data-science-dream-job-logo

Data Science Dream Job

Data Science Dream Job

Data Science Dream Job offers a self-paced online course to help aspiring data scientists land a job. The course includes 150 hours of material and covers goal setting, understanding the data science industry, technical skills, portfolio creation, personal branding, resume guidance, interview prep, and negotiation skills. Students learn via online videos, optional monthly mentoring calls, and participation in a student slack channel. Students receive weekly feedback on projects, assignments, and resumes. The course is designed and run by Kyle McKiou who used similar techniques to launch his own career in data science.

There is no admissions process to be admitted to Data Science Dream Job – there is open enrollment for anybody that wants to join. Applicants must fill out an online form and enter their payment information to begin the course.

Data Science Dream Job offers a money-back job guarantee for anyone who doesn’t receive a job offer in a data science field within 90 days of completing the course. The program provides guidance for students preparing their resumes, LinkedIn accounts, and Github profiles, as well as advice for interviewing, networking, and communicating with recruiters. Students will also receive preparation for technical screens, take-home assignments, and coding challenges.

Recent Data Science Dream Job Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (147) reviews for Data Science Dream Job →

Recent Data Science Dream Job News

• Full Course

Tuition PlansA 6-month payment plan to spread out the payments.
      Refund / GuaranteeData Science Dream Job offers a money-back job guarantee for anyone who doesn’t receive a job offer in a data science field within 90 days of completing the course.
      Minimum Skill LevelNone
      Prep WorkNone
    • Anushree   User Photo
      Anushree • Data Scientist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      The course was a complete end-to-end steps to become a data scientist. I owe my success of being a data science intern and finally getting a full-time job as a data science developer to the DSDJ and the entire community. I constantly apply Kyle's advice on my day-to-day life, listen to weekly mentoring sessions and technical session in ML when I have the time. I particularly love the 1-1 office hours. Everyone is really welcoming and supportive. Thanks for creating such an elaborate and awesome course! :)
    • Bharath  User Photo
      Bharath • Data Scientist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Joining the course is the best decision and lifetime investment I have ever made.  Without Kyles Advice and mentoring sessions I wouldn't have been where I am now. With this course, you will get access to interact with the community of like-minded people that are continuous learners. If I look back, I have totally changed the way I think about things and opportunities because of the lessons learned from this program. Thanks to kyle and the mentors for coming up with an amazing course structure.

• Lifetime Value
      - 1/27/2020
      Alex Lim  User Photo
      Alex Lim • Data Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I completed this course almost one year ago, but am still applying the lessons and ways of thinking I’ve learned from the course every single day. The course layout was extremely engaging, but the best part was the unwavering support and positivity from the community and mentors. They all genuinely care for every member’s professional AND personal development. If you’re willing to put in the work and apply the lessons, it will definitely transform your career and mindset. I still think it was the best money I’ve spent towards my career goals!

• Navya Mekera  User Photo
      Navya Mekera • Lead Marketing Data Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

If not for DSDJ, I would have settled for a far less comfortable job and life. But this program makes you realize what you're worth.

The field of data science is overwhelming. I had been trying so hard for months to find the "right" guide to landing my first job as a data professional. I had skimmed through courses on Kaggle, YouTube etc. I personally reached out to hundreds of professionals in the data science community on Twitter, on LinkedIn, to see if I can find a mentor. I had applied to at least 1000 jobs and I was disheartened about the lack of return on my countless hours of efforts.

And then DSDJ happened.

I learnt that landing a job is so much more than having the right technical skills. I was able to channel my energy in the right direction and landed a 6 figure offer. The course offers the kind of mentorship and guidance I was unable to find anywhere else, and that I was so desperately seeking.

I'll be honest, I was hesitant at first, I was afraid this is just going to be another failed effort. But frankly I felt like I was running out of things to try and signed up anyway, and it turned out to be the best decisions I made.

• Segun Adelowo  User Photo
      Segun Adelowo • Data scientist • Verified via LinkedIn

DSDJ helps remove the frustration in learning Data science, the mentorship program makes sure you are taking the right steps towards your data science goals. The mentors are very knowledgable about data science and the application of it to solve business problems. You are never alone! :)

• Revathi Kanduri  User Photo
      Revathi Kanduri • Aspiring data scientist • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

i don't want to say this is a course for data Scientists alone to partake. Yes all the technical resources are about data science but I believe the true power of this course is in guiding us on how to reshape our thinking , our limitations we set in achieving our goal.
      It has tools and techniques on how to make our self image into what we want to become, how to change our mindset from any failing experience into a learning one, how to cope up with your ambitious goals by working little every day, keeping yourself positive and maintaining that same environment around you.
      If you are trying to do a career shift like me, and need an understanding how to break into this new field then get on. If you have a friend who wants to get into data science tag him/her along. You both would get benefit out of this.
      I feel this course had opened up a channel of unlocked potential in me, to be resilient and continue pursuing my dream.

• Preet Rajdeo  User Photo
      Preet Rajdeo • Verified via LinkedIn

DSDJ is perfect for someone who's mastered the foundations of data science and wants to take it a step ahead. They make no qualms about letting you know how difficult it is to become a data scientist - its hard and they know it but they give you the resources to master the data science skillset, provide you with more than enough resources, mentorship and the support of like-minded people who're on the same journey as you are.

Its a great course!

• Data Scientist, NLP
      - 11/19/2019
      Lediona Nishani  User Photo
      Lediona Nishani • Data Scientist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

This is one of the best  investment that you can do fo your career if you want to break into data science. The full course teaches you not only technical skills to crush interviews, but helps develop your mindset so that when you go to the interviews you are confident that you are going to crush every touvh question asked at you. It teaches the whole process from the early stage interviews, what to expect and how to prep for technical interviews, take home assignments, hackerrank challenges till the onsite interviews. After passing the onsite ,m there is another really crucial step Negotiation. This skill one of the moist critical one to develop if you wanna have successful career and climb data science ladder quickly. Early negotiation can positively impact and compound all your career.
      And one other component is the community created in the courcse through slack channel. You can have the response for every question or help when you re stuck in your code. The best data science commiunity ever, and you will be connected with these amazing humans for life even after getting that dream Job. Everybody can do it!!!

• Thiago do Couto  User Photo
      Thiago do Couto • CTO • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Being direct as I am: I've made five of the most TOP non-free Data Science courses online and I really can't compare DSDJ with any of them. I would be dishonest with the comparison. The fulfillment of its purpose, the followup, the mentoring program, the community (the community deserves a dedicated post - it's awesome), the support from the tutors and the portfolio drive-through exceeds (a lot) the original objective.

• Jeff Anderson  User Photo
      Jeff Anderson • Principal Engineer • Verified via LinkedIn

This course is great at so many levels it's hard to do it justice.  It is not just a great technical training program.  And it is that.  On top of that it is a:

Mentoring Program

Resume / LinkedIn review and direction

Interview prep and practice

Incredibly responsive support

Life coaching

An active community of members supporting each other.

I am now teaching Data Analytics at Rice University and just finished my first ever conference speech at DatascienceGo 2019 all thanks to the hard work and the awesome DSDJ family.  I can't wait to finish and see what comes next!

• Bryan D • Graduate
      I’ve been in the marketing industry for over 10 years now but I wanted to get more into digital marketing. The problem was I was having a hard time transitioning as most of my work experience was in field marketing and events. What drew me to JobPrepped was the fact that I could get marketing work experience in the areas I wasn’t able to get at my company doing my job. I loved the work experience assignments they gave me as this has made it so much easier to transition into a digital marketing role now that I have this experience through JobPrepped. If only I knew about this program right after college I’d probably be so much further along in my career by now. Super cool program and definitely worth the cost - 10/10 very highly recommend!
    • Derek S • Student
      I have really enjoyed my experience with the Data Science Dream Job program. The program is very well outlined with a clear path on how to reach your goals. The program offers a money back guarantee if you are unable to secure a job within 90 days of completing the program. The program provides technical guidance on materials that have been vetted by the program leaders. Beyond the technical scope and where this program stands out to me is the training on how to land that dream job. Mindset, resumes, portfolios, interviews, negotiations and more are covered thoroughly throughout the program. Finally, the growing slack community and office hours gives you the ability to interact with others for additional guidance and mentorship.