boisecodeworks-logo

BoiseCodeWorks

Boise

BoiseCodeWorks

BoiseCodeWorks is an intensive coding bootcamp based in Boise, Idaho. BoiseCodeWorks's flagship course is a full stack, full-time 12-week immersive course. The course costs $7,800 with a curriculum built to modern industry standards so that students graduate with professional ready portfolios. The immersive focuses on key modern technologies like JavaScript, Angular, and NodeJS, ASP.NET, and Git. Students will learn database technologies like SQL and MongoDB. The immersive course also emphasizes job preparation and includes ongoing career support.

BoiseCodeWorks also offers part-time evening classes in Front End development and UX/UI Design.

While applicants don't need experience to be accepted, BoiseCodeWorks looks for students who are passionate about learning to code, have learned some basics of development, and have investigated the world of programming on their own.

Students will learn in a collaborative team environment that simulates the current industry standards. They will work with industry professionals to gain insight into real-world development environments. Students graduate prepared to offer employers competent coding skills and knowledge from day one.

Recent BoiseCodeWorks Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (29) reviews for BoiseCodeWorks →

Recent BoiseCodeWorks News

• Immersive Full Stack Web Development

GitHub, Front End, JavaScript, Node.js, C#, ASP.NET, Git, SQL, .NET, HTML, CSS, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Scrum, Agile
    Start Date November 16, 2020
    LocationBoise
    Our Immersive Course is a full-time experience designed for students looking to start a career in programming. Immersive students learn both front-end and back-end technologies, and work in groups under the supervision of experienced mentors to create fully functional real-world applications. By the end of our Immersive Course, students will be ready to enter the workforce with an impressive portfolio of varied projects and a strong sense of how to contribute to a team of professional developers.
    Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit. This course is also GI Bill® eligible.
    Tuition PlansYes
    ScholarshipScholarships Available
    November 16, 2020 - Boise Apply by November 09, 2020
    January 25, 2021 - Boise Apply by January 18, 2021
  • Very useful course
    - 6/28/2016
    Sergey • Graduate

After I had moved to Boise I was looking for a web developer course and BoiseCodeWorks gave the best offer in the area. During 3 months I got a lot of knowledge in HTLM, CSS, JavaScript, C# and many different frameworks like Bootstrap and Angular. The learning process is carried out through new cases and small projects and I am sure it is much better then 'dry' academic lectures.

I had an amazing posibility to utilize knowledge in fron-end and back-end development in the capstone project. With every new step of development of the project I opened new ways how to use familiar technologies and learned new ones like Node.js, APIs and Twilio.

Jack, Tom and Matt are the best teachers in Treasure Valley. The always have right words to explain a lot of new things and help you when you need.

• Very much worth it
    - 5/16/2016
    Marcus • Student

I attended the evening Web Development course in the fall of 2015. During our course we went over HTML, CSS, vanilla JS, jQuery, Angular, Firebase, Node.js, MongoDB, C#, Agile, Scrum, etc. The course was fast and hard hitting, but worth every moment.

We were constantly challenged by Jake and Matt to improve our code, whether that meant adhering to a coding standard, or always being on the lookout to find ways to improve what we had written. We had many projects that we were assigned to complete during the course, but the culmination was in a final project that was presented to the public and potential employers at our demo night.

The group I was a part of decided to create a site who's main feature was a live chatroom using Angular and Firebase. We were able to make a real-time chat application using the processes we learned during this course, something that would have taken us much longer had we not gone through BCW. Overall I would highly recommend BCW to anyone that is looking to get a start in this industry, and that wants to learn more about programming/development as well.

• It's Worth It!
    - 5/11/2016
    Sara • Student

I took the Immersive Full Stack Course at Boise Code Works from January to March 2016. During the course we learned front-end frameworks such as HTML, CSS, JavaScript, JQuery, and Angular. We also learned back-end frameworks such as Node and C# and got an introduction to testing languages.

During the course, we utilized the skills we were learning to create a portfolio of numerous apps and games. Towards the end of the course we worked on a final capstone project where we were able to apply all of our new skills to a project that we presented at the end of the course at Demo Night.  After the course I have gotten a lot of support searching for jobs. The teachers at Boise Code Works are well known in the development community in Boise and the connections they have with businesses are strong and they’re expanding as every new class is graduating.

The best part about Boise Code Works is the teachers. Their passion for web development is contagious and it’s apparent that they started Boise Code Works because they wanted to share that passion with the community of Boise.  They are very patient teachers and have the not-so-common ability to take a complicated topic and teach it in a way that beginners can understand. They work really hard, often staying way past classroom hours working to make sure that all the students succeed.

Overall, I had an amazing experience at Boise Code Works. I didn’t have much experience with web development when I started and I was able to keep up with the curriculum and learn a lot.  While it was a very challenging course, the community and teachers at Boise Code Works are supportive and they worked just as hard as I did to make sure I got the most out of the course. Going to Boise Code Works is one of the best things I have done for myself professionally and I would recommend it to anyone that is remotely interested in web development and wants to learn more.

• Amazing Course
    - 4/27/2016
    Ranjit A • Graduate

I attended the fall evening web development course held at BoiseCodeWorks between August and November 2015. The course curriculum and the quality of the instruction were both excellent. Jake is a wonderful teacher and I learned front end development (html, css, javascript, jquery, angular) and back-end (.net, intro to node and mongo). There were numerous thoughtful project-based assignments provided during the course that enabled students to apply what they learned in the class room. The 12 week course was fast-paced enough that you always felt like something new was being thrown at you. The hard work was well worth the reward of watching your code come alive, especially around some relatively complex projects

Our group was able to do a nice project involving hooking up to the twitter API which we presented at Demo Night. As Boise's premier coding bootcamp, BCW is providing a valuable service by spreading technical education across the Treasure Valley and introducing people from a wide variety of background to writing code.

I couldnt be happier with the overall experience and highly recommended BCW to interested students. They have since expanded their offerings to a full stack immersive offering as well as a ui/ux offering. So, depending upon your area of interest and ability to commit time, there is something for everyone.

• 5 Stars
    - 12/3/2020

BoiseCodeWorks Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at BoiseCodeWorks, 85% graduated. 100% of graduates were job-seeking and 76% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $47,500. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 88 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance