code-immersives-logo

Code Immersives

New York City

Code Immersives

Code Immersives offers a part-time, 11-month web development immersive in New York City. Students receive in-depth training in full stack development, including LAMP (PHP + MySQL) and MERN (MongoDB, Express.js, React.js, Node.js), along with the latest implementations of HTML5, CSS3, responsive design, Flexbox and CSS Grid layout, APIs, JavaScript ES6 and Amazon Web Services (AWS). During the 900-hour course, students are required to maintain an active Github presence as they push production-level code.

No prior coding experience is necessary to apply to the program, although students with some prior coding background are welcome to apply. Code Immersive instructors teach to the latest standards and best practices by bringing extensive industry experience into the classroom.

Recent Code Immersives Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (9) reviews for Code Immersives →

Recent Code Immersives News

• Web Development Immersive

LocationNew York City
      Code Immersives Web Development Intensive program is a full-year, 900-classroom hour program in 12 courses of 75 hours each. Provides in-depth training in the latest implementations of HTML5, CSS3, Javascript ES6, LAMP Stack (Php-MySQL), MERN Stack (MongoDB, Express.js, React.js, Node.js), API's and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
      Minimum Skill LevelComputer Literacy, but no coding experience required.
    • Chris B.  User Photo
      Chris B. • Technical Implementation Specialist • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      If you are looking for an immersive education into web development that takes a deep dive into the core competencies necessary to be successful in the industry, then look no further than Code Immersives. Over the course of 11-months, I went from having no experience with Javascript, database management, and server-side coding to having the knowledge and confidence to go "keystroke-for-keystroke" with any currently working Junior Full Stack developer today. Through a combination of lectures, code-along exercises, and project-based learning, I was able to learn how go from a blank file folder to a fully-developed and deployed web application (via Amazon Web Services). What separates Code Immersives from a run of the mill 12-week bootcamp is the ability you gain to understand what your code is doing "under the hood." Upon graduation, you will not only be able to develop modern, sleek web applications, but will be able to explain what EVERY line of your code is doing.

Because of the education I gained at Code Immersives, I was able to get a full stack developer position with an industry leading start-up company with a VERY competitive salary. I would highly recommend this institution for anyone looking to become a successful web developer.
    • Wonderful place
      - 5/17/2020
      Christopher  User Photo
      Christopher • Frontend Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       If you’re looking to get into the field of web/software development, I cannot recommend Code Immersives enough. When I started at the school in September 2018, I had no prior experience with coding or computer programming. Fast forward to today, and I’m working at a job that I love as a frontend developer for a fast-rising and successful start-up. The thing that drew me to this school was how their program is spaced out over 11 months.  Most coding “bootcamps” are around 12 weeks long. The truth is, if you’re a beginner, that is simply not enough time to develop the foundation you will need to make it in this field. The program moved at a very manageable pace. It's about 20 hour/week, as opposed to most bootcamps that are 60-80 hours/week (a recipe for information overload).
      On the teaching side, they have done a great job at finding smart, friendly teachers who are extremely knowledgeable about the field. I landed my first internship before I even finished the program in August 2019, and with continued hard work and learning I got my first job in the field soon after. The administrative staff is very helpful and are always willing to take feedback. I’ve witnessed continued improvements in the curriculum and teaching methods as this relatively young school continues to grow.

If you want to learn to code, do yourself a favor and check them out.
    • Michael  User Photo
      Michael • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

My experience: After taking the web development course at Code Immersives in NYC, every aspect of my life has dramatically improved (and that's no exaggeration). I went from zero knowledge of programming, earning minimum wage in a warehouse and hating my job, to loving my highest paying job ever, working for a tech company full-time as a full-stack software engineer -- all in the space of just one year (give or take)!

To be clear: it took a lot of work on my end, and I still have much to learn; but, to give credit where credit is due, it is only because of the experienced, knowledgable, and patient instructors at the Digital Film Academy, as well as the thoughtful curriculum itself, that my efforts paid off so well. I cannot thank the school enough, nor recommend it more highly.

TLDR: Success is not an accident. Hard work + Code Immersives = Success, on purpose.

• Lerena Holloway  User Photo
      Lerena Holloway • Web Developing/Data Science Fellow • Student Verified via GitHub

Code Immersives is a great start to breaking in the technical field, especially if you have little experience. You will enter that program and be able to fully grasp the concepts, as it is taught in such a manner that allows for your mind to absorb. I like that it runs for 11-months and gives the students a chance to internalize the knowledge. I have a few months left in the program and can say that I’ve gained a lot more skills in software developing than what I went in with.

You have to do your homework, though. It’s not a program where you can sit back and just attend class every day and hope that it sticks. You really have to leave there and practice, practice, practice. They structure the program so that you have enough time to master the skills being taught.

It served as a platform for me to explore the different dynamics of the technical industry and while in the program, I discovered that I enjoy Data Science. Code Immersives was instrumental in supporting me in that process. When it was time for me to learn Python, it came fairly easy given the exposure I had had to JavaScript. I was able to venture into the Data Science world equipped with coding skills that helped support my journey. I recommend giving Code Immersives a chance. You’ll enjoy the atmosphere, the people are amazing, and it’s always nice to run into aspiring film-makers who are looking for help with their web presence.

• Andrew  User Photo
      Andrew • Student Verified via GitHub

Code Immersives has been a good fit for my learning needs because it covers a similar amount of content to other bootcamps (vanilla HTML/CSS/JS, LAMP/MERN stacks and their components [PHP, mysql, node, react]) but does so over 11 months rather than 12 weeks.  This for me allowed me to absorb and practice the content and build up my portfolio projects so that I have something to showcase coming out of the program.  The AWS content is also a nice bonus in case you want to get your devops chops up to speed as well.

• Daniel Lee • Software Engineer • Graduate
      I graduated from Code Immersives' full-stack Javascript course and because of it I am working as a remote software developer. What's unique about Code Immersives is that there really is not any previous experience/education required. They teach you from the ground up, from the fundamentals to mastery. Other schools in the NYC area can't make the same claim. Code Immersives has a year long course which enables students to actually absorb the course material, from HTML/CSS all the way to engineering full stack applications and deploying them to AWS.

Also, Code Immersives will work with you if you're having trouble with understanding the course materials or problems outside of the course. For instance, every day after class, teachers will stay to help students who wanted more review and held free review seminars/courses outside of regular school hours. On top of that, teachers will give you one on one resume and interview preparation. My instructor helped me with my resume and conducted mock interviews to help me pass my job interviews.

For military veterans, which I am, Code Immersives is one of the most military friendly institutions I have attended. Most of my classmates were veterans and some of the staff were also. The school is a great choice if you want real practical training and have the Post 9/11 GI-BILL.
    • Michael Dwyer • AWS Instructor • Student
      __Overview___
      Code Immersives was a fantastic place to learn code at a pace where you can actually learn and retain the knowledge. It was definitely not a bootcamp but rather an immersive program design to get you from no code experience to a real junior developer in a year. I've had friends go through bootcamps and they are fried at the end of those few months and barely retain the knowledge. The school is also accredited , which means I was able to use my VA benefits. Staff is friendly and available to talk to and dedicated to you getting an education. That being said you do have to work hard, you get out what you put in.

___Course____
      The school taught me more than I thought I could learn about coding in a year. The new curriculum is also very good. It focuses on the MERN stack (instead of chasing the Flavor of the Month language) and since you focus on the one thing (Javascript / React) you learn it well. What I took away from this program as a newbie to coding is that coding is an actual language. The reason I say this is that if think of learning a new language it is a lot easier to learn another language once you learn at least one language (English for example) really well first before you try to learn a new one. I'm glad they didn't try to teach to many languages because it would have been like trying to learn French, Spanish, Chinese, etc. all at once. Best case scenario you come out learn how to ask where is the library in all the languages, but you would never get fluent. Same idea here. I was impressed with what I was able to build for my final website and I built it! Seriously great education.
      Code Immersives also finished the course with the AWS Cloud Practioner course. AWS is a major boon to my career and I was able to pass the exam first time.

___Staff___
      The Teachers are all knowledgable and friendly and are able to teach code in a way that I was able to understand. Every class has a Teacher and a TA. If you need the extra help the TA is right there to help you out.
      Amongst the rest of the staff I have to specifically mention both Anthony who was in charge of my admissions and Patrick the owner of the school. Anthony was very helpful and knowledgable. He made attending a breeze even with having to jump through all the hoops that the VA loves to put you through. Patrick, the owner, was always walking around, making sure me and the rest of the students where happy with the education they were receiving. If there was an issue he would come brief us personally as well as tell us what was being done about it. He would bend over backwards to help the students get the education they signed up for. For example, one student could no longer come due to health issues halfway through, instead of saying "too late for refunds" he offered the student to come back at the start of the next term so that he could finish his education. There are many more stories of that nature. The only caveat was that you had to but putting the effort in, if you just don't show or do the work don't expect a free pass.

TL;DR If you actually want to learn to code so you can have a real career and get a leg up on anyone who goes to a "bootcamp" go here.
    • Marcus Sauceda • Graduate

Code Immersives is a great coding bootcamp for the complete beginner or intermediate level coder looking to refine their skills. The curriculum is updated often so I'll only be discussing what course work was covered while I attended (1/2018 - 12/2018). In the first half of the program, HTML, CSS, PHP/MySQL, and beginner Javascript is covered. The degree of difficulty goes from very easy and ramps up from there. There is one main instructor during class and two TA's to help those who get stuck. The second half of the program covered advanced Javascript and required more independant project work. The entire program requires you to study outside of class or stay late for extra instruction if need be. Though this program is about a year long, there is so much material to cover that it takes alot of effort to master everything. The instructors are knowledgeable and are willing to give extra help if needed.

Code Immersives is a great foundation for those wanting to learn to become Professional Full Stack Web Developers.

• Andrew • Student

Code Immersives has been a good fit for my learning needs because it covers a similar amount of content to other bootcamps (vanilla HTML/CSS/JS, LAMP/MERN stacks and their components [PHP, mysql, node, react]) but does so over 11 months rather than 12 weeks.  This for me allowed me to absorb and practice the content and build up my portfolio projects so that I have something to showcase coming out of the program.  The AWS content is also a nice bonus in case you want to get your devops chops up to speed as well.