eleven-fifty-academy-logo

Eleven Fifty Academy

Hybrid (Online & In-person), Indianapolis, Indianapolis, Indianapolis

Eleven Fifty Academy

Eleven Fifty Academy is a non-profit coding and cybersecurity bootcamp headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana offering a range of courses from 12-14 week full-time bootcamps to 24-week part-time programs. Eleven Fifty Academy is focused on helping aspiring career-starters with little to no experience as well as tech professionals seeking to enhance their skills. Each course provides a hands-on, project-centric teaching approach for students to grow their soft skills as well as their tech skills in a friendly, entrepreneurial-minded classroom environment. In-person classes are taught at Launch Fishers as well as Downtown Indianapolis.

The Web Development program teaches students JavaScript, HTML, CSS, PostgreSQL, Express, React, and Bootstrap. Students learn pair programming, develop full stack applications, create and deploy web pages, and create a portfolio of finished projects.

The Cybersecurity program includes hands-on training both attacking and defending on a military-grade simulated cybersecurity training range. Students will learn how to conduct and stop cyber attacks, as well as be prepared for an entry-level job in the industry. Students work towards their CompTIA Security+ certification in this program.

The Software Development program gives students the skills to become successful Microsoft .NET software developers. Students will create and deploy web pages, develop full stack applications, and learn modern frameworks and libraries. Students will learn HTML, CSS, .NET, MVC, and REST.

Eleven Fifty Academy offers career prep to their students, including finalizing portfolios, resume and LinkedIn assistance, and offering guidance on professional networking. All programs offered by Eleven Fifty Academy are continuously guided and critiqued by industry advisory boards composed of hiring managers, influencers, and decision makers within the tech ecosystem. Eleven Fifty Academy offers a variety of funding options, including private loans, GI Bill funds, Progressive Income Share Agreements (PISA), and scholarships.

Recent Eleven Fifty Academy Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (72) reviews for Eleven Fifty Academy →

Recent Eleven Fifty Academy News

Read all (23) articles about Eleven Fifty Academy →
  • Cybersecurity 14-Week Bootcamp

LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), Indianapolis
    Our Cybersecurity program is designed to arm you with real-world experience and the credentials to back it. You'll begin with prework, learning CompTIA A+ basics. Soon after, you are on your way to Network+, and Security+ certifications. As you are earning your certifications, you'll also be gaining experience both attacking (red team) and defending (blue team) on a military-grade cybersecurity simulation range.
    Tuition PlansProgressive Income Share Agreement
    ScholarshipApply to check for qualification
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic ability of computer operation. Knowledge of coding is not required, but is helpful.
  • Cybersecurity 24-Week Bootcamp

Tuition PlansProgressive Income Share Agreement
    ScholarshipApply to check for qualification
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic ability of computer operation. Knowledge of coding is helpful but is not required.
  • Free Introductory Courses - Coding or Cybersecurity

LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), Indianapolis
    We offer free coding and cybersecurity courses for those who aren't sure if our programs are the right fit. Intro courses are offered Online as well as In-Person. Contact us for information on upcoming dates, or visit elevenfifty.org .
    Minimum Skill LevelAbility to operate a computer.
  • Software Development 12-Week Bootcamp

HTML, Git, C#, .NET, ASP.NET, Data Visualization, jQuery, Mobile, CSS, DevOps, Data Analytics , Data Structures, Front End, Agile, REST, SQL
    LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), Indianapolis
    During our Software Development program, you’ll immerse yourself in the coding experience. From day one, you’ll be getting the hands-on coding experiences you need for a successful coding career. Through this comprehensive coding experience, you’ll master the fundamentals, develop your skills, and learn some of the most in-demand technologies and software. All of this culminates in you being a well-rounded coder with the hard skills needed to start a career and the soft skills to make you a versatile employee.
  • Software Development 24-Week Bootcamp

MySQL, HTML, Git, C#, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, CSS, DevOps, Data Analytics , Algorithms, MVC, Agile, REST, SQL
  • Web Development 12-Week Bootcamp

LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), Indianapolis
    Our JavaScript Course is focused on turning noncoders into well-rounded, versatile coders, or upskilling those who already know other programming languages. From day one, we’ll be working with you to get you prepared for an entry-level coding job. You’ll get hands-on experience and develop the soft skills that you need to land your dream job. Our instructors won’t lecture you from a book or expect you to watch hours of tutorial videos. Instead, they’ll walk you through the fundamentals, help you expand your coding knowledge, and give you the tools you need to become a programming professional.

• Web Development 24-Week Bootcamp

HTML, Git, C#, .NET, ASP.NET, Data Visualization, CSS, DevOps, Data Analytics , Data Structures, Algorithms, MVC, Agile, REST, SQL
    LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), Indianapolis
    Our JavaScript-focused Course is focused on turning noncoders into well-rounded, versatile coders, or upskilling those who already know other programming languages. From day one, we’ll be working with you to get you prepared for an entry-level coding job. You’ll get hands-on experience and develop the soft skills that you need to land your dream job. Our instructors won’t lecture you from a book or expect you to watch hours of tutorial videos. Instead, they’ll walk you through the fundamentals, help you expand your coding knowledge, and give you the tools you need to become a programming professional.

• .NET Cohort
    - 5/19/2019
    Marc Guerra  User Photo
    Marc Guerra • automation consultant • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

1150 Academy has changed my life. I owe them my career transition as a factory worker into technology. Some things you must know is: it's not easy, you must come into the academy fully committed, coding is not for everyone, if you do everything that is asked of you to the best of your ability there is no way you can't succeed. Any negative reviews that you see are more than likely prior students who didn't do what was asked or did not give their full effort. The one thing i disliked was that career services didn't help much after graduation. Its entirely up to you to go to meetups and make connections. I put in 50 applications before I got a job. I currently work at Agilify Automation and owe that to 1150 Academy. I was not the best coder but I was definitely one of the most determined. Attending the .NET cohort at 1150 Academy November of 2018 was the best decision I've ever made. It truly changed my life.

• Juan Medina  User Photo
    Juan Medina • Web Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I attented Eleven Fifty Academy's Full Stack JavaScript cohort of December 2018. I cannot thank enough the shool and staff for this incredible learning opportunity. This is one of the best decisions I've made in my life. I was able to gain the skills to pursue a career I'm passionate about. Since day one the entire school was very supportive and made sure all the students had everything they needed to succeed (including snacks, drinks and lunches).

It is a very fast paced program (as expected for being an inmmersive training) and the technology skills they teach are very relevant to the current market needs.

After attending the program for 10 weeks I was offered a full time position as a Web Developer which I accepted right away!

• Robert B  User Photo
    Robert B Verified via LinkedIn

I cannot speak enough benefits for Eleven Fifty Academy as a resource for anyone motivated to make a career change into software development. I originally expressed hesitancy while considering EFA, although a precursory visit to the facility to meet current staff and students convinced me of the extensive resources available to current and former students.

Pros:

Eleven Fifty's greatest benefit is teaching students to grow independently. The program may begin with some hand holding while learning the fundamentals, yet the program ends with nearly complete autonomy in the learning process. Essentially, one learns to drink from a firehose, not to drink everything from a hose. The practical benefit is that we learn how to pick up a new language on our own rather than relying on an instructor to guide us.

The very benefit of developing the skill of autonomous learning is can present challenges for those who are accustomed to many types of post-secondary education. One must walk into this program with the full intent that they will be teaching themselves rather than relying on a teacher. The staff is very transparent about this transition as well as the work commitment at the beginning.

A possible "con":

The transient nature of the tech industry is reflected in the day-to-day learning process at EFA. Changes throughout the course can be viewed as disruptive or unfair for individuals that expect a static and fixed curriculum, yet this is not how the industry works. Instructors and mentors can change, project scope can change, and opportunities can appear or disappear with little notice. Anyone who walks into this program with the mindset that things WILL change and faces changes as a learning opportunity will exit the program better prepared for a working world.

Suggestions:

Much of this suggestion is due to circumstantial changes for MY cohort specifically, but I would have preferred more opportunities to participate in mock interviews.

• Amazing Program!!
    - 10/19/2018
    Brittany H.  User Photo
    Brittany H. • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I have a tendency to be verbose so I'll try to keep this somewhat brief- just rest assured that the topic of my recent career transition is one I could gush about nearly endlessly.

I was interested in pursuing coding for a few years before attending Eleven Fifty, but thought I would have to put a lot of time and money into going back to school and getting a CS degree. The fact that I was able to break into the tech field in just twelve weeks? It feels like cheating, but I couldn't be happier with the results. I'm in an amazing career that speaks to both my interests and skillset, I'm with a great company that is extremely supportive of my continued learning, and I nearly doubled my salary over the course of a few months.

The experience was great, from the friendly staff devoted to our success up to the warm reception of the Indy tech community. The curriculum constantly evolves as the Academy figures out new ways to make the most out of the twelve weeks, and it is structured around learning how to learn. The tech industry is rapidly changing, there's no way they could cover everything that's out there, but the best way for them to equip their students is by helping to equip them to think like a programmer and be receptive to continuous learning. Which they do! I was in completely new territory when I started my current job, but I had the practice under my belt to be able to know how best to tackle the challenges that continue to present themselves.

I can't recommend this course enough, I would just make sure that any prospective students have the aptitude and interest before beginning. I took out a loan for the full amount of tuition, but felt secure in that commitment because I was certain it would be up my alley and I would be able to make it through. There are plenty of online resources to practice and get a good taste for programming before diving in!

• Graduate
    - 10/18/2018
    Alecx Moritz  User Photo
    Alecx Moritz Verified via GitHub

My expectations were exceeded by this program. I cannot recomend it enough.

The instructors and other staff were amazing, the career readiness team made me feel very taken care of. I was assisted, tested, taught, encouraged, and made amazing connections. I cannot speak highly enough of them.

• Tim Deeter  User Photo
    Tim Deeter • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Intense bootcamp with excellent instructors and hands on coding experience that focuses on the problem solving and programming skills you need to go into the job force. Very transparent operations and curriculum.

• Anonymous  User Photo
    Anonymous • programmer analyst II • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The value you a student receives from this program is amazing.  You have to put in the work, but the instructors and staff will make sure you understand all the key concepts and go out of their way to help.  Additonally, they put an emphasis on helping graduates land a job.  I highly recommend this to anyone interested on learning how to code.

• Christian Ingram  User Photo
    Christian Ingram • Junior Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The 12 weeks spent with Eleven Fifty Academy was challenging, exhausting, and exciting. I came into the program having done my research, so I knew it would be difficult and fast paced; but whew, it was crazy fast. The first 2 weeks had my head swimming in symbols, characters, numbers, and words that had me questioning if programming was for me. Slowly those words, numbers, and symbols began to make sense and that is when the excitement comes.

The instructors are knowledgable, articulate, helpful, and passionate about their craft. They seek to educate the students with the latest, most up-to-date technologies and frameworks possible.

I found the entire staff at Eleven Fifty to be incredibly helpful and caring. Always taking an interest in how I was feeling about my progression in the course. They made me feel welcome from day one, which was greatly appreciated.

There are areas of the curriculum that need to be addressed. In my opinion, there needs to be 1-2 more hours per week of classroom instruction.

My overall experience at The Academy was a positive one. If I had to do it all over again, I definitely would, I would just make sure I was better prepared. I would encourage future students to prepare for the class above and beyond the pre-work they suggest for you.

I do not have a job yet. I did not expect to, since I just graduated last week and did not begin seeking employment until the class was finished. Through job assistance programs, networking, and mentors I have faith that it will happen in the very near future.

• JavaScript 12 week
    - 11/7/2017
    AJ  User Photo
    AJ • Jr. Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I came to Eleven Fifty as part of a career change which was a risk for me. Before coming to the school I was fully employed with an advanced degree in my former field. However, I was miserable in that career and Eleven Fifty was a great chance to change.

I came to the school with the only coding experience being the weekend course and pre-assigned work. If you are on the fence at all take a weekend class and see. I found there was zero difference in the environment and quality of instruction from the weekend course to the longer classes. Sure the pace in the 12 weeks is greatly accelerated but if you’re on the fence see if you can be comfortable in a risk free environment. If you don’t like it no worries the people that run the academy are not going to push their services on you.

To that last point I have never had an interaction with any of the Eleven Fifty staff from instructors all the way to the head leadership that was unpleasant. They really do care about you and your development and will often reach out. I have graduated now, and I am still in daily contact with the staff and use some of the facilities. They do a great job of fostering a sense of community and it’s evident that community is important to each and everyone in the school.

Last point, if you want to graduate it is very simple just do the work. If you put in the time and effort you will make it through. The instructors are not going to leave on an island. I didn’t feel very confident in the core fundamental until late in the program. Stick with it do the work.

I would recommend this 10 out of 10 times if you are considering this as a career change and like the weekend course.

• Cybersecurity
    - 5/16/2020
    Mona Rich • Network Engineer • Graduate
    Great experience! Teachers were great and supportive. The cyber range is a great hands on tool!
  • Nick Wehner • Junior Software Engineer • Graduate
    Creating and Deploying Web Pages (HTML/CSS, Bootstrap).

Developing Full-Stack Applications
    Using in-demand Microsoft .NET technologies as well as architectural patterns like model-view-controller (MVC) and Representational State Transfer (REST).

Learning Modern Frameworks and Libraries
    As well as consuming and integrating third-party application programming interfaces (APIs) in an application.
  • .NET Cohort
    - 5/7/2020
    Austin Johnson • Services Executive • Student
    This 12-week immersive cohort changed my life! This course challenged me in many ways — most times making me uncomfortable through this process. Those uncomfortable moments shaped me into the professional I am today in an industry that I love. Keep up the good work!

Eleven Fifty Academy Outcomes

Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 38 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries.