case-western-reserve-university-boot-camps-logo

Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps

Cleveland

Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps

Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps are 24-week, part-time courses in full-stack web development, data analytics, and cybersecurity in Cleveland, Ohio. The web development curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Java, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. The data analytics curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, API Interactions, SQL, Tableau, Machine Learning, and more. The cybersecurity course provides hands-on training in IT networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. The boot camp curricula are designed with the most in-demand market needs in mind.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change, advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Upon program completion, students will receive a Certificate of Completion from Case Western Reserve University and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development and data analytics, or a wide set of cybersecurity skills applicable to industry certifications.

Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (15) reviews for Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps →

Recent Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationCleveland
    At the Cybersecurity Boot Camp, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationCleveland
    This program is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, JavaScript, Django, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Java, Front End
    LocationCleveland
    The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Java, Node.js, Database Theory, Bookshelf.js, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Students will build a portfolio of web applications to showcase their knowledge, and benefit from a wide range of career services to position them for success through graduation and beyond.

2 Scholarships

• $500 Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Cleveland)
  • $500 Case Western Reserve University Boot Camps Scholarship

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time (Cleveland)

• Brandon Triplett  User Photo
    Brandon Triplett • Junior Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The Full Stack Web Development course I was engaged in from January of 2018 to July of 2018 was definitely a great experience.  The class was mixed with a nice blend of those who have had some coding/programming experience, those who worked in the field, and some who may have never even touched a computer before, let alone having any knowledge of coding.  I took the course Monday and Wednesdays during the evening, and then Saturday morning to afternoon.

My instructors were extremely knowledgeable in the topics that were covered day by day.  Whenever I had a question(whether it was before, during or after class), they always helped me find a way to come to a solution.  The teaching assistants were great too.  Walked around the class during activities to make sure we understood what was currently being worked on, and guided us to find any answers we may have had for the activities.

The activities, homework assignments and even the projects were all challenging and enough to make me go beyond my limits and still acheive success, which is what the cohort was all about.  Succeeding.  And all of the staff members(instructors, TAs, SSM) made sure that succeeding was the main focus for each and every student.

The only thing I would say that could possibly make the cohort a little better would be to modify the cirriculum agenda.  There were some topics and technologies that were either taught out of order, or briefly went over just once and never really touched again.  Which would make for some confusion for those who would have a hard time grasping certain concepts.

As for the career services side of the program, they were very helpful.  There were many times I had questions on how to perform to the best of my ability during interviews; what to ask/what not to ask, what to expect and how to conduct myself.  Helped me discover some tools to utilize during my job serach(e-mail scraping for example).  Overall, career services was definitely worth it.

I would definitely recommend anyone looking to get into this field, and want to gain the education and skills of web development to go thru this bootcamp.

Monday, Apr 01 2019
    Way to go, Brandon! Thank you for sharing your experience and congratulations on graduating the course! We are so happy you enjoyed learning alongside a variety of student backgrounds and skillsets, and that you found the exercises to be challenging. There is definitely a wealth of information covered throughout the boot camp, and as a result, some topics are not covered as in-depth as others. We are always working to optimize our curriculum and how it's delivered, so we appreciate your input. We're glad you found value in the support provided to you from your instructors and TAs, and commend your commitment to nailing your interview skills with the career services team. We wish you all the best as you move forward.
  • Youssef Hamid  User Photo
    Youssef Hamid • Programmer, Analyst, Consultant • Student Verified via GitHub

The CWRU Full-Stack Web Developer Bootcamp was wonderful. What really made it shine was the committment of the instructor and the TAs. They were honest yet encouraging from day one. I had come into the program with a limited amount of self-taught coding skills. i was immediately humbled by the amount I had to learn.

In addition to the academic portion, the bootcamp teaches you to work within a development team.  The 3 group projects are great real-world simulations of creating, developing, and presenting an idea from beginning to end. Through these projects, and other activities, we were able to also build our networks.

As for the cost, I am fortunate enough to say it more than paid itself off. By the middle of October (cohort started at the end of July), I had been hired by a custom dev company. Today I am using almost all of the technologies that were used throughout the bootcamp.

Lastly, I also loved how it was very accommodating to my work/family schedule.  With a 2 small children and a full-time job, the 3 days a week over a longer span definitely worked out well.

Friday, Mar 01 2019
    Thank you for sharing your review, Youssef! We're thrilled our instructional team's commitment and passion towards helping students succeed resonated with you. It's great to hear you enjoyed the group projects and benefited from our flexible part-time schedule. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on in all your coding endeavors!
  • Awesome Course
    - 2/20/2019
    Hayley Hartman  User Photo
    Hayley Hartman • Front End Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

With no tech experience and being burnt out of a social service job, I applied to this bootcamp on full faith that I would be able to learn something new if I had great teachers and I worked hard. The full stack developer program at Case changed my career path for the better, and I am a happier, more hardworking, and smarter person for it. I graduated at the end of January 2019, and on February 18 I started working as a front end web developer at CodeRed in downtown Cleveland.

The instructor and TAs in my cohort were all super knowledgeable and supportive of their students. The course load was pretty good for a part time program, averaging one homework project per week that usually took me 8-10ish hours to hammer out.

Only con I would say is that the coursework at times felt obsolete. For example, we learned Handlebars, which isn't a framework I expect to use again, but it did teach me the basics of building a website out of separate components, which is useful for writing apps with Vue, React, and most recently, ASP.NET Razor.

If you're interested in tech and you're comfortable on a computer, I would really recommend this course.

Thursday, Feb 21 2019
    Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change, Hayley! We're happy to hear you found our instructional team to be supportive and knowledgable. We're always looking to improve our curriculum, so we appreciate your feedback. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best as you move forward!
  • Nicholette Sams  User Photo
    Nicholette Sams • Software Development Manager • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I am a developer who works mostly on Windows Desktop applications.  I wanted to learn Web development.  This is a challenging course if you don't know javascript but not overly complicated.  For new developers, they suggest spending 20+ hours a week outside of class time on homework, projects and studying.  I probably spent 4-6 hours a week and did well on all assignments.  This class was very hands on and also has group projects.

There is also a career services component to the class.  There are webinars on interview best practices and professionals to help you with your resume and LinkedIn page.  I just wish it was a little more personal.  Most of the help was remote and done through comments in Google Docs.  The career services is also accessible for 3 months after you graduate.

I really valued the time and money spent on this course.

Wednesday, Jan 30 2019
    Thank you so much, Nicholette! We're thrilled you learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development and commend all the hard work you committed to mastering the course material. We're always working to improve, so we appreciate your feedback. Congratulations on completing the program! We wish you all the success in your future endeavors.
  • David McLaughlin  User Photo
    David McLaughlin • Student Verified via GitHub

As of today, I’m half way through the 24 week, part-time Bootcamp for learning Full Stack Web Development. So far, I have learned how to code in HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Node.js, Command Line, Git, and currently learning MySQL database. This program has been a challenging yet rewarding experience for me.

I have always been interested in learning about coding. Over the years, I have attended a class for basic programming, read books about coding, and watched videos on coding applications. Trying to be self taught, I became overwhelmed with all the coding jargon and never got very far. When I turned 52, I decided that I wanted to finish out my career doing something different. I couldn’t see myself attending several years of college to attain a degree in computer science, so I began researching coding classes in my community and came across CWRU Coding Bootcamp. After reaching out to CWRU about the Coding Bootcamp program, I new this was the program for which I had been searching: a program that only takes 24 weeks to complete at an affordable cost.

At the CWRU Coding Bootcamp, the instructor, assistants, and staff go above and beyond to ensure that you succeed. The instructor, Tom, has a high degree of knowledge in Web Development and is very passionate about teaching. The student success manager, Kim, genuinely wants each student to succeed. Whenever I email Kim with a question or an issue, she responds in a timely manner. The TA’s are available during class as well as outside of class to answer questions. The Career Services Team assisted me with understanding my local job market and drafting my job search materials. Although I have struggled to find time to work on marketing between working full-time and coursework, I find this to be a valuable source.

The program includes one hour of tutoring weekly at no extra cost. At times, I struggled to get through the activities during class, so I took the opportunity to work through some of the class activities each week with the Tutor remotely from home. I found this to be very beneficial for me in order to keep up with the fast pace and to complete the homework assignments to the best of my ability.

At the start of the program, when learning HTML5, CSS3, bootstrap, and Javascript, I would get frustrated and sometimes think I was in over my head. Although the material was unlike anything I had done before, those languages are now easy for me to write code. That is what I like most about this program: you have to struggle in the beginning and push yourself. Then what you can’t figure out on your own, you will know where to find the information. They can’t teach you every little detail in a few hours because you wouldn't remember it all anyways. Once I realized this, my frustration went away. I like the way the program starts out with learning HTML, CSS, Javascript, then each week from there adding something new. Within a few weeks of starting class, I was making Web Applications. Within 3 months, I completed and deployed a real world Web Application for a group project with 3 other students. I spend about 20 to 30 hours a week studying material and doing homework outside of class. I drive 2 hours round trip three times a week to class and work on average 50 hours a week. I enjoy learning Web Development, and although it can be hard work at times, I find it exciting and rewarding.

In summary, CWRU Coding Bootcamp has a great staff and is structured to teach you what you need to know to become a  full stack Web Developer in a short period of time. Going into this program, you must be willing to attend all the classes, put forth the effort to do all the required work, and sacrifice a minimum of 20 hours a week to studying and doing homework outside of class. If you put in the effort, you will be making web applications in just a few weeks.

Wednesday, Jan 23 2019
    Amazing, David! We truly appreciate your review. We're glad to hear you're enjoying your boot camp experience and are learning so much. Our entire team is passionate about what they do, so we're thrilled they have been invaluable resources — we also think Tom and Kim are fantastic. Like you mentioned, this program does require extensive work outside the classroom to master the curriculum, so we commend all your hard work and dedication. Congratulations on reaching the half-way point! We're looking forward to both your graduation and final project in a few weeks.
  • Marcin Paszt  User Photo
    Marcin Paszt • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I have attended the CWRU 24 week long Full Stack Web Development program and it was one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences of my life. The instructional staff is very knowledgeable and passionate about the material covered and they are more than willing to help out with anyt concepts. While it is true that no prior coding experience was necessary, I do feel that it would be beneficial. There were also some concepts which I wish would be covered more in depth and with more attention but overall, I am very pleased with my experience there!

Monday, Oct 15 2018
    Way to go, Marcin! It's great to hear you had such a rewarding student experience and were fully supported by our instructional team. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, we truly appreciate the advice you provided. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
  • Zach  User Photo
    Zach • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

CWR Offers an excellent full stack program. I, and many others, have transitioned into new careers quickly upon completion of the bootcamp. It's very fast paced, and I would recommend being prepared to but 20 hours in outside of class every single week.

Tuesday, Jul 24 2018
    Thank you so much for your review, Zach! We are so happy you enjoyed our program and were able to quickly transition into a new career. That is great advice you provided to interested students - they will have to dedicate additional time outside of class to master the covered topics. Congratulations on completing the boot camp and best of luck moving forward!
  • SK  User Photo
    SK • Web Application Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I had a great experience in this course learning about new technology that I have not approached before. The instructor and TAs are very helpful throughout the course and they are available most of the hours. I appreciate the way they help fellow students by walking through the error and explaning along way rather than just throwing me the answer that I am looking for.

Throughout the course, I have been given multiple assignment that require me to develop application in different programming languages, and I enjoy working on most of them. By the time I completed the course, I am confident that I have the skillset to develop web application that I always wanted to work on.

The career service provided is top notch, Aubrey has been on top of things and helping me on my resume and preparing me to on my interview skills.

Tuesday, Jun 19 2018
    Amazing, SK! We're so glad you had such a positive experience learning valuable web development skills. Our instructors, TAs, and career services team are passionate about student success, so we are thrilled you not only feel confident in your newfound skill set but have been actively working on preparing your interview skills - we also think Aubrey is amazing! Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
  • Great Program
    - 8/30/2017
    Tom  User Photo
    Tom • Student Verified via GitHub
    The program is a great for becoming proficient in web development. The instructor and TA's are very knowledgeable and very helpful. You can come to them for help before and after class, as well as through Slack after hours. Kim the Student Success Manager (SSM) is awesome and truly cares about her students succeeding. The career services help you have a good resume and online presence. They also help prepare you with mock interviews and practice interview questions. At the time of this review I have not yet gotten into seeking assistance in job placement. It's a great program with great staff that want to help you and see you succeed. If you decide to enter this program I recommend looking into HTML, CSS and JavaScript ahead of class. They cover the topics well but knowing some of the stuff beforehand will definitely give you a leg up. I would definitely recommend this program to anyone looking to get into web development.
    Tuesday, Sep 05 2017
    Thank you so much for your review, Tom! We’re glad to have you in our program. It is our mission to provide a comprehensive educational experience for aspiring web developers, so we’re thrilled to hear that your instructor, TAs, Student Success Manager, and Career Services team are all demonstrating their firm commitment to student success.

As you mention, preparing for the program with outside research can shorten the learning curve.  We appreciate you sharing this excellent advice for future students. We hope you're proud of the hard that work you’ve put into this course, and we wish you nothing but the best moving forward in this program, and beyond.
  • Rewarding
    - 10/30/2019
    Indira V. Poovambur • Student

To make use of employer-sponsored tuition reimbursement program and level up for the next phase in my career in Data, I enrolled myself to this course.
    I am writing this review halfway into the program, therefore I do not yet know the outcome as it relates to my career from this course. Nonetheless, this has been a very rewarding experience so far. The curriculum is intense and rigorous and will require serious commitment which they make very clear during enrollment.
    The Homeworks is the best part, it reinforces concepts taught in class and allows one to explore deeper. I strongly recommend doing the optional part of the homework too.
    The curriculum is wide than deep, every three weeks you will find yourself learning something new(language/database/technology).
    Plenty of online resources are provided every week to help us with further understanding and learning.
    In my case, both the Instructor and TA were very knowledgeable and approachable. They were able to answer all my questions and concerns. The instructor would always encourage questions and take examples from real-world scenarios to keep the class engaged.

For prospective students I would say, be prepared for a grind, this is not "let's have some fun" course.

Wednesday, Oct 30 2019
    Thank you for sharing your current boot camp experience, Indira! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the curriculum and benefiting from our instructional team's support.

Great advice for prospective students—this course will require serious commitment, so completing homework assignments and utilizing all available resources will truly help you succeed. We commend all your hard work thus far and can't wait to see you cross the finish line in a few weeks!
  • Maria Maniccia • Junior Developer • Graduate

I learned both front and back end libraries, languages, and frameworks. Plus more.

Friday, Jun 28 2019
    Thank you, Marla! We're thrilled you successfully learned the fundamentals of web development. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on in all your endeavors!
  • Recent graduate
    - 2/19/2019
    Mark Piscioneri • Developer • Graduate
    I was looking to develop a new revenue stream and realized that coding and development were the best opportunity for me. The support staff, instructor and career services were excellent! I was truly amazed on the amount of learning that I was able to achieve during the 6 months of the course. I was also very impressed by the quality of the follow up from the support team.
    Friday, Feb 22 2019
    Amazing, Mark! We're thrilled you found our entire boot camp team to be supportive and successfully learned the fundamentals of web development. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck in your future endeavors.
    - 1/31/2019
    Larry • Graduate

I felt overall the experience was invaluable, where I came from the beginning of the camp to the end was a massive difference. The Instructors and TA's were knowledgeable and helpful, they offered plenty of encouragement and understood how difficult the camp is. The pace is extremely fast and the material is challenging but they give you the room to grow and develop if you put in the work. The student manager really listened to you, responded to any issues or requests and tried to work with you to help you succeed. I would only recommend to people who go in realizing that the course asks a lot of time, effort, and frustration depending on your skill level from you, but will be extremely rewarding as you see your skills and comprehension start to grow.

Thursday, Jan 31 2019
    We applaud all your hard work and commitment, Larry! It's great to hear you had such an invaluable student experience and truly felt supported by our entire team. You're completely right that if you're willing to put in the time and effort, this journey will be extremely rewarding. Congratulations on graduating! We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Mathew Hall • Student

The CWRU Coding Boot Camp was an overall great experience. As a mid-life career change, I had decided to go into IT and entered the Boot Camp with very little coding experience,  but after 6 months of hard work, a lot of fun and meeting some great people, I came out a competent web developer and am in the process of establishing a tech startup  based around our final Boot Camp group project.

I felt the Boot Camp curriculum and teaching was very structured and focused, taking us from web basics in HTML and CSS, quickly through to Javascript and JQuery, then databases (SQL and MongoDB) and on to server-side programming with Express and Node. For me, the icing on the cake was learning React, which quickly became my preferred language. At each stage, knowledge was consolidated with homework exercises and group projects, the final project pulling together everything we had learned, and working in a small team, to create a real-world application from scratch.

That is not to underestimate that it is really hard work, the pace was often very quick with lots of ground covered quickly in class and many of the class activities and homework sessions were challenging. You have to put the time in outside of class, and I found myself studying and coding at least 20 hours a week at home in addition to the face to face sessions just to keep up, often a lot more to really be on top of things. Having said that, the support from the instructors and from our student support manager was faultless and they were always available for help via Slack, for extra tuition before and after class or just a pep talk when it all felt like too much!

I picked a 6 month Boot Camp over shorter ones as the face to face sessions in the evening and Saturday mornings were more convenient to fit around work and other commitments but looking back, one of the great advantages of the longer Boot Camp was more time to work on the group projects, which for me was really the best part. Initially, I was a bit skeptical that I would finish the Boot Camp with a portfolio of projects good enough to show potential employers, but if you put in the work and embrace teamworking with fellow students, this is both very achievable and rewarding. I also took advantage of and benefitted greatly from the Career Service which led a clear and structured program to re-orient students to the tech space and what they needed to do to be ready to apply for jobs and stand out to employers.

In summary, the CWRU Coding Boot Camp was a good, well-structured course with instructors and staff who, I felt, were truly invested in student's success. Prospective applicants should be aware though - and I'm sure like all the Boot Camps - that they will need to put in a lot of hard work and many hours outside of the class sessions to really get the most from the course.

Friday, Jun 29 2018
    Way to go, Matthew! We are thrilled you had such a positive experience with our program and enjoyed our curriculum, homework exercises, and group projects. You're right that this is a fast-paced and challenging course, one that covers a wide range of web development material in a short amount of time, so we're happy to hear you not only felt supported and encouraged by our entire team, but also dedicated the necessary time outside of class to master the topics. Congratulations on completing such an immersive course and thank you for your review. We are cheering you on as you go forward!
  • Jordan Isenberg • Analyst at Integis • Student

To start this review, I first want to say how wonderful the administrators, classmates, and teachers were for the whole experience. Administrator - Kim - was always a quick message away. I felt like there was never a time where she would go longer than 2 hours without responding. She was extremely timely and was able to answer any question I had. She continues to support my learning even after the end of the class. Kim is great!

My teacher, Mike, was easy to understand and would make sure that all of his students were keeping up in class. He was able to walk the fine line of moving quickly and making sure that everyone understands each detail. Additionally, I was able to bounce ideas of Mike for projects outside of class. He was quick to give advice and insight, and has a wide range of knowledge outside of the class material as well. I felt engaged in class.

Despite all of the help from teachers and classmates, I was unable to complete the requirements for graduation in time. Working a full-time job in finance and dealing with the sudden illness of a relative in December was too much for me to finish the material in April. I WOULD NOT recommend this class to someone who is working full-time and has other committments. If you are working full-time expect to stay up late nights and work long hours to complete projects and assignments. If you are at a desk job be careful to avoid carpal tunnel as you can spend more than 11 hours a day on the computer. Overall, the class was extremely interesting and worth my investment, but there are only so many hours in a day. I would recommend this class to anyone interested that would be able to spend AT LEAST 25 hours a week working on class material. This class should be considered a part-time to full-time gig.

Tuesday, May 29 2018
    Thank you so much for your review, Jordan! We are thrilled you consistently felt supported by our instructors, TAs, and classmates - we are proud of our team, they are all pretty amazing! We regret you were unable to complete the requirements for graduation from the boot camp but do applaud you for all you were able to accomplish during your time with us.

Like you mentioned, this program does require a heavy time commitment to studying and mastering the topics. We try our best to communicate the level of dedication required to cover such a large amount of material in 24 weeks and relay to prospective students that they can expect to spend a minimum of 20 hours or more per week outside of class in order to excel (depending on experience). You are completely right that this program is a serious part-time commitment. Our course is designed to provide a high-level understanding of in-demand topics with the goal of giving individuals the foundation needed to be able to dive into additional languages post-graduation. We understand you would have liked to devote more time to the course material and commend you for balancing a personal full-time schedule.

We’d love to hear from you directly to know if there is anything else we can do to support you at this time. If you would like, please reach out to me at (216) 333-1821.