Austin Community College Continuing Education
Recent Austin Community College Continuing Education News
Recent Austin Community College Continuing Education Reviews: Rating 3.67
Web Software Developer Bootcamp
Austin Community College Continuing Education Reviews
3 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
ACC's continuing education program is a joke. I had been a former Student at ACC's credit program and never had any issues BUT then decided to try to Continuing Education program after I received my Certification in Software Testing from ACC. I graduated the program with a 3.75 GPA.
Be warned about Greg Hervey and the Dream Weaver class. This guy is a totaly SCAMMER. Unlike all the other professors this guy doesn't provide a syllabus or a breakdown for each project.
I took the Dream Weaver class, turned in all the projects and my websites looked really good. This guy FAILED me because he didin't like the way I wrapped my files in the path he wanted us to upload the final presentaton of all the websites completed. I did 4 COMPLETED websites and uploaded them but because they were not loaded in order he failed me.
This has NOTHING to do with the quality of my webistes which he even commented looked good.
I made a formal complaint with ACC against him and his business because AFTER he failed me he told me I could take the Dream Weaver class over through his personal business at a "discounted" rate...what a loser! Most unprofessional experience I have ever encountered. I complaint up to the Director of the Continuing Education Hector Aguilar and of course they all made excuses and nothing was done. He makes them money plain and simple. I hope in the future more people compain against this guy and he gets fired. He doesn't belong in education.
I also filed a formal complaint against his business with BBB and this goes on his record. Beware of this when you take he class. Marcela Nouzovska even made the comment the students don't like him because he's so anal. You better believe it. There's no room for a perfectionist and petty little man like Greg Hervey. He obviously shouldn't be teaching college students. He needs to find a different line of work.
I was looking for an opportunity to expand my knowledge of coding and took a chance on the ACC Software Development Bootcamp and i'm glad I did, it was a great decision! I've since moved on into a career as a Front End Developer using Node and React, but also have a strong understanding of back end technologies. Highly Recommend this for anyone looking for something similar!
Our latest on Austin Community College Continuing Education
Missed out on coding bootcamp news in April? Never fear, Course Report is here! We’ve collected everything in this handy blog post and podcast. This month, we read about why outcomes reporting is useful for students, how a number of schools are working to boost their diversity with scholarships, we heard about student experiences at bootcamp, plus we added a bunch of interesting new schools to the Course Report school directory! Read below or listen to our latest Coding Bootcamp News Roundup Podcast.Continue Reading →