coders-in-hoods-logo

Coders In Hoods

Coders In Hoods

Coders in Hoods is a 20-week coding bootcamp with courses offered remotely or in multiple cities in the UK, the US, and Germany. Bootcamp classes are held two nights each week with coding exercises in between classes. Coders in Hoods offers courses in front end and full stack. The front end bootcamp is split into four stages, and students learn object-oriented programming, HTML, CSS, Git, JavaScript, VueJS, Angular, and ReactJS. For the final project, front end bootcamp students build a project using React. The full stack bootcamp is divided into five stages, and students learn HTML, CSS, Javascript, algorithms, APIs, ReactJS, NodeJS, AWS, and SQL.

Anyone is welcome to apply to Coders in Hoods. Applicants must pass an interview in order to be accepted and an upfront reservation fee is required. All Coders in Hoods bootcamp students are eligible for a 50% tuition discount if they complete all exercises and projects on time and attend all classes for the duration of the course. Coders in Hoods partners with Google for Startups and Coyote Software.

Recent Coders In Hoods Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (8) reviews for Coders In Hoods →

Recent Coders In Hoods News

• Front End Bootcamp

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Front End, REST
      OnlinePart Time16 Weeks
      Cost£1,000
      This bootcamp is split into four stages. In stage one, students learn HTML and CSS basics. Students also learn how to use Git to tailor their development environment. In stage two, students learn how to build an e-commerce website, practice algorithms, and learn SCSS and CSS preprocessors. In stage three, students will learn how to use RESTful APIs to harness data and will build a SPA. In stage four, students learn JavaScript frameworks, such as VueJS, Angular, and React JS. Students will also learn object-oriented programming. Finally, students will build a final project using React.
      Minimum Skill LevelAnyone is welcome to apply to Coders in Hoods.
      Prep WorkYou are getting prep exercises.
    • Full Stack Bootcamp

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, REST, SQL
      Cost£1,999
      This course is oriented on beginners who want to get all skills to be employable on a tech market. During this course we are covering: -- Git + Intro + Workflow -- HTML/CSS - basics, flexbox, CSS grid, positioning, animations -- Scss -- Javascript - Variables, conditionals, and operators, Arrays and Objects, Loops, Functions, DOM Manipulation, Event listeners, Algorithms, Asynchronous JS, APIs, OOP, JS Frameworks -- React - basics, props, state, Hooks, routing, Redux -- NodeJS - Event Loop, In-built libraries(File System, HTTPS), 3rd party libraries(Express, Socket.io) -- Databases(Sequelize, MongoDB) -- Serverless, FAAS Also, we are running a job hunt sessions with professional recruiters to talk about market and prepare you to find your first tech job. 2 remote lessons per week, evening time. Online support from your instructors: Available 6 days a week, 9 am - 6 pm and more. All students are eligible for 50% discount. To get a 50% discount student needs to complete be present on 95% of lessons, complete all exercises and projects on time. We also offer to pay for the course in 2 installments. Subjects: CSS, Git, HTML, MongoDB, Redux, React.js, Node.js, Database Design, JavaScript
      Tuition PlansYou have an option to pay in 2 steps, 50% before the course and 50% in the middle of the course. With this scheme, you are not eligible for 50% discount.
      Refund / GuaranteeAll Coders in Hoods Bootcamp students are eligible for a 50% tuition discount if they complete all exercises and projects on time and attend all classes for the duration of the course.
      Minimum Skill LevelAnyone is welcome to apply to Coders in Hoods.
      Prep WorkYou are getting prep exercises.
    • ben  User Photo
      ben • Solution Architect • Student Verified via GitHub
      The bootcamp was great and just what I needed. The instructors were very knowledgable and helpful. We always got the help we needed no matter what time it was or how silly our questiones seemed to us.
      The exercises helped me undertand more about the technology and the logic required to run modern websites and how to make them compatible to older browsers.
      in short, very happy with my decision and with the course.
      Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to level up.
    • Sido  User Photo
      Sido • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I'm very happy that I joined to this school,  every students are high motivated,we helped each other, and on top of that, teachers are very supportive. Answers your questions at any time, and explains until you get it.
      The project and home works they give us are based on real life example which will be useful after you finished the course as well.
      There are a lot to know and study but thanks to all the supports, I managed to elevate my skill.
      I highly recommend this school if you are considering on joining one.

• Oksana Kostenko • Student
      I am truly amazed by how much we can learn in 20 weeks!

When I joined Coders In Hoods I knew almost nothing about programming and was working as a pastry chef.
      But 20 weeks later I left the course with all the skills I needed to start a new career.

The course was very rich in terms of curriculum and very intense.
      They provided the necessary structure and resources to ensure our success in the field. And teach us to be autonomous and find solutions on our own, which is very important in my opinion.
      Every week we had tons of exercises plus mini projects.
      And large projects at the end of each module.
      It was tough sometimes and felt like too much but it was definitely worth it!

Instructors are extremely supportive.
      They were there for us any time we had any questions, needed help or even motivation.

I would definitely recommend Coders in Hoods for anyone looking for a career switch.
      And will be forever grateful for this experience.
    • Florence Nway • Junior Software Engineer • Student
      Before I join the course, I attended a few of "Coders In Hoods " free workshops/trainings and I was impressed by the way the instructors explained. I am happy that I have got the chance to join this bootcamp. I wanted to have solid understanding of JS concepts and theories. The course was all about the things I want to learn, much more than I expected. The course outlines are organized and well structured, even more with amazing instructors. There were tons of exercises to practice everyday and you will have to complete and submit every end of the week. Every month has one or two projects to build which can improve the skills and knowledge very quickly. As long as you commit yourself, you will learn so so much!!!
    • Malika • Online Marketing Specialist • Student
      I took the Front End course with absolutely no prior coding experience, and I’ve been amazed of how I quickly went from writing my first ‘Hello World’ to now building my own apps.

The course might be part-time, but the content is so rich that if you commit to it (no pun intended), you’ll gain invaluable skills to either boost your career in tech, whether you want to learn about the newest technologies or if like me, you’re keen on changing careers.
      The team is very responsive (no pun intended again!) and offer amazing support on Slack. Whether you’re stuck in one of the assignments, have a generic question, or even need career advice, there’s always be someone to answer in the group chat. Learning to code is not always easy but the Coders in Hoods community is so supportive and so active, that it has helped me a lot especially at times when my level of confidence was low.

All in all, quality content, amazing instructors and great community of like-minded people, for not even half the price of what you’d get in other bootcamps. Highly recommended!
    • Brilliant!
      - 5/22/2020
      Patrick Whitty-Clarke • Lead Developer • Student
      I did an 8 week evening class with Coders in Hoods, I'm currently doing a 16 week front end course and I'm going to do the 20 week full stack course too. I already work as a front end developer but learning modern ES6 JavaScript has been really valuable. I'm already much better at my job.

The exercises make you think and learn the concepts which were taught in the lectures that week really well and you get to build things for the mini projects which are useful to showcase for job interviews.

Sam and Vasile are excellent instructors and Slack and live code share support is always available.
    • Gergana Rangelova • student • Student
      I love the time at the bootcamp. Very good instructors. They present everything very understandable. I definitely recommend this bootcamp.
    • Khrystyna Kozhushko • UX/UI designer • Student
      I read about lots of different programs and was a bit concerned that this is a new school. Before I joined I visited a few workshops that they've organised and I liked them. So what can I say? The instructors are great, very supportive, I didn't feel any difference between this and face-2-face courses that I took before. Any time you can ask a question on Slack and get an instant response from an instructor with an explanation or jump on a video call. The program is intense, don't be tricked by "part-time", it's definitely more than that. You need to spend around 15-20 hours per week (or maybe it's just me). The whole course is heavily focused on JS which is great, as it's the most complicated part for sure. Tons of exercises keeps you busy, and they are great. For projects we were given designs, so you can be sure your portfolio will look nice. The only thing we didn't have but they promise to add in the future is group projects.