coded-kuwait-logo

Coded Kuwait

Kuwait City

Coded Kuwait

Coded is Kuwait's first coding bootcamp, offering full-time and part-time programs in full-stack web development, with a focus on Python and Django. The program is designed for beginners with minimal or no coding background or experience. Coded is partnered with Utah bootcamp Coding Campus, providing both the curriculum and instructors.

Coded offers students an intensive and rigorous curriculum and high quality education that takes them from beginners to junior professional developers within a few weeks.

With a 1:4 instructor to student ratio (Coded's class size is 12 to 15 students), Coded provides a personal learning experience for every student. Our high caliber instructors and tutors are always available to address any issues facing a student.

Coded also hosts night-time events, talks, and workshops on a variety of tech topics (hardware, software, tech management, digital marketing, and more) so that students have a chance to explore further interests and interact with the local tech community.

Recent Coded Kuwait Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (12) reviews for Coded Kuwait →

Recent Coded Kuwait News

• Bootcamp

AngularJS, HTML, Python, JavaScript, Django, CSS
    LocationKuwait City
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer science & programming knowledge.
    Prep WorkYes.

• Ahmad Awayhan • MSc student • Student

I had an amazing experience of being one of the student's to join the first ever boot camp in Kuwait. It was accelerated learning and everyday I learned many new things. Programming became clear to me and I understood the different paths I could take in the coding industry.

I would recommend this course to anyone who is curious or interested in coding and want a good boosting start.

cheers!

-Ahmad Awayhan

• Farah Alkandari • Graduate

The qualiy of the course and the opportunities presented are exceptional. It opened my mind to so many different fields that went beyond the course content, and we were presented with many opportunities to practice our newly-developed skills. The course itself is very practical and the application is dynamic. We received many networking opportunities, and we were introduced to a very supportive tech community.

• Alhamza abdulmonem • Free lancer • Graduate

Honestly speaking I don't think there were any cons about this bootcamp. In two months the content I learned gave me the capability of really developing and the ability to learn new stuff on my own as I have a good understanding of what I was taught. The course basically teaches you the essentials of web development on the best platform and introduces you to app development on iOS. Personally even though I didn't like the iOS develement using Xcode I do understand that it is essential in the future if you're going to be popular and need to switch to native. Overall it was the best experience I've ever had and the things which I've learned during these 2 months are going to be my new career.

• Mindset Changing!
    - 9/23/2016
    Noora

Coded bootcamp accelerated my skills and knowledge in being a developer in 8 weeks. I felt I was exposed to all things a developer might run into during two years of experience, including best practices and ways of competing in the world of tech.

I can't believe that deciding to join the bootcamp - instead of learning through online courses - was a last minute thought back then! I could have missed all the great experience of meeting amazing people, networking and working together to "make code work"!

• Fahad Alzayed • Graduate

Charles Stauffer is a great teacher and this was a great course.  It should be stated that this was a real deal programming course: challenging and fast paced.  Many courses that are available online and offline in Kuwait do not require that much time or commitment since they are taught in a slower laid back approach and teach a specific concept such as building a basic website.  This class, however, was tough and required a lot of time.  The course was eight weeks long: each week day consisted of 8 hours of class that were divided into lecture and in-class exercises, with an optional lab on the weekend in case someone needed to catch up with something.  If you have the time available and the will to go through hard-to-grasp concepts after an 8 hour class and polish your skills for the next class, this course is fantastic.  The intensive nature of the course and the large amount of information requires review of the material on a regular basis to avoid being left behind, and in order to understand the upcoming classes.  The course is about how languages work, and how to use  programming languages to do things.

In the course, Charles Stauffer introduced us to programming in five different languages/frameworks - Python, Django, HTML5, AngularJS, and Javascript, and how to integrate APIs in our code.  Of the five, the only one of any appreciable interest is Python since it is quite versatile.  The course emphasized on both functional and object-oriented programming and the work was challenging.  Django saved us a lot of time because it facilitated the creation of a database.  JSON and Ajax search were also very useful frameworks/tools that allowed us to retrieve search results almost instantly.  I highly recommend this course for anyone who wants to learn how to code.  If you are a programmer this course will make you a better one.  If you are not a programmer, it will give you a very deep insight into the art.  In either case, however, don’t expect to be able to apply what you learn in this course directly to your practice without first getting familiar with it in-class with the professor and TAs. Finally, the organizers mentioned that there will be companies that will offer the 12 students that were part of this course different internships and career opportunities, and I am excited for what might come next.

• Fadi Adel El-Rayes • BDM • Graduate

Don’t Quit…Be A Champion!

A man, once said, “I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’”

Stay Determined and Be Patient…

For 14 weeks… it was grueling.  The course was extremely demanding, challenging and at the same time exciting where I learned two things: coding language and the jargon of HTML and CSS.

I made it… well almost!

Had it not been for the supportive and passionate founders, resourceful and experienced instructor, likable and proficient teaching assistants and multi-talented students from various backgrounds, coupled with the superb state-of-the-art facility that provides a distinct ambience, offers a nice panoramic view of Kuwait City’s skyline and provides an ease of access to a flourishing start-up business community, I would have gone crazy! Yes, I would have because I worked daily from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM and attended class after work that started at 5:00 PM for four hours.  I was very overwhelmed by the commitment and it was easy to give up when the class was getting tougher. But, hey, I knew what I signed up for and I knew what I wanted to do. Stay determined and be patient!

Coding Experience…

If you are looking to learn and how to take your work online or want to start an online or app business, then this is the right place to sign up.  In the Coded Bootcamp, you will learn the right tools that need to be used and the steps that need to be taken and acquire the basic knowledge of coding - guaranteed only if you keep trying and remain persistent!

In the first eight to nine weeks – you will be absorbing a lot of new information – particularly with limited coding experience like I had.  You will be learning, reading, studying and practicing materials related to Python, Django, Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS, jQuery, GitHub and Angular.  This can sometimes feel overwhelming. You will then be encouraged to undertake an individual project on your own for a week or two, to be followed by a group project with a couple of your classmates for two weeks.  Afterwards, there will be an interim class on a couple of more subjects to be followed by final individual project - which could be a launching pad of starting your own online business.

Coding Is For Everyone… Stay Dedicated…

I recommend this program to everyone who wants to learn coding… however for this Coded Bootcamp, I only encourage you to apply if you are READY to learn coding and try something new. If you decide to go for it then it means that you have the patience to learn new things and the desire to try out something new because you will be investing your time, energy and your money in making the best out of it.

Coded Founders and Overall Coded Experience…

What attracted me the most in this course are the founders’ deep involvement and dedication in making the coding experience worth the buck and the time!

First, their vision and down-to-earth approach coupled with their strong networking capabilities have helped Coded to be one of the recognized and respectable coding centers in the Middle East in churning out Coders (or full stack developers).

Second, I have never seen someone like the organizers who are always actively engaging with the prospects, the students, and the alumni.  From the way the website involves you to the very first welcoming SMS message to the first fun interview and to the very last day of class with countless support, you would feel that they would give you the best experience that one can expect – unmatched anywhere.

Last but not least, the founders’ deep commitment and participation in making this course engaging and relevant to today’s business.  They organize a business seminar almost every week, where a special guest speaker - be it a start-up online business or a successful app founder – come to talk about something relevant to coding and technology.  They also sometimes organized a panel conference by inviting guests from abroad to share with us their advice.

Conclusion… Coding Tomorrow…

At the end of the Coded Bootcamp, I had mixed feelings… but was alleviated that I was going to have a break after acquiring so much information.

In retrospect, I know I did my best in making the best out of it as it was a great learning and social experience.  Just fourteen weeks ago, I was a non-technical person and today I am a coder.  This is a step I am glad that I have taken and I consider it to be a stepping stone into a new world of growing opportunities.

As I am now in holiday mode, I cannot wait to return back to Kuwait to start coding again.  That what the Coded Bootcamp trained me to do - keep practicing and keep coding!

• Unmissable
    - 6/14/2016
    Fahad Almutairi • Graduate

I joined the bootcamp with no previous knowledge of programming. The instructors were all knowledgable and helpful. The venue was nothing short of amazing. It was a great place to work even outside the class time. And there were semi-weekly events that covered topics related to tech startups, which was a really great addition to the experience.
    The bootcamp had a learning part and a projects part - two single projects and one group project. I found the projects to be a great way to practise all the skills learning in the bootcamp, and a great way to tackle common issues. I highly recommend this bootcamp for anyone who wants to learn web development either for professional reasons or just for fun. It will open many opportunities for you either way, from jobs to developing your own projects.
  • Hessa • MIS student • Student

Applying to coded bootcamp was the best decision that I've ever made. The whole experience was life changing to me, I leaned things about myself that I never knew before. Programming changed the way I think and the way I see the world. I learned the basics of programming in college and that made me want to learn more but college doesn't provide what coded provides! Besides learning multiple programming languages, you get to meet amazing people.  Not just that! You get to attend events where you can learn the business side and be inspired by others.

- 6/9/2016
    Fawaz Bandar • Student

Excellent course for beginners to learn how to code and for coders to learn the basics of other languages and how to handle frameworks and api's
    I personally had previous experience in coding but after finishing this course my coding efficiency has increased significantly and am very sure it will help others achieve whatever goal they had set in their minds
    5/5 for me!

• John Appleseeds • Graduate

Joined the course having virtually zero coding background. Left as a junior developer who is fairly confident (with the help of stack overflow anything is possible!). A great course with great instructors and TA's. Zero regrets in joining the course and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in learning to code. When I joined it was to gain some new skills, but now I can easily imagine myself working in the field.

A word of advice: don't the pre course work lightly.

• Great!
    - 9/26/2015
    Arwa Aljaser • Graduate

This experience is totally worth going after, specially if your into e-business. Am a business graduate with zero experience in coding, i have struggled at first but once you get the concept of coding you find your self mastering it. this course focuse more on the actual thing rather than understanding it, which for me is the best way to gain a proper experience.

Two months has flew extremly fast, yet it have opened many new oppourtunities for me and new experiences. i have met the right people and engaged with communites that i have been looking for in the past two years!!

Thanks Codded for this amaazing experience!

• Mshary AlSharekh • University Student • Graduate
    This isn't something you wanna skip out of. I know plenty of tech people who wanted to be developers but had no faith in this bootcamp (they're not to blame, you wouldn't expect a teaching program in Kuwait about programming to be worth a second to read about) so they skipped it thinking it would waste their time and money. Very soon after, they regretted it. If you wanna be a software developer, you should go for it. I'm a Computer Science student who spent most of his past 2 years on a computer learning about computers and anything he can get his mind wrapped around. I came out learning more than I ever have. No kidding. Its 100%+10% worth it.