Data Science Dream Job
Data Science Dream Job offers a self-paced online course to help aspiring data scientists land a job. The course includes 150 hours of material and covers goal setting, understanding the data science industry, technical skills, portfolio creation, personal branding, resume guidance, interview prep, and negotiation skills. Students learn via online videos, optional monthly mentoring calls, and participation in a student slack channel. Students receive weekly feedback on projects, assignments, and resumes. The course is designed and run by Kyle McKiou who used similar techniques to launch his own career in data science.
There is no admissions process to be admitted to Data Science Dream Job – there is open enrollment for anybody that wants to join. Applicants must fill out an online form and enter their payment information to begin the course.
Data Science Dream Job offers a money-back job guarantee for anyone who doesn’t receive a job offer in a data science field within 90 days of completing the course. The program provides guidance for students preparing their resumes, LinkedIn accounts, and Github profiles, as well as advice for interviewing, networking, and communicating with recruiters. Students will also receive preparation for technical screens, take-home assignments, and coding challenges.
Recent Data Science Dream Job Reviews: Rating 4.93
Recent Data Science Dream Job News
- Algorithms, Data Analytics , Data Science, Data Structures, Data Visualization, Machine Learning
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $2,997 Class size N/A Location OnlineData Science Dream Job offers a self-paced online course to help aspiring data scientists land a job. The course includes 150 hours of material and covers goal setting, understanding the data science industry, technical skills, portfolio creation, personal branding, resume guidance, interview prep, and negotiation skills. Students learn via online videos, optional monthly mentoring calls, and participation in a student slack channel. Students receive weekly feedback on projects, assignments, and resumes.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans A 6-month payment plan to spread out the payments. Refund / Guarantee Data Science Dream Job offers a money-back job guarantee for anyone who doesn’t receive a job offer in a data science field within 90 days of completing the course.
Minimum Skill Level None Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No
Data Science Dream Job Reviews
147 reviews sorted by:
- Data Scientist- 5/20/2021Jia WuThe content was great and the staff were great. You need to know that in order to get in the field you will have to put in a lot of effort. The bootcamp will provide as much help as you need or want, but it's ultimately how much you can put in. I have written down my experience with dsdj here:
- Fantastic course!- 5/20/2021Amy • Data Analyst • Student • Course: Full Course • Campus: OnlineThis course is incredible if you want to land a job in the field of data science. It starts off by teaching you about mindset and then moves onto technical skills before teaching you how to get the job.
For full transparency, this course does not teach you how to code although it does give you access to online courses or books to learn this yourself. I had previously done a couple of courses in both Python and SQL before taking this course but some people come in with no experience at all and still get a great job at the end of it!
The thing that made this course so helpful to me was the AMAZING resume template, the LinkedIn email templates and the mentors and Slack community. The resume template and the email templates made me stand out from from the crowd which meant I was fast-tracked for interviews.
The mentors are super helpful on Slack and they also hold office hours almost everyday. Whenever I was stuck on something, I would post a question on Slack and I received a response in less than 24 hours - I can’t even get an appointment to see my doctor that quickly!
I haven’t even mentioned yet that this course enabled me to secure a job as a Lead Data Analyst and this happens to other course participants almost every other day. It’s so motivating to hear everyone’s success stories and even after finding a job, it feels like a huge privilege to be part of such a fantastic community, I’m so grateful that I found this course!
- Analyst- 1/7/2021Rasham • Applicant • Campus: Online
- Worst experience- 12/20/2020Harpreet BhullarI had worst experience with them. I didn’t like their content. It is scam. They told they will refund if i did not get the job. I didn’t refund my money. I didn’t learn any skill from them.
Do not go for them if you want to learn technical skills I wast my $3000. Never ever recommend anyone
- Nice content course- 12/16/2020Sucheta • Student • Course: Full Course • Campus: Online
- Great resource- 9/19/2020Azriel Ghadooshahy • Data Scientist • Student • Course: Full Course • Campus: Online
- Essential Data Science & Job Seeking Skills- 8/14/2020Stephen Anderson • Student • Course: Full Course • Campus: OnlineThis course is very focused on helping you get your dream job. Their approach and philosophy is that you shouldn't wait until you've accumulated all the technical skills you want, but that you should focus on a core set of skills and then start interviewing while you continue to improve your technical skills and job seeking skills.
They provide you with a curated list of books, articles, and courses to help you get the essential skills needed for any data-science related job. They also have a supportive community on Slack, office hours with mentors every day, and lots of really good content. They do not provide all the content. You are directed towards other resources, and some of them cost money. This could be considered a negative, but I think it's a good exercise in lifelong learning.
I was a little frustrated when I started the program that there was so much focus on vision and goals in the first modules, but I know it's the kind of stuff that will keep me going towards my goal.
- Awesome Course- 8/14/2020Shreyash Patra • Student • Student • Campus: Online
- Student- 8/7/2020ApurvThis course provides the resources to learn data science. It's not instructor based training but it gives you all the resources to learn it by yourself.
If you get stuck in the process, mentors are always there to support you. Mentors help if you need clarification on data science topics and they help a lot in resume critics/job search process.
- Best course and best community- 7/16/2020Anish Somaiah • Data Scientist • Graduate • Course: Full Course • Campus: Online
- Srushti R S • AI Engineer • Graduate • Course: Full Course • Campus: OnlineDSDJ offers all the defused advice available over the internet at one place, concise, precise, and structured to serve students. It helps if you have technical skills, but they have a ton of material to help if you don't. The lectures around job seeking in particular are invaluable, and teach you the importance of 'the ask'.
I would recommend this course to anyone looking for a job in this field. After my graduation with MS, this course helped me navigate the jungles of online applications and securing job as an AI Engineer at a Startup!
- Totally worth it !- 7/8/2020Eeleen • Campus: OnlineI joined DSDJ a while back. The thing I love the most is the mentoring calls and super interactive slack community. The course provide pathways and guidance on how to get into the field of data science, what you need to become a data scientist, do you see yourself as a data scientist, and the resources is super AWESOME! Books materials, YouTube videos and various links to different aspects of data sciences is PRICELESS! With that said, there are also technical workshops, introducing concepts and steps and understandings by topic. Those workshops gave me an idea on my interest level. Workshops as such is what I used to gauge my interests. In conclusion, there are plenty of resources and support for one to be a great data scientist.