Washington University Boot Camps
Applicants do not need programming experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the program is part-time, Washington University Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change, advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.
Throughout the 24-week programs, students have access to career-planning services including resume and portfolio reviews, technical interview training, virtual tech panels, 1:1 coaching, and more. Those who complete the program will receive a non-credit Certificate of Completion from the Technology & Leadership Center at Washington University McKelvey School of Engineering. Students in the cybersecurity program will learn skills applicable to industry certifications.
Washington University Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.
Recent Washington University Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.0
Recent Washington University Boot Camps News
- Python, Linux, Penetration Testing, Mobile Security, Ethical Hacking, Cryptography, Network Security
In PersonPart Time10 Hours/week24 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $10,995 Class size 25 Location St. LouisAt Washington University Cybersecurity Boot Camp, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The boot camp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
Deposit N/A FinancingPayment plans available
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Prep Work Pre-work Placement Test No Interview Yes
In PersonPart Time10 Hours/week24 Weeks
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans Payment plans available
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Prep Work Pre-work Placement Test No Interview Yes
Washington University Boot Camps Reviews
6 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Worth the Effort!- 6/6/2019Jake K. • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics - Part-Time • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
This program is perfect if you need something part time and cannot make the commitment to a full time Boot Camp. It is fast paced and gives you a solid understanding of all the topics covered. Fair warning though, it demands dedication, but it is worth the effort. I gained so much knowledge throughout the program that I felt the confidence needed to take the leap and change careers. So regardless if you're looking to change careers or just gain new skills, I highly recommend this Boot Camp.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of Washington University Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamFriday, Jun 07 2019Way to go, Jake! Like you mentioned, this course does require extensive dedication, but it is well worth the effort. We're happy to hear you learned the fundamentals of web development and gained the confidence to make a significant career change. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We wish you continued success in all your coding endeavors.
- Take the leap- 5/30/2019Parker H • Data Analytics Consultant • Student • Course: Data Analytics - Part-Time • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
I enrolled in this course when I realized I had to make a bold move to change my career path. I was stuck in work that was terribly unfulfilling to me. Going back to school was probably at the bottom of my list in terms of things I wanted to do. But this course felt like an opportunity to escape a career I hated... and maybe even gain one I loved.
Turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life. Less than a year from having my initial phone call with the program, I had my certificate and a new job as a data analytics consultant. It came with a ton of effort and sacrifice for 6 months. Not just for me, but for my family. It's a daunting amount of work. It will take up the vast majority of your time for the duration of the course. But if you're serious about a career in data analytics, this course can absolutely help you get off to the right start.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of Washington University Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamFriday, May 31 2019Thank you for your review, Parker! We appreciate you choosing our program to make a significant career change and are happy to hear you found a path that you're passionate about. Like you noted, this course will require extensive commitment, but if you're serious, you can be successful. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best as you move forward!
- Recent Grad- 10/16/2019James Dodson • Senior IT Project Manager • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics - Part-Time • Campus: St. LouisSarah Campbell,When I saw your email I couldn't believe how hard my heart was pounding! When I saw your message "Congratulations! You did it!", I'm literally jumping for joy over here! This course was a wonderful experience for me, but most of all, you are the very right person for the job you have! Although the rules are important, the learning is the most important.Out of all the analytics courses I've taken l've learned the most from this one, hands down! I'm already using methods I've learned in bootcamp on the job right now. Doing things I would have never considered had it not been for this course.Wishing you much future success,James DodsonWashington Univeristy in St. Louis Data Analytics Bootcamp Graduate
Response From: Boot Camp Team of Washington University Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamThursday, Oct 17 2019Amazing, James! We're thrilled you had a positive student experience and successfully learned the fundamentals of data analytics. We also think Sarah is pretty fantastic! Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your review! All the best moving forward.
- Data Analytics Boot Camp- 7/15/2019Karthik • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics - Part-Time • Campus: St. Louis
The Course is Rigourous , Please be aware that it will not make you expert but get you a snese of familiarity! It is upto the individual to pursue on the subject of interest from a spectrum of courses learnt.
Help is always offered to those who seek it.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of Washington University Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamMonday, Jul 15 2019Thanks for your review, Karthik! As you've mentioned, this program is fast-paced and covers a variety of topics, so we commend your dedication. We're glad you feel supported on your journey and wish you the best going forward!
- Career Change? Looking for a New Skill Set?- 6/1/2019Brandon Fick • Graduate • Campus: St. Louis
If you're looking for a career in data analytics or simply expand your current skill set, I highly recommend this course. Within a month I was able to take things I had l just earned and use them in my current position.
Pros: Great instructors and TA's to support you every step of the way. This course does require a commitment of your time, however at no point did I feel I was alone. I would reach out to TA's and the instructor at all times of the day and received quick responses to my questions.
Cons: This course does require an additional 15-20 hours outside of class time each week. Most of it will be spent on weekly assignments. It's fast pace, getting behind makes it hard to catch up, but not impossible.
Overall impression: I learned a lot in short amount of time. If I had choice to do it over again, I would.
Note: There are many data analytic tools in the market and each job description I've come across requires knowledge of different set. With the skills I learned in the course, I've been able to learn new tools with a minimal bit of studying.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of Washington University Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamTuesday, Jun 04 2019Amazing, Brandon! We're thrilled you were able to apply what you learned during the boot camp in your current job role. It's great to hear you found our instructional team to be supportive and responsive. Like you mentioned, dedicating extensive time to studying outside of class will help you master the course material. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and thank you for your review! Best of luck in your future endeavors.
- DO NOT TAKE THIS COURSE!- 10/4/2019Anonymous • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics - Part-Time • Campus: St. Louis
WashU doesn't support this course at all. It is highly unorganized and unprofesssional. Save your money. There are much better courses out there for free or paid.
There are two problems with this course. First, WashU doesn't support or care about this course. It is in name only. They use it to get students who think they can brag about going here but the course is a joke. It has nothing to do with WashU. WashU doesn't support this program. We were kicked out of our classroom 4 times over a six month period for various reasons. WashU had no backup plan for where we should go. Two weeks before graduation they added an addition class and extended the program messing with everyone's schedule. Trillogy the company that actually runs this course shouldn't be partnering with WashU. Its an embarrassment.
The second problem is the Career Services. Again this is Trillogy not WashU and it is horrendous. The Career Service people don't help you with anything. They are spread so thin with students from all over the country in their other programs they have no intention of working directly with you. They will review your resume online and make a few suggestions but that is about it. There is no help in finding a job nor any expertise in your local area. You are better off working with a job placement firm or career conselor in your area.
I completely regret taking this course and wish I could get my money back. It was the biggest waste of $10K. This course is a boaderline scam.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of Washington University Boot CampsTitle: Community TeamWednesday, Oct 09 2019Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that your boot camp experience did not live up to your expectations. Like you noted, the Washington University in St. Louis McKelvey School of Engineering has partnered with Trilogy Education Services (TES) to offer the Washington University Data Analytics Boot Camp. To that end, Washington University is heavily involved in the curriculum, instructor selection, and outcomes of each of their boot camp cohorts, and routinely meet in conjunction with TES to monitor the learning experience and performance. We do our best to actively make this partnership clear through our website, admissions process, and class materials.
From your review, we understand that your cohort experienced some issues securing a permanent class location that resulted in scheduling changes. We are passionate about student success and are aware that these disruptions impacted your experience, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
While we do not secure direct employment for our students, our career services are built on the principle of empowerment and provide more than 75 hours of professional development, consisting of resume and portfolio reviews, virtual tech panels, technical interview training, and 1:1 coaching with a Career Director. We understand that you did take advantage of these resources, yet were unsatisfied.
We would love to speak to you personally to see how else we can reinforce your knowledge or support your employment search. Please feel free to give us a call directly at (314) 300-7708.