growthx-academy-logo

GrowthX Academy

Dallas, Nashville, Online, San Francisco

GrowthX Academy

GrowthX Academy offers online training courses for individuals who want to level up or transition into a career in Growth Marketing, UX Design, or Sales and Business Development. The Growth Marketing Customer Acquisitions course is a self-paced, online, 8-week course covering customer acquisition, discovery techniques, analytics, technology self-sufficiency, and more. The UX Design course is a self-paced, online, 12-16-week course covering UX foundations, design research, design structure, and UI design. The Sales and Business Development course is self-paced, online, and covers business acumen, lean startups, unit economics, customer psychology, sales models, and more. Classes are taught by entrepreneurs, founders, business owners and investors who teach useful skills, mindsets, and frameworks for today’s competitive environment. GrowthX Academy students learn from a dynamic curriculum which they get lifetime access to.

To apply for GrowthX courses, applicants should talk to an enrollment advisor, audit a class (optional), and talk with an instructor. Once the team has assessed if the applicant is a good fit, the applicant will then fill out an enrollment agreement. No previous experience is needed, but GrowthX is looking for committed students who are enthusiastic about technology, but not necessarily to code.

Graduates receive personal and professional branding, and hands-on experience working alongside real companies like Alma Box, Cleanify, and Loverly. Students also benefit from immersion into the network of student peers, instructors, mentors, events, startups and investors. Throughout the course, students work with mentors and a career coach through the GrowthX Academy Career Canvas Funnel™, which helps match students with jobs that fit their goals. If students are unsatisfied with the course after 30 days, they can get a full refund.

Recent GrowthX Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (31) reviews for GrowthX Academy →

Recent GrowthX Academy News

• Growth Marketing

Digital Marketing, Sales, Growth Hacking, SEO, Ruby, SQL
    Recognized as one of the Top 6 Growth programs globally, the Growth Marketing Program at GrowthX Academy is offered online for easy access by students anywhere in the world. While remote, you will interact with instructors, mentors, and companies while learning the tools and tactics to build a sustainable growth strategy at an early to mid-stage technology company. GrowthX Academy has an extensive network of entrepreneurs, companies, world-class mentors and instructors, along with industry events all designed to make sure you get the job you’ll love. The Growth Marketing curriculum includes: Paid and Organic Acquisition Competitive Marketing Strategy SQL Data Analysis Messaging and Copywriting Technical Marketing Conversion Rate Optimization How to be Creative Wireframing and Product Management Personal and Career Development
    Tuition PlansSave $250 by paying up front, or pay $500 /month for 4 months. Each choice is available instantly at checkout.
    Refund / Guarantee30 day, 100% refund if you're unsatisfied.
    Scholarship1 available per month, contact us for details.
    Minimum Skill LevelAt least 1+ years experience working at a technology company.
  • Sales & Business Development

Sales
    The Sales and Business Development Program at GrowthX Academy is offered either online or in-person at Galvanize in San Francisco. You will interact with peers, instructors, mentors, and companies while learning the tools and tactics to become a tech sales and business development leader. GrowthX Academy has an extensive network of entrepreneurial companies, world-class mentors and instructors, along with weekly industry events all designed to make sure you get the job you’ll love at a company you’ll love working for.
    For more information on downpayment and student loan options, Talk to a Financing Specialist.
  • UX Design

Design, User Experience Design
    The UX Design Program at GrowthX Academy is an immersive 12-week experience offered either online or in-person at Galvanize in San Francisco. You will interact with peers, instructors, mentors, and companies while learning the tools and tactics to become a tech sales and business development leader. GrowthX Academy has an extensive network of entrepreneurial companies, world-class mentors and instructors, along with weekly industry events all designed to make sure you get the job you’ll love at a company you’ll love working for. The GrowthX Academy curriculum domains include Human Centered Design | Psychology of Design | User/Design Research Methods | UX Design and Usability Principles | Iterative Design | Sketching | Wireframing and Prototyping | Usability Testing Methods | Lean Startup Methodology and Lean UX | Personal and Career Development and much more!
    Minimum Skill LevelWriting skills

• Laris Orman  User Photo
    Laris Orman • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was just like you six months ago;  Feeling frustrated with my career, not wanting to change companies for fear that it'll be more of the same and then randomly found myself reading reviews of "tech bootcamps."

Just like you, I wanted a new career, a new challenge, a way to level up without dropping everything for two years and paying $80-100K for grad school.

What attracted me to GrowthX Academy was their consultative approach to recruiting me to their program.

They focused on my needs, desires and what I hope to achieve through the program.  I wanted to switch from inside sales to marketing.  And yes I couldv'e done this on my own, but I wanted to learn and acquire skills from actual industry professionals that have skin in the game.

My experience at GrowthX  was amazing.  In the end, you have to take calculated risks to get to where you want to eventually be.  I now have a great network and knowledge that I didn't have before.

• Alec  User Photo
    Alec • Growth Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    If you go to school for marketing, they'll teach you things like How To Make A Powerpoint and Potential Customers Go Down When Prices Goes Up.

If you take this course for marketing, you'll learn dozens of actually applicable things, like How To Setup a Passive Income Referral SEO Play and How To Use Javascript to Find Leads.

I had experience in both marketing and software engineering going into this course and was still quite pleasantly surprised at the depth of knowledge, ingenuity, and problem solving frameworks that Ryan shares.

It's like having a talented CMO who knows you and cares about you and invests in your personal development for a full year. Except it's fast, and now, and if you've ever reported to a CMO you know what the likelihood of that happening in the wild is.

Do the napkin math - what's the delta between your current Future Earnings Potential and what it could be if you could run a half dozen channels seamlessly?
  • Noah Brinker  User Photo
    Noah Brinker • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I’ve had a bit of experience in Marketing, but this course offers a depth and quality that you can’t really find anywhere else.

I decided to take this course because I wanted to level up my marketing skills and prepare for running my own business. Not only did I get extremely deep knowledge in key areas of growth marketing, but I was able to hear first hand experience from Ryan and how he’s implemented a lot of the strategies he covers in the course. This can be especially valuable if you have a specific business or project you’re trying to grow right now.

Ryan was extremely responsive and helpful throughout the course, which encouraged me to continue learning and applying through each lesson.

I can’t recommend this course enough.
  • Arthur De Roey  User Photo
    Arthur De Roey • Graduate Verified via GitHub

First I was sceptical. Another marketing course, what does this teacher even know that I cannot find out by myself?
    Then I looked up the results the teacher had before: a successful career as a start-up founder, before that in marketing, worked as a venture capitalist, and successful private equity investor...
    Ok, I thought: so this teacher must know a thing.
    But it wasn't all theory.
    No, this time it wasn't one of those boring lecture courses. Not like the ones you get in school.
    Hands-on coaching, with real-time feedback, and practical exercercises made it all the more worthwhile.
    Being challenged beyond your comfortzone, beyond ideas what you consider possible.
    Beyond the definition of a traditional marketer.
    This course gives you the creative, the theory, AND the technical skills required to succeed in today's digital growth hacking environment.
    After completing this course, I was able to take away essential coding skills, data science languages that I never imagined I would be able to make my own, and then use this insight to make better decisions, complement my creative gut feeling with insights derived from data. Ultimately, I feel like I'm able to drive clicks and traffic to future SaaS companies I will work with.

• Grow(th) with Ryan
    - 7/13/2019
    Niklas  User Photo
    Niklas • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This is not just a course about making money fast — this course teaches you to think and re-think ideas and come up with strategic marketing decisions for your business. Ryan is a one of a kind person, markerter, programmer and teacher and leader. I enjoyed this course to the fullest and I am looking forward to learning from the upcoming updated content. Thank you Ryan!

• Manuel  User Photo
    Manuel • Student Verified via GitHub

I decided to take this course because I wanted to up my marketing game and fill a gap in my skill set. I have to admit it wasn't an easy decision to pay almost $2,000 for a course (the most I've ever paid), but now I can say it was totally worth it. The curriculum is top notch but above everything else Ryan, the instructor, is INCREDIBLY helpful and available. 10/10 recommended to everyone who wants to learn "how to marketing".

• Allison Crady  User Photo
    Allison Crady • UX Research Analyst @GoogleMaps • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

If you want to work in UX, this course provides a great kick-starter curriculum to help you hit the ground running. Ambitious, self-starter students will have numerous resources at their disposal. When I took this bootcamp, I was immediately welcomed into a community of tech professionals. Julia DeBari, lead UX instructor, went out of her way to make sure all of the students were successful.

I moved from Nashville to San Francisco because I wanted to work on products that would shape our future. The GrowthX Academy bootcamp was an excellent kick-off for an exciting career in the tech industry. While the transition is quite difficult, I'm really grateful to Julia and the whole GrowthX team for their encouragement and patience throughout my journey to finding a job that I love!

Allison

• UX Design Student
    - 12/21/2017
    Bonnie Shih  User Photo
    Bonnie Shih • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Before discovering GrowthX Academy, I had thought about transitioning into the tech field for the longest time. I was hesistant to make the move because I was not sure how I would make the jump. After exploring multiple options and doing extensive research about the different paths I could have taken, I decided to sign up for GrowthX's UX Design track. The journey was not easy (change is never easy), but I am thankful to have chosen GrowthX Academy to help with my career transition.

I would recommend GrowthX's UX Design program to anyone who is motivated to learn and determined to grow as much possible, both professionally and personally! GrowthX Academy is great because I was able to become a part of a community. One of the most important and valuable things to me was the network that I became a part of. I think it's really important to have a group of people that can support and encourage you along your journey. I think having classmates/previous cohorts who are going through a similiar transition as you helps a lot as well. Additionally, there are many opportunities and doors that you can open when you join GrowthX. It would have been difficult to build a solid portfolio if GrowthX did not connect me with the various companies and founders that I had the opportunity to work with.

• Mark Phan  User Photo
    Mark Phan • UX Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    I did extensive research on UX programs of various platforms, including online courses, in-person, hybrid and master’s programs. I ultimately chose GrowthX Academy because it encompassed everything I wanted to learn, from research through design. What sold me on the program was the opportunity to work with actual clients solving actual business challenges for my projects. Ultimately, this hands-on experience was invaluable and helped me develop a portfolio I am proud to share.

The instructor, Julia, is extremely knowledgeable about the industry and UX processes. Her previous experience working at a variety of agency and enterprise companies enables her to relate concepts to real-world scenarios and articulate them in an easy-to-understand way. I was never afraid to ask for help because Julia and the rest of the GrowthX staff are all there to support you in your growth. The program provides much more than simply teaching you UX skills. It prepares you for a new career by providing soft skills and career-focused topics such as interviewing and networking. It is a well-rounded program and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking to make a career change into UX.
  • Graduate
    - 5/19/2017
    Shoeb  User Photo
    Shoeb • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

At Growth X Academy, Growth Marketing is synonymous to Elevation of critical skills required in todays dynamic & always changing job market. Every six months we hear about new job positions that never existed. Some of these new positions are the highest paying jobs out there in their respective fields. For example Growth Manager, Growth Hacker, Data Story Teller, Data Visualization Artist, Content Manager, SEO Specialist and so on, are titles that have emerged in the past 5-8 years and the demand for such personnel is much higher than supply.

Roles-every-marketing-organization-needs-now

Therefore the critical question is how do we equip ourselves with such a diverse skillset in the least amount of time. There are various programs at universities that superfically touch upon these skills, but a Real job requires in depth knowledge. Moreover by the time someone graduates from a university program, chances are that the market no longer needs those acquired skills. Hence it is very important to be agile and react quickly to changing needs.

Growth X Academy is the one stop shopping center for all the Technical, Business, & Social skill sets needed for professional success. As per marketing conventions, most products & services are named after either the benefit they provide or the mission the organization believes in. The Growth X Academy & Community live up to their brand and values in all respects and they truly are a catalyst for professional and personal growth.

My experience at Growth X Academy has been enjoyable and my learning curve has attained new heights in just a matter of 90 days. It was an honor to be mentored and taught by veterans in the field of entrepreneurship. Thank you Will BunkerSean Sheppard , & Hitesh Parashar for identifying the industry knowledge gaps and creating this wonderful experience; Growth X Academy.

• Founder / Musical DNA® Software  User Photo
    Founder / Musical DNA® Software • CEO • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I found GrowthX while I was researching Coding Bootcamps in SF.  Coming from a founder's mentality, I humbly admit that I had NO IDEA about the incredibly important market side of business; and, market fit, customer messaging, UX design, growth metrics and sales are absolutely imperative to any successful company.  I am now close to finishing a 3 month curiculum with GrowthX, and I can honeslty say that the knowledge, experience, and networking have been outstanding. These folks truly walk the walk.  I wouldn't trade the experience.

• Wissem R
    I'm a developer and a maker. It's great to make things but it sucks to have nobody uses them. I knew that I have to learn marketing to improve what I build and get it in front of my target audience. Somehow though I dreaded learning marketing. In my point of view, most marketers are liars. How could someone associate a romantic moment with cancer (cigarette ads) ?

Ryan course stood up to me because I like his approach to marketing. It turns out that you can be a marketer and be honest too.

In some ways, this course is similar to taking a computer science 101 course. It starts with fundamentals and builds your confidence so that you can understand how to determine your target audience and how to reach them. Unlike a computer science course though, this one is actually fun and full of practical guides that you can use right away.

Highly recommend this course if you want to get a good foundation for learning marketing.
  • Corey Haines • Student

I've taken countless Udemy courses, read all the blogs, watched all the videos, and been in the industry as a marketer for over 2 years now. Nothing matches the level of depth and quality that's offered in this course. Ryan does an excellent job of showing real-world examples, defining terms, and giving clear instructions for how something should be done. This is like a PhD in growth marketing and is well worth it for everyone. It covers everything: concepts, strategies, tactics, and even tools.

Who it's for:
    - Anyone looking to amp up skills in growth marketing
    - Marketing managers, directors, VPs
    - Tech founders who need better marketing skills

Couldn't say better things about this course. Love that it's always being updated as well.