coderversity-logo

Coderversity

Coderversity

Coderversity is an online, instructor-led bootcamp that teaches students the design and architecture techniques necessary to become a successful software, web, or mobile developer. The intensive course introduces students to the software development life cycle, core object-oriented programming concepts, and database design and development.

The curriculum focuses on C#, and classes are 4 to 24 weeks long. Students can choose from a private, semi-private (up to 5 students) or group (10-12 students) format. Both full and part time courses are available.

Before the end of the course, students will complete The Mastery Project, a capstone project that requires students to build a real-world application. Coderversity is building it's employer partnership network and has partnered with Pave to make financing available to its students.

Recent Coderversity Reviews: Rating 4.0

all (1) reviews for Coderversity →

Recent Coderversity News

• C# Group Program

HTML, C#, ASP.NET, SQL, CSS
      In PersonPart Time15 Hours/week
      Rolling Start Date
      NO UPFRONT TUITION PAYMENTS. C# Group courses are a perfect option for students on a strict budget who desire to learn in a collaborative group setting. No tuition payments are due until you find a job or 6 months after graduation, whichever comes first. There is a small deposit to reserve your spot in the training, and job assistance is provided. Each group course has between 12-15 participants, and students are encouraged to work together online to further enhance the learning experience. Course length: 24 weeks.
      $100 registration fee to reserve seat. $900 enrollment deposit (Total: $1000 due before class start). Both fees are non-refundable.
      Financing available through Pave.
      No tuition due until you find a job or 6 months after graduation, whichever comes first.
      Refund / Guarantee
      5% rebate off tuition when you enroll together with a friend. Cannot be combined with other offers.
      $500 scholarship to women and underrepresented minorities in the IT sector (namely, African-Americans & Latinos)
      Beginner
      Interview
    • Salesforce Cloud Development

Git, JavaScript, Sales, Java
      In PersonPart Time
      Rolling Start Date
      Have you ever heard of Salesforce, SFDC, or Force.com? If you haven’t, then more than likely, you have also never heard of cloud computing or cloud-based development. Well, Salesforce is the current leader in cloud computing due to their groundbreaking CRM, Force.com. As you very well know, when a certain technology booms, so does job growth. Companies love the cloud because it’s usually cheaper to maintain, and nowadays, it’s a lot safer and more efficient as resources are managed elsewhere. This 24-week course introduces students to two different worlds: Core Java and Apex/Visualforce Development. Since Apex, Salesforce’s cloud-based object-oriented programming language, is very similar to Java, we begin the course with several weeks of Java training. Then, we transition to Force.com development and administration. Finally, as usual, you’ll have a Milestone Project to complete.
      $100 registration fee $900 enrollment deposit Both are non-refundable.
      Financing available through Pave.
      Payment plans are available. Contact us for more details.
      Refund / Guarantee
      10% off tuition rate when you enroll with a friend
      Beginner
      Interview

• Alexandra D. • Graduate

First and foremost, I'm a recent college graduate who majored in Computer Science, hopelessly looking for a position as an entry-level software developer. Being that I am a woman, it makes it a lot harder to enter this male-dominated field.

After perusing CourseReport, I found many great bootcamp courses, but it looked like all of them would require me to quit my current part-time job, and move half-way across the country for 12-15 weeks.

If I had the money to do that, I would have in a heartbeat, but I needed a solution that would allow me to study remotely. Enter Coderversity...I decided to enroll in the  C# Intense Coder program and here's my feedback.

What I LIKED:

- Coderversity, although not quite yet as established as Dev Bootcamp, definitely offers various courses at many different study intensities. They offer group courses and a private course. I took the plunge and decided on getting the most bang for my buck by enrolling in the Intense Coder program.

- The Intense Coder program gives ultimate flexibility in scheduling and attention. My instructor was very hands-on (sometimes a little too much), and I was allowed to ask questions at any time during the lecture. Since this was a private course, I didn't have to worry about getting drowned in a sea full of other students.

- I was able to pay using their payment plan. Although the price was kinda steep, I didn't mind because there are many other bootcamps out there with similar price points.

- The materials and teaching methods are darn good. I learn best by doing so CoderV seemed like the right fit.

What I DISLIKED:

- My instructor was too hard on me at times - especially when I slacked off and didn't finish my homework assignments. I felt like I was back in 3rd grade :).

- Resume preparation was limited: I know that Coderversity is rather new, and even though I am impressed with their courses, I feel like they need to crank it up a notch with resume and job preparation. I asked my instructor about this and he told me that the company plans on introducing more practice in the near future.

- The private course tuition: Did I already mention that the price was too steep? $15,000 for a private course is a WHOLE LOT OF MONEY, but in the long run, I became employable.

Summary:

I could have gone to any bootcamp, but I feel like Coderversity really focused on my needs. I was a lost student with a Computer Science degree who STILL could not get a job. Now, I have one job offer lined up, and I've got more interviews lined up.