uvaro-logo

Uvaro

Uvaro

Uvaro is an online 12-week Tech Sales bootcamp. This bootcamp is designed to be completed part-time in 20 hours per week. Students who enroll in Uvaro's internship program dedicate 40 hours a week to the program. Uvaro bootcamp students learn common SaaS tools, Code, Cloud, and AI, SaaS sales terminology and metrics, prospecting and qualifying leads, the art of the pitch, negotiating and closing contracts, salesforce and CRM 101, social selling and relationships, and theories of sales. Bootcamp students will learn through online video discussions with instructors and classmates. Two hours of daily live instruction are supplemented with interesting offline assignments and practice sessions that can be completed on students’ own time.

Uvaro’s Tech Sales bootcamp is open to all applicants from any field or background. No prior sales or tech experience is required. Bootcamp students receive ongoing career coaching throughout the program’s duration. Career coaches work with students to identify long-term professional development opportunities. Uvaro does not require an upfront tuition payment. After students are hired into a tech sales role, time-limited capped monthly payments reimburse tuition fees. If students do not receive employment, there is no tuition fee.

Uvaro’s Tech Sales bootcamp is only available to those already eligible for full-time work in the U.S. or Canada. Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of either the U.S. or Canada to apply, or have a valid long-term multi-employer work permit.

Recent Uvaro Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (37) reviews for Uvaro →

Recent Uvaro News

• Tech Sales

Sales
      Uvaro is a 12-week Tech Sales bootcamp, conducted fully online. This bootcamp is designed to be completed part-time in 20 hours per week. Uvaro bootcamp students will learn about the sales cycle in tech from start to finish, including prospecting and qualifying leads, the art of the pitch, discovery, demos, AE fundamentals, negotiation and closing a deal, sales methodologies, common SaaS sales terminology and metrics, CRM 101, social selling and relationships, and theories of sales. Bootcamp students will learn through online video discussions with instructors and classmates. Two hours of daily live instruction are supplemented with interesting offline assignments and practice sessions that can be completed on students’ own time.
      Choose between 4 Equal Payments or Income Share Agreement
      Tuition Plans4 equal payments of $1,250 + tax or $0 up-front + 10% of base salary (or $250/month) for 2 years. You keep 100% of stock, bonuses, and commissions earned.
      Refund / GuaranteeIf students do not gain full-time employment, they will not be required to pay a tuition fee.
      ScholarshipPaid internship opportunities available to every student.
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prior sales or tech experience is required. Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of either the U.S. or Canada to apply, or have a valid long-term multi-employer work permit.
    • Rory Newman  User Photo
      Rory Newman • Sales Resident/SaaS founder • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      This program was extraordinarily enlightening. It brought about ideas I rarely had the time to have thoughts about and introduced me to people that I helped me to develop my people skills. Plus - I was placed in a Sales Residency that’s going to help me with the SaaS product that I developed. It’s win-win situation and everyone loves those! Kudos to Joseph Fung the founder and CEO for bringing this all together. He approaches all interactions with love and consideration so I’m sure you can deduce how the rest of the community operates.
    • SDR Graduate
      - 10/1/2021
      Nicholas opara  User Photo
      Nicholas opara • SDR Graduate • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I felt it was going to be a waste of time, I felt I was going to struggle getting a job, I felt I won't be able to discover the true sales man in me.... I WAS BLATANTLY WRONG....

I'm not writing this because I want UVARO to get some good reviews or increase their customer success stories by 1, rather, I'm writing this simply because THIS IS MY STORY and I'm here to tell it to the fullest.

From the front line staff (Rizal), to the instructors (Greg byod, Alyx parks and other guest speakers) and to the Joseph Fung( co- founder). This is a close community of people that identified a problem and are capable of solving it.

This course didn't just land me job in my 7th week of enrollment but it helped me identify who I am in the process and helped me brand myself for easy selling to potential employers.

This is surely the beginning of a great chapter in my life and I would not re-write any of it because Uvaro simply gave me the platform to make my dream a reality.

If you looking for a happy, educative, engaging, supportive & impactful environment to pivot into sales, you simply would be disadvantaged if you don't choose Uvaro.

I simply won't miss them because after graduation I still have access to the them and the community in general, so I would surely consult with them as I transition into my new role, because Uvaro always gat my back.

Thanks Greg, Alyx, Rizal and my fellow #teammicdrop class mates. Sure was a hell of a ride.

#teammicdrop.

• Dawood Abdulsalam  User Photo
      Dawood Abdulsalam • Business Development Representative • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I graduated from Uvaro about two weeks ago, this September. I think it is hard to really quantify to amount value Uvaro provides its Grads/Students.

My journey through this course was amazing, and I was constantly challenged to improve on my skills in preparation for the Tech Sales job market. I came into this course with just one thing in mind, which is to get a job in Tech Sales. Now that I am a Grad, I feel very well equipped to succeed in my new role as BDR.

I honestly do not know what else to say. But I'll say one thing:
      If you're looking to break into the Tech Sales industry, and you are serious about it. UVARO is your PLUG!
    • Ron Hudson  User Photo
      Ron Hudson • SDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I graduated from Uvaro 5 months ago. I got hired halfway through the course and love where I work. I am currently working at a well-established start-up that I targeted and decided I wanted to work for, early on.  I have been surpassing targets that have been set for me, and onboarding was much easier, knowing what to expect as a new hire, having just gone through Uvaro.
      Why I came to Uvaro:
      I needed a new career, as mine had been ruined by the pandemic. I had some sales experience from a decade prior but nothing in tech whatsoever. I knew very little about the B2B Saas landscape and had never worked remotely. I was unsure of if I could do it.

By end of week 3 in the course, I knew I was going to get hired and that I could successfully make the transition. One of the unique things is that you not only get sales training, an in depth understanding of the landscape of B2B Saas, you also get career coaching. How to interview, how to apply, and how to sell yourself.
      It was truly one of the best decisions I made, and though necessity was my motivating factor to give it a try, in retrospect it was the obvious, and best choice I could have made.

• Amitesh Sabharwal  User Photo
      Amitesh Sabharwal • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      As a recent alumni of this intensive sales boot camp, I can proudly say that Uvaro was my rocket ship as I shifted gears in the tech industry.

A one of its kind community that teaches different nuances of tech sales and how to adapt to this ever changing space- Uvaro’s hybrid model of communication and approach instills confidence and knowledge that is powered by amazing mentors and leaders. A networking pool so strong that your career will definitely speed in the right direction!

But more importantly, it also teaches you about failure and how to overcome it! It teaches you that every personality and experience is unique and how you should own it to truly make an impact in this industry. The journey ahead may not be easy but Uvaro has your back during every career speed bump you face; their door is always open.

So if you are looking to pivot and elevate your skillset in the tech industry, Uvaro is the best place to begin!
    • Life changing
      - 4/13/2021
      Joe Minnow  User Photo
      Joe Minnow • Account Executive • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Uvaro was literally the thing that changed my life. Pivoting careers during this pandemic was one of the hardest things I have ever done and Uvaro made it realistic and enjoyable. The instructors are knowledgeable and relatable which makes learning fun and engaging. The course curriculum is relevant and paced appropriately. The career help is helping real people get real jobs and that is the goal for every graduate.

I would highly recommend this program for anyone looking to break into tech or further their career in tech, This program just gets it and understands the industry and the experience we as students go through.
      Response From: Joseph Fung of Uvaro
      Title: CEO
      Monday, Jun 07 2021
      Wow, what a review Joe - thank you!

I hear the challenge in your words - this was a tough year (and more!) for so many people - thank you for trusting us with a part of your journey and for sharing your experience with everyone.

And, of course, congrats on all that you've accomplished!
    • Ukot Umezinne  User Photo
      Ukot Umezinne • Relationship Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Uvaro is a gift that keeps on giving. The learning experience is incredible, and the community is the icing on the cake. I couldn't have asked for a better platform to launch my career into tech sales.
    • Kevin Cheung  User Photo
      Kevin Cheung • SDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       Uvaro doesn't just give you the tools to become a successful SDR, BDR, AE. They give you the tools to be successful, no matter what career path you choose.

The reason why I rave about program Uvaro offers is that what they offer is much beyond that. They push you to step out of your comfort zone, push you to get out of your shell and showcase the fantastic individual that you didn't even know you could be.

I have never regretted for one day that I chose Uvaro instead of SV academy or Flockjay because of the way they approach the class and maneuver through the course curriculum.

I have always been afraid of commitment because I was worried that the choice that I made would be a waste of time. But I have never worried about that decision with Uvaro. You become a part of this community that encourages you to excel in life, to essentially put your A game no matter what you decide to do.

So I wanted to thank everyone in the Uvaro program for everything that they have done for me. They made me into an individual that will not make an excuse for why they failed, but someone that will put their 100% effort into making sure they try their best to make sure they won't.
    • Duncan Plaunt  User Photo
      Duncan Plaunt • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Uvaro was a hugely positive experience for me. The tech sales curriculum is rigorous but varied. There was a welcome mix of direct instruction, job search coaching, small group practice in breakaway rooms, guest speakers, individual assignments, a fun group project, and an epic final demo competition. The teaching was excellent, and our instructor was razor-sharp with consistently spot-on and enlightening answers, as well as being impressively supportive of each individual in our class. That positive support "from the top" - which was particularly respectful and thoughtful - became the standard that my fellow classmates began to follow when interacting with each other. Over time, we became genuinely invested in each other's success and our class group became a core network from which we built out, eventually connecting with other Uvaro students and grads, outside speakers, and then to individuals at companies that interested us. We remain connected to our fellow grads and the wider Uvaro network through Slack. This network - and on a great platform like Slack - is an incredible ongoing "living resource" for all of us.

It's hard to explain in a short review just how impressive, dedicated, approachable, and clever the Uvaro team is. Their payment model (option of paying fees over 2 years) shows a company that is confident it can train those students who are looking for work to an -employable level-. It's also just a very fair-to-the-student way of paying for education, one that I wish had been in place when I went to university. The job-search part of the course is baked in from week 1 and students are encouraged to start networking and looking for jobs early on. This resulted in an entire class of job seekers constantly sharing experiences and new ideas. It was a "tech sales employment hivemind" spurred on and coached by the experienced Uvaro staff.

The Uvaro CEO dropped in on one of our student-led zoom social events. That meant a lot to us. Company leaders are as down-to-earth as they are accomplished.

If you're interested in a tech sales bootcamp, I recommend giving Uvaro serious consideration.

• Vivek Kava  User Photo
      Vivek Kava • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       - Team: The ENTIRE team is experienced, knowledgeable, and aligned to Uvaro's mission!
      - Network: The real-world exposure to alumni, guest speakers, and organizations is very motivating for students to go out of their comfort zone and build their connections.
      - Balance: Every aspect of theory and practical application has been covered very effectively - the feeling when you can apply what you've learned is outstanding.
      - Support: I see the value, promptness, and support from every Uvaro team member. I've got insightful responses from whomever I've reached out to in the team. Moreover, the support extends after graduation as well (eg. course content, career advice, and more).

If Uvaro is giving x, give your 100x for the best results. As I mentioned in the title - it does not train you, it induces a mindset.
    • Angie McCarthy  User Photo
      Angie McCarthy • BDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I started Uvaro as a recently-hired BDR for a technical SaaS. I entered the bootcamp completely green to sales in general, so I felt like anything I learned would be useful in becoming more successful in my new(ish) role. I certainly did not expect such incredibly valuable lessons taught by remarkably passionate and compassionate instructors. The techniques and methodologies that we went over and practiced during class, I was also able to immediately apply in my day sales job. Throughout the course I continued to see positive, quantifiable results and am confident to continue to apply what I've learned day-to-day. This was an especially positive and enlightening experience.
    • Soheil  User Photo
      Soheil • BDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      12 weeks went by in a blast and I believe I was able to flourish in different fields (cold calling, objection handling, email, demo, etc.) in such a short amount of time. I was one of the few who actually landed a role prior to the end of the course using what I had learned in sales and job interview techniques. The instructor and career coach are top notch and are always available (even after the course ends) to help you pass any barriers. Signing up for this accelerator was one of the best decisions I made.