grace-hopper-program-logo

Grace Hopper Program

Chicago, New York City, Online

Grace Hopper Program

The Grace Hopper Program at Fullstack Academy is a live online, immersive software engineering bootcamp for women and non-binary students. Students can choose between the 28-week, part-time bootcamp with nights-and-weekends sessions or the 17-week, full-time bootcamp with Monday-Friday sessions. As part of the Grace Hopper Program, students will gain knowledge and experience through a mix of live online lectures, hands-on workshops, projects, pair-programming, and more.

Founded in 2016, the Grace Hopper Program includes the same, award-winning curriculum as Fullstack Academy with additional emphasis on combating systemic barriers. The Grace Hopper Program’s mission is to equip students with the skills and support to land a life-changing job in tech, plus the confidence to turn it into a thriving career. Grace Hopper Program graduates possess computer science fundamentals like algorithms, data structures, object-oriented programming, React, HTML & CSS, JavaScript frameworks (Express.js, Node.js), SQL, and test-driven development.

Applicants to the bootcamp should be nonbinary and women coders who are proficient in basic HTML, CSS, and JavaScript coding languages. Prospective students should embody the characteristics of the Grace Hopper Program community: drive, transparency, and allyship.

The Grace Hopper Program students will receive career counseling during the bootcamp, including optimizing a student’s resume and LinkedIn, networking, mock interviews, salary negotiation, and navigating company culture fit. Grace Hopper Program graduates have gone on to become software developers at top companies like Amazon, Bloomberg Engineering, Google, and others.

Recent Grace Hopper Program Reviews: Rating 4.79

all (57) reviews for Grace Hopper Program →

Recent Grace Hopper Program News

Read all (45) articles about Grace Hopper Program →
  • Bootcamp Prep in a Month

CSS, Express.js, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, Node.js
    Fullstack’s Bootcamp Prep will help prepare you for admissions into our prestigious Grace Hopper Program. This rigorous course will also prepare you for admissions into other highly ranked coding bootcamps. You’ll learn more than just the fundamentals of programming—you’ll learn how to solve real-world coding problems using the JavaScript language.
    Minimum Skill LevelAdvanced-beginner
    Prep WorkIncludes a 10-hr prep workshop. Not required, but highly recommended to help students get the most out of class.
  • Bootcamp Prep in a Week

CSS, Express.js, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, Node.js
    OnlineFull Time40 Hours/week1 Week
    Fullstack’s Bootcamp Prep will help prepare you for admissions into our prestigious Grace Hopper Program. This rigorous course will also prepare you for admissions into other highly ranked coding bootcamps. You’ll learn more than just the fundamentals of programming, you’ll learn how to solve real-world coding problems using the JavaScript language.
    Minimum Skill LevelAdvanced-beginner
  • Full-Time Software Engineering Immersive

JavaScript, Node.js, HTML, CSS, Express.js, React.js, SQL, Front End
    The Grace Hopper Program at Fullstack Academy is a 17-week career accelerator. Through an advanced curriculum and project-based structure, students learn today’s cutting-edge development technologies. The Immersive prepares graduates for software engineer roles at top-tier technology companies. Our JavaScript-driven curriculum immerses you in the latest web technologies such as Node.js, React.js, and Postgres. You bring the energy, curiosity, and dedication—we’ll provide a world-class school for becoming an expert software developer.
    Deposit$99* *Offer eligibility: Upon admittance into the program, pay the $99 deposit in full prior to the enrollment date.
    Self-Pay, Employer Pay, and Government Assistance
    Scholarship$1,000 Ada Lovelace Scholarship: For qualifying Grace Hopper Program students who choose to pay upfront Edie Windsor Scholarship: A half-tuition scholarship for gender nonconforming individuals & LGBTQ+ women
    Minimum Skill LevelAdvanced-beginner/Intermediate programming skills
    Prep WorkFour week-long remote Foundations class precedes 13 weeks on-campus
  • Part-Time Software Engineering Immersive

CSS, Express.js, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, Node.js, React.js, SQL
    The Grace Hopper Program at Fullstack Academy is a 28-week career accelerator. Through an advanced curriculum and project-based structure, students learn today’s cutting-edge development technologies. The Immersive prepares graduates for software engineer roles at top-tier technology companies. Our JavaScript-driven curriculum immerses you in the latest web technologies such as Node.js, React.js, and Postgres. You bring the energy, curiosity, and dedication—we’ll provide a world-class school for becoming an expert software developer.
    Self-Pay, Employer Pay, and Government Assistance
    Minimum Skill LevelAdvanced-beginner/Intermediate programming skills
    Prep WorkFour week-long remote Foundations class precedes 13 weeks on-campus
  • Fantastic Program
    - 3/21/2017
    Kat G.  User Photo
    Kat G. • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Every woman coder should have the opportunity to go through a program as intense, supportive, and transformative as this one. It has all the benefits of going through a great bootcamp on top of giving you the chance to learn a crazy amount of new information in an environment where you don't *also* have to battle the sexism that will inevitably greet you in the working world. The teachers are wonderful: intelligent, kind, understanding, as well as great at their jobs. The curriculum is great: NERDS stack, interview prep, a recorded tech talk, and three portfolio projects. The culture is amazing: group retrospectives, game nights, beer on Fridays to celebrate a job well-done. The career support is amazing -- and often more active about getting your career going than you are! I'm so happy I chose to come to the Grace Hopper Program at Fullstack Academy, it's changed my life for the better.

- 6/9/2022
    Olivia • Student
    I had a wonderful experience at the Grace Hopper Program at Fullstack Academy. It was such a really positive atmosphere to have for a learning environment- no crazy ego's, and my fellow students were great to work with both in pair programming and projects. Huge shoutout to my instructors too- Joe Alves and Johanna Nelson. I truly feel like I lucked out with having such incredible instructors. They fostered a really healthy learning environment, kept it fun, and I learned so much from them. Overall, I truly feel like this program helped me grow in so many ways, and now I have some pretty great projects to be able to talk about.
  • Inna Lynn • Software Engineer • Student
    The Grace Hopper program was a wonderful and supportive place to learn, and the outcome was a job offer that tripled my previous income.
  • Laura Van Dyke • Support Engineer • Graduate
    The Grace Hopper Program at Fullstack Academy exceeded my expectations in every way. The instructors are phenomenal - I had Mac and Sarah who were both excellent teachers and very approachable. My fellow, Jackie, was so supportive and available and she taught us a lot. Yasmin and Trent are both fantastic career counselors with tons of great advice and guidance for getting into the field. The program taught me so much and I got to build some great projects. I loved my cohort and am still in touch with them. I got a full-time job in the field within 3 months of graduating.
  • Would Recommend!
    - 7/3/2021
    Saj King • Graduate
    I had a fantastic experience at Fullstack Academy's Grace Hopper Program, both as a student and later as a teaching fellow. I felt that the curriculum was very well curated to provide the maximum amount of useful and relevant information in the short 17 week timeframe, and the combination of lectures, hands-on coding exercises, and projects worked well for me to retain new concepts even at the rapid pace we progressed at.

I was very fortunate to have excellent instructors as a student. Ben Rodriguez, Noelle Laureano, and Julissa Napoletano did a great job of teaching and answering questions in Junior Phase, and worked hard to make time to work one-on-one with anyone who needed it.

I felt that the Senior Phase projects were very helpful in solidifying everything learned in Junior Phase, as well as teaching very valuable organizational and teamworking skills. The daily algorithm practice and mock-tech interviews were also invaluable in preparing for the job hunt, and I appreciate these practical skills being stressed.

Overall, I would definitely recommend Fullstack to anyone who wants to get into tech, especially to those who can attend the Grace Hopper Program with deferred tuition.
  • Kristen • Software Developer • Graduate
    TLDR: Go for the tech instruction and experience. Be prepared to have a headache with career and financial services.

LOVED the instructors. Had a really fantastic educational experience, and for the most part my cohorts were also great. However, career services and all other aspects of Fullstack Academy leave a lot to be desired. Working with the career team was endlessly frustrating, with myself and others being given contradictory instruction, with little to no clear communication channels. The financial team doesn't get involved until you finish....but they're also incredibly frustrating to work with, and refuse to provide answers, ensure refunds are going to correct accounts (and then refuse to take responsibility for such), and also very rude.
  • Adriana • Graduate
    Joining the Grace Hopper Program at Fullstack Academy was no doubt the best decision I made. I had amazing instructors and classmates who helped a lot in every step. The amount of support was above my expectations.
    - 8/2/2019
    Allison Geismar • Graduate

I am so happy with this program! Yes, it's expensive. But if you're serious about doing a career switch this is worth it. They provided great academic and career support and a great network of people going into the field after graduation. It's tough work, but enjoyable and I really found my passion in coding and web development.

• Sara • Full Stack Software Engineer • Graduate

The Grace Hopper Program at Fullstack Academy changed my life. One month after I finished bootcamp, I found my dream job as a Full Stack Software Engineer. Corey and Geoff were the best instructors I could've asked for -- they made the rigorous curriculum fun and interesting, and were always happy to answer questions. Natalie in Career Services was incredibly helpful during the stressful time of finding a job post-bootcamp, and I am grateful these folks were there to hold my hand.

I was surprised at how quickly I was able to contribute once on the job, thanks to Grace Hopper/Fullstack! I added to the massive codebase of my company within the first two days of working there, and I am confident that I will be able to solve whatever problem is thrown at me. It is a testament to the strength of the curriculum that we are at the three-month mark since we graduated and most of my cohort has received at least one offer.

Not only did I become a competent software engineer after this program, I also have a strong network of fellow female engineers. I am so glad I chose Grace Hopper!

• Software Engineer
    - 3/21/2019
    Amber Rodriguez • Software Engineer • Graduate

I can't begin to express the mountain of gratitude I have for the Grace Hopper Program at Fullstack Academy. I was supported, coached and mentored by not only some of the best instructors I've ever had in my life, but my classmates as well. I was lucky to be part of a cohort full of women who ceaselessly cheered each other on and kept each other accountable. When one of us struggled, the rest of us were hell-bent on keeping that person afloat and along for the ride. I've met some of the most brilliant, kind and wonderful women that I've ever known in the Grace Hopper program. I am SO lucky to have the network I've forged and the friendships I've made from this program.

The instructors were top-notch, and their boundless enthusiasm for the material was always so infectious. I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that these are the best teachers I've EVER had. They deserve a world of thanks and appreciation for everything that they do.

The Program Lead: being able to mentally and emotionally support us through one of the most trying experiences in our lives is no small feat. She kept us grounded, and reminded us constantly that our mental/emotional well-being was just as important to our success as studying hard. She's to thank for keeping us all sane.

Last, but not least, the Career Services team. I came into the Grace Hopper program with a nervous assumption that my soft skills were nowhere near as valuable as what I could learn in this Immersive. They not only assured me that my soft skills and employment history would be an asset, but they taught me how to best sell myself to employers in light of this experience. They were quick to respond to every question/concern I had, and persistent in their fight to make me a successful, highly marketable Software Engineer.

As other reviewers have mentioned, this is considered an "Immersive" - you will be eating, breathing and sleeping code for the duration of this course. You will get back every ounce of effort that you put into it. Be sure to set this time aside for yourself to devote solely to the program.

• Ms.
    - 1/6/2019
    aleksandra shineleva • Fullstack Engineer • Graduate

If you are looking to change your career, if you are looking to learn new, hard and exciting things, Grace Hopper and Fullstack are for you. If you want to work hard, be confused often, accept failure as a path to success, you will do here. If you want things to be easy, don't actually enjoy the challenge and hate growing pains that come with not knowing things...I would look elsewhere because you will be miserable and resentful.

This program will help you be better, this program will strip you of 'This is how I've always done it' and open your mind to the possibilities and ways of thinking that will make you a better person and a better engineer. There is a strict "No Assholes' policy.

Grace Hopper has a tough admissions process, but if you get past that, you will receive the guidance and support through this incredibly difficult and fast-paced program. You will have support and guidance, but you will have to work hard, stay late, work on weekends and be comfortable with being uncomfortable.

You will dream code. You will not see much of your friends and family, but you will learn an incredible amount in a very short period of time.

• Software Engineer
    - 10/5/2018
    Ashley • Software Engineer • Graduate

When I decided to explore the option to transition my career into software engineering, I was unsure where to begin. I had heard about many bootcamp programs, but upon learning about the Grace Hopper Program and it's mission to empower women to enter a male dominated industry, I knew this was the right program for me. I couldn't have been happier with my decision, the staff and instructors were incredibly knowledgable and the women in my program were driven and intelligent. I learned so much in the short 4 month time period I spent at Grace Hopper and felt confident upon graduation that I would be able to get a great job and be prepared to take on the role. One of my favorite aspects of the Grace Hopper Program was how I learned to adopt new technologies at a rapid pace; as technology is constantly changing and advancing, I felt this skill was one of the most beneficial and real-world applicable. I highly recommend this program to any woman who is considering a career transition into the software development industry.