boisecodeworks-logo

BoiseCodeWorks

Boise

BoiseCodeWorks

BoiseCodeWorks is an intensive coding bootcamp based in Boise, Idaho. BoiseCodeWorks's flagship course is a full stack, full-time 12-week immersive course. The course costs $7,800 with a curriculum built to modern industry standards so that students graduate with professional ready portfolios. The immersive focuses on key modern technologies like JavaScript, Angular, and NodeJS, ASP.NET, and Git. Students will learn database technologies like SQL and MongoDB. The immersive course also emphasizes job preparation and includes ongoing career support.

BoiseCodeWorks also offers part-time evening classes in Front End development and UX/UI Design.

While applicants don't need experience to be accepted, BoiseCodeWorks looks for students who are passionate about learning to code, have learned some basics of development, and have investigated the world of programming on their own.

Students will learn in a collaborative team environment that simulates the current industry standards. They will work with industry professionals to gain insight into real-world development environments. Students graduate prepared to offer employers competent coding skills and knowledge from day one.

Recent BoiseCodeWorks Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (29) reviews for BoiseCodeWorks →

Recent BoiseCodeWorks News

• Immersive Full Stack Web Development

GitHub, Front End, JavaScript, Node.js, C#, ASP.NET, Git, SQL, .NET, HTML, CSS, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Scrum, Agile
    Start Date November 16, 2020
    LocationBoise
    Our Immersive Course is a full-time experience designed for students looking to start a career in programming. Immersive students learn both front-end and back-end technologies, and work in groups under the supervision of experienced mentors to create fully functional real-world applications. By the end of our Immersive Course, students will be ready to enter the workforce with an impressive portfolio of varied projects and a strong sense of how to contribute to a team of professional developers.
    Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit. This course is also GI Bill® eligible.
    Tuition PlansYes
    ScholarshipScholarships Available
    November 16, 2020 - Boise Apply by November 09, 2020
    January 25, 2021 - Boise Apply by January 18, 2021
  • Matt  User Photo
    Matt • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

As a graduate of the 2017 Immersive Summer Full-Stack development course with Boise CodeWorks, I waited to write my review and weigh in until after I had seen the entire process of becoming a developer through from beginning to end. I spent 12 weeks immersed in code (hence the course name) learning full-stack JavaScript, some C#, and a wide variety of front end CSS design tools and frameworks, which were presented to be by instructors Jake, Mark, Tom, and teachers aids Darryl and Justin in a way that was broken down and easy to understand. During my initial consultation with CodeWorks' staff prior to beginning the course, I was promised many things, including help with job placement and all the skills I would need to become a professional web developer. CodeWorks delivered on ALL of these promises. Within a month of graduating, I have found gainful employment with an extremely reputable local company as their in-house software developer, building full-stack applications that will provide new services to clients and help contribute to the growth of the business. The foundation for the code I now write every day at work was built by the things I learned at Boise CodeWorks and without their awesome team of instructors, none of it would have been possible. As cheesy as it may sound, their motto, "Develop your future", has proven to be far more literal than I would've ever imagined. Thanks CodeWorks.

• Boise CodeWorks
    - 4/13/2017
    Colby DeRango  User Photo
    Colby DeRango • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Going to Boise CodeWorks was the greatest decision I have ever made. I couldn't believe everything I was able to learn in just 12 weeks. It can be scary to drop your whole life and just focus on coding for 3 months but I promise it is so worth it. You can tell the faculty really cares and wants you to succeed as well as help you every step of the way.

• Trevor • Student
    This is the most valuable training I have ever received. I have a bachelors degree in biology and certification as a phlebotomist. I have obtained many other certifications throughout my career and none are even close to this experience. CodeWorks has an intense program but it was worth it. I feel that I am prepared to enter into an industry where I can be successful as a developer. The staff at CodeWorks are not just here to just teach a skill, but really come along side you and guide you through the program. The investment they put into me allowed me to be confident in the skills that are required to start a successful career. There is no better choice you could make when looking for a career change than coming to CodeWorks.
  • Great Decision
    - 3/24/2020
    Marco • Graduate
    The CodeWorks curriculum provides students with the viable, software development skills required to enter the modern workforce.  The instructors are world-class, the career services top-notch, and each staff member is genuinely invested in the future and well-being of each student that walks through their doors.  A student isn't just an alumnus after graduating, they're considered part of the CodeWorks family.
  • Steven Laurino • Software Developer • Graduate

CodeWorks is an opportunity to change your life. The program is designed and proven to jumpstart a career in development. In addition to the program, the staff is next level. Instructors are extremely knowledgable and Brittany does an amazing job of helping students get placed in jobs. The atmosphere is comfortable and encourages learning at all times. I would highly recommend CodeWorks to anyone interested in changing careers or starting a career in Software Development.

• Don • Software Development Engineer, Clearwater Analytics • Graduate

For anyone wanting to break into the field of software development without prior professional experience or a computer science degree, enrolling in the BoiseCodeWorks Full Stack Immersive course is the best decision you can make.  In just 13 weeks (plus a few weeks of guided pre-requisite on-line training on basic programming concepts), their superb cadre of instructors will take you from programming novice to a ready-to-hire junior developer.  The well-balanced, hands-on curriculum will teach you all the skills you need to succeed in your first developer job and you will build a robust porfolio along the way that you can show off to potential employers.  Additionally, they will help you build resumes, refine interview skills and learn how to connect with the developer community.   And their support does not end at graduation -- they will continue to advise and support you in your job search and serve as your advocate with local employers.  Best of all, at less than half the price of most coding bootcamps, this course is an AMAZING value.  The staff is truly commited to helping their students succeed and to building up the technical talent in the Treasure Valley.  This course was one of the best training experiences I have ever had and thanks to the incredible staff of professionals at BCW, I now have a job doing something I truly love!

• BoiseCodeWorks
    - 9/4/2018
    Weston Dockstader • Software Developer • Graduate

After I graduated from College with my B.S. in Computer Science I didn't know what I wanted to do or what to do next. Through a previous  CodeWorks graduate I found and signed up for the Immersive course. This course was incredible, you get to learn so much and are building projects thoughout the program. All the teachers and staff are extremely knowledgable and helpful they really make the program something special. Your really get to learn how an idea goes from paper to screen and your not just watching you are going the process and really learning what it takes. I cant really express how much CodeWorks helped me find my professional direction and how happy I am to be CodeWorks alumni I really learned a lot and I'm proud of it.

• Cameron Sharp • Software Engineer • Graduate

That is how the Immersive full stack development course at Boise Codeworks was described to me.
    There is a rush of information, but the staff at Boise Codeworks is with you every step of the way to ensure that you complete AND understand the course material.

You can expect plenty of hands on work to help you shake out where you are weak, but you can count plenty of support!
    In addition to how you are doing with your coursework, Boise Codeworks regularly checks in with the class to see how everyone feels they are progressing to they can adjust the coursework as needed.

They work very hard to keep the mood up beat and fun and the hackathons are a blast!
    It is hard work, and will require working after class, but if you work hard you will come out the other end of this course with all the skills you need to start work as a developer!

• Wolf • Software Engineer • Graduate

I would reccomend this course to anyone that wants to build full stack web applications within 12 weeks. I was a biologist that was getting too bored at my day job and started coding for fun. I got pretty good at writing functions, but took this course to be able to build full stack applications. Within the first few weeks, you are already building front-end apps. By the end of the course you have a portfolio of several impressive portfolio pieces because they have been built in accordance with industry best practices. You also will have experience in building apps in groups using agile scrum.

I was a student and then a TA at BCW. My advice from what I saw from students was to make sure that you love coding before you enter the course. If you have done FreeCodeCamp and used up the web's free resources to teach you to code, but you want to learn faster and be guided by teachers that are ensuring the best coding practices, this would be a great course for you. It's fast paced and a lot of fun.

The final week of the course is a career-development week. BCW hosts local tech professionals to give talks, lunch panels, and mock interviews. Some students even get hired from the mock interviews. If you take the coursework seriously and truly enjoy coding and are doing it in your free time because it is fun, then you'll have an easy time finding a job. I had a few offers in less than two weeks, most people find jobs within a few months.

If you have taught yourself to code for several months or longer and love it, then I'd reccomend this course. You'll get a lot out of it and have no problem finding a job.

• Amazing experience
    - 3/31/2017
    Jaime • Graduate

I was really scared about coming to Boise CodeWorks. The idea of bootcamps in general was very intimidating to me and the idea of quitting my job to take the giant leap towards a career change had me petrified.

I had been studying code on my own for about 6 or 7 months, but trying to find the time to devote to programming while working a full time job (and night shift, no less) was really difficult. I knew that my current field wasn't the right fit for me though, so I decided to take the plunge and try CodeWorks.

I can say that this has been an incredible experience and that CodeWorks has enabled me to completely change my life and follow my dreams. The instructors are really knowledgeable and able to spend extra time with you if you need it. They gave extra challenges based on skill level. Everyone was really nice too. They also have an extra week focused entirely on helping you find employment, and the daily code challenges were good practice for thinking on the spot for technical interviews.

I took the Immersive Full Stack course and being able to devote myself to coding full-time allowed me to truly flourish. I am so glad that I went to CodeWorks, and if you're thinking about it, I highly encourage you to go and at least talk to them! You won't regret it.

• Awesome school!
    - 9/7/2016
    Connor Lee • Graduate
    Loved the teachers loved the coursework. You can go far with the connections and knowledge you obtain here

BoiseCodeWorks Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at BoiseCodeWorks, 85% graduated. 100% of graduates were job-seeking and 76% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $47,500. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 88 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance