eleven-fifty-academy-logo

Eleven Fifty Academy

Hybrid (Online & In-person), Indianapolis, Online

Eleven Fifty Academy

Eleven Fifty Academy is a non-profit coding and cybersecurity bootcamp headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana offering a range of courses from 12-14 week full-time bootcamps to 24-week part-time programs. Eleven Fifty Academy is focused on helping aspiring career-starters with little to no experience as well as tech professionals seeking to enhance their skills. Each course provides a hands-on, project-centric teaching approach for students to grow their soft skills as well as their tech skills in a friendly, entrepreneurial-minded classroom environment. In-person classes are taught at Launch Fishers as well as Downtown Indianapolis.

The Web Development program teaches students JavaScript, HTML, CSS, PostgreSQL, Express, React, and Bootstrap. Students learn pair programming, develop full stack applications, create and deploy web pages, and create a portfolio of finished projects.

The Cybersecurity program includes hands-on training both attacking and defending on a military-grade simulated cybersecurity training range. Students will learn how to conduct and stop cyber attacks, as well as be prepared for an entry-level job in the industry. Students work towards their CompTIA Security+ certification in this program.

The Software Development program gives students the skills to become successful Microsoft .NET software developers. Students will create and deploy web pages, develop full stack applications, and learn modern frameworks and libraries. Students will learn HTML, CSS, .NET, MVC, and REST.

Eleven Fifty Academy offers career prep to their students, including finalizing portfolios, resume and LinkedIn assistance, and offering guidance on professional networking. All programs offered by Eleven Fifty Academy are continuously guided and critiqued by industry advisory boards composed of hiring managers, influencers, and decision makers within the tech ecosystem. Eleven Fifty Academy offers a variety of funding options, including private loans, GI Bill funds, Progressive Income Share Agreements (PISA), and scholarships.

Recent Eleven Fifty Academy Reviews: Rating 4.71

all (144) reviews for Eleven Fifty Academy →

Recent Eleven Fifty Academy News

Read all (47) articles about Eleven Fifty Academy →
  • Cybersecurity 14-Week Bootcamp

Our Cybersecurity program is designed to arm you with real-world experience and the credentials to back it. You'll begin with prework, learning CompTIA A+ basics. Soon after, you are on your way to Network+, and Security+ certifications. As you are earning your certifications, you'll also be gaining experience both attacking (red team) and defending (blue team) on a military-grade cybersecurity simulation range.
     Students may qualify for scholarships and other funding. Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansProgressive Income Share Agreement
    ScholarshipApply to check for qualification
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic ability of computer operation. Knowledge of coding is not required, but is helpful.
  • Cybersecurity 24-Week Bootcamp

Tuition PlansProgressive Income Share Agreement
    ScholarshipApply to check for qualification
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic ability of computer operation. Knowledge of coding is helpful but is not required.
  • Free Introductory Courses - Coding or Cybersecurity

We offer free coding and cybersecurity courses for those who aren't sure if our programs are the right fit. Intro courses are offered Online as well as In-Person. Contact us for information on upcoming dates, or visit elevenfifty.org .
    Minimum Skill LevelAbility to operate a computer.
  • Software Development 12-Week Bootcamp

During our Software Development program, you’ll immerse yourself in the coding experience. From day one, you’ll be getting the hands-on coding experiences you need for a successful coding career. Through this comprehensive coding experience, you’ll master the fundamentals, develop your skills, and learn some of the most in-demand technologies and software. All of this culminates in you being a well-rounded coder with the hard skills needed to start a career and the soft skills to make you a versatile employee.
  • Software Development 24-Week Bootcamp

Agile, Algorithms, ASP.NET, C#, CSS, Data Analytics , DevOps, Git, HTML, jQuery, MVC, MySQL, .NET, REST, SQL
  • Web Development 12-Week Bootcamp

Our JavaScript Course is focused on turning noncoders into well-rounded, versatile coders, or upskilling those who already know other programming languages. From day one, we’ll be working with you to get you prepared for an entry-level coding job. You’ll get hands-on experience and develop the soft skills that you need to land your dream job. Our instructors won’t lecture you from a book or expect you to watch hours of tutorial videos. Instead, they’ll walk you through the fundamentals, help you expand your coding knowledge, and give you the tools you need to become a programming professional.

• Web Development 24-Week Bootcamp

SQL, REST, .NET, MVC, HTML, Git, DevOps, Data Visualization, Data Structures, Data Analytics , CSS, C#, ASP.NET, Algorithms, Agile
    LocationIndianapolis, Hybrid (Online & In-person)
    Our JavaScript-focused Course is focused on turning noncoders into well-rounded, versatile coders, or upskilling those who already know other programming languages. From day one, we’ll be working with you to get you prepared for an entry-level coding job. You’ll get hands-on experience and develop the soft skills that you need to land your dream job. Our instructors won’t lecture you from a book or expect you to watch hours of tutorial videos. Instead, they’ll walk you through the fundamentals, help you expand your coding knowledge, and give you the tools you need to become a programming professional.

• Worth It
    - 6/25/2021
    Jenna Hallam  User Photo
    Jenna Hallam • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I started the Software Development course in the peak of last years lockdown and I was definitely impressed with how seamlessly Eleven Fifty transitioned to offering online instruction.

The instructors were very knowledgeable and helpful, and everyone was willing to put in work when a question was asked that they could not answer.

This is an accelerated course, so you have to go into it with the drive and the willingness to work extremely hard, but this was one of the most rewarding experiences for me. I came in with zero coding experience and left with a specialization in .Net development and the confidence in those skills to look for an entry level coding position.
  • Martin Flaherty  User Photo
    Martin Flaherty • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    After a fairly extensive background in IT (systems and networking), I felt the need to change course some and get into a new career path. I had always been interested in coding/programming/developing and had dabbled in it for years. When I first learned about Eleven Fifty Academy I was a little skeptical. After researching it some, I knew I had found an opportunity that I couldn't pass up. I took the full time course in software development and in three (3) months had learned enough to become readily employable and start in a great new career adventure. While you can learn this material from a number of places (and all over the web), one of the great benefits that Eleven Fifty Academy brings to the table is well-planned path to teach the main points of whatever course curriculum is chosen to get the student up-to-speed with what is needed to get a job and start a career. They also help guide and instruct on the skills needed to get a job, and, they teach you how to continue to learn on your own so you never stop learning.
  • Life Changing
    - 6/25/2021
    Zach Phillips  User Photo
    Zach Phillips • Senior Salesforce Admin • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I came to Eleven Fifty with zero background in tech, let alone coding. I never excelled in science or math in my formative years, so I had never really considered a career in tech besides maybe a sales role. Eleven Fifty showed me I did not need to be a math whiz or computer guru to learn how to code. Learning to code is essentially just learning another language. I certainly was not the most talented student in my cohort, but by the end of the bootcamp I was able to build a full-stack web application from scratch using JavaScript. My newly learned skill opened up additional tech opportunities that have lead me to the position I am in today: a full-time tech role doing things I never would have thought I would be doing, within 1 year of graduating from Eleven Fifty, and loving it. I also know there are so many others that have come through Eleven Fifty with very similar stories and outcomes. If you are on the fence about enrolling at Eleven Fifty, let this be your sign :) .
  • Seth Tennyson  User Photo
    Seth Tennyson • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Throughout my whole experience at Eleven Fifty, I felt that everyone was on my side and invested in my success. From the Learning Team, to the Student Success advisors, all the way through to Career Services, I always felt like they had my back. I also love that EFA is dedicated to helping the community and the individuals who are part of it. They've done amazing things for Indianapolis and it's so great to see their reach expanding to other parts of Indiana and beyond. So glad to have had this experience.
  • Eric W.  User Photo
    Eric W. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My personal experience was first trying to learn "code" on my own through online resources but falling short because I wasn't sure exactly what to research and the application that each language should be applied.  I decided I needed some guide-rails and chose EFA to produce this.  Not only was it an intense program, providing a ton of information, project-based challenges, but it was also clear that the learning team truly cared about the success of their students.
    The biggest take-away that I came out of the program was the ability not only to understand the fundamentals of JavaScript, React, and Nodejs; but how to really research and practice building.  Since I've gone through the program, I've seen how the program has not only changed, always taking past experiences and building a better system with it, but track for even more improvement coming.
  • Great Staff
    - 6/23/2021
    Brendan  User Photo
    Brendan • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    The instructors and Learning Assistants are all awesome. They take the time and effort needed to help you really understand. Also, getting help after hours in Help Queue is invaluable. The Career Services team bends over backwards in order to place students into new careers. Their connections and hard work are one of the best parts of this boot camp.
  • Hunter Lumsdon  User Photo
    Hunter Lumsdon • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Eleven Fifty Academy has given me more than just an education but much needed direction in my life. This bootcamp provided me the tools and instruction I needed to explore my own interests inside the cyber-world. As well I was provided with direction toward advancement and a network of like-minded professionals both experienced and new to the tech world. The friendships and skills Eleven Fifty has helped fostered I believe will be invaluable to me going forward!
  • Best Experience
    - 6/22/2021
    Melissa  User Photo
    Melissa • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This is sincerely the best tech bootcamp.  The instructors care and value the success of their students.  The curriculum was up-to-date and prepared me to be career ready.  The Career Services are amazing and help prepare you for interviews and a professional presence, as well as help you to land interviews and a job.  It was an overall amazing experience and I doubt there is a better school out there.
  • Emory Brunner  User Photo
    Emory Brunner • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I decided to attend Eleven Fifty Academy after losing my job in the restaurant industry during the height of the COVID pandemic, and I could not be happier with my decision. Not only were the instructors attentive and knowledgeable, but the coursework was up-to-date and covered just enough of the basics to make me hungry for more knowledge, without getting too much "in the weeds". The Career Services department did a great job of guiding me in my job search following the program, fostering a personal dialogue that helped me establish my priorities in an unfamiliar field, and their well-established network of connections was very valuable. Overall, I feel like I can comfortably call myself a Web Developer with the experience I gained in this course, and I am extremely excited to see what my future in the tech field has to offer.
  • David Benge  User Photo
    David Benge • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    It is definitely not a walk in the park, but if you can stick with it you will learn a ton and have a solid foundation by the time you graduate. The coursework is rough, the instructors are wonderful, and the career center can't be beat. It really is one of the most fulfilling things you can do for your future.
  • Caleb Christensen  User Photo
    Caleb Christensen • Software Engineer I • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was extremely impressed with everything that 1150 had to offer and brought to the table. I originally went into this course with zero knowledge of software development. Now I've been a developer for the past 2 years and one of the first in my company to be hired on full time without having a college degree. Now applications for my company say "A college degree, or a trade school equivalent". Simply put, Eleven Fifty Academy works and gives you all the tools you need to be successful. But in the end, it will come up to YOUR personal drive and commitment to making your dream come true.
    - 5/6/2021
    Marina Cobb  User Photo
    Marina Cobb • Technology Support Specialist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I felt stuck in my creative/marketing job and wanted to pursue something new so I could be refreshed. I didn't want to spend too much money or time in a traditional setting so I found that bootcamp was the way to achieve my goal. It had to be a reputable institution and I wanted an in person experience. I found Eleven Fifty, the school that filled all buckets. I'm so glad I did. I'm not joking when I say that every single staff member you meet is ridiculously driven to help pivot/jump start your career. They are kind, knowledgeable and well connected in the industry. My career counselor was sending me applications daily. They truly wanted me to succeed. They will help craft your resume and give you tips on interviews as well as connect you with someone in the industry. They give you all the tools resources and are your biggest cheerleaders. In the end, I got a job I absolutely love. I wake up ready and determined to conquer the day. I have Eleven Fifty to thank for that.

Eleven Fifty Academy Outcomes

Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 38 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries.