growthx-academy-logo

GrowthX Academy

Dallas, Nashville, Online, San Francisco

GrowthX Academy

GrowthX Academy offers online training courses for individuals who want to level up or transition into a career in Growth Marketing, UX Design, or Sales and Business Development. The Growth Marketing Customer Acquisitions course is a self-paced, online, 8-week course covering customer acquisition, discovery techniques, analytics, technology self-sufficiency, and more. The UX Design course is a self-paced, online, 12-16-week course covering UX foundations, design research, design structure, and UI design. The Sales and Business Development course is self-paced, online, and covers business acumen, lean startups, unit economics, customer psychology, sales models, and more. Classes are taught by entrepreneurs, founders, business owners and investors who teach useful skills, mindsets, and frameworks for today’s competitive environment. GrowthX Academy students learn from a dynamic curriculum which they get lifetime access to.

To apply for GrowthX courses, applicants should talk to an enrollment advisor, audit a class (optional), and talk with an instructor. Once the team has assessed if the applicant is a good fit, the applicant will then fill out an enrollment agreement. No previous experience is needed, but GrowthX is looking for committed students who are enthusiastic about technology, but not necessarily to code.

Graduates receive personal and professional branding, and hands-on experience working alongside real companies like Alma Box, Cleanify, and Loverly. Students also benefit from immersion into the network of student peers, instructors, mentors, events, startups and investors. Throughout the course, students work with mentors and a career coach through the GrowthX Academy Career Canvas Funnel™, which helps match students with jobs that fit their goals. If students are unsatisfied with the course after 30 days, they can get a full refund.

Recent GrowthX Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (27) reviews for GrowthX Academy →

Recent GrowthX Academy News

• Growth Marketing

Digital Marketing, SQL, Sales, Growth Hacking, SEO, Ruby
    Recognized as one of the Top 6 Growth programs globally, the Growth Marketing Program at GrowthX Academy is offered online for easy access by students anywhere in the world. While remote, you will interact with instructors, mentors, and companies while learning the tools and tactics to build a sustainable growth strategy at an early to mid-stage technology company. GrowthX Academy has an extensive network of entrepreneurs, companies, world-class mentors and instructors, along with industry events all designed to make sure you get the job you’ll love. The Growth Marketing curriculum includes: Paid and Organic Acquisition Competitive Marketing Strategy SQL Data Analysis Messaging and Copywriting Technical Marketing Conversion Rate Optimization How to be Creative Wireframing and Product Management Personal and Career Development
    Tuition PlansSave $250 by paying up front, or pay $500 /month for 4 months. Each choice is available instantly at checkout.
    Refund / Guarantee30 day, 100% refund if you're unsatisfied.
    Scholarship1 available per month, contact us for details.
    Minimum Skill LevelAt least 1+ years experience working at a technology company.
  • Sales & Business Development

Sales
    The Sales and Business Development Program at GrowthX Academy is offered either online or in-person at Galvanize in San Francisco. You will interact with peers, instructors, mentors, and companies while learning the tools and tactics to become a tech sales and business development leader. GrowthX Academy has an extensive network of entrepreneurial companies, world-class mentors and instructors, along with weekly industry events all designed to make sure you get the job you’ll love at a company you’ll love working for.
    For more information on downpayment and student loan options, Talk to a Financing Specialist.
  • UX Design

Design, User Experience Design
    The UX Design Program at GrowthX Academy is an immersive 12-week experience offered either online or in-person at Galvanize in San Francisco. You will interact with peers, instructors, mentors, and companies while learning the tools and tactics to become a tech sales and business development leader. GrowthX Academy has an extensive network of entrepreneurial companies, world-class mentors and instructors, along with weekly industry events all designed to make sure you get the job you’ll love at a company you’ll love working for. The GrowthX Academy curriculum domains include Human Centered Design | Psychology of Design | User/Design Research Methods | UX Design and Usability Principles | Iterative Design | Sketching | Wireframing and Prototyping | Usability Testing Methods | Lean Startup Methodology and Lean UX | Personal and Career Development and much more!
    Minimum Skill LevelWriting skills

• Grow(th) with Ryan
    - 7/13/2019
    Niklas  User Photo
    Niklas • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This is not just a course about making money fast — this course teaches you to think and re-think ideas and come up with strategic marketing decisions for your business. Ryan is a one of a kind person, markerter, programmer and teacher and leader. I enjoyed this course to the fullest and I am looking forward to learning from the upcoming updated content. Thank you Ryan!

• Manuel  User Photo
    Manuel • Student Verified via GitHub

I decided to take this course because I wanted to up my marketing game and fill a gap in my skill set. I have to admit it wasn't an easy decision to pay almost $2,000 for a course (the most I've ever paid), but now I can say it was totally worth it. The curriculum is top notch but above everything else Ryan, the instructor, is INCREDIBLY helpful and available. 10/10 recommended to everyone who wants to learn "how to marketing".

• Allison Crady  User Photo
    Allison Crady • UX Research Analyst @GoogleMaps • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

If you want to work in UX, this course provides a great kick-starter curriculum to help you hit the ground running. Ambitious, self-starter students will have numerous resources at their disposal. When I took this bootcamp, I was immediately welcomed into a community of tech professionals. Julia DeBari, lead UX instructor, went out of her way to make sure all of the students were successful.

I moved from Nashville to San Francisco because I wanted to work on products that would shape our future. The GrowthX Academy bootcamp was an excellent kick-off for an exciting career in the tech industry. While the transition is quite difficult, I'm really grateful to Julia and the whole GrowthX team for their encouragement and patience throughout my journey to finding a job that I love!

Allison

• UX Design Student
    - 12/20/2017
    Bonnie Shih  User Photo
    Bonnie Shih • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Before discovering GrowthX Academy, I had thought about transitioning into the tech field for the longest time. I was hesistant to make the move because I was not sure how I would make the jump. After exploring multiple options and doing extensive research about the different paths I could have taken, I decided to sign up for GrowthX's UX Design track. The journey was not easy (change is never easy), but I am thankful to have chosen GrowthX Academy to help with my career transition.

I would recommend GrowthX's UX Design program to anyone who is motivated to learn and determined to grow as much possible, both professionally and personally! GrowthX Academy is great because I was able to become a part of a community. One of the most important and valuable things to me was the network that I became a part of. I think it's really important to have a group of people that can support and encourage you along your journey. I think having classmates/previous cohorts who are going through a similiar transition as you helps a lot as well. Additionally, there are many opportunities and doors that you can open when you join GrowthX. It would have been difficult to build a solid portfolio if GrowthX did not connect me with the various companies and founders that I had the opportunity to work with.

• Laris Orman  User Photo
    Laris Orman • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was just like you six months ago;  Feeling frustrated with my career, not wanting to change companies for fear that it'll be more of the same and then randomly found myself reading reviews of "tech bootcamps."

Just like you, I wanted a new career, a new challenge, a way to level up without dropping everything for two years and paying $80-100K for grad school.

What attracted me to GrowthX Academy was their consultative approach to recruiting me to their program.

They focused on my needs, desires and what I hope to achieve through the program.  I wanted to switch from inside sales to marketing.  And yes I couldv'e done this on my own, but I wanted to learn and acquire skills from actual industry professionals that have skin in the game.

My experience at GrowthX  was amazing.  In the end, you have to take calculated risks to get to where you want to eventually be.  I now have a great network and knowledge that I didn't have before.

• Mark Phan  User Photo
    Mark Phan • UX Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    I did extensive research on UX programs of various platforms, including online courses, in-person, hybrid and master’s programs. I ultimately chose GrowthX Academy because it encompassed everything I wanted to learn, from research through design. What sold me on the program was the opportunity to work with actual clients solving actual business challenges for my projects. Ultimately, this hands-on experience was invaluable and helped me develop a portfolio I am proud to share.

The instructor, Julia, is extremely knowledgeable about the industry and UX processes. Her previous experience working at a variety of agency and enterprise companies enables her to relate concepts to real-world scenarios and articulate them in an easy-to-understand way. I was never afraid to ask for help because Julia and the rest of the GrowthX staff are all there to support you in your growth. The program provides much more than simply teaching you UX skills. It prepares you for a new career by providing soft skills and career-focused topics such as interviewing and networking. It is a well-rounded program and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking to make a career change into UX.
  • Graduate
    - 5/19/2017
    Shoeb  User Photo
    Shoeb • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

At Growth X Academy, Growth Marketing is synonymous to Elevation of critical skills required in todays dynamic & always changing job market. Every six months we hear about new job positions that never existed. Some of these new positions are the highest paying jobs out there in their respective fields. For example Growth Manager, Growth Hacker, Data Story Teller, Data Visualization Artist, Content Manager, SEO Specialist and so on, are titles that have emerged in the past 5-8 years and the demand for such personnel is much higher than supply.

Roles-every-marketing-organization-needs-now

Therefore the critical question is how do we equip ourselves with such a diverse skillset in the least amount of time. There are various programs at universities that superfically touch upon these skills, but a Real job requires in depth knowledge. Moreover by the time someone graduates from a university program, chances are that the market no longer needs those acquired skills. Hence it is very important to be agile and react quickly to changing needs.

Growth X Academy is the one stop shopping center for all the Technical, Business, & Social skill sets needed for professional success. As per marketing conventions, most products & services are named after either the benefit they provide or the mission the organization believes in. The Growth X Academy & Community live up to their brand and values in all respects and they truly are a catalyst for professional and personal growth.

My experience at Growth X Academy has been enjoyable and my learning curve has attained new heights in just a matter of 90 days. It was an honor to be mentored and taught by veterans in the field of entrepreneurship. Thank you Will BunkerSean Sheppard , & Hitesh Parashar for identifying the industry knowledge gaps and creating this wonderful experience; Growth X Academy.

• Founder / Musical DNA® Software  User Photo
    Founder / Musical DNA® Software • CEO • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I found GrowthX while I was researching Coding Bootcamps in SF.  Coming from a founder's mentality, I humbly admit that I had NO IDEA about the incredibly important market side of business; and, market fit, customer messaging, UX design, growth metrics and sales are absolutely imperative to any successful company.  I am now close to finishing a 3 month curiculum with GrowthX, and I can honeslty say that the knowledge, experience, and networking have been outstanding. These folks truly walk the walk.  I wouldn't trade the experience.

• Corey Haines • Student

I've taken countless Udemy courses, read all the blogs, watched all the videos, and been in the industry as a marketer for over 2 years now. Nothing matches the level of depth and quality that's offered in this course. Ryan does an excellent job of showing real-world examples, defining terms, and giving clear instructions for how something should be done. This is like a PhD in growth marketing and is well worth it for everyone. It covers everything: concepts, strategies, tactics, and even tools.

Who it's for:
    - Anyone looking to amp up skills in growth marketing
    - Marketing managers, directors, VPs
    - Tech founders who need better marketing skills

Couldn't say better things about this course. Love that it's always being updated as well.

• Growth by Design
    - 9/5/2017
    Jose Arias • Graduate

Having explored online and in-person programs, I chose GrowthX Academy to start my transition from real estate to UX Design; it is one of the best decisions I have ever made. Having no formal exposure to design prior to the course, I graduated with the experience, knowledge, and tools that will empower me throughout my career.

A course is only as good as the instructor teaching it – and Julia DeBari raises the benchmark for what makes a great educator. Her tireless dedication to ensuring we are provided with the most up-to-date information and that we understand the subject matter; pushing us to do our best work possible; and making herself available to answer any question or concern makes her one of the best educators I have ever had. Her mentoring throughout the program, even after graduation, is invaluable, especially for someone like myself that did not come from a design related background.

Although the 12 weeks go by quickly, I became a better communicator and grew in confidence in my ability as a designer. Having the opportunity to apply what I learned in classroom lectures, mentor presentations, and networking events to work on real world client projects was invaluable. The moment you meet the GrowthX Academy team, current students, alumni, and mentors, you are made to feel a part of a community that genuinely cares about your success.

• UX Design
    - 9/1/2017
    Aimee • Graduate

Joining the UX Design track at GrowthX Academy was the best decision I've ever made for my personal and professional growth. After considering other programs, I chose GrowthX after sitting in on a class and experiencing first hand what they could offer me. From day one, I could tell the entire team at GrowthX genuinely wanted to see every student succeed and was happy help at every step of the way.

UX Design is taught by Julia DeBari, who is an amazing instructor and mentor. She keeps her design knowledge up to date, challenges us to do great work, and provides us with endless support and guidance - even after graduation. She always makes herself available to us and works tirelessly to help us succeed. Anyone who wants to learn UX Design would benefit greatly learning from Julia. Her mentorship alone is enough for me to recommend joining GrowthX.

Unlike my undergrad experience, I completed the program with a great education, confidence in my new set of skills, real client projects, a portfolio and a updated resume. The curriculum was fast-paced and intense, but I learned more in those 12 short weeks than I ever would have trying to learn on my own. I would highly recommend this program to anyone interested in transitioning into UX Design.
  • Marta-Kristi Pold • Graduate

GrowthX Academy gave me deep knowledge on how to sell products that people want and how to scale a business. Not only did we learn valuable sales skills for selling to enterprises, the information that I learned have give me confidence in a changing startup environment. Everything I learned was instantly applicable and practical.

I happen to believe that in order to become successful one needs to learn from those who've already achieved it. Sean Sheppard is an excellent leader and teacher who gave us the top knowledge from his own real life success experiences - something that I didn't get from traditional education programs. The opportunity to learn from the industry's best sales trainer, is probably a good enough of a reason to take the course alone, not to mention the course material and immersive experiences.

Having taken other tech bootcamps and marketing/sales programs before, GrowthX was different. First of all the in depth knowledge and information. Then the focus on developing student's intrapersonal skills. And most importantly - the large top mentor and alumni network that is extremely supportive and easy to access.

• Ashley Zapp • Client Success Partner • Graduate

I was accepted into multiple different boot camps which I then toured//observed classes.  I choose GX Academy because I felt I entered a family vs a business trying to churn money, which has stayed true even after my completion of the program.  During my course work at GX Academy, I was supported in all ways possible even when I completed the Growth Marketing program and wanted to obtain a job doing customer success.  The continuous support was very helpful considering I just had made a cross-country move from Atlanta to San Francisco to make my career change.

I really enjoyed the real-life application of my education when I was paired with my internship at Abl Schools.  This gave me the experience I need to properly dive into my new career at an EdTech start-up.

I would recommend GX Academy to everyone trying to further their education; It is a much faster and a better use of funds than going back to receive a traditional degree.  I had already obtained a bachelor degree in chemistry and a master degree in secondary education//chemistry, therefore I didn't want to go back and obtain another traditional degree.  This was perfect for me!

• Mikey Onglao • Graduate

I'm a fresh graduate from Manila that recently moved to the Bay Area. Coming here, I knew I wanted to work in the tech industry. I had a dream but I didn't have a concrete strategy to achieve it. And so, I took the step towards enrolling in GrowthX Academy. It was single-handedly the best decision I made then because now I'm living my dream.

Prior to joining GrowthX, I was exposed to the possibility of joining other bootcamps. During the process of choosing, I had encounters with a lot of bootcamps that were too profit-oriented and unprofessional. I couldn't see myself in that sort of "boot camp". Which is a huge reason why I decided to choose GrowthX over the rest. Aside from its superb curriculum, the sense of community in the academy is unlike any other. From the first phone calls I had with them to the lectures in class, you can really feel that these people really cared about your career and your personal growth. In two words, the unique experience you can have in GrowthX would be the "collaborative culture".

I enrolled under the sales division of GrowthX and my mentor was Sean Sheppard. He and the rest of the team at GrowthX have been nothing but phenomenal as instructors, as mentors, as friends, and everything in between. They really see the potential in you and really help push you to unlock that potential. The curriculum is fantastic with the perfect mix of theoretical and practical lessons to help train you to excel in your desired field.

Looking back now, the three months I spent learning from everyone around me in GrowthX flew by so fast, but I can honestly say that I feel very prepared and confident that I will be able to excel in my career. And one of the best things about joining GrowthX is that even when you finish the program, the sense of community is so strong, that you'd want to come back and visit to help the newer students or even just have a chat with the staff about how happy you are in your new career.

I highly recommend joining the GrowthX community if you want to take control of your career!

• Sales & BD Grad
    - 6/5/2017
    Jonathan Jardim • Sales Development Rep • Graduate

GrowthX Academy is the total package. They provided me with great curated content in the course plan, access to an amazing network of tech sales mentors, hands-on experience working in a real startup, and assisted me with getting a job. In fact, I already had two job offers before I finished (and I hadn’t even applied anywhere yet!). These opportunities came from connections I made in the program.

The classes were intense and there were myriad articles and books to read. By the end, I had a fundamental understanding of the revenue function of a growing technology company. I learned everything from business model canvas, finding product-market fit, SaaS unit economics, Spin Selling/Challenger Sales/BANT/Strategic Selling, Sales Management and a lot more! What I really liked is that they emphasized that personal growth is not separate from professional growth and had us do a lot of self-discovery projects as well.

The network that you get plugged into by joining GrowthX Academy is unreal. I was able to attend two Sales Conferences as part of the program with Sean Sheppard, the Sales & BD instructor. He is very well connected and just walking around with him at the conferences allowed me to meet and connect with multiple sales leaders. There were also a lot of impressive mentors that came in and guest lectured throughout the program.

I really enjoyed my time at GrowthX Academy and am happy to say that it doesn’t stop here. They are creating a community of professionals and mentors that keeps on growing. I plan on staying connected and will continue to receive value from the program and network well into the future.

• Hiring Manager • Director of Inside Sales

Had the  pleasure of hiring a GrowthX student from their very first academy class. The student came on as an intern during her program with GrowthX academy,  but before her completion of the internship, I knew I had to give her an offer! It was refreshing to hire and work with a smart individual who had a good baseline knowledge of sales techniques, different sales tools and an overall understanding of sales and marketing processes. If you are a sales director/manager, you know how difficult it is to hire based on just an interview. The education and training that these students get clearly sets them apart. I look forward to hiring more of my team from GrowthX in the near future!

• Fermin Alvarez • Account Executive • Graduate

I joined GrowthX Academy for one reason AND emerged from it with a zillion reasons why you should join. If you find yourself where I was three months ago — looking to break into tech with no coding skills, interested in the sales and marketing side of businesses, but having difficulty getting noticed with no hiring potential — seriously, look no further and join already.

GrowthX Academy is, by all means, hands down and up, the place to be.

In just three crazy months at GrowthX Academy (GXA):

• I met amazing individuals
    • I accelerated my career path into a rewarding field I care about,
    • I learned tons of lessons about sales, marketing, and business development
    • I learned about myself, as an individual with a past and present others should admire and pay attention too.

For starters, did you know that your personality type, your passions, and your innate aptitudes should be part of your search for fit into both an ideal company and role? Do you know everything is a funnel and a numbers game that you can win with the right mix of weapons: knowledge, attitude, and connections? Do you know who is who in the sales and business development world in Silicon Valley? Well, if any of that interests you, then you are in luck. You found GOLD.

If you need help with your resume, crafting your personal story, learning how to network, preparing for a job interview, identifying ideal company profiles and buying personas, you will get it.

If you want to learn the importance of defining your customers’ buying journey, prospecting, prioritizing and enriching customers, reaching out with the right personal messaging, learning about cold outbound emailing and calling, adding value, feeling confident with your on-the-phone and in-person presentation skills, demonstrating you are the expert, then look no further.

Your life at GXA will go as follows. You will read a lot, and practice a lot. You will become very familiar with concepts such as growth mindset, to sell is human, lean business model generation, value proposition design, start with why, shut up and listen, spin selling, complex sales, the pyramid principle of communication, the power of habit, essentialism, 4 steps to epiphany, and a list that goes on and on.

Oh, did I mention they put you — people — first? And did I say anything about the network of amazing alumni you will have? Well, call me if you need a further reference because I seriously don’t know where to end. I want to become a great sales manager and a leader and now I have lifetime support.  Come here.

You’ll get what you want. It’s an amazing ride and it does not end but rather begins at GrowthX Academy. Come with the right mindset to help make this already superb experience an even better one for you and for the next cohorts. And before you make the decision, ask yourself, do I want a career change or do I want to change my life. If you are aiming for the latter, I hope you now know what’s possible here after reading the above. Put into the Academy as much as the Academy puts into you and receive 10 fold whatever you think you gave. Take a chance on you!

Fermin Alvarez

• Dave Leggett • UX Designer • Student

I treated my course at Growth X as oine might treat an MBA -- You know that the material might be online. But the mateiral is not nearly as important as the mentorship you receive from long term industry veterans through a structured learning process, not to mention the opportunity to work for real-world clients through your study. Julia, as the UX instructor, has been a fantastic teacher and resource, and has become a friend rather than just a contact. You won't find many people more generous than Julia. Wayne Neale, as the course lead, has also been an extremely valuable resource in industry circles. I'm glad I attended the course!

• Balint Vojnits • Full Stack Growth Leader • Graduate

I think you can find content online to purchase in many ways but doing it in such a structured way how GrowthX does provides a load of added values. What I like the most is the people within GrowthX community and the way how the curriculum is set. I developed a lot.

• Tyler Kreitz • Student

I came to GrowthX through a chance meeting on a Thursday, pulled the trigger and started classes on Monday. It was a bit overwhelming and very intense to do since I was also in a full-time role at AppZocial.

However, the time, resources and energy have been worth it. The best part is the emphasis on personal as well as professional development. It forces you to confront who you are and how you work- not only in your career but in your life.

The GrowthX team cares and is invested in your success. It's not always smooth, but the execution is always there. My only regret is not doing this when I first made the career transition in the start-up world 3 years ago- the skills and knowledge would have been very helpful.

• Adam August • Graduate

It's difficult to put into words the impact that the people at GrowthX Academy have had on my personal and professional life.

"People first" is not just a core value at GrowthX, it is the foundation for everything they do. When you join the Academy you join a rapidly growing family of like minded individuals who are passionate about helping others and sharing knowledge.

The amount I have grown in my professional and personal life has been exponential. I am so thankful for making the investment in myself and  joining the GrowthX family.

• Growth Marketer
    - 11/30/2016
    Mario Chamorro • Growth Marketer • Student

Best decision ever! fantastic experienced instructors; great combination between practice and theory; and remarkable work environment to build new habits, meet entrepreneurs, and have fun doing something that I love.

• Casey Schumacher • Student Cohort 1 • Student

As someone taking part in the inaugural sales & biz dev cohort I can tell you that we are on our 7th week (out of 12) and it’s been INTENSE! Since there are no official GrowthX Academy (GXA) Alumni (yet) I can give you some insight.

My situation is a bit different than the others in my cohort since I have been IN Tech Sales for the past 2 years in Silicon Valley (SDR, AE, & CSM work). My focus for joining the academy was to broaden my experiences and have something to set me apart from everyone that I am competing with for work in Silicon Valley.

As someone who has done a lot out here and feels comfortable with the startup world, I still felt as though I was being held back, or holding myself back. When I made the choice to join GXA it was to be able to focus more deeply on sales strategies and how to approach things the right way. I've learned a lot in the first 4 weeks and the 5th week was a bit of a breather for us before we got into our 6-week internships with REAL companies.

I can say that I now understand more about taking a product to market than I think I would have on my own. Having the guidance of the instructors and everyone associated with the academy has really helped me to feel confident in what I know and how to execute on it. I also feel validated for the way that I view sales as a relationship and not a transaction, while also learning new strategies to close deals, lead a team, and more.

I will say that the first version of this course has been an adventure. You will be 100% submerged into the start-up world and the realm of having to always be flexible yet focused on your end goal. I will say that I alredy have a job offer that I would not be able to confidently accept without having gone through this program and having the team as my resource moving forward.

• GrowthX Rocks!
    - 8/25/2016
    Jeffrey Kasper • Student

GrowthX Academy is a 12 week full immersion program that attracts individuals that desire to gain the skills required to successfully take ideas to market. This is THE place to be if you want to exponentially increase your opportunity and fit in the start-up industry…hence the “x”. The content is specific and intricate. You are guaranteed to gain a cutting edge perspective on efficiently getting to the truth for any company’s product-market fit. This is special op’s for the startup industry.

Great training program.  An intense 12 week course taught by a five time founder.  He brings real world experience to the classroom.  The mentors are all deeply experienced professionals who are very focused on your success as a student.  The project phase of the program gives you exposure to a local company and a real life challenge.