eleven-fifty-academy-logo

Eleven Fifty Academy

Hybrid (Online & In-person), Indianapolis, Online

Eleven Fifty Academy

Eleven Fifty Academy is a non-profit coding and cybersecurity bootcamp headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana offering a range of courses from 12-14 week full-time bootcamps to 24-week part-time programs. Eleven Fifty Academy is focused on helping aspiring career-starters with little to no experience as well as tech professionals seeking to enhance their skills. Each course provides a hands-on, project-centric teaching approach for students to grow their soft skills as well as their tech skills in a friendly, entrepreneurial-minded classroom environment. In-person classes are taught at Launch Fishers as well as Downtown Indianapolis.

The Web Development program teaches students JavaScript, HTML, CSS, PostgreSQL, Express, React, and Bootstrap. Students learn pair programming, develop full stack applications, create and deploy web pages, and create a portfolio of finished projects.

The Cybersecurity program includes hands-on training both attacking and defending on a military-grade simulated cybersecurity training range. Students will learn how to conduct and stop cyber attacks, as well as be prepared for an entry-level job in the industry. Students work towards their CompTIA Security+ certification in this program.

The Software Development program gives students the skills to become successful Microsoft .NET software developers. Students will create and deploy web pages, develop full stack applications, and learn modern frameworks and libraries. Students will learn HTML, CSS, .NET, MVC, and REST.

Eleven Fifty Academy offers career prep to their students, including finalizing portfolios, resume and LinkedIn assistance, and offering guidance on professional networking. All programs offered by Eleven Fifty Academy are continuously guided and critiqued by industry advisory boards composed of hiring managers, influencers, and decision makers within the tech ecosystem. Eleven Fifty Academy offers a variety of funding options, including private loans, GI Bill funds, Progressive Income Share Agreements (PISA), and scholarships.

Recent Eleven Fifty Academy Reviews: Rating 4.73

all (89) reviews for Eleven Fifty Academy →

Recent Eleven Fifty Academy News

Read all (32) articles about Eleven Fifty Academy →
  • Cybersecurity 14-Week Bootcamp

LocationIndianapolis, Hybrid (Online & In-person)
    Our Cybersecurity program is designed to arm you with real-world experience and the credentials to back it. You'll begin with prework, learning CompTIA A+ basics. Soon after, you are on your way to Network+, and Security+ certifications. As you are earning your certifications, you'll also be gaining experience both attacking (red team) and defending (blue team) on a military-grade cybersecurity simulation range.
    Tuition PlansProgressive Income Share Agreement
    ScholarshipApply to check for qualification
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic ability of computer operation. Knowledge of coding is not required, but is helpful.
  • Cybersecurity 24-Week Bootcamp

Tuition PlansProgressive Income Share Agreement
    ScholarshipApply to check for qualification
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic ability of computer operation. Knowledge of coding is helpful but is not required.
  • Free Introductory Courses - Coding or Cybersecurity

LocationIndianapolis, Hybrid (Online & In-person)
    We offer free coding and cybersecurity courses for those who aren't sure if our programs are the right fit. Intro courses are offered Online as well as In-Person. Contact us for information on upcoming dates, or visit elevenfifty.org .
    Minimum Skill LevelAbility to operate a computer.
  • Software Development 12-Week Bootcamp

LocationIndianapolis, Hybrid (Online & In-person)
    During our Software Development program, you’ll immerse yourself in the coding experience. From day one, you’ll be getting the hands-on coding experiences you need for a successful coding career. Through this comprehensive coding experience, you’ll master the fundamentals, develop your skills, and learn some of the most in-demand technologies and software. All of this culminates in you being a well-rounded coder with the hard skills needed to start a career and the soft skills to make you a versatile employee.
  • Software Development 24-Week Bootcamp

MySQL, HTML, Git, C#, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, CSS, DevOps, Data Analytics , Algorithms, Agile, SQL, MVC, REST
  • Web Development 12-Week Bootcamp

LocationIndianapolis, Hybrid (Online & In-person)
    Our JavaScript Course is focused on turning noncoders into well-rounded, versatile coders, or upskilling those who already know other programming languages. From day one, we’ll be working with you to get you prepared for an entry-level coding job. You’ll get hands-on experience and develop the soft skills that you need to land your dream job. Our instructors won’t lecture you from a book or expect you to watch hours of tutorial videos. Instead, they’ll walk you through the fundamentals, help you expand your coding knowledge, and give you the tools you need to become a programming professional.

• Web Development 24-Week Bootcamp

HTML, Git, C#, .NET, ASP.NET, Data Visualization, CSS, DevOps, Data Analytics , Data Structures, Algorithms, Agile, SQL, MVC, REST
    LocationIndianapolis, Hybrid (Online & In-person)
    Our JavaScript-focused Course is focused on turning noncoders into well-rounded, versatile coders, or upskilling those who already know other programming languages. From day one, we’ll be working with you to get you prepared for an entry-level coding job. You’ll get hands-on experience and develop the soft skills that you need to land your dream job. Our instructors won’t lecture you from a book or expect you to watch hours of tutorial videos. Instead, they’ll walk you through the fundamentals, help you expand your coding knowledge, and give you the tools you need to become a programming professional.

• So Worth It!
    - 5/6/2021
    Krystal Becker  User Photo
    Krystal Becker • UI/UX Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had tried other bootcamps before enrolling in Eleven Fifty Academy, and despite all of the work I did, I never felt fully prepared to enter a new career in UX. After graduating from EFA, I felt 100% ready to tackle a career in UX head on, and I knew I had the skills necessary to succeed. What made EFA different was the hands-on, real-world experience I was able to participate in. It gave me an excellent start to my portfolio, which the curriculum focuses on building. The format of the class was also perfect for my learning style. It's the perfect balance between independent work and class participation/group work. I also loved that they introduced us to several people working in the field who gave us a real-world perspective on what it's like to be a UX/UI Designer. And I can't say enough about the career placement team. They are amazing!!
  • Jacob Miller  User Photo
    Jacob Miller • NOC Support Associate • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had a great experience here. Once I got in contact with them they were quick to get me placed and in the classes. Class was effective and hands-on at the right times,, and I was able to get a job pretty quickly out of the cybersecurity program. Couldn't recommend it more! And the career services are so vital, it would be worth going here just for the network alone.
  • Job Ready!
    - 3/30/2021
    Max  User Photo
    Max • Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I cannot say enough about my time at Eleven Fifty Academy. I went in with almost ZERO programming experience and ended being able to write a complete program from beginning to end. The EFA instructor team is amazing! Everyone was always very available for questions and gave effective feedback when needed.

But it's one thing to learn programming, it's a totally other  hurdle in getting a job after graduation. The Career Services team is stacked with total pros in the business and are motivated to help each student with their goals after graduation. They want you to get a job just as much as you do! That may seem like an exaggeration, but it's not! They are the best! They are accessible and respond to you super quickly and are always up for a zoom meeting to help you feel confident in entering the workforce.

Looking back now after having gotten a job as a developer, I see the fruits of the way the curriculum is set up. It sets you up to learn in-demand, job-ready skills. It was really crucial to go into my first meeting already knowing exactly what's expected of me and feeling confident that I can do it.
  • Josh Hambright  User Photo
    Josh Hambright • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Eleven Fifty Academy doesn't only teach you the coding skills needed to land a job in tech. They also teach you the soft skills needed to succeed in a your future role. From how to build a resume, to how to properly google an error to find a relevant solution, to how to work on an AGILE team and nail an interview. You will also learn your language and tech stack with hands on experience from day one, taught by knowledgeable instructors and staff, applying solutions that apply in the real world. Combine all of that with an excellent career services and alumni support system and you've got a combination that will lead you to success in your new career in tech.
  • Luke B.  User Photo
    Luke B. • Security Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was working a job where my skills had expired and I knew if I ever wanted to do something new it would require some new skill set. Eleven Fifty was the perfect choice with their part time schedule for someone like myself that needed to continue to work. I was enrolled in the Cyber 24 week program and through the knowledgeable instructors and design of the program, I was able to get the foundational skills necessary to land me a job. The career services team work with you to strengthen your resume and help connect you with someone so you don’t just end up in a pile of resumes. I will say as a bootcamp the learning is fast! But with determination and commitment it is very possible to succeed.
  • Sam R.  User Photo
    Sam R. • Associate Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I enrolled in the Eleven Fifty Software Development Bootcamp Full time because I wanted to switch careers and get more involved with technology. This was the perfect school that helped not only build on my technical and functional skills, but had the necessary connections to leverage my profile within the Indiana tech network. Shortly after graduating I was hired on as an Associate Software Engineer for a very prominent company in Indianapolis, needless to say I wouldn't be where I was without their help!
  • Jessica Bushong  User Photo
    Jessica Bushong • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I enrolled in Eleven Fifty Academy's part-time web development program back in August-- and, I'm so thankful that I did! I've had several people approach me to ask my thoughts on the program. Here's what I've shared:

1.  The biggest thing I appreciated about this program is that it provided me with the foundational knowledge on how to go about building a full-stack application. When you're just starting out on your journey in becoming a developer, it can be overwhelming to decide where to get started with your learning. There are so many programming languages & frameworks out there-- how do you even decide where to start?  Eleven Fifty Academy's curriculum provided me with a roadmap for which technologies & concepts to prioritize.

2.  As a student, I felt fully supported in my learning.  Whenever I needed clarification on a concept or help debugging code, there was always an instructor or learning assistant ready to assist.  As a part-time student who also worked a full-time job during the program, I really appreciated the opportunity to schedule meetings w/ instructors on evenings & weekends to seek extra help.

3.  ALL of the staff members at Eleven Fifty Academy go out of their way to support & encourage the students of the program.  Making the decision to pivot careers can be scary.  Yet, I found so much comfort in knowing that I had a team of individuals rooting for my success & ready to help in whatever way they could.

Do I recommend Eleven Fifty Academy? -- Absolutely!

• Aaron Larsen  User Photo
    Aaron Larsen • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Before joining Eleven Fifty Academy for their part time Web Development program I was working in the world of Television Broadcasting.  This job industry like others is becoming a victim of downsizing to cut costs. While witnessing this trend I decided to enroll in something that could change my future.

I heard about Eleven Fifty Academy online via random Facebook ads and have looked for free options as well as the price tag was the only factor that was keeping me back from applying. My previous college experience had me hesitant towards inheriting more student debt.  I enrolled just before the Cares Act funding was beginning and due to a delay I was able to take advantage of the massive discount. With a big financial burden lifted I could finally go ahead and dive into the world of tech.

Right away I realized this wouldn't be a walk in the the park as you are thrown into a world where simple typos and the wrong character could leave you in sheer panic and frustration for hours. That's until the great teaching staff at Eleven Fifty Academy throw you a life saver and guide to you to stay afloat. I can't say enough about the great structure the class had from working through the key fundamentals then before you know it you are working on your own projects. There were several moments of utter exhaustion that wanted me to quit and made a me feel like I couldn't do it. The learning assistants and teachers were always there to guide you to get you back on track.

If you are considering this course or any other course at Eleven Fifty Academy I would recommend setting up a quiet place where you can focus and also use any means necessary to manage your time. Time management was was nemesis in my college years and it slowly crept into my teaching here. Also make yourself code something or do challenges everyday to keep yourself involved in this new world as much as possible.

But as the title suggests it was a great experience where I met some new allies that will help me along the way to getting my feet wet in the world of tech. Always remember you aren't alone even after graduation with friends and collogues always ready to throw in a life saver to keep you afloat.
  • Kieran Schwegman  User Photo
    Kieran Schwegman • Full Stack Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I went here just wanting to get a stable job in the field without any field experience, and only knowing the fundamentals of some languages. At first it was pretty intense, but if you pull through and stick with the course you learn the languages and stacks, as well as what to build when you start bridging to other languages. I loved the teachers, they were all awesome, and helped me every step of way through the course. They teach the fundamentals, then dive into the complex stuff you'd work on in the field. Halfway through the course they start helping you find jobs, and they're very dialed into the Indy Tech network, which was a lifesaver for the stress of job searching. I can't thank Eleven Fifty enough for all it's help, and I'd love to spread some love so they can be heard. It's been a year since I worked at Eleven Fifty, check out my LinkedIn or Github. I don't have much experience, but I've came a long way and learned a bunch that I wouldn't have without them. https://www.linkedin.com/in/kieran-schwegman/ and https://github.com/roninMo . Anyways, take care guys, I learned more here than I did in college for stuff related to the field, and they helped me find a job! (;
  • E. T. Drumm  User Photo
    E. T. Drumm • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I attended the JavaScript bootcamp as a student and then was hired to part-time teach the next year. I can say these people are extremely devoted to what they're doing and truly know what they're talking about; seriously, they're exactly the type of individuals I want to be learning from and working alongside the rest of my career. I came in knowing more than most people do but I've learned so much and I credit that completely  to the staff and the environment they create for the students (as well as the faculty). You can really flourish here.
  • Benjamin J.  User Photo
    Benjamin J. • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I took a course teaching iOS app development using Swift back when Eleven Fifty was just starting (Fall 2014).  I'm sure they have changed and improved a lot in the past six years, but I will speak a bit about my experience.  The philosophy is very much about immersive coding.  The days were long hours of learning and working on code projects, but at the end of the week, I felt my aptitude was at another level.

It's been six years since I've taken that class.  I haven't done much with mobile development, but I was able to apply the learning philosophy to learn Python and C++ effectively and efficiently in the same way that Eleven Fifty taught with swift.  To speak to the power of this learning approach, I start at one of the "Big Four" tech companies next week!  I am very grateful for the opportunities that have opened up with programming, and attribute much of that success to Eleven Fifty and their immersion philosophy.
  • Paul  User Photo
    Paul • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     The Eleven Fifty program succeeded in taking me where I was at the time (two online CS courses*, a basic understanding of a few programming languages) and getting me to a place where I could confidently apply for jobs. The team project experience came up a lot in interviews. Three months after the program I landed a developer position at a great company, where I’m still using many of the skills I picked up here.

*CS50 and MIT’s Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python, both available for free on Edx.org

Eleven Fifty Academy Outcomes

Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 38 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries.