Arkansas Coding Academy
Arkansas Coding Academy offers a 3-month bootcamp in Android Development in Conway, Arkansas. The program covers the building blocks of Java and Android OS. ACA wants to provide individuals with the skills and mentorship to succeed in the technology industry, and create a talent pipeline from classroom to workforce.
ACA will help students find jobs, and has a number of partnerships with various employers. ACA may also provide childcare and transportation expenses for eligible students.
The bootcamp is a collaborative effort between the University of Central Arkansas, the Conway Area Chamber of Commerce and other business partners.
Recent Arkansas Coding Academy Reviews: Rating 3.5
Recent Arkansas Coding Academy News
Arkansas Coding Academy Reviews
4 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
I appreciate the time I had at this bootcamp. In retrospect, I think I would have chosen a different route. For people who need a classroom experience, I still can't say this is best. At least not with the full-time instructor. Arkansas Coding Academy has PT and FT classes, with 2 separate instructors. I was in the FT class with a instructor who wasn't particular helfpul to all students. His teaching style wasn't the best, as he had no patience and wasn't very clear with explaining things when asked for clarification. Plainly put, he knew his stuff, he just didn't know how to teach. Therein lies the problem. I definintely think I taught myself more outside the classrom than in. ACA is still a fairly new program, and with the structure of the program you can tell things are still being worked on. It's a bit unfair to students who have to give up a lot to attend a FT class for 3 months. They try to help with job assistance but not much help can be offered. I say if you're having to pay your own money for this bootcamp, reconsider and think about free or low cost options online.
I really appreciate the organization and assistance that are provided during the 3-month course. The instructor and director work dilligently with us the whole time and continue to follow-up after completion to help with employment.
If you are looking for a career change, this field is a great one and the academy is a great gateway to gain skills and certification. The director also seems well-connected and deeply invested in ensuring employment for graduates.
This course is not easy, but with hard work and dedication, it is exactly what is advertised. The staff is very upfront and gives you the opportunity to have a say in the day to day with the coursework and pace. Louis was an awesome instructor and Mary & Anita were helpful whenever I needed anything. If you can put in 100% to this course you will get 100% out. I was able to get an entry level job as a developer and haven't looked back since.
Get a Udacity account or some other online code learning site. Don't spend your time or money on this course. It was very unorganized and about half of the people from our class are still not employed in a coding/software career even 6 months after graduation. You can learn just as much on your own online. I wish I knew this tidbit several months ago and had not spent my time in this class.