Florida Vocational Institute
Florida Vocational Institute’s Web and Application Development Engineer program is a 9-month bootcamp designed to turn beginners into full stack web developers. The program consists of 20 hours a week of classes plus 5 hours a week of work outside the classroom. The curriculum’s front end portion takes students from basic HTML5, CSS3, and vanilla JS all the way into LESS, jQuery, MVVM using Knockout.js and functional programming design patterns. The back end portion of the curriculum focuses on .NET and PHP, as these two technologies still power over 50% of the web and are the source of most developer jobs in the school’s South Florida location.
Recent Florida Vocational Institute Reviews: Rating 5.0
Web and Application Development Engineer
Florida Vocational Institute’s Web and Application Development Program is designed for someone with no programing experience to learn how to develop websites and web-based applications in less than 10 months. The course is designed to teach students how to code web sites, and prepare you for a career as an IT web coder. You can expect to learn the basic foundations of coding using the latest tools and technologies that companies are using today. Our instructors take a hands-on approach and work closely with you to ensure that you gain the necessary skills to succeed. Our students will learn how to work in teams, as most software projects are team based. You will also have an opportunity to use tools and techniques popular within the IT coding marketplace, and best practices methodologies like Agile. Each major step of the program will include a project where you put your learning into action.
- Financial aid available.
- Minimum Skill Level
- Prep Work
Florida Vocational Institute Reviews
1 review sorted by:
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.