case-western-reserve-university-boot-camps-logo

Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps

Cleveland

Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps

Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps are 24-week, part-time courses in full-stack web development, data analytics, and cybersecurity in Cleveland, Ohio. The web development curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Java, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. The data analytics curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, API Interactions, SQL, Tableau, Machine Learning, and more. The cybersecurity course provides hands-on training in IT networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. The boot camp curricula are designed with the most in-demand market needs in mind.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change, advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Upon program completion, students will receive a Certificate of Completion from Case Western Reserve University and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development and data analytics, or a wide set of cybersecurity skills applicable to industry certifications.

Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (19) reviews for Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps →

Recent Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationCleveland
    At the Cybersecurity Boot Camp, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationCleveland
    This program is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, JavaScript, Django, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Java, Front End
    LocationCleveland
    The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Java, Node.js, Database Theory, Bookshelf.js, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Students will build a portfolio of web applications to showcase their knowledge, and benefit from a wide range of career services to position them for success through graduation and beyond.

2 Scholarships

• $500 Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Cleveland)
  • $500 Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps Scholarship

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time (Cleveland)
  • Maria Maniccia • Junior Developer • Graduate

I learned both front and back end libraries, languages, and frameworks. Plus more.

Friday, Jun 28 2019
    Thank you, Marla! We're thrilled you successfully learned the fundamentals of web development. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on in all your endeavors!
  • Recent graduate
    - 2/19/2019
    Mark Piscioneri • Developer • Graduate
    I was looking to develop a new revenue stream and realized that coding and development were the best opportunity for me. The support staff, instructor and career services were excellent! I was truly amazed on the amount of learning that I was able to achieve during the 6 months of the course. I was also very impressed by the quality of the follow up from the support team.
    Friday, Feb 22 2019
    Amazing, Mark! We're thrilled you found our entire boot camp team to be supportive and successfully learned the fundamentals of web development. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck in your future endeavors.
    - 1/31/2019
    Larry • Graduate

I felt overall the experience was invaluable, where I came from the beginning of the camp to the end was a massive difference. The Instructors and TA's were knowledgeable and helpful, they offered plenty of encouragement and understood how difficult the camp is. The pace is extremely fast and the material is challenging but they give you the room to grow and develop if you put in the work. The student manager really listened to you, responded to any issues or requests and tried to work with you to help you succeed. I would only recommend to people who go in realizing that the course asks a lot of time, effort, and frustration depending on your skill level from you, but will be extremely rewarding as you see your skills and comprehension start to grow.

Thursday, Jan 31 2019
    We applaud all your hard work and commitment, Larry! It's great to hear you had such an invaluable student experience and truly felt supported by our entire team. You're completely right that if you're willing to put in the time and effort, this journey will be extremely rewarding. Congratulations on graduating! We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Mathew Hall • Student

The CWRU Coding Boot Camp was an overall great experience. As a mid-life career change, I had decided to go into IT and entered the Boot Camp with very little coding experience,  but after 6 months of hard work, a lot of fun and meeting some great people, I came out a competent web developer and am in the process of establishing a tech startup  based around our final Boot Camp group project.

I felt the Boot Camp curriculum and teaching was very structured and focused, taking us from web basics in HTML and CSS, quickly through to Javascript and JQuery, then databases (SQL and MongoDB) and on to server-side programming with Express and Node. For me, the icing on the cake was learning React, which quickly became my preferred language. At each stage, knowledge was consolidated with homework exercises and group projects, the final project pulling together everything we had learned, and working in a small team, to create a real-world application from scratch.

That is not to underestimate that it is really hard work, the pace was often very quick with lots of ground covered quickly in class and many of the class activities and homework sessions were challenging. You have to put the time in outside of class, and I found myself studying and coding at least 20 hours a week at home in addition to the face to face sessions just to keep up, often a lot more to really be on top of things. Having said that, the support from the instructors and from our student support manager was faultless and they were always available for help via Slack, for extra tuition before and after class or just a pep talk when it all felt like too much!

I picked a 6 month Boot Camp over shorter ones as the face to face sessions in the evening and Saturday mornings were more convenient to fit around work and other commitments but looking back, one of the great advantages of the longer Boot Camp was more time to work on the group projects, which for me was really the best part. Initially, I was a bit skeptical that I would finish the Boot Camp with a portfolio of projects good enough to show potential employers, but if you put in the work and embrace teamworking with fellow students, this is both very achievable and rewarding. I also took advantage of and benefitted greatly from the Career Service which led a clear and structured program to re-orient students to the tech space and what they needed to do to be ready to apply for jobs and stand out to employers.

In summary, the CWRU Coding Boot Camp was a good, well-structured course with instructors and staff who, I felt, were truly invested in student's success. Prospective applicants should be aware though - and I'm sure like all the Boot Camps - that they will need to put in a lot of hard work and many hours outside of the class sessions to really get the most from the course.

Friday, Jun 29 2018
    Way to go, Matthew! We are thrilled you had such a positive experience with our program and enjoyed our curriculum, homework exercises, and group projects. You're right that this is a fast-paced and challenging course, one that covers a wide range of web development material in a short amount of time, so we're happy to hear you not only felt supported and encouraged by our entire team, but also dedicated the necessary time outside of class to master the topics. Congratulations on completing such an immersive course and thank you for your review. We are cheering you on as you go forward!
  • Jordan Isenberg • Analyst at Integis • Student

To start this review, I first want to say how wonderful the administrators, classmates, and teachers were for the whole experience. Administrator - Kim - was always a quick message away. I felt like there was never a time where she would go longer than 2 hours without responding. She was extremely timely and was able to answer any question I had. She continues to support my learning even after the end of the class. Kim is great!

My teacher, Mike, was easy to understand and would make sure that all of his students were keeping up in class. He was able to walk the fine line of moving quickly and making sure that everyone understands each detail. Additionally, I was able to bounce ideas of Mike for projects outside of class. He was quick to give advice and insight, and has a wide range of knowledge outside of the class material as well. I felt engaged in class.

Despite all of the help from teachers and classmates, I was unable to complete the requirements for graduation in time. Working a full-time job in finance and dealing with the sudden illness of a relative in December was too much for me to finish the material in April. I WOULD NOT recommend this class to someone who is working full-time and has other committments. If you are working full-time expect to stay up late nights and work long hours to complete projects and assignments. If you are at a desk job be careful to avoid carpal tunnel as you can spend more than 11 hours a day on the computer. Overall, the class was extremely interesting and worth my investment, but there are only so many hours in a day. I would recommend this class to anyone interested that would be able to spend AT LEAST 25 hours a week working on class material. This class should be considered a part-time to full-time gig.

Response From: Kim Blount of Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps
    Title: Student Success Manager
    Tuesday, May 29 2018
    Thank you so much for your review, Jordan! We are thrilled you consistently felt supported by our instructors, TAs, and classmates - we are proud of our team, they are all pretty amazing! We regret you were unable to complete the requirements for graduation from the boot camp but do applaud you for all you were able to accomplish during your time with us.

Like you mentioned, this program does require a heavy time commitment to studying and mastering the topics. We try our best to communicate the level of dedication required to cover such a large amount of material in 24 weeks and relay to prospective students that they can expect to spend a minimum of 20 hours or more per week outside of class in order to excel (depending on experience). You are completely right that this program is a serious part-time commitment. Our course is designed to provide a high-level understanding of in-demand topics with the goal of giving individuals the foundation needed to be able to dive into additional languages post-graduation. We understand you would have liked to devote more time to the course material and commend you for balancing a personal full-time schedule.

We’d love to hear from you directly to know if there is anything else we can do to support you at this time. If you would like, please reach out to me at (216) 333-1821.
  • Meh
    - 8/2/2020
    Anonymous • Applicant
    Honestly this was a big waste of time and money. Though a bootcamp, there was never a chance to really go in-depth in certain areas and was never truly a reassurance that students understood the material. Most of my comprehension came from tutoring. The last part of the program happened to be during Covid which kinda made it worst due to the lack of focus. Overall I’m just not happy with my time and experience with the program. I feel there was some many scenarios or real like functionally of web development that could have been explained but weren’t. I just expecting more out of my investment.