CoderSchool is a full stack and machine learning coding bootcamp in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. CoderSchool aims to offer everyone fair access to education through hands-on, project-based courses. CoderSchool offers both full-time (12 weeks) and part-time (6 months) tracks for its full stack web development and machine learning engineer courses. All courses are fully taught in English and open to beginners. CoderSchool offers a job guarantee to all students who have successfully graduated. Flexible payment options are available for foreign students.
Recent CoderSchool Reviews: Rating 4.97
Recent CoderSchool News
In PersonPart Time4 Hours/week8 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $0 Class size 20 Location Ho Chi Minh CityStudents will architect and implement polished Android applications.
Minimum Skill Level Have some programming experience and can communicate in English. Prep Work http://www.coderschool.vn/prework/android Placement Test No Interview No
In PersonFull Time11 Weeks
Deposit $500 FinancingNone available Tuition Plans 2 payments of $500 Refund / Guarantee 0 Scholarship 0
Minimum Skill Level NO programming experience and can communicate in English. Prep Work Prep reading and videos to watch. Placement Test No Interview Yes
In PersonPart Time4 Hours/week7 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $0 Class size 20 Location Ho Chi Minh CityStudents learn how to architect and implement node server back-ends and Node.js frameworks like Hapi.js.
Minimum Skill Level Good English and some programming experience. Prep Work http://coderschool.vn/prework/nodejs Placement Test No Interview No
In PersonPart Time4 Hours/week8 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $0 Class size 20 Location Ho Chi Minh CityStudents will architect and implement polished React Native applications.
Minimum Skill Level Have some programming experience and can communicate in English. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $0 Class size 20 Location Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh CityStudents will learn how to build web applications using Ruby on Rails.
Minimum Skill Level Good English and some programming experience. Prep Work http://coderschool.vn/prework/ruby Placement Test No Interview No
36 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- A good destination for your career change- 2/11/2020Tri-Tuc Nguyen • Student • Course: CoderSchool Bootcamp • Campus: Ho Chi Minh City • Verified via LinkedInI got to know CoderSchool via a Facebook ad. I had my doubt about the school for I thought it would be like any course that I could easily find on Coursera or Udemy. thought. I enrolled in this course anyway since I had wanted to enter the IT industry. I was very pleased with the way the class is organized as well as the teaching staff who are every friendly and always ready to provide me with every piece of advice that I need. The CoderSchool community is also full of supportive people that share the same interest as mine, where I can easily refer to for questions. Job guarantee is also another aspect that got me hooked with the school. Thanks to CoderSchool, I can kick-start my IT career and set foot into this wonderful field. 5 stars for CoderSchool!
- Phat Nguyen • Student • Course: Android for Engineers • Campus: Ho Chi Minh City • Verified via LinkedInI heard about Coderschool from a friend in US few years ago and he really pushed me a lot to register the very first android class. I was wonder about the quality of the course. I thought it would be like any course that I could easily find on Youtube or Udemy. But Coderschool is unique, and I have to admid that I was astonished by how well the class was organized. It took a great place, with ~20 people, well-prepared assignment every week, great TAs, instructor (Charles, our dear tearcher), and great community. And it really changed the way I think about coding and building something. I owe my friend a thank for game-changer recommendation. And 5 stars for Coderschool, no doubt.
- Best tech school in Saigon- 2/8/2020Tan Bui • Technical Lead • Student • Campus: Ho Chi Minh City • Verified via LinkedInI took my first course (Ruby On Rails) at Coderschool in 2016 when I want to learn a new technology that helps me switch to a Product company (from software outsourcing firm). This was a life-changing decision for me. Since then, I took several interesting courses like React Native, UI/UX, Blockchain, Advance Frontend, Golang, etc... It not just about learning, Coderschool also gives me chances to work as a Teaching Assistant + Teacher, which helps improve both soft skills + technical skills. The Alumni network also an excellent aspect which gives me lots of engineering connections and job opportunities. Strongly recommended!!!
- Best enviroment to grown- 2/5/2020Nguyen Gia Tuan • Fullstack Software Engineer • Student • Course: CoderSchool Bootcamp • Campus: Ho Chi Minh City • Verified via GitHubFinished 2019 Full-stack Web Development Bootcamp. I believe CoderSchool has the best environment for you to grow. Besides the Huge amount of Technical Knowledge that you need to learn every day, greate Teachers also teach you about attitude, mindset, soft skills to working as a developer. But not only that, friendly and dedicated will always by your side on your journey, finding the opportunities for you. 100% recommended.
- Nam Anh Nguyen • data engineer • Student • Course: CoderSchool Bootcamp • Campus: Ho Chi Minh City • Verified via GitHub
- The best place to start a developer journey- 2/5/2020Hải Chung • Software Engineer @ Hubble.sg • Graduate • Course: CoderSchool Bootcamp • Campus: Ho Chi Minh City • Verified via GitHubI finished a 2019 Full Stack Boot camp here and started to work as a software engineer only within 2 weeks after graduation. The course were well designed and up-to-date with hot trend tech. Teachers and staffs here are really really friendly, dedicated, professional and always there to help you get better. We've learn a lot and get from zero to hero in only 3 months. At Coder School, you will not only learn coding but every thing you need to begin your career. You will find yourself expanding network and making friends with people from around the world which are extremely important for your journey. This is also a chance for you to improve your English and soft skills. Don't be afraid if you can not talk fluently. Definitely recommended! 👍
- Change my life- 8/15/2017Khang Vu • Student • Course: Android for Engineers • Campus: Ho Chi Minh City • Verified via GitHub
The courses helped me understand more about software development. They gave me real, challenging and practical assignments every week. In the end of the course, there was a group project that gives the students the opportunity to apply their learning to creating their own apps, which helps sharpen not only their coding skills but also their mindset in software development. The instructors are very skillful, experienced and caring to the students. They spend more time to make sure the students get the best outcomes from the classes. And finally, if you need help looking for a job, the instructors are always glad to help you out. The alumni network is also a great gate to many potential jobs.
- Where has this been all my life?!- 6/2/2017Steve Cho • Creative Lead • Graduate • Course: Ruby for Engineers • Campus: Ho Chi Minh City • Verified via GitHub
Literally, where has this been all my life? Ever since I was 20, I wanted to learn coding. My putting myself through Coderschool's Ruby on Rail 8 week course gave me confidence for realizing my desire. I had a lot of fun with being able to abstractly understand a software with the efficient flow of information throughout the application. Great students, community and staff that make the experience thoroughly enjoyable and life-changing!
- Highly recommended- 5/17/2017Nguyen Van Phuong Mai • Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Ruby for Engineers • Campus: Ho Chi Minh City • Verified via GitHub
The course was fast-paced and full of challenges for me, who had not known ruby before. This helped to get good students excited and undermined those who were not so devoted to learning new thing. The assistants were always there to help. The weekly homework was carefully checked to make sure that nobody felt lost during the course. Besides the invaluable technical and teamwork skills I got out of the course, I made friends with several good engineers, which led me to some brilliant opportunities in my career path.
Being a CoderSchool's alumni means joing a network of engineers who are willing to help if you have any question about coding or your dev career. Highly recommended!
- Should have known this coderschool earlier- 5/17/2017Minh Nguyen • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Ruby for Engineers • Campus: Ho Chi Minh City • Verified via GitHub
- Great Swift class- 5/17/2017Tan Nguyen • Software Engineer • Student • Course: iOS (Swift) for Engineers • Campus: Ho Chi Minh City • Verified via GitHub
- Convention over the Configuration- 5/17/2017Quoc Hoang Nguyen Anh • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Ruby for Engineers • Campus: Ho Chi Minh City • Verified via GitHub
That's the most memorable thing still impresses me till now. Belows are my interests about the Ruby course:
- Impressive instructor (speed, comprehensive, and thoughtful guy with native accent English).
- Great documents as well as score system.
- So many useful references and tools.
- Professional learning environment.
- Insanely Good Course- 3/23/2017Toan Ngo • Student • Course: Ruby for Engineers • Campus: Hanoi • Verified via GitHub
- Awesome web full stack development course- 2/17/2020Hang Yoko • Product Manager • Student • Course: CoderSchool Bootcamp • Campus: Ho Chi Minh CityI took web full stack development course from Coderschool. Teachers are great. They have super good knowledge to train us. I have learned many things from frontend to backend. They also do live coding every morning. There is scholarship for female as well. Very helpful course. Thank you for everything. :)
- Kudos to CoderSchool- 2/17/2020Bailey • Graduate • Course: CoderSchool Bootcamp • Campus: Ho Chi Minh CityNot only did I get to meet awesome people who were my classmates but my instructors Loi, Khoa and Bitna are also one of the funniest, most active & supportive people I know, they were very knowledgeable and provided a wealth of information. They do their good job by making the course dynamic, pacing everything and addressing student questions so most of us, who were not of IT background, will be able to understand the materials thoroughly. All of the other CoderSchool staff work hard to ensure we have the best learning environment. I am impressed.
- Tam Ho • Student • Course: CoderSchool Bootcamp • Campus: Ho Chi Minh CityI got to know CoderSchool through online search and actually thanks to CourseReport that I get to see reviews about CoderSchool and decided to contact CoderSchool. I joined their Machine Learning Engineer bootcamp in November 2019. Three months of learning were superbly rewarding. Not only did we learn about machine learning in depth but also other essential skills like data engineering, visualization, algorithms and data structures, scripting languages, cloud deployment, etc. The instructors (Hai-Minh Do, Minh-Anh Nguyen, Tom Huynh, H.Nguyen, Mikal Castillo) were very supportive and provide each of us personal support. We also learn how to present ourselves professionally as future computer engineer/data engineer as we build our professional portfolios and interview practice. The instructors also share with us students their professional experience for us to familiarize with this career path. The course is suitable for beginners to intermediate learners. Even though I had some intermediary experience in coding before this course, through this intense course, I improve my skills significantly and even acquire deeper understanding of machine learning specifically and computer science in general. There are also events for students to meet professionals, networking, make connections. The instructor of the course Hai-Minh Do is a certified Google partner and organizes Google/Tensorflow events in HCMC. Moreover, the course is priced very reasonably and the rewards reaped from this course will far exceed what you have to pay for. The connections that I make at CoderSchool were very precious and supportive, it was truly a community to be part of.
- Great environment for beginners- 2/12/2020Ray Romero • React-native developer • Graduate • Campus: Ho Chi Minh CityI took the 3 month full stack web development bootcamp. At first it was difficult. I had zero experience in the industry and had no idea what I was doing. Then when you thought you were getting it, it got even harder. But the best part of the bootcamp is the full immersion of coding. You sit down with like minded people with encouraging instructors to accomplish one goal. And that goal is to learn how to code.
- Where the dream come true!- 2/11/2020Anh Vỹ • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: iOS (Swift) for Engineers • Campus: Ho Chi Minh CityI took the very first class of Coderschool - iOS Swift. From the first session at Start Saigon, I didn’t expect this course could change mylife so much better like this. I really appreciate what you guys have done for me so far, especially is Charles, you’re not only a dedicated teacher but also a great buddy. Unlike any other schools, courses at Coderschool is very practical, gives me a great understanding about what we gonna do in the real life. So if you are looking for a chance to boost your career, I think Coderschool will be the first place I would recommend to you!
- An honest opinion- 2/7/2020Sean Mitchell • Student • Course: CoderSchool Bootcamp • Campus: Ho Chi Minh CityI attended the 2020 Machine Learning Engineer bootcamp. It was an intensive 3 month programme. I travelled to Saigon, Vietnam from New Zealand for this course and only speak English. I found the course to be amazing, the lecturers very supportive and the course material of a high standard. Don't get me wrong it was very difficult but I am a much better coder for the experience. I would recommend it!
- Great School to start- 2/7/2020Khoa • Graduate • Course: CoderSchool Bootcamp • Campus: Ho Chi Minh CityI attended Coderschool web dev bootcamp in hopes of getting away from my previous job. Taking the step towards this by starting the 12 week bootcamp was extremely intimidating at first. With the help and guidance from the instructors and my classmates I grew in confidence day after day. When I think of myself and what I was doing a year prior it's hard to believe I've come this far. Much of it wouldn't have been possible I feel without the amazing and supportive staff at CoderSchool. This has been one of the biggest impacts in my life; thank you for everything!
- Xuan-Gieng Nguyen • Senior Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: iOS (Swift) for Engineers • Campus: Ho Chi Minh CityI first took the iOS App Development course since the beginning of CoderSchool in 2015.It was an amazing experiences for me as CoderSchool was not only a great place to learn and improve my iOS practical skills, but also a priceless network where I can connect with a lot of talented people.Moreover, CoderSchool was built with a very modern syllabus with latest technologies and best practices, taught by an excellent engineer from Silicon Valley, our dear teacher, Charles.
- Simply the best- 8/15/2017Lanh Hoang • Ruby on Rails Developer • Graduate • Course: Ruby for Engineers • Campus: Ho Chi Minh City
I have joined 2 courses at CoderSchool (Swift and Ruby on Rails), both courses are amazing. especially RoR, amazing teachers and supportive TAs. I have learned a lot from them.
I highly recommend CoderSchool for anyone who wants to learn to code and pursue software developer career path.
- Great react native class- 8/15/2017Tuan Dinh • Student • Course: React Native for Engineers • Campus: Ho Chi Minh City
- Very helpful- 8/15/2017Truong Tran • IOS Developer • Graduate
- Best course ever- 8/14/2017Chris • Firmware engineer • Graduate • Course: iOS (Swift) for Engineers • Campus: Ho Chi Minh City