eleven-fifty-academy-logo

Eleven Fifty Academy

Hybrid (Online & In-person), Indianapolis, Online

Eleven Fifty Academy

Eleven Fifty Academy is a non-profit coding and cybersecurity bootcamp headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana offering a range of courses from 12-14 week full-time bootcamps to 24-week part-time programs. Eleven Fifty Academy is focused on helping aspiring career-starters with little to no experience as well as tech professionals seeking to enhance their skills. Each course provides a hands-on, project-centric teaching approach for students to grow their soft skills as well as their tech skills in a friendly, entrepreneurial-minded classroom environment. In-person classes are taught at Launch Fishers as well as Downtown Indianapolis.

The Web Development program teaches students JavaScript, HTML, CSS, PostgreSQL, Express, React, and Bootstrap. Students learn pair programming, develop full stack applications, create and deploy web pages, and create a portfolio of finished projects.

The Cybersecurity program includes hands-on training both attacking and defending on a military-grade simulated cybersecurity training range. Students will learn how to conduct and stop cyber attacks, as well as be prepared for an entry-level job in the industry. Students work towards their CompTIA Security+ certification in this program.

The Software Development program gives students the skills to become successful Microsoft .NET software developers. Students will create and deploy web pages, develop full stack applications, and learn modern frameworks and libraries. Students will learn HTML, CSS, .NET, MVC, and REST.

Eleven Fifty Academy offers career prep to their students, including finalizing portfolios, resume and LinkedIn assistance, and offering guidance on professional networking. All programs offered by Eleven Fifty Academy are continuously guided and critiqued by industry advisory boards composed of hiring managers, influencers, and decision makers within the tech ecosystem. Eleven Fifty Academy offers a variety of funding options, including private loans, GI Bill funds, Progressive Income Share Agreements (PISA), and scholarships.

Recent Eleven Fifty Academy Reviews: Rating 4.79

all (121) reviews for Eleven Fifty Academy →

Recent Eleven Fifty Academy News

Read all (36) articles about Eleven Fifty Academy →
  • Cybersecurity 14-Week Bootcamp

Our Cybersecurity program is designed to arm you with real-world experience and the credentials to back it. You'll begin with prework, learning CompTIA A+ basics. Soon after, you are on your way to Network+, and Security+ certifications. As you are earning your certifications, you'll also be gaining experience both attacking (red team) and defending (blue team) on a military-grade cybersecurity simulation range.
     Students may qualify for scholarships and other funding. Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansProgressive Income Share Agreement
    ScholarshipApply to check for qualification
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic ability of computer operation. Knowledge of coding is not required, but is helpful.
  • Cybersecurity 24-Week Bootcamp

Tuition PlansProgressive Income Share Agreement
    ScholarshipApply to check for qualification
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic ability of computer operation. Knowledge of coding is helpful but is not required.
  • Free Introductory Courses - Coding or Cybersecurity

We offer free coding and cybersecurity courses for those who aren't sure if our programs are the right fit. Intro courses are offered Online as well as In-Person. Contact us for information on upcoming dates, or visit elevenfifty.org .
    Minimum Skill LevelAbility to operate a computer.
  • Software Development 12-Week Bootcamp

During our Software Development program, you’ll immerse yourself in the coding experience. From day one, you’ll be getting the hands-on coding experiences you need for a successful coding career. Through this comprehensive coding experience, you’ll master the fundamentals, develop your skills, and learn some of the most in-demand technologies and software. All of this culminates in you being a well-rounded coder with the hard skills needed to start a career and the soft skills to make you a versatile employee.
  • Software Development 24-Week Bootcamp

SQL, REST, .NET, MySQL, MVC, jQuery, HTML, Git, DevOps, Data Analytics , CSS, C#, ASP.NET, Algorithms, Agile
  • Web Development 12-Week Bootcamp

Our JavaScript Course is focused on turning noncoders into well-rounded, versatile coders, or upskilling those who already know other programming languages. From day one, we’ll be working with you to get you prepared for an entry-level coding job. You’ll get hands-on experience and develop the soft skills that you need to land your dream job. Our instructors won’t lecture you from a book or expect you to watch hours of tutorial videos. Instead, they’ll walk you through the fundamentals, help you expand your coding knowledge, and give you the tools you need to become a programming professional.

• Web Development 24-Week Bootcamp

SQL, REST, .NET, MVC, HTML, Git, DevOps, Data Visualization, Data Structures, Data Analytics , CSS, C#, ASP.NET, Algorithms, Agile
    LocationIndianapolis, Hybrid (Online & In-person)
    Our JavaScript-focused Course is focused on turning noncoders into well-rounded, versatile coders, or upskilling those who already know other programming languages. From day one, we’ll be working with you to get you prepared for an entry-level coding job. You’ll get hands-on experience and develop the soft skills that you need to land your dream job. Our instructors won’t lecture you from a book or expect you to watch hours of tutorial videos. Instead, they’ll walk you through the fundamentals, help you expand your coding knowledge, and give you the tools you need to become a programming professional.

• Full Stack Heaven
    - 7/14/2021
    Paul  User Photo
    Paul • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have attended EFA's Python course back in September of 2019. At that point, I was very skeptical of boot camps. I have done a large amount of research and landed between Flatiron or this. I'm glad that I stuck with EFA.

The best part about the academy comes from its instructors. At first, I was concerned that I will be taught by someone who graduated the Academy itself. My concerns quickly vanished when I realized the level of tech acumen the instructors held. Majority of them are prior graduates who have worked as engineers and decided to then teach others. The whole time you're here, you're surrounded by very smart and knowledgeable staff who cares deeply about your success. The curriculum is solid and ever improving. The technologies being taught are current and constantly updated to reflect what's desirable in the workforce. This results in me getting my first tech job in just two months out of school.

The foundations I have been taught also allowed me to quickly pick up additional languages and frameworks which were required of me on the job.

Highly recommend. My only regret is not doing it nowadays when their Finance team has so many wonderful options that can often cover your entire cost of tuition. Tremendous value.
  • Caleb  User Photo
    Caleb • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Simply put, Eleven Fifty Academy's approach works! With the skills I acquired through the 24-week Software Development Bootcamp, I was able to land an Entry Level Software Developer position with a company out of Indianapolis. I had zero programming/software development experience prior to enrolling in the course.
    - 7/5/2021
    Noland Shirley   User Photo
    Noland Shirley • Front End Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Extremely good coding boot camp. After receiving a job offer in tech, I can confidently say that the fundamentals and challenging problems and course work that the instructors put together set me on a path to becoming a better programmer and think about problems and business solutions with a coders perspective.
  • Bootcamp Graduate
    - 6/30/2021
    Erika Johnson  User Photo
    Erika Johnson • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     I attended Eleven Fifty Academy part time and graduated in February 2021. The Hero's Care Act covered most of the tuition, allowing me to attend the web development course. The course was remote due to the pandemic, so it can be a bit challenging working remotely. This has been one of the best decisions of my life and I now have a contract position as  a web developer/web designer for a digital marketing company. This Bootcamp is very intense and not easy but it is worth it, especially if you want to change careers and get into the tech industry. Getting a job after graduating can be draining and stressful, some people get a job right away other's like myself took about 3months to land a position. The career coaches help you look for positions but I encourage you to apply and look for yourself also.
  • Life Chagner
    - 6/30/2021
    Aaron  User Photo
    Aaron • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This was a great experience for me. I transitioned from the real estate industry into tech and Eleven Fifty Academy was a great option to help prepare me. Beware, the curriculum is fast-paced as it packs a lot of knowledge is a short period of time! My instructor was a great teacher and was very knowledgeable. They even assisted me on some portions of my project that were outside of the scope for the class. The entire company is definitely focusing on continuous learning. I am know a Learning Assistant for EFA on top of landing another position as a software engineer!
  • Jennifer Wagoner  User Photo
    Jennifer Wagoner • Associate Consultant - Software Engineer I • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Eleven Fifty Academy's program is inclusive and excellently-taught. The instructors are extremely knowledgeable and, more than that, are committed to making connections and helping students succeed. Even in a remote environment, the teaching methods are effective. The curriculum is in tune with current technology trends, and students will leave these programs equipped with modern, in-demand skills to land a job in today's tech landscape.
  • John  User Photo
    John • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I attended the Web Development bootcamp at 1150 Academy and had a truly life-changing experience. Not only did I get introduced to code, I quickly became immersed in it. I got the hands-on experience of a real world dev environment with the support and accountability that the professors at 1150 offered. The careers team was paramount in getting my current role. I was assigned a personal representative from the careers team that helped me with every step of the process.
  • Anna  User Photo
    Anna • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Got to go FOR FREE because of the cares act! The whole staff and environment of Eleven Fifty was really great. If you put the work in these courses will definitely pay off. The career assistance did a really great job of reaching out to me and keeping me on track(which I appreciate because I'm the most unorganized person ever) The instructors are very sweet and encouraging + the weekly one on one meetings are nice. The TA's are very helpful and active, there are a lot of resources provided by them to get help when you need it outside of class. My only complaint for this course would be that I felt a bit unprepared to tackle technical interview questions, there was some material covering this however I did feel a bit lost trying to navigate more complex algorithms on my own.
  • Graduate
    - 6/29/2021
    Brian Campassi  User Photo
    Brian Campassi • Software Dev • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Top to bottom, Eleven Fifty Academy is a top notch organization.  Everyone, the instructors, learning assistants, career counselors, learning gym staff, enrollment and onboarding staff, all the founders and higher ups,  and everyone else has been awesome.  The content of the curriculum in the classroom was perfect and prepared me for my current job.
  • Sean Perkins  User Photo
    Sean Perkins • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    It is never too late to start something new!

I had been stuck in a job that paid well but drained my batteries more than it recharged them. That is where I finally learned that passion > paycheck. I decided to take advantage of the cares act and enroll in the 12 week Web Development bootcamp at Eleven Fifty. The one thing I noticed immediately after starting was, this is challenging but in a good way! I was getting challenged in ways that my previous jobs had never challenged me before. It was exciting!

After a few weeks into the program, it was very evident that the instructors genuinely cared about your development and you as a person. Every instructor made a conscious effort to listen and engage with the students and learn a little more about them each day.

If you put in the effort and work, you will gain great things out of this boot camp. I would 100% recommend this boot camp to anyone looking to change careers and challenge themselves to learn something new and better themselves every day!
  • Dustie  User Photo
    Dustie • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I have worked in customer service and operations my entire career, zero coding experience.  I was skeptical I was going to be a coder, but with intense focus and determination this program delivered.  I worked full-time and have 2 children.  Even with my husband picking up nearly everything, there were still many late nights and a tear or two when I became overwhelmed.  The hardest part was finding the uninterrupted time for practice and assignments while trying to balance life. If I had it to do again, I would DEFINITELY go full-time!

This instructors and learning assistants were encouraging and supportive, they were truly committed to my success.

• Virginia  User Photo
    Virginia • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I actually attended the 24 week Part-Time Web Development Course.

Due to Indiana CARES Act Scholarships I was able to attend Eleven Fifty Academy 100% for free, but I can honestly say after the fact that it would have been worth it if I had paid full price. Eleven Fifty allowed me to launch from a completely unrelated field into the tech industry. I had done some code studying on my own before attending ( with free online resources) which helped tremendously with the fast pace at the beginning of the course. However, the free resources did not give me direction, guidance, troubleshooting, or camaraderie with my cohort, all of which is needed to actually get through this material. I would say we went through most of the material I had learned on my own within just the first 3 weeks of the course.

While my class was part-time, only meeting 2-3 days of the week, I had access to assistance from Instructors and Learning Assistants throughout the week, and was able to jump in a zoom room with them for troubleshooting easily. You have to be willing to bring gumption and plenty of time to this program, but you have all the support you need to succeed.

My cohort went through HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, GIT, NODE, REACT, and TYPESCRIPT (plus some other smaller technologies), although they are constantly updating the curriculum to match what is actually needed in the working world. You definitely learn as a class, and will get experience in working with a team on a code base using Git and becoming comfortable with presentation skills.

Lastly, I will say their Career Services team is excellent. You will get resume guidance, mock interviews, and 1-on-1 meetings. While I have not found a full time Development job yet (only 1 month out), they personally helped me land a paid summer internship and another sought after training program. I also have an interview next week for a full-time fall internship from their recommendation. They clearly have lots of connections and their fingers on the pulse of the tech hiring world, particularly in Indianapolis.

Eleven Fifty Academy Outcomes

Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 38 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries.