eleven-fifty-academy-logo

Eleven Fifty Academy

Hybrid (Online & In-person), Indianapolis, Online

Eleven Fifty Academy

Eleven Fifty Academy is a non-profit coding and cybersecurity bootcamp headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana offering a range of courses from 12-14 week full-time bootcamps to 24-week part-time programs. Eleven Fifty Academy is focused on helping aspiring career-starters with little to no experience as well as tech professionals seeking to enhance their skills. Each course provides a hands-on, project-centric teaching approach for students to grow their soft skills as well as their tech skills in a friendly, entrepreneurial-minded classroom environment. In-person classes are taught at Launch Fishers as well as Downtown Indianapolis.

The Web Development program teaches students JavaScript, HTML, CSS, PostgreSQL, Express, React, and Bootstrap. Students learn pair programming, develop full stack applications, create and deploy web pages, and create a portfolio of finished projects.

The Cybersecurity program includes hands-on training both attacking and defending on a military-grade simulated cybersecurity training range. Students will learn how to conduct and stop cyber attacks, as well as be prepared for an entry-level job in the industry. Students work towards their CompTIA Security+ certification in this program.

The Software Development program gives students the skills to become successful Microsoft .NET software developers. Students will create and deploy web pages, develop full stack applications, and learn modern frameworks and libraries. Students will learn HTML, CSS, .NET, MVC, and REST.

Eleven Fifty Academy offers career prep to their students, including finalizing portfolios, resume and LinkedIn assistance, and offering guidance on professional networking. All programs offered by Eleven Fifty Academy are continuously guided and critiqued by industry advisory boards composed of hiring managers, influencers, and decision makers within the tech ecosystem. Eleven Fifty Academy offers a variety of funding options, including private loans, GI Bill funds, Progressive Income Share Agreements (PISA), and scholarships.

Recent Eleven Fifty Academy Reviews: Rating 4.71

all (144) reviews for Eleven Fifty Academy →

Recent Eleven Fifty Academy News

Read all (47) articles about Eleven Fifty Academy →
  • Cybersecurity 14-Week Bootcamp

Our Cybersecurity program is designed to arm you with real-world experience and the credentials to back it. You'll begin with prework, learning CompTIA A+ basics. Soon after, you are on your way to Network+, and Security+ certifications. As you are earning your certifications, you'll also be gaining experience both attacking (red team) and defending (blue team) on a military-grade cybersecurity simulation range.
     Students may qualify for scholarships and other funding. Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansProgressive Income Share Agreement
    ScholarshipApply to check for qualification
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic ability of computer operation. Knowledge of coding is not required, but is helpful.
  • Cybersecurity 24-Week Bootcamp

Tuition PlansProgressive Income Share Agreement
    ScholarshipApply to check for qualification
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic ability of computer operation. Knowledge of coding is helpful but is not required.
  • Free Introductory Courses - Coding or Cybersecurity

We offer free coding and cybersecurity courses for those who aren't sure if our programs are the right fit. Intro courses are offered Online as well as In-Person. Contact us for information on upcoming dates, or visit elevenfifty.org .
    Minimum Skill LevelAbility to operate a computer.
  • Software Development 12-Week Bootcamp

During our Software Development program, you’ll immerse yourself in the coding experience. From day one, you’ll be getting the hands-on coding experiences you need for a successful coding career. Through this comprehensive coding experience, you’ll master the fundamentals, develop your skills, and learn some of the most in-demand technologies and software. All of this culminates in you being a well-rounded coder with the hard skills needed to start a career and the soft skills to make you a versatile employee.
  • Software Development 24-Week Bootcamp

Agile, Algorithms, ASP.NET, C#, CSS, Data Analytics , DevOps, Git, HTML, jQuery, MVC, MySQL, .NET, REST, SQL
  • Web Development 12-Week Bootcamp

Our JavaScript Course is focused on turning noncoders into well-rounded, versatile coders, or upskilling those who already know other programming languages. From day one, we’ll be working with you to get you prepared for an entry-level coding job. You’ll get hands-on experience and develop the soft skills that you need to land your dream job. Our instructors won’t lecture you from a book or expect you to watch hours of tutorial videos. Instead, they’ll walk you through the fundamentals, help you expand your coding knowledge, and give you the tools you need to become a programming professional.

• Web Development 24-Week Bootcamp

SQL, REST, .NET, MVC, HTML, Git, DevOps, Data Visualization, Data Structures, Data Analytics , CSS, C#, ASP.NET, Algorithms, Agile
    LocationIndianapolis, Hybrid (Online & In-person)
    Our JavaScript-focused Course is focused on turning noncoders into well-rounded, versatile coders, or upskilling those who already know other programming languages. From day one, we’ll be working with you to get you prepared for an entry-level coding job. You’ll get hands-on experience and develop the soft skills that you need to land your dream job. Our instructors won’t lecture you from a book or expect you to watch hours of tutorial videos. Instead, they’ll walk you through the fundamentals, help you expand your coding knowledge, and give you the tools you need to become a programming professional.

• Anonymous • Associate Software Engineer • Student
    Eleven Fifty Academy was able to deliver a great online bootcamp experience from start to finish. In an amazing partnership with the Hoosier CARES act, Indiana residents such as myself could get the bootcamp for free or very cheap! The teachers and learning assistants were always available and truly wanted to help everyone. The career team was very dedicated and was always willing to make time for me and to hear me out.
    After I had applied to Eleven Fifty Academy and spoken with a representative, a staff member arranged for me to have an admission meeting with Alex on July 23rd on Zoom at 6:30 PM EST … he never showed up (I waited for 30 minutes). Consequently, I rescheduled an appointment for August 5th at 3:30 PM EST … once again, he never showed up. So, I called and left a message on his personal office phone; he never called me back.

Mind you, I was told by Eleven Fifty staff members that Alex was well informed on July 23rd, and on August 5th that he had an appointment with me.

Alex Volyk, if you did not want to speak to me or did not have adequate time on your schedule then you should have been honest about it from the beginning. Instead, you opted to waste my time.

Disclaimer - I had left 5 stars for Instructors and Curriculum in the rating section because Course Report wouldn't allow me to choose Not Applicable for those categories.
  • .NET program
    - 6/8/2020
    Anonymous • .NET developer • Graduate
    I really enjoyed my time there and think it paid off. I landed a developer job just a couple months after graduation. There's still so much I have to learn but I feel Eleven Fifty did a good job of giving us a solid base to grow from. I learned a lot of useful tools that prepared me for the role I was eventually hired for.

There was really only one criticism I could think of. I think the instructors need to complete the cohort they started with. We had Lawrence leave relatively early and I do think it made a bit of a difference. Becky was great but it was definitely a transition in a program where time is already short. I know most of the instructors want to move onto outside developer jobs but it can make it tough to keep learning well when an instructor leaves. I don't know if you could have a contract stating an instructor has to finish teaching a program they start. When I signed up, I didn't know instructors could leave partway through the program and I do think that matters. You have excellent instructors and it'd be nice to learn from one main instructor across your program.
  • Overall Experience:
    I took an iOS Bootcamp in 2014 with Eleven Fifty Academy. We were using Swift, and created three apps during the course. The instructors were great, and really made sure everyone was understanding the curriculum. I felt extremely comfortable and confident after. When I returned to school, I definitely had a leg up to my peers with my coding experience. I graduated with a computer science major, but don't think I had a course at my college that compared to what I learned in this bootcamp.
  • Anonymous • Software Developer • Graduate
    One of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Friendly and helpful staff. They help explain and guide you to what you’re looking for rather than just spoon feeding all of the answers.

The career services department passed along my resume to an employer that they were in contact with. I interviewed and was hired the same week as my graduation, making nearly $40/hour.

If you put in the effort, this investment will pay for itself.
  • EFA Grad
    - 4/30/2020
    Not having a computer science or tech background, Eleven Fifty Academy most definitely gave me the basics and foundations I needed to continue learning independently after graduation.  I will always be grateful for that.

That being said, it could also be that the course I had decided to take was only the second or third class and felt there lacked structure.  Beginning, we learned all the basics, which were useful.  Then we jumped around different frameworks.  It didn't help that I found out the next class's curriculum would be completely different from what I went through as well.  I'm guessing it wasn't just myself that felt the curriculum needed tweaking.

I also felt there wasn't much professionalism from the instructors.  One of them actually said to another classmate that the money we were paying for this boot-camp was for the food.

In regards to job assistance, EFA goes out of their way to keep in touch, make sure you're prepping and applying for jobs.

To wrap it up, I am always thankful to Eleven Fifty Academy, as they are the ones who helped jump start my career in tech.  I believe everyone's experience will be different and it comes down to whether you're willing to take a chance or not.
    Response From: Dewand Neely of Eleven Fifty Academy
    Title: COO
    Tuesday, May 26 2020
    We appreciate the feedback.  Eleven Fifty Academy practices continuous improvement of its programs and curriculum.  We seek feedback and guidance from students, staff and industry experts to ensure we are doing the very best we can to create an effective learning environment and keep up with the ever-changing needs of the tech market.

Eleven Fifty Academy takes its image very seriously and strives to create a professional environment and experience.  We have used this anonymous review to reiterate the criticality of these types of student perceptions to our entire learning team and beyond.  We apologize for anything lacking in your experience at the Academy, and we would be most interested in getting your constructive feedback on an ongoing basis to help us be better for all future students.

“The Food” is a tradition carried over from the early days of the Academy that has stuck with us.  Eleven Fifty Academy provides lunch and other snacks on campus, for faculty, staff, students, and any visitors that happen to stop by that day. This is not a part of student tuition and is provided by the academy as a benefit to faculty, staff, students, and visitors.

We are very happy that we were able to be a part of helping you jump start your career in tech and we wish you much success!

• Great Job!!
    - 11/8/2017

I thought this was a great course and I learned a lot!!  I had some struggles off and on with learning the skills necessary to move on to the next project and building confidence in order to enter the working world in this discipline.  While I thought that was somewhat due to my own issues with time and stress-management, I also did think that the curriculum's change in pace from mostly instructor taught to mostly self-taught was slightly too abrupt.  I thought that it needed to be more gradual, and I actually agreed with Kayleah's thoughts on that topic.  With that being said, I thought Paul, Kenn, and Jay's knowledge was astounding, and I aspire to be as good as them some day.  I really do enjoy solving a good puzzle.  I also thought that Chris' assistance with interview and resume prep and pushing people to go with Employ Up was extremely helpful, as it seems like it might be a great resource to use.  I have not found a job in this area yet, but I hope to do so in a reasonable amount of time.

Wednesday, Nov 08 2017
    Thank you so much for your candid feedback!

Truly an example of our values around genuine and authentic interactions. This is important feedback that will go into the evaluation and iterations of our program's curriculum.

Please continue to leverage our team to continue your journey.

You didn't leave your name, but don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if I can help, or you have more to share that will improve the experience and outcomes.

The Academy is nothing but a moneymaking venture for the organizers. It is a travesty to give this non-profit status. If someone wants to drop out during the first session (after actually seeing the course work) they won't get ther money back.

The instructors are great but their style is greatly hampered -- they are not alowed to give any handouts nor presentations. Class time is wasted setting up software which should be done ahead of time. People cannot work at their own pace.

Title: Qualls
    Wednesday, Nov 08 2017
    Dear Anonymous,

We're disheartened to read your comments here.  I would be happy to meet with you in person to discuss any issues you have with our program.

Specific to the issues you have shared:

Drop out. We make every attempt to ensure students are qualified to enter our program both in aptitude, attitude, and support. We offer a two-day course to expose the student to the teaching style and classroom pacing. This class also has an instructor and industry assessment that is conducted and shared with the student. Did you take advantage of this opportunity?

Money back. Our refund policy is transparent and available for review through the entire admissions process. We believe our policy of students only paying for the modules they start is a differentiator from other programs. If a student drops in the first module, they are not obligated to pay for the second and third modules. Any money paid that exceeds the cost of the first module is fully refunded.

Handouts and Presentations. There are several e-books that are distributed and fully available to students through the course. Can you be more specific about what you were looking for?

Classroom time setting up software. This is surprising. There is an 'InstallFest' conducted 10 days prior to the start of the course in which we provide orientation and support to set up your machine for the start of the course. In addition, there is a make-up date the week prior to the course should the first one be missed. Did you attend the InstallFest related to your course?

Self Pace learning. Our program is intentionally designed to support the Gradual Release of Responsibility (GRR) learning methodology. We look for every opportunity to challenge students at their skill level. For example, our classroom challenges are broken down into bronze, silver, gold (and at times Platinum) to give students the opportunity to push their skills further. We're sorry this style is not the right fit for you.

As I shared above, happy to speak to you directly on any of these issues to understand.

Wish you every success in your future.

• .NET Track
    - 6/12/2017

Eleven Fifty Academy was one of the best decisions I ever made. The curriculum was challenging, engaging and the instructors made it a really fun environment to learn. Everyone was prepared, and for me specifically, broke things down into digestible pieces so that I could understand and apply my learning. Although I am still looking for a job, I have had a couple of interviews and employers were impressed with what I was able to learn in 12 weeks. I highly recommend this program!

Thursday, Jul 20 2017
    Thank you for your kind words. I hope you are working closely with Chris and  Tonya in the career ready area to assist you in your job pursuit. Don't hesitate to ask for me directly if you feel you are not getting the experience you expect.

I learned not only about Java, but also how all kinds of different technologies work together to create web applications.

Thursday, Apr 20 2017
    Dear Reviewer,

So glad to hear you enjoyed the course!
  • Anonymous • Marketing Operations Specialist • Graduate

Initiallly took the Intro to Coding class, enjoyed it even though the instructor Ari was a little bit of a smart jackass. Besides that I enjoyed the material I was learning and thought I could try coding out as a career. I enrolled in the Java ALP in September and enjoyed it thoroughly learning many skills that people don't normally have. The curriculum was pretty good but sometimes felt like there could be more. It was really about teaching the core aspects of the language we were learning then building simple console applications with what we learned in class. I felt like the course should be a little bit longer considering all the information they throw at you and most people can't absorb information that fast and produce a quality program in that timeframe but it is a "bootcamp". They don't offer apprenticeships anymore and after graduating your job hunting on your own without too much help or guidance on who to talk to. Some people out of my cohort got jobs right away while others changed fields or got another internship somewhere else. They are still building their relationships with potential employers and the community to know that they are producing quality talent.

Thursday, Apr 20 2017
    Dear reviewer,

I seek to understand more about your experience? I am a little confused on the dates of this review. I believe the course your course was in 2016 before we stood up our career assistance programs (internship/apprenticeship and placement) The date of this review is 4/2017 and we have 3 dedicated team members assigned to the student, employer and program.

All of our graduates now receive assistance for 15 months after the completion of the program. I encourage you to reach out to the Career Ready team if you need it.

Reach out to me directly if you wish to share additional concerns or insight on improving the experience with our program. jqualls@elevenfifty.org
  • Great Courses!
    - 10/18/2018
    Daniel • Graduate

I loved the courses. I literally went from knowing very little about code to being capable of getting a full-time job. Really grateful for these courses!

Eleven Fifty Academy Outcomes

Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 38 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries.