careerist-logo

Careerist

Online, Sunnyvale

Careerist

Careerist (formerly JobEasy) offers online coding bootcamps in QA Automation, QA Manual, DevOps and Tech Sales. Careerist's bootcamps include a built-in internship, resume development and interview prep, so bootcamp graduates are eligible to land mid-level tech positions.

The 12-week DevOps bootcamp curriculum covers Linux, HashiCorp products, FS structures and permissions, directories, text processors, executable binaries and scripts, public cloud platforms, cloud basics, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and CI tools.

In the 15-week QA Automation bootcamp, students learn Python, OOP, PyCharm, Selenium WebDriver, GitHub, and Git. QA Automation students will learn window handling, basic algorithms, test data separation, page object pattern, and expected conditions library.

The 4-week QA Manual boocamp is ideal for students who want to become QA testers. The bootcamp curriculum covers software QA foundations and mobile and web application testing.

The 11-week Tech Sales bootcamp covers communication techniques, CRM administration, the sales cyle, spreadsheets, networking, and cloud basics. This bootcamp is perfect for anyone who is looking to land roles as Sales Engineers and Solutions Engineers.

Careerist offers an income share agreement where students only pay an admission fee ($799) and tuition is waived until they are hired. If students do not find employment after bootcamp graduation, the tuition fee is waived.

Careerist students receive 1:1 support and mentoring, including after bootcamp completion. Students also receive career services to prepare for job interviews. Career services may include resume preparation, LinkedIn profile creation, job market skills and hacks, analysis of the job market in the student’s area, and how to answer interview questions.

Recent Careerist Reviews: Rating 4.52

all (268) reviews for Careerist →

Recent Careerist News

• CareerUp Quality Assurance

Advance your career, receive a higher salary and gain more flexibility in top companies like Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix and Google. According to Glassdoor, you can achieve a $100k/year salary. - 1:1 mentorship Get personalized, 1:1 training based on your needs, goals and preferences. Your mentor will help you optimize your resume, online presence and communication skills so you get a job faster. - Negotiations We are interested that your salary will be as high as possible, and your job position will have a way to grow. We know the industry very well so you could have the best options with better conditions. - Time Saving Get a job faster and spend less time applying for jobs. Instead of wasting several hours a day looking for a job, Careerist will search and apply for openings on your behalf. - Job Application Service We search for and submit job applications on your behalf. Stop wasting time on painful and repetitive tasks – sit back and prepare for the many job interviews we’ll schedule for you. - Instructions from Industry Insiders You will get individual consultations with advanced professionals and will improve your skills. - Intensive online training We only offer online classes with top experts from QA industry. You can easily add all the classes to your schedule. PAY WHEN YOU GET HIRED You have the chance to waive your program’s tuition fee until you get a high-paying job in tech. If you don’t get the job you want, you don't pay your program’s fee, just a small admission fee. The ISA, or Income Share Agreement, is when you agree to pay a percentage of your initial monthly salary to us so that you can pay back your tuition fee. It’s a win-win.
      Minimum Skill Level- Currently work in QA industry - Have more than 3 years of experience
    • QA Automation

Algorithms, Git, Python, Quality Assurance Testing
      The JobEasy QA Automation bootcamp is a total of 15 weeks: 5 weeks for the first bootcamp lesson followed by 10 weeks of intensive online training. Students will be prepared for jobs as Test Automation Engineers. Bootcamp students will learn Python, OOP, PyCharm, Selenium WebDriver, Behave, GitHub, and Git. QA Automation students will learn window handling, test data separation, page object pattern, and expected conditions library. Bootcamp students will learn basic algorithms and Big O: Fibonacci. Students will learn popular interview algorithm tests such as Array Pair Sum, Largest Continuous Sum, String Compression, and Unique Characters in a String. Finally, QA Automation bootcamp students will learn sorting, merge sort, quick sort, and bubble sort.
      Tuition PlansIncome Share Agreement is available.
      Refund / GuaranteeIf students do not find employment, the tuition fee is waived. However, the registration fee is non-refundable.
    • QA Manual

Python, Quality Assurance Testing
      4-week intensive online training will help you develop technical and communication skills for a successful career in QA. Live classes are weekly Sunday to Thursday 9:30–11:30 PM Eastern. After each lesson students get handouts and recording. 1:1 support and mentoring. Students can ask questions during the lessons or after them. Even after the course is over. We will make your resume and post it on job sites with proper keywords so you could get tons of calls from recruiters. You will learn how to search for a job effectively, answer interview questions and significantly increase chances of getting hired. Study first, pay us later. No student loans, no debt, and you won't pay a tuition until you land a job making at least $50k a year.
      Refund / GuaranteeThe first lesson is completely free. After that, make no up-front payments except the registration fee, then pay a portion of your salary after you're hired to pay us back for the course tuition. If you're not hired, owe nothing except the reg fee
    • Systems Engineer

Linux, Mobile Security, Network Security
      Systems Engineer is an attractive tech career as it is in great demand on the market. The System Engineer Accelerator from Careerist is a fast track towards a $65k+ salary. Are you looking for a change? - Practical online training Learn everything you need to know in order to succeed as a Systems Engineer in just 9 weeks. You can start looking for a job after week 7 while continuing with the rest of the course. - Integrated internship With a built-in internship, you’ll have the real-world experience and references you need to land your first Systems Engineer job. - 1-on-1 mentorship Work with our career specialists who will help apply for jobs and support your career seeking journey. - Job placement service We will send out your resume so you can focus on responding to recruiters, preparing for interviews and landing that job! - Interview prep Live job interview practice will get you ready for any questions. Boost your confidence and get hired. - Our Instructors Our program is led by tech industry leaders from top companies like EPAM, New York Times and more. Tuition waived with ISA: pay when you get hired As your career partners, we offer you to waive the program tuition until you get a high-paying job in tech. Didn't get the job you wanted? You don't pay for our program but a small admission fee. This partnership is made possible through ISA – Income Share Agreement. When you start your new job in tech, a percentage of your initial salary will go towards the tuition payment. It’s a win-win.
    • Tech Sales

Sales, Salesforce
      OnlineFull Time4 Weeks
      If you are passionate about technology and love helping others overcome challenges, then the Tech-Sales career path will be perfect for you. Our process is simple. You will grow within three levels of technical difficulty, during which you’ll also receive expert-led interactive live lessons, 1-1 mentorship, VIP support, and automated job application assistance which will allow you to get hired and start generating income right after completing your first level of training. Our guarantee: you pay us nothing but a small registration fee until you’re hired. Tech Sales make $115,000 on average (according to indeed.com). Our training is made with an internship program, resume development and interview prep, so our graduates stand out when applying for positions. Apply by the link https://www.careerist.com/sales
    • I had some nerves
      - 9/16/2021
      Russell Medina • Graduate
      I was an accounting uni dropout who wanted to career pivot to software development.  After some years of teaching myself, I thought about a school and found in internet some reviews about Careerist.  After getting accepted, I had some nerves.  It is intensive and only 4 weeks.  During my time I met many instructors who were extremely helpful and always willing to meet if they were available.  The pathway program is really what set this apart.  Talking with students from other boot camps, nothing offers the career help that I received.
    • Best decision ever
      - 9/15/2021
      Dewey Rhodes • Graduate
      After enjoying a successful 15-year career in customer service and sales, I decided to pursue my interest in testing and enroll in Careerist. Best decision ever! Besides offering the opportunity to get a jump start in the tech industry by offering a comprehensive curriculum, they also provide expert guidance on resume building and interview training.
    • Joan West • Graduate
      This is the best course I have ever taken so far in my life time, and day by day it’s getting better for me.I have got confidence facing testing interviews and learned lot of new testing vocabularies. I also discussed about your way of teaching with my friends and most of my friends, who had advised me that the online course won’t be an effective one as a classroom training, asked me to update them about the next batch to enroll themselves. This online test course has saved 40 hours journey time for me, and by enrolling in  your course I have saved 4 hours per day on traveling.I also know you will give the best.. I trusted you and here you are giving the best of the best..
    • Wayne Weber • Graduate
      Good place to start. Skillful and friendly mentors. Especially Lana. Thanks to the people at Careerist Academy who are trying to help with the job search process. I would recommend the academy to anyone who wants to enter into the IT world.
    • Ross Reese • Graduate
      The most valuable point in attending courses is to hear all material from people who actually are in production development. All staff of Careerist we met were professional and kind people. So you can hear what tools or frameworks are in trend today. What problems and challenges appear in real life and ways to resolve it. Also important point is to learn and work with your colleagues because it is the way it is in real software production. And it is good to have people who care about you after you finish the course. There was a constant stream of links who are looking for testers.
    • Sammy Daniels • Graduate
      Careerist did a great job taking me from building blocks of manual software engineering to a qa tester The program was very intense, but there was always support provided and the emphasis on team building made it so my cohort-mates and I bonded together very tightly. The focus on autonomy was also very helpful for after the program where I needed to learn new tech without support, and found that I could do so fairly easily.
      Pros:
      -Sound education methods
      -High degree of support, but without giving away information
      -Projects that mimic real world environments
      -Extremely well organized
      -Excellent instructors
      Cons:
      -Not a lot of direct support for non-visual learning styles (i.e. those who don't learn by reading)
    • Jaden West • Graduate
       Before I joined Careerist, I was selling dumpster rentals to a wide variety of clients. I had hit a cap (ceiling) income-wise and became limited. I wanted to find a company where I could expand upon my skill set and eventually make six-figures a year.
      When I first found Careerist, I honestly thought it was overpriced and that I could somehow lose. After doing research on the company and employees, as well as speaking to other members, I realized that this was an opportunity I couldn’t pass up, so I went for it.
      Thanks Careerist -- I couldn’t have done it all without you!
    • Maisie Martin • Graduate
       The techers are extremely professional people with a deep knowledge and practical experience in IT. They provided all necessary support during the course and shared many useful recommendations. Career guarantee bundle and career advisor deserves a special praise. They are realy doing their best to help you - a newly educated IT specialist - to land your first job. It was a pleasure to collaborate with Careerist. Thanks to their efficiency, persistance and support it took me only 2 months to get a great position in QA.
    • Joseph Matthews • Graduate
        Before Careerist, I was studying Tourism Development and Management at Arizona State University while working in heavily customer-oriented roles. When I first learned about Careerist, I was a bit skeptical about the seemingly minimal cost, and time it took to complete the program and kept trying to look for the "hidden agenda" or the "catch" and after extensive combing through the website and FAQ, could not find anything. Aside from that, I was questioning to myself whether I really needed to dive into a completely different industry than my degree was in. However, that was one of my main draw-ins as well, was challenging myself and expanding my horizons. The program emphasized that you didn't need to have any knowledge in technology and sales, let alone sales experience; which was a largely intriguing factor. This program has built my confidence in myself, my knowledge, and my abilities to succeed not just in tech and software sales, but in any endeavor that I explore. This program has motivated me to go ALL IN and take control of my freedom.
    • Elizabeth Murphy • Graduate
      Carrerist team helped me secure my first IT role with an amazing company. Team was really helpful prepping me for the interview and was in contact all the way through. Working in recruitment previously, it’s so refreshing to see a career advisor understand what you are looking for and making you feel like she’s on your side!
      Can’t recommend enough!
    • Alex O'donnell • Graduate
      Response From: Max Glubochansky of Careerist
      Title: Co-founder
      Wednesday, Sep 08 2021
      Thanks for the awesome review,  Alex ! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. I hope to see you among our students again soon. Cheers!

• Thiago Cannon • Graduate
      My mentor Anna helped me to secure an apprenticeship place. She was very helpful and provided advice and guidance. She has also offered ongoing assistance as required.