careerist-logo

Careerist

Average Rating4.06
37 Reviews
3 Courses

Careerist offers online courses in Manual QA, QA Automation, Tech Sales, and Systems Engineering. Careerist's courses include a built-in internship, resume development and interview prep, so bootcamp graduates are eligible to land mid-level tech positions.

The 4-week QA Manual bootcamp is ideal for students who want to become QA testers and doesn't have any tech background. The bootcamp curriculum covers software QA foundations and mobile and web applicatio...

37 Careerist Reviews

• Ray
    Graduate • Sales Engineering • Online
    Sep 22, 2022

Sales Engineer

This is My experience with Careerist and i would like to share it for anybody wants to make decision.
    Sales Engineering in Careerist  is nothing more than Sales Rep Training. For Sales Engineering, you need to have Technical background and they do not mention this at the time of admission. basically, they don't have any admission process. They only try to get more students no matter what is their qualification and are they a good fit for the sales Engineering position or not?
    The w...

Sep 28, 2022

Dear Ray. I really appreciate you have shared your experience about Careerist school and let me comment it so that naturally if somebody would like to decide, they need to understand all things and processes right.

We really tend to have our house full for each of our course because this factor is important for the high level the students get at our school.  Completeness of groups directly affects the financing of the educational process, and we strive to ensure that our students receive everything of the highest quality. We do not mention the necessity to have a technical background for our future Sales Engineers. We admit they do not need to be of a Technical background. We teach them to be during the course. We provide the sufficient knowledge for our alumni to be Sales Engineers. We assist them with placement in this profession. Sales Representative that you mention is a totally different profession. It's about the customer relationship, but not technical insight about deployment and implementation.

Our mentors are real superstars in the things they do to the students. If there's anything you do not know, and they address you to an instructor, you had to ask the instructor about your issue if you did not hear it during the curriculum. I can't comment on this very situation, because I do not know how was it. You might have missed it in the curriculum, or you missed asking the instructor as it were beyond curriculum.

Surprisingly, you landed a job as a Sales Rep after the Sales Engineering course. This job requires a completely different education than our Sales Engineering course. Good luck anyway!
  • Ivan Gromov
    Verified by GitHub
    Jun 23, 2021

Thanks to all the Team

manual QA course covers the basics of manual software testing; the main focus is on passing the interview and getting a job in the IT field. It is the fastest course available anywhere which can make you ready for your job interview.
    There is an internship with a real-world project, you have option to do internship as long as you need it.
    As mentioned above, the main focus is on interview preparation, and instructors at Careerist team will support you throughout your job applicatio...

Jun 28, 2021

Hi, Ivan Gromov ! Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Come back for your next course with us. Cheers!

• Azamat Kosanov
    QA Manual • Online
    Jun 23, 2021

Thanks to all the Team

Attending class in easy way with a supporting material and videos help me a lot to understand the subject in depth. I got a very good image about the outside IT market . I really like it the hand on experience I got it with the different tools instead of lecture only, I was exposed with installing different tools, it build my confident how I get the tools help me to do my work.

Jun 28, 2021

Hi! Thank you! Looking forward to see you at graduates meetings and good luck with the job search.

• Bronislav Novak
    SDET
    Dec 11, 2020

Highly Recommend

Whoever wants to be a QA/SDET i highly recommend to take their course.
    They have an amazing team of instructors.  They teach you everything that you need to know about Quality Assurance and prepare you for interviews.
    A lot of people are scared of going to interviews but thanks to JobEasy they build my confidence so when I was going to the interviews I sounded confided and knowledgeable.
    Want to thank Max Glubochansky for mentoring me and preparing for interviews.
    Highly rec...

founder of JobEasy

Dec 12, 2020

Thanks for the kind words! We are glad that our school has helped you to make your life better.
  • Ravshan R
    Software QA Engineer • Graduate • QA Manual • Online
    Jul 29, 2020

Excellent Manual QA course

JobEasy manual QA course covers the basics of manual software testing; the main focus is on passing the interview and getting a job in the IT field.
    There is an internship with a real-world project, you have the option to do an internship as long as you need it.
    As mentioned above, the main focus is on interview preparation, and instructors at the JobEasy team will support you throughou...

founder

Dec 12, 2020

Will be glad to see you again on our advanced courses. Follow our news on social networks.
  • Vlad Petrenko
    QA automation engineer • QA Automation • Online
    Jul 28, 2022

QA manual/automation

Hi
    I've finished both courses about a year ago. Found a job shortly after completing the course. Of course I started with a manual course, 2 month later a found a great position at Intel
    Then I decided that I want to grow as a specialist and completed automation course.
    I am very grateful to this school for all the effort they put into students.
    Yuri and Svetlana are the best <3

Aug 02, 2022

Dear   Vlad, thank you for your lovely note. I so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Careerist software testing online courses. We strive to be the best online bootcamp in US. I’m glad we could help you get a high paying job!

• Lorena Austin
    Graduate • QA Automation • Online
    Jul 11, 2022

Excellent instructors who are attentive to students 24/7

Excellent instructors who are attentive to students 24/7. They will stay with you after class until you understand the material front to back. If you want a rigorous introduction to the world of QA, Careerist is the place to start. Put in the time, participate in class, and complete their assignments without looking for shortcuts. I stuck to that routine and secured a job within two weeks after the program ended.

Aug 04, 2022

Dear  Lorena, thank you for your lovely note. I so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Careerist software testing online courses. We strive to be the best online bootcamp in US. I’m glad we could help you get a high paying job!

• Sam Carvalho
    Market Development Representative • Student • Sunnyvale
    May 22, 2022

Income Share Agreement Trap

Don't do it! The tech sales course charges $1000 and presents talented and high-status businessmen as teachers to draw in students and give us a course with content as rudimentary as one can get from any Sales 101 Youtube series, promises closely guided career search counseling, but in practice, hires mentors that recommend lying about the student's work experience, offer only a resume template and added buzzwords and who also need to be reminded multiple times over weeks to turn on Job ...

Jul 28, 2022

Dear Mr. Carvalho, Sam. You are around a 50th in a row who is saying exactly what you have said here but in different media. Well, not word in word (like  a resume template you mention above:) ), but the contents are generally the same: very poor level of aducation, fake resume and somehow a student lands a job on his own. Right into that fiels where he almost received a zero knowledge from Careerist, he/she finds a high paying job in tech. As soon as he/she starts get paid this high wages, he starts to invent how to escape his payouts under the ISA. So, the outcome from these stories is that you came to Careerist with no money and used the advantage of ISA, then got almost no education, tailored a fake resume as mentor requested, cheated the employer and got a job, think of cheating Careerist and not pay a penny because it does not cost it. Bingo!
  • Shelia Rhodes
    May 18, 2022

Course on best practices

Overall I was pleased with the Manual QA course that I attended, which was held for seven weeks. Although I was already familiar with many of the topics, it was good to receive a refresher course on best practices. I do wish that there was more explanation of intermediate tactics in software testing. The course was worth the money.

May 19, 2022

Hi  Shelia! Thank you! Looking forward to see you at graduates meetings and good luck with the job search.

• Elijah Mosley
    Apr 12, 2022

Сareer change to tech

I was thinking about making a career change to tech and there were so many different paths and fields to take. Careerist was a fantastic help because they have some good, free resources on their site that detailed what these different paths and fields really do! After some more research, I decided to enroll in their Manual course. Every single bit of it was project based, hands-on experience. I definitely recommend Careerist if you are serious about learning and motivat...

May 18, 2022

Hi Elijah, thank you for the great review! We’re so happy you loved your experience and can’t wait to have you back for your next course. Until then, we’re here if you need anything.

• Maxim Malkhazov
    Dec 31, 2021

Good and very helpful

The course was good and very helpful. After this course I gained the confidence that I can be a great tester if I follow what was learned in this class. I really enjoyed the class and learned a great deal!! I would definetly recommend this class to others who want to learn more about software testing practices.The instructor gave easy to follow instructions. He was very knowledgeable and demonstrated a great deal of experience with testing.

Feb 24, 2022

Hi,  Maxim! Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Come back for your next course with us. Cheers!

• Nicholas W
    QA Manager • Graduate • Consultations 1:1 • Online
    Dec 08, 2021

CareerUp review

I signed up for a CareerUp program last March with Careerist. I had been working in a QA Engeneer for 2 years and had reached the highest level of my role. I was eager to grow within my company and was looking to step up to the next level. I hoped to become atleast a team lead at bigger tech company. The program was amazing (and challenging at the same time!). Everyone at Careerist team was a great support. I finished the course in May i had three succsesfull interviews! And couldn’t be ...

Dec 28, 2021

Dear   Nicholas, thank you for your lovely note. I so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Careerist software testing online courses. We strive to be the best online bootcamp in US. I’m glad we could help you get a high paying job!

Careerist Alumni Outcomes

Recent Careerist News

Jess Feldman
Published April 01, 2022
Course Report · March 2022 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup What was the buzz in the bootcamp industry this March? So far, 4.35 million Americans have quit their jobs this year, and many are making career changes. We’re rounding up the latest news about how bootcamps are helping these folks meet their career goals, and a new apprenticeship program that caught our eye. This March, two new org...
Jess Feldman
Published March 16, 2022
Roman Shcherbakov reached a ceiling as a Project Manager for a flooring company in Portland, Oregon. Ready to pivot into a more fulfilling and lucrative career, he explored his options in quality assurance (QA) by enrolling at Careerist’s Manual QA bootcamp. With Careerist’s Income Share Agreement, Roman was able to attend the online bootcamp at low-cost upfront and pay back tuition after he ...