devtree-academy-logo

Devtree Academy

Sandpoint

Devtree Academy

Devtree Academy is a 12-week software engineering immersive program in Sandpoint, Idaho. The mission at Devtree Academy is to empower students to build a purposeful career in technology, through an immersive learning experience. DevTree accomplishes this through mentorship and hands-on learning to provide students with the tools and resources necessary to succeed.

Throughout 12 weeks, students will learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript and basic building blocks of the web, along with application design and development, servers, and cloud solutions. To apply, prospective students will need to fill out a short online application stating their background and programming experience. Throughout the course, every student will have the opportunity to build out a well-rounded portfolio of individual and team projects to show prospective employers, and career development assistance is included in the last two weeks of the program.

Recent Devtree Academy Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (3) reviews for Devtree Academy →

Recent Devtree Academy News

• Intro to Coding (Prep Course)

HTML, CSS
    In PersonPart Time10 Hours/week1 Week
    $0
    Sandpoint
    This course is based out of the Sandpoint campus, and will also be available online also.
    Interview

• Mariah Grey • Graduate

Before coming to Devtree Academy, I did online coursework but found that I would do better in a classroom environment. I'm so glad that I made that choice.

The staff at Devtree were friendly, knowledgable, and willing to help me work through mental blocks and go over information again until I felt comfortable and had a good grasp on the curriciulum. Working on large group projects and smaller individual projects gave a great variety of experiences, as well as let us work with multiple people who had differing opinions and taught us to work through that kind of a challenge. Isaiah was clearly knowledgable about each part of the course he was teaching and made sure each student was engaged throughout the daily lessons. I felt like the languages covered through the course were all useful and applicable.

The housing offered through Devtree was great. They provided a nice-sized bedroom as well as shared common space with the kitchen and living area.

Overall, I was pleased with my experience and the time spent at Devtree Academy, and would highly recommend it to anyone interested.

• Gabriel Martin • Graduate
    I tried self-teaching with free online courses but felt I wasn't making any progress. I decided to give Devtree Academy a shot and I'm not disappointed with my decision! The twelve-week program was nothing short of immersive. They focus on pair programming and project-based learning. The staff and peers were always open to questions and willing to help wherever needed.    If you're thinking about attending this boot camp my advice is this: have an open mind, don't be afraid to ask questions, be willing to put in the time.   Overall, my experience at Devtree Academy was great. It was definitely a struggle at times but I would do it again. I will be recommending this school to friends and family.
  • Calvin Rafferty • Graduate

Dabbled in computer programming a couple months with online courses but lost my motivation. Learned about the school from a free workshop they held and decided that this school would help me stay motivated. Amazing school awesome environment. Good curriculum you learn a lot within the 12 week immersive course. Amazing teacher that is willing to help when you get stuck. And my other peers were awesome at helping out as well. The staff is amazing as well keeping the facility clean. Would recommend to anyone interested in learning a lot about computer programming definitely need to have a willingness to learn. They do provide housing and a delicious meal every Friday for lunch.