washington-university-boot-camps-logo

Washington University Boot Camps

St. Louis

Washington University Boot Camps

Washington University Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time Data Analytics, Cybersecurity and Coding programs. The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL and Git.

Applicants do not need programming experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the program is part-time, Washington University Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change, advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Throughout the 24-week programs, students have access to career-planning services including resume and portfolio reviews, technical interview training, virtual tech panels, 1:1 coaching and more. Those who complete the program will receive a non-credit Certificate of Completion from the Technology & Leadership Center at Washington University McKelvey School of Engineering. Students in the cybersecurity program will learn skills applicable to industry certifications.

Washington University Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent Washington University Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.4

all (10) reviews for Washington University Boot Camps →

Recent Washington University Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationSt. Louis
      Washington University Cybersecurity Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
      Payment plans available
    • Data Analytics - Part-Time

LocationSt. Louis
      This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
      Tuition PlansPayment plans available
    • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
      LocationSt. Louis
      Washington University Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops and mock interviews.
      Payment plans available
    • Daniel  User Photo
      Daniel • Soledad • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
        I loved the program, everything about it was great. The Instructor and TA staff always went out of there way to help students understand  the topics we were learning. I had previous experience with programming and this programs helped me connect some of those concepts that weren't making sense and improve my coding dramatically . I also experience first hand how many of my classmates just went from nothing to fulllstack developer in no time, and I can thank my instructor and the staff enough for all the effort they put to teach those who are in seek of a career change.
      Thursday, Apr 08 2021
      We appreciate your review, Daniel! It's great to hear you enjoyed the program and benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. We're truly passionate about enabling student success, so we're glad this resonated with you. Congratulations on completing the boot camp and best of luck in all your future endeavors!
    • Jake K.  User Photo
      Jake K. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

This program is perfect if you need something part time and cannot make the commitment to a full time Boot Camp. It is fast paced and gives you a solid understanding of all the topics covered. Fair warning though, it demands dedication, but it is worth the effort. I gained so much knowledge throughout the program that I felt the confidence needed to take the leap and change careers. So regardless if you're looking to change careers or just gain new skills, I highly recommend this Boot Camp.

Friday, Jun 07 2019
      Way to go, Jake! Like you mentioned, this course does require extensive dedication, but it is well worth the effort. We're happy to hear you learned the fundamentals of web development and gained the confidence to make a significant career change. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We wish you continued success in all your coding endeavors.
    • Take the leap
      - 5/30/2019
      Parker H  User Photo
      Parker H • Data Analytics Consultant • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I enrolled in this course when I realized I had to make a bold move to change my career path. I was stuck in work that was terribly unfulfilling to me. Going back to school was probably at the bottom of my list in terms of things I wanted to do. But this course felt like an opportunity to escape a career I hated... and maybe even gain one I loved.

Turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life. Less than a year from having my initial phone call with the program, I had my certificate and a new job as a data analytics consultant. It came with a ton of effort and sacrifice for 6 months. Not just for me, but for my family. It's a daunting amount of work. It will take up the vast majority of your time for the duration of the course. But if you're serious about a career in data analytics, this course can absolutely help you get off to the right start.

Friday, May 31 2019
      Thank you for your review, Parker! We appreciate you choosing our program to make a significant career change and are happy to hear you found a path that you're passionate about. Like you noted, this course will require extensive commitment, but if you're serious, you can be successful. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best as you move forward!
    • Logan Ponche • Managed SIEM Engineer • Graduate
      I have worked professionally in the IT industry for the past 5 years in non-technical, client facing roles. I chose this Cyber Security Bootcamp as I was tired of chasing signatures and status updates, and wanted to get my hands dirty with real technical problems. And oh boy, did this course deliver.

From week one through the final project, we were methodically exposed to increasingly complex industry concepts and tools, until we had gone from our first shell command to hacking and defending multiple virtual machines simultaneously- in just 6 months!

This course succeeds in being extremely lab driven. Individual VM's are distributed with each new unit, exposing students to a bevy of key industry tools and giving them ample time to wrestle with them all. Instructors, TA's and Student Success Managers are all readily available to support students with any struggles they may experience.  And while I have never been an exceptional student by any means, this course made me excited to learn every day.

While this course is not for the faint of heart (it is a Boot Camp after all), it has the potential to be a hugely rewarding experience for those willing to put in the work. After 6 months of hard work, my efforts were rewarded with a position as a Managed SIEM Engineer at an MDR security company!

If not for this Boot Camp, I would be in the same dead-end job that left me uninspired at the end of each day. Now, I am working with an amazing group of engineers learning every day in a fantastically exciting industry- making this one of the best investments I have ever made. I would absolutely recommend this course to anyone who is ready to take charge of their career.
      Thursday, Dec 10 2020
      Thanks, Logan! We appreciate you choosing our program to make a career change and receive real-world experience with technical problems. It's great to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from being exposed to complex industry concepts and tools. We couldn't be more thrilled to know the boot camp made you excited to learn every day. Like you mentioned, this is a challenging course, one that will require students to put in hard work, so we commend your diligent commitment to your studies. Congratulations on graduating and landing an exciting new role! We appreciate your recommendation and wish you all the best moving forward.
    • Einar Barrios
      A great investment, and a great experience. The materials, instructors and career support are one of the best I have seen. I would recommend this training to anyone who is looking for a new career path and want to take of running.
      Sunday, Jun 07 2020
      Way to go, Elnar! We're happy to hear you had a positive student experience and benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. Congratulations on successfully completing the course and thank you for your review! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
    • Recent Grad
      - 10/16/2019
      James Dodson • Senior IT Project Manager • Graduate
      Sarah Campbell,

When I saw your email I couldn't believe how hard my heart was pounding! When I saw your message "Congratulations!  You did it!",  I'm literally jumping for joy over here!   This course was a wonderful experience for me, but most of all, you are the very right person for the job you have!  Although the rules are important,  the learning is the most important.

Out of all the analytics courses I've taken l've learned the most from this one, hands down!  I'm already using methods I've learned in bootcamp on the job right now.  Doing things I would have never considered had it not been for this course.

Wishing you much future success,
      James Dodson
      Washington Univeristy in St. Louis Data Analytics Bootcamp Graduate

Thursday, Oct 17 2019
      Amazing, James! We're thrilled you had a positive student experience and successfully learned the fundamentals of data analytics. We also think Sarah is pretty fantastic! Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your review! All the best moving forward.
    • Karthik • Graduate

The Course is Rigourous , Please be aware that it will not make you expert but get you a snese of familiarity! It is upto the individual to pursue on the subject of interest from a spectrum of courses learnt.

Help is always offered to those who seek it.

Monday, Jul 15 2019
      Thanks for your review, Karthik! As you've mentioned, this program is fast-paced and covers a variety of topics, so we commend your dedication. We're glad you feel supported on your journey and wish you the best going forward!
    • Brandon Fick • Graduate

If you're looking for a career in data analytics or simply expand your current skill set, I highly recommend this course. Within a month I was able to take things I had l just earned and use them in my current position.

Pros: Great instructors and TA's to support you every step of the way. This course does require a commitment of your time, however at no point did I feel I was alone. I would reach out to TA's and the instructor at all times of the day and received quick responses to my questions.

Cons: This course does require an additional 15-20 hours outside of class time each week. Most of it will be spent on weekly assignments. It's fast pace, getting behind makes it hard to catch up, but not impossible.

Overall impression: I learned a lot in short amount of time. If I had choice to do it over again, I would.

Note: There are many data analytic tools in the market and each job description I've come across requires knowledge of different set. With the skills I learned in the course, I've been able to learn new tools with a minimal bit of studying.

Tuesday, Jun 04 2019
      Amazing, Brandon! We're thrilled you were able to apply what you learned during the boot camp in your current job role. It's great to hear you found our instructional team to be supportive and responsive. Like you mentioned, dedicating extensive time to studying outside of class will help you master the course material. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and thank you for your review! Best of luck in your future endeavors.
      This boot camp was one of the best decisions I've ever made! The most value I got out of it was the opportunity to learn such a difficult subject, but with help from the best TA's and instructors, you could ask for! The amount of patience they showed us throughout the course, provided me the confidence that I needed to succeed in the boot camp. I highly recommend to anyone who is a curious learner.
      Friday, Mar 05 2021
      We appreciate your review! We're thrilled you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team and found everyone to be encouraging. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and thank you for your recommendation! Best of luck in all that you do.

WashU doesn't support this course at all. It is highly unorganized and unprofesssional. Save your money. There are much better courses out there for free or paid.

There are two problems with this course. First, WashU doesn't support or care about this course. It is in name only. They use it to get students who think they can brag about going here but the course is a joke. It has nothing to do with WashU. WashU doesn't support this program. We were kicked out of our classroom 4 times over a six month period for various reasons. WashU had no backup plan for where we should go. Two weeks before graduation they added an addition class and extended the program messing with everyone's schedule. Trillogy the company that actually runs this course shouldn't be partnering with WashU. Its an embarrassment.

The second problem is the Career Services. Again this is Trillogy not WashU and it is horrendous. The Career Service people don't help you with anything. They are spread so thin with students from all over the country in their other programs they have no intention of working directly with you. They will review your resume online and make a few suggestions but that is about it. There is no help in finding a job nor any expertise in your local area. You are better off working with a job placement firm or career conselor in your area.

I completely regret taking this course and wish I could get my money back. It was the biggest waste of $10K. This course is a boaderline scam.

Wednesday, Oct 09 2019
      Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that your boot camp experience did not live up to your expectations. Like you noted, the Washington University in St. Louis McKelvey School of Engineering has partnered with Trilogy Education Services (TES) to offer the Washington University Data Analytics Boot Camp. To that end, Washington University is heavily involved in the curriculum, instructor selection, and outcomes of each of their boot camp cohorts, and routinely meet in conjunction with TES to monitor the learning experience and performance. We do our best to actively make this partnership clear through our website, admissions process, and class materials.

From your review, we understand that your cohort experienced some issues securing a permanent class location that resulted in scheduling changes. We are passionate about student success and are aware that these disruptions impacted your experience, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

While we do not secure direct employment for our students, our career services are built on the principle of empowerment and provide more than 75 hours of professional development, consisting of resume and portfolio reviews, virtual tech panels, technical interview training, and 1:1 coaching with a Career Director. We understand that you did take advantage of these resources, yet were unsatisfied.

We would love to speak to you personally to see how else we can reinforce your knowledge or support your employment search. Please feel free to give us a call directly at (314) 300-7708.