uvaro-logo

Uvaro

Uvaro

Uvaro is an online 12-week Tech Sales bootcamp. This bootcamp is designed to be completed part-time in 20 hours per week. Students who enroll in Uvaro's internship program dedicate 40 hours a week to the program. Uvaro bootcamp students learn common SaaS tools, Code, Cloud, and AI, SaaS sales terminology and metrics, prospecting and qualifying leads, the art of the pitch, negotiating and closing contracts, salesforce and CRM 101, social selling and relationships, and theories of sales. Bootcamp students will learn through online video discussions with instructors and classmates. Two hours of daily live instruction are supplemented with interesting offline assignments and practice sessions that can be completed on students’ own time.

Uvaro’s Tech Sales bootcamp is open to all applicants from any field or background. No prior sales or tech experience is required. Bootcamp students receive ongoing career coaching throughout the program’s duration. Career coaches work with students to identify long-term professional development opportunities. Uvaro does not require an upfront tuition payment. After students are hired into a tech sales role, time-limited capped monthly payments reimburse tuition fees. If students do not receive employment, there is no tuition fee.

Uvaro’s Tech Sales bootcamp is only available to those already eligible for full-time work in the U.S. or Canada. Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of either the U.S. or Canada to apply, or have a valid long-term multi-employer work permit.

Recent Uvaro Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (33) reviews for Uvaro →

Recent Uvaro News

• Tech Sales

Sales
      Uvaro is a 12-week Tech Sales bootcamp, conducted fully online. This bootcamp is designed to be completed part-time in 20 hours per week. Uvaro bootcamp students will learn about the sales cycle in tech from start to finish, including prospecting and qualifying leads, the art of the pitch, discovery, demos, AE fundamentals, negotiation and closing a deal, sales methodologies, common SaaS sales terminology and metrics, CRM 101, social selling and relationships, and theories of sales. Bootcamp students will learn through online video discussions with instructors and classmates. Two hours of daily live instruction are supplemented with interesting offline assignments and practice sessions that can be completed on students’ own time.
      Choose between 4 Equal Payments or Income Share Agreement
      Tuition Plans4 equal payments of $1,250 + tax or $0 up-front + 10% of base salary (or $250/month) for 2 years. You keep 100% of stock, bonuses, and commissions earned.
      Refund / GuaranteeIf students do not gain full-time employment, they will not be required to pay a tuition fee.
      ScholarshipPaid internship opportunities available to every student.
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prior sales or tech experience is required. Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of either the U.S. or Canada to apply, or have a valid long-term multi-employer work permit.
    • Dawood Abdulsalam  User Photo
      Dawood Abdulsalam • Business Development Representative • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I graduated from Uvaro about two weeks ago, this September. I think it is hard to really quantify to amount value Uvaro provides its Grads/Students.

My journey through this course was amazing, and I was constantly challenged to improve on my skills in preparation for the Tech Sales job market. I came into this course with just one thing in mind, which is to get a job in Tech Sales. Now that I am a Grad, I feel very well equipped to succeed in my new role as BDR.

I honestly do not know what else to say. But I'll say one thing:
      If you're looking to break into the Tech Sales industry, and you are serious about it. UVARO is your PLUG!
    • Ron Hudson  User Photo
      Ron Hudson • SDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I graduated from Uvaro 5 months ago. I got hired halfway through the course and love where I work. I am currently working at a well-established start-up that I targeted and decided I wanted to work for, early on.  I have been surpassing targets that have been set for me, and onboarding was much easier, knowing what to expect as a new hire, having just gone through Uvaro.
      Why I came to Uvaro:
      I needed a new career, as mine had been ruined by the pandemic. I had some sales experience from a decade prior but nothing in tech whatsoever. I knew very little about the B2B Saas landscape and had never worked remotely. I was unsure of if I could do it.

By end of week 3 in the course, I knew I was going to get hired and that I could successfully make the transition. One of the unique things is that you not only get sales training, an in depth understanding of the landscape of B2B Saas, you also get career coaching. How to interview, how to apply, and how to sell yourself.
      It was truly one of the best decisions I made, and though necessity was my motivating factor to give it a try, in retrospect it was the obvious, and best choice I could have made.

• Amitesh Sabharwal  User Photo
      Amitesh Sabharwal • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      As a recent alumni of this intensive sales boot camp, I can proudly say that Uvaro was my rocket ship as I shifted gears in the tech industry.

A one of its kind community that teaches different nuances of tech sales and how to adapt to this ever changing space- Uvaro’s hybrid model of communication and approach instills confidence and knowledge that is powered by amazing mentors and leaders. A networking pool so strong that your career will definitely speed in the right direction!

But more importantly, it also teaches you about failure and how to overcome it! It teaches you that every personality and experience is unique and how you should own it to truly make an impact in this industry. The journey ahead may not be easy but Uvaro has your back during every career speed bump you face; their door is always open.

So if you are looking to pivot and elevate your skillset in the tech industry, Uvaro is the best place to begin!
    • Life changing
      - 4/13/2021
      Joe Minnow  User Photo
      Joe Minnow • Account Executive • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Uvaro was literally the thing that changed my life. Pivoting careers during this pandemic was one of the hardest things I have ever done and Uvaro made it realistic and enjoyable. The instructors are knowledgeable and relatable which makes learning fun and engaging. The course curriculum is relevant and paced appropriately. The career help is helping real people get real jobs and that is the goal for every graduate.

I would highly recommend this program for anyone looking to break into tech or further their career in tech, This program just gets it and understands the industry and the experience we as students go through.
      Response From: Joseph Fung of Uvaro
      Title: CEO
      Monday, Jun 07 2021
      Wow, what a review Joe - thank you!

I hear the challenge in your words - this was a tough year (and more!) for so many people - thank you for trusting us with a part of your journey and for sharing your experience with everyone.

And, of course, congrats on all that you've accomplished!
    • Ukot Umezinne  User Photo
      Ukot Umezinne • Relationship Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Uvaro is a gift that keeps on giving. The learning experience is incredible, and the community is the icing on the cake. I couldn't have asked for a better platform to launch my career into tech sales.
    • Kevin Cheung  User Photo
      Kevin Cheung • SDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       Uvaro doesn't just give you the tools to become a successful SDR, BDR, AE. They give you the tools to be successful, no matter what career path you choose.

The reason why I rave about program Uvaro offers is that what they offer is much beyond that. They push you to step out of your comfort zone, push you to get out of your shell and showcase the fantastic individual that you didn't even know you could be.

I have never regretted for one day that I chose Uvaro instead of SV academy or Flockjay because of the way they approach the class and maneuver through the course curriculum.

I have always been afraid of commitment because I was worried that the choice that I made would be a waste of time. But I have never worried about that decision with Uvaro. You become a part of this community that encourages you to excel in life, to essentially put your A game no matter what you decide to do.

So I wanted to thank everyone in the Uvaro program for everything that they have done for me. They made me into an individual that will not make an excuse for why they failed, but someone that will put their 100% effort into making sure they try their best to make sure they won't.
    • Duncan Plaunt  User Photo
      Duncan Plaunt • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Uvaro was a hugely positive experience for me. The tech sales curriculum is rigorous but varied. There was a welcome mix of direct instruction, job search coaching, small group practice in breakaway rooms, guest speakers, individual assignments, a fun group project, and an epic final demo competition. The teaching was excellent, and our instructor was razor-sharp with consistently spot-on and enlightening answers, as well as being impressively supportive of each individual in our class. That positive support "from the top" - which was particularly respectful and thoughtful - became the standard that my fellow classmates began to follow when interacting with each other. Over time, we became genuinely invested in each other's success and our class group became a core network from which we built out, eventually connecting with other Uvaro students and grads, outside speakers, and then to individuals at companies that interested us. We remain connected to our fellow grads and the wider Uvaro network through Slack. This network - and on a great platform like Slack - is an incredible ongoing "living resource" for all of us.

It's hard to explain in a short review just how impressive, dedicated, approachable, and clever the Uvaro team is. Their payment model (option of paying fees over 2 years) shows a company that is confident it can train those students who are looking for work to an -employable level-. It's also just a very fair-to-the-student way of paying for education, one that I wish had been in place when I went to university. The job-search part of the course is baked in from week 1 and students are encouraged to start networking and looking for jobs early on. This resulted in an entire class of job seekers constantly sharing experiences and new ideas. It was a "tech sales employment hivemind" spurred on and coached by the experienced Uvaro staff.

The Uvaro CEO dropped in on one of our student-led zoom social events. That meant a lot to us. Company leaders are as down-to-earth as they are accomplished.

If you're interested in a tech sales bootcamp, I recommend giving Uvaro serious consideration.

• Vivek Kava  User Photo
      Vivek Kava • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       - Team: The ENTIRE team is experienced, knowledgeable, and aligned to Uvaro's mission!
      - Network: The real-world exposure to alumni, guest speakers, and organizations is very motivating for students to go out of their comfort zone and build their connections.
      - Balance: Every aspect of theory and practical application has been covered very effectively - the feeling when you can apply what you've learned is outstanding.
      - Support: I see the value, promptness, and support from every Uvaro team member. I've got insightful responses from whomever I've reached out to in the team. Moreover, the support extends after graduation as well (eg. course content, career advice, and more).

If Uvaro is giving x, give your 100x for the best results. As I mentioned in the title - it does not train you, it induces a mindset.
    • Angie McCarthy  User Photo
      Angie McCarthy • BDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I started Uvaro as a recently-hired BDR for a technical SaaS. I entered the bootcamp completely green to sales in general, so I felt like anything I learned would be useful in becoming more successful in my new(ish) role. I certainly did not expect such incredibly valuable lessons taught by remarkably passionate and compassionate instructors. The techniques and methodologies that we went over and practiced during class, I was also able to immediately apply in my day sales job. Throughout the course I continued to see positive, quantifiable results and am confident to continue to apply what I've learned day-to-day. This was an especially positive and enlightening experience.
    • Soheil  User Photo
      Soheil • BDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      12 weeks went by in a blast and I believe I was able to flourish in different fields (cold calling, objection handling, email, demo, etc.) in such a short amount of time. I was one of the few who actually landed a role prior to the end of the course using what I had learned in sales and job interview techniques. The instructor and career coach are top notch and are always available (even after the course ends) to help you pass any barriers. Signing up for this accelerator was one of the best decisions I made.
    • Joseph Long  User Photo
      Joseph Long • SDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      And yet, 12 weeks later, I'm leaving thinking I can sell anything to anyone. From top to bottom the organization is full of tremendous people, looking to help you grow from the ground up.
      As I stated in the title, when I entered this class, I considered myself anything but a salesman. I didn't have an interest in it, and I didn't understand the environment. But now I know the sales process, and I find myself getting excited to learn something new about the process.
      The instructors are both amazing in their own right. Each brings something different, and yet needed, to the table when they're teaching.
      The CEO has an open door policy that I really appreciate. It's nice to know that even a busy CEO is willing to take time out of his day and speak with you, if needed.
      All the people behind the scenes do a fantastic job of keeping everything running smoothly, and I enjoyed all of my interactions with them.
      That's not even mentioning the guest speakers, enterprise AE's, VP's, and other professionals currently working in the market that come in and talk about their experiences, and offering tips and strategies to keep you growing.
      They tell you at the start of the class, you're going to get out of this what you put into it. I can attest to that, and I look forward to continuing to be a member of the Uvaro network, even though my class period is finished.
      I cannot say enough about everyone in this organization. It was an extremely positive influence in my life, and if you're looking to be the best sales person you can be, this is he place for you to learn.
    • SDR
      - 10/8/2020
      Ezra  User Photo
      Ezra • SDR • Verified via LinkedIn
      Uvaro landed me an incredible full-time role in tech sales.  I’ve been in the same industry for 20 years, and here’s how they helped me pivot-

1. They showed me why tech sales was accessible and lucrative.   I thought I could only break into tech after a couple of months if I endured my nightmare of learning to code 12 hours/day.
      2. It’s all you can learn, everyday, in real-life situations.  After two hours of class, I tested and practiced what I learned for another 8 hours a day (even though assignments could probably be completed in 90 minutes).  Both of Uvaro’s instructors are compelling and inspiring which makes you want to implement and master everything they’re teaching.  Weekly SPIFFS help too!
      3. Uvaro’s paid internship program gave me an opportunity to experience the rollercoaster ups and downs of a seed round startup. Uvaro, themselves trained me on-site while providing my tech stack + subscriptions, since early stage startups won’t always have sales managers and a promising tech stack. About six weeks later, I was offered a full time role as their first sales hire!
      4. During the internship period, I received warm intros for job interviews every week.  I wasn’t searching and applying for jobs at all. The Uvaro ecosystem and their career services staff just kept feeding me opportunities.  These interviews helped me to pinpoint the type of tech company I wanted to work at.
      5. My job offer included equity which was all new and confusing to me. My school’s CEO took time to chat with me for half an hour and I knew exactly where I wanted to go with my salary negotiations.
      6. I’m still in community with all my teachers, alumni, new recruits in Slack. Uvaro continues to provide opportunities to connect with industry leaders through sales leadership webinars, coffee sessions, and happy hours.