data-science-dream-job-logo

Data Science Dream Job

Data Science Dream Job

Data Science Dream Job offers a self-paced online course to help aspiring data scientists land a job. The course includes 150 hours of material and covers goal setting, understanding the data science industry, technical skills, portfolio creation, personal branding, resume guidance, interview prep, and negotiation skills. Students learn via online videos, optional monthly mentoring calls, and participation in a student slack channel. Students receive weekly feedback on projects, assignments, and resumes. The course is designed and run by Kyle McKiou who used similar techniques to launch his own career in data science.

There is no admissions process to be admitted to Data Science Dream Job – there is open enrollment for anybody that wants to join. Applicants must fill out an online form and enter their payment information to begin the course.

Data Science Dream Job offers a money-back job guarantee for anyone who doesn’t receive a job offer in a data science field within 90 days of completing the course. The program provides guidance for students preparing their resumes, LinkedIn accounts, and Github profiles, as well as advice for interviewing, networking, and communicating with recruiters. Students will also receive preparation for technical screens, take-home assignments, and coding challenges.

Recent Data Science Dream Job Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (147) reviews for Data Science Dream Job →

Recent Data Science Dream Job News

• Full Course

Tuition PlansA 6-month payment plan to spread out the payments.
      Refund / GuaranteeData Science Dream Job offers a money-back job guarantee for anyone who doesn’t receive a job offer in a data science field within 90 days of completing the course.
      Minimum Skill LevelNone
      Prep WorkNone
    • Best Investment
      - 10/28/2019
      Noelle

After grduating with my master's degree and going months with no job leads, I decided it was time to invest in my career and signed up for this course. I cannot say enough good things about this program! It completely changed my mindset about my worth and I started getting way more interviews (and knew exactly how to ace them!). The support from the staff is incredible and the community is such a plus as well. If you are struggling to get ahead in your data science/analytics job search, I would highly recommend Data Science Dream Job.

• SDas • Graduate

I would say the DSDJ is a wonderful community where one can be really confident and learn about data science.

DSDJ had a team of really helpful people who really help one to know everything about data science as well as preparing for interview. I really liked the community feeling and the way people help each other. The videos are really great as well. They have unlimited number of office hours where you can ask all your questions directly to the mentors which is pretty awesome!!! Thanks @Harpreet for helping me so much during my job search process. I would highly recommend this community.

• Joseph Piarulli

DSDJ gave me unparalleled guidance, resources, support, and technical wherewithal to help me land a great job within Data Science & Analytics.  The course cirriculum adn modules give you every piece of information to be able to succeed in the process from changing your mindset to interviewing and garnerning technical skills in various programming languages, presentation skiils, and being able to put your experience to practical use.

- 10/7/2019
      Josh Bacher • Student

The cirriculum is well calculated, covering everything from the correct 'mind-set' to negotiating contracts. The DSDJ mentors are great too - full of positive energy & keen to provide guidance, resources and insights. And the Slack community is amazing; it is especially active, students & mentors continuously helping each other out. Highly recommended!

• Angelo • Student

Data Science Dream Job is a super pumped and inspirational team of mentors with relentless energy and a well thought through curriculum that covers not only data science technical areas but also the mindset needed to shift from an ordinary data science enthousiast to a laser targeted individual that has taken ownership over his goals and objectives.

What it won't do: it won't do the reading, the coding and all the hard work you need to do anyway to get through your gaps and achieve your goals, whether it's a promotion or your first data science job

What it will do: it will offer the curriculum and the resources to go through all the technical areas, build your projects and portfolio, prepare for interviews, your CV your LinkedIn profile, your presentation skills, anything you need in the end to end process of personal transformation that starts with landing your fist Data Science job. And not eveyone will get one straight away, but you will have all the arsenal needed to be able to achieve your goals.

Kyle and team have done stellar work, definitely recommended.

• Chhavi Arora • Student

I can not describe how amazing Data Science Dream Job is! It's a complete end-to-end package. With great mentors who are always ready to help, be it on regular office hours or slack to an AMAZING community on slack. I get guidance when I post a question on slack in less than an hour!! Then comes the awesome set of modules! Kyle has worked really hard on putting together such perfect well-defined modules. There's information all the way from your mindset to technical stuff to getting interviews to clearing every round of the hiring process! DSDJ has been the best decision of my life!!

• Anonymous • data analyst • Student
      I signed up with Data Science Dream Job (DSDJ) after unsuccessfully applying for jobs I was well qualified to perform. I had  Master's degrees in a healthcare field and in data analytics.  Why I was applying quite a bit, I wasn't getting invited to interviews. The DSDJ team was tremendously helpful in recommending changes to the way I was marketing myself that led to interviews. Eventually, I had a choice between one good and two great offers in the same week.

The coursework is comprehensive. It starts with mindset and goes through the soft and hard skills necessary to be successful. I found it was essential to absorb and apply all the lessons. DSDJ offers many mentoring classes each week. I attended calls with every mentor available and found all quite helpful in guiding students through a wide range of sticking points.  Each benefitted me, personally. As well, DSDJ curated free and inexpensive online and book resources for a variety of skills.

I felt like DSDJ was well worth the investment.
    • Great Course
      - 2/8/2021
      When it comes to resumes, marketing yourself,  and interview prep, you're not going to find a better course. Also, they have office hours 6 days a week, which is very very useful and also not that common among courses.
    • Worth it
      - 1/29/2021
      I just started DSDJ and I’m already convinced this was worth it. I love the concept. The office hours are a great opportunity to express, define and discuss your approach towards your career in Data Science. Not only Kyle and the other mentors are resourceful, but they are welcoming and provide a great medium to discuss your dreams. It might not be for everyone, but for me it’s worth the money. The rest of what I need is in abundance on the Internet and mostly free.
    • Anonymous • Analyst • Student
      I was struggling to find a job in data science because my knowledge and presentation of my skills were just so poor. Also, I wasn't managing myself correctly.

Kyle's course helps you first get your mindset straight, then helps you with data science. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence, but after DSDJ, more recruiters started to reach out to me and I was getting further in interviews. Eventually, I received an offer as a data analyst at a consulting firm. After I left that role, I re-used DSDJ's mindset and interviewing resources to land another analyst role at Google.

I only used about 30% of DSDJ's potential (there's just so much) but was able to find the success I defined for myself.
      Kyle is really very dedicated in his field and reaching out to people who is interested to learn data science. I joined early and have been amazed by the amount of contents and dedication of his work into this course such that it benefits all who have signed up for the course, regardless of what technical level you are at.
    • Anonymous • Senior Software Engineer • Graduate
      A very comprehensive course. Kyle is a great mentor, motivator and guide. He tells it like it is, does not sugarcoat it. Data science is not an easy thing to master, but Kyle and his team's can-do attitude is a big plus for anyone who enrolls in this course!