pandemics on site!
      Lisa,