eleven-fifty-academy-logo

Eleven Fifty Academy

Hybrid (Online & In-person), Indianapolis, Online

Eleven Fifty Academy

Eleven Fifty Academy is a non-profit coding and cybersecurity bootcamp headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana offering a range of courses from 12-14 week full-time bootcamps to 24-week part-time programs. Eleven Fifty Academy is focused on helping aspiring career-starters with little to no experience as well as tech professionals seeking to enhance their skills. Each course provides a hands-on, project-centric teaching approach for students to grow their soft skills as well as their tech skills in a friendly, entrepreneurial-minded classroom environment. In-person classes are taught at Launch Fishers as well as Downtown Indianapolis.

The Web Development program teaches students JavaScript, HTML, CSS, PostgreSQL, Express, React, and Bootstrap. Students learn pair programming, develop full stack applications, create and deploy web pages, and create a portfolio of finished projects.

The Cybersecurity program includes hands-on training both attacking and defending on a military-grade simulated cybersecurity training range. Students will learn how to conduct and stop cyber attacks, as well as be prepared for an entry-level job in the industry. Students work towards their CompTIA Security+ certification in this program.

The Software Development program gives students the skills to become successful Microsoft .NET software developers. Students will create and deploy web pages, develop full stack applications, and learn modern frameworks and libraries. Students will learn HTML, CSS, .NET, MVC, and REST.

Eleven Fifty Academy offers career prep to their students, including finalizing portfolios, resume and LinkedIn assistance, and offering guidance on professional networking. All programs offered by Eleven Fifty Academy are continuously guided and critiqued by industry advisory boards composed of hiring managers, influencers, and decision makers within the tech ecosystem. Eleven Fifty Academy offers a variety of funding options, including private loans, GI Bill funds, Progressive Income Share Agreements (PISA), and scholarships.

Recent Eleven Fifty Academy Reviews: Rating 4.78

all (134) reviews for Eleven Fifty Academy →

Recent Eleven Fifty Academy News

Read all (40) articles about Eleven Fifty Academy →
  • Cybersecurity 14-Week Bootcamp

Our Cybersecurity program is designed to arm you with real-world experience and the credentials to back it. You'll begin with prework, learning CompTIA A+ basics. Soon after, you are on your way to Network+, and Security+ certifications. As you are earning your certifications, you'll also be gaining experience both attacking (red team) and defending (blue team) on a military-grade cybersecurity simulation range.
     Students may qualify for scholarships and other funding. Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansProgressive Income Share Agreement
    ScholarshipApply to check for qualification
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic ability of computer operation. Knowledge of coding is not required, but is helpful.
  • Cybersecurity 24-Week Bootcamp

Tuition PlansProgressive Income Share Agreement
    ScholarshipApply to check for qualification
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic ability of computer operation. Knowledge of coding is helpful but is not required.
  • Free Introductory Courses - Coding or Cybersecurity

We offer free coding and cybersecurity courses for those who aren't sure if our programs are the right fit. Intro courses are offered Online as well as In-Person. Contact us for information on upcoming dates, or visit elevenfifty.org .
    Minimum Skill LevelAbility to operate a computer.
  • Software Development 12-Week Bootcamp

During our Software Development program, you’ll immerse yourself in the coding experience. From day one, you’ll be getting the hands-on coding experiences you need for a successful coding career. Through this comprehensive coding experience, you’ll master the fundamentals, develop your skills, and learn some of the most in-demand technologies and software. All of this culminates in you being a well-rounded coder with the hard skills needed to start a career and the soft skills to make you a versatile employee.
  • Software Development 24-Week Bootcamp

SQL, REST, .NET, MySQL, MVC, jQuery, HTML, Git, DevOps, Data Analytics , CSS, C#, ASP.NET, Algorithms, Agile
  • Web Development 12-Week Bootcamp

Our JavaScript Course is focused on turning noncoders into well-rounded, versatile coders, or upskilling those who already know other programming languages. From day one, we’ll be working with you to get you prepared for an entry-level coding job. You’ll get hands-on experience and develop the soft skills that you need to land your dream job. Our instructors won’t lecture you from a book or expect you to watch hours of tutorial videos. Instead, they’ll walk you through the fundamentals, help you expand your coding knowledge, and give you the tools you need to become a programming professional.

• Web Development 24-Week Bootcamp

SQL, REST, .NET, MVC, HTML, Git, DevOps, Data Visualization, Data Structures, Data Analytics , CSS, C#, ASP.NET, Algorithms, Agile
    LocationIndianapolis, Hybrid (Online & In-person)
    Our JavaScript-focused Course is focused on turning noncoders into well-rounded, versatile coders, or upskilling those who already know other programming languages. From day one, we’ll be working with you to get you prepared for an entry-level coding job. You’ll get hands-on experience and develop the soft skills that you need to land your dream job. Our instructors won’t lecture you from a book or expect you to watch hours of tutorial videos. Instead, they’ll walk you through the fundamentals, help you expand your coding knowledge, and give you the tools you need to become a programming professional.

• Chris Morrison  User Photo
    Chris Morrison • TechForce Staff Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     I found out about EFA in the middle of 2021 when a lot of things were uncertain in this world. I had recently purchased a new home, adopted a wonderful dog, and was helping my family during a tough time involving cancer- so I already had a lot on my plate. I decided to go to EFA due to a need to change things as well as pivot to a new opportunity to help people.

EFA delivered in full. While I am not the best student, I had a drive to learn and a need to help others (as well as a need for a job, but I digress) that I was able to fully form into ideas and possibilities for my future I never thought possible. The instructors, the structure, the classmates, and the follow-up services with EFA have been amazing and I wouldn't be gladfully employed in the tech world now without their generosity, empathy, and compassion for getting people in jobs that they can see themselves thriving in.

Thank you for everything EFA, you are my superhero.
  • The IT Shepperd
    - 10/6/2021
    Michael Gates  User Photo
    Michael Gates • Cyber Security Analyst I • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Eleven Fifty Academy took me from a beginner with no experience in IT to a novice Cyber Security professional. Their methods mirror those of a shepherd leading a flock of eager learners to a career in IT. They are extremely friendly and knowledgeable throughout the entire process. Upon completion of the whichever course you choose, they have a dedicated team waiting to help place you in the respective industry. After graduating from Eleven Fifty Academy in just a few months, I secured my first job as a Cyber Security Analyst with the excellent help from their placement team.
  • Web dev
    - 10/6/2021
    Jeremy Kincaid  User Photo
    Jeremy Kincaid • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The amount of knowledge I absorbed in the short time here is incredible.
  • John Flood  User Photo
    John Flood • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was able to successfully change careers after graduating from the Full Stack Web Development bootcamp through Eleven Fifty, and would highly recommend it for anyone looking to break into the tech industry and wanting to learn how to code. Through the program we we're able to learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, along with back end technologies like node and express. The teachers we're great, and the office hours we're really helpful when having questions (which was all the time lol). Although there are a lot of great resources available to learn on your own, having access to the teachers and learning assistants was invaluable, and it was great experience working on group projects with other classmates. The career services department will also help with your resume, LinkedIn profile, job search, etc.
  • EFA Cybersecurity
    - 10/4/2021
    Brian S.  User Photo
    Brian S. • Pen-Tester • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Eleven Fifty Academy absolutely changed my life. I was a truck driver who hated trucking. I left trucking in October of 2020 to go through the EFA Cybersecurity course. The instructors were amazing, answering any and every question I could throw at them (and there were a lot of questions). They were knowledgeable and patient with me and helped me to become the Cybersecurity professional that I am today. When I left high school over 10 years ago now, I thought I was stupid and incapable of learning anything quickly. EFA showed me that that was not true at all. Not only did I excel at their courses, I then went on to pursue my Bachelor's Degree in Cybersecurity. I even managed to make it into a sort of Junior Pentesting position where I am able to learn and train on the job in order to become a full-on penetration tester. When I say that EFA changed my life, I mean I went from a job and a life that I hated to having a career that I love, more confidence in myself and my abilities than I have ever had, and a team of friends and now coworkers who are always willing to help me out with learning and continuing to grow.
  • Itza White  User Photo
    Itza White • On-Site IT Technician • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    2020 was a difficult year for a lot of people. I spent 6 years building my career with Sprint and had managed to climb the leadership ladder but the merger dissolved my role. I then took my talents to ATT and started climbing building a career there but COVID hit fast and hard and my role was also dissolved. I felt so lost and aimless, I felt like I was going back to the drawing board but had no idea where to even start. I decided to do one of the scariest things I have ever done, and I decided it was time for a career change. I wanted to go back to school but I did not want to spend years in school and I also did not have the funds. I decided to take a chance on a boot camp and researched for days on the best bootcamps in the country. I found Eleven Fifty Academy on google and began researching, they offered a free intro course which was not offered by many others. I signed up for the intro and they were completely honest with us from the start. They told us it would be hard, and we would have to put in the work but that they would provide us with the tools and curriculum to succeed. I signed up that same day and for the next 3 months I was emersed in cyber security courses. The instructors were very well versed in both network and security and we able to keep us engaged and learning every day. It was no easy by any means, there were a lot of late nights and struggles but they provided you with the support and extra help. They gave you tool after tool to help you learn and if you were struggling, they took the time to try different ways of explaining the subject until it was clear. After I was able to pass both my network and security plus certifications we were given access to a cyberbit range where we were able to put everything we had learned with real world attacks! It was such a blast and so rewarding to see it all put together. While in the cyberbit range I got a change to work with the career placement team and work on my resume and linked in. My career advisor even helped me discover on what I wanted from my next career. I started applying for different roles and within 14 days of graduation I had two offers, my advisor then helped me think through the pro’s and cons of each and eventually I was able to make a decision and that has lead me to my first role in IT. I am an On-site technician and I am l-o-v-i-n-g IT! I learn something new every day and for the first time in a long time I feel passion for my job again. I went into the program having 0 experience in the field of IT and now I am working to build my future in this field and Eleven Fifty gave me the super strong foundation to build on. The future is bright and I can not wait to see where this journey takes me.
  • Tom  User Photo
    Tom • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had a terrible experience and would not recommend the EFA online school.  I don't know anything about the in-person school, but I have heard some of the on-line instructors have moved to in-person learning, so I would expect a similar experience there.  If you look at their instructor profiles on their website:  https://elevenfifty.org/about/our-team/ , they are all recent EFA grads with no experience in teaching or coding.  As far as the executive staff...ignore them, because they will most certainly ignore you.  One of the Senior Instructor's profile starts with "I attended EFA as a student with no coding background...then became an instructor with EFA."  The instructor for 2/3 of my school was not, and still is not listed on their website and looked like he was teaching from his mom's basement.  We were constantly dealing with barking dogs, crying kids and his computer issues.  My biggest complaint is that they don't provide you the material or the instruction to learn, they give you topics and you are expected to go out and find sources to learn.   They use a "watch me code" approach to teaching, but the instructors don't explain what they are doing, and the examples they use were made up and the "Apps" they created had no functionality.   During the entire bootcamp they never showed how to create and deploy a real webpage or app.  EFA works hard to get funding so your school will be free, and they treat you like a freeloader.  Only 4 of the original 30 students graduated, and each new section of our school was backfilled with people who failed out of previous classes.  The graduation and hire statistics on their websites are not accurate, not even close.  During my bootcamp there were 22 instructor led classes and 34 lab classes with no instruction, 2/3 of the 24 week school only had 8 instructor led classes, 4 hours each.  As far as a Portfolio...it was never mentioned again after the first section (1/3) of the school was completed, which only glossed over HTML, CSS and JavaScript.   After the Bootcamp the staff initially responded to my emailed questions, but never followed up with responses and I have never heard from them since.  Other students didn't even get a response at all.   The only job placement they help with is hiring learning assistants for EFA.   I purchased a Udemy React course from Academind and learned React in 3 weeks, save yourself a ton of frustration and bypass EFA, you'll end up buying a Udemy course anyway!
  • Denise Kruse  User Photo
    Denise Kruse • Technical Specialist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    When our world changed drastically due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it was the catalyst for me to pursue my passion and rethink my career. I enrolled in the Eleven Fifty Academy to hone in on my web development skills, and thanks to the skills I learned in the course and the amazing career services team, within less than three months after graduation, I landed an amazing job in the tech field!

I truly can't say enough positive things about Eleven Fifty Academy. The course instructors were incredible. The course work was relevant and challenging, and the instructors often made time outside of class hours to assist with questions and help troubleshoot. I sincerely feel that the web development course prepared me with the skills necessary for me to enter a brand new career in tech. After graduation, the support from career services was integral to my new career. Not only did they offer resume assistance, but the preparation and job lead connections they provided were above and beyond.

I would recommend Eleven Fifty Academy to any one who is interested in a career in tech regardless of age or ability. Looking back, the only advice I would give myself would be to enroll sooner!
  • Full Stack Heaven
    - 7/14/2021
    Paul  User Photo
    Paul • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have attended EFA's Python course back in September of 2019. At that point, I was very skeptical of boot camps. I have done a large amount of research and landed between Flatiron or this. I'm glad that I stuck with EFA.

The best part about the academy comes from its instructors. At first, I was concerned that I will be taught by someone who graduated the Academy itself. My concerns quickly vanished when I realized the level of tech acumen the instructors held. Majority of them are prior graduates who have worked as engineers and decided to then teach others. The whole time you're here, you're surrounded by very smart and knowledgeable staff who cares deeply about your success. The curriculum is solid and ever improving. The technologies being taught are current and constantly updated to reflect what's desirable in the workforce. This results in me getting my first tech job in just two months out of school.

The foundations I have been taught also allowed me to quickly pick up additional languages and frameworks which were required of me on the job.

Highly recommend. My only regret is not doing it nowadays when their Finance team has so many wonderful options that can often cover your entire cost of tuition. Tremendous value.
  • Caleb  User Photo
    Caleb • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Simply put, Eleven Fifty Academy's approach works! With the skills I acquired through the 24-week Software Development Bootcamp, I was able to land an Entry Level Software Developer position with a company out of Indianapolis. I had zero programming/software development experience prior to enrolling in the course.
    - 7/5/2021
    Noland Shirley   User Photo
    Noland Shirley • Front End Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Extremely good coding boot camp. After receiving a job offer in tech, I can confidently say that the fundamentals and challenging problems and course work that the instructors put together set me on a path to becoming a better programmer and think about problems and business solutions with a coders perspective.
  • Bootcamp Graduate
    - 6/30/2021
    Erika Johnson  User Photo
    Erika Johnson • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     I attended Eleven Fifty Academy part time and graduated in February 2021. The Hero's Care Act covered most of the tuition, allowing me to attend the web development course. The course was remote due to the pandemic, so it can be a bit challenging working remotely. This has been one of the best decisions of my life and I now have a contract position as  a web developer/web designer for a digital marketing company. This Bootcamp is very intense and not easy but it is worth it, especially if you want to change careers and get into the tech industry. Getting a job after graduating can be draining and stressful, some people get a job right away other's like myself took about 3months to land a position. The career coaches help you look for positions but I encourage you to apply and look for yourself also.

Eleven Fifty Academy Outcomes

Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 38 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries.