uvaro-logo

Uvaro

Uvaro

Uvaro is a community-based educational program that offers online career success programming with a focus on tech sales. Uvaro offers part-time and full-time courses that range from 4 to 12 weeks, a large variety of workshops that are 1 to 2 hours in length, plus free on-demand video programming. Members who enroll in Uvaro's paid residency dedicate 40 hours a week to the program. Uvaro bootcamp students learn common SaaS tools, Code, Cloud, and AI, SaaS sales terminology and metrics, prospecting and qualifying leads, the art of the pitch, negotiating and closing contracts, salesforce and CRM 101, social selling and relationships, and theories of sales. Course participants will learn through online video and text-based discussions with instructors and classmates in a cohort system. For those enrolled in either the full-time or part-time programs, live instruction is supplemented with interesting offline assignments and practice sessions that can be completed on a student’s own time.

Uvaro’s career success programming is open to all applicants from any field or background. No prior sales or tech experience is required.

Members have access to continuous career coaching before, during, and after taking specific courses. Career coaches work with students to identify long-term professional development opportunities. Uvaro charges a monthly fee for service, but provides deferred subscription agreements for members whose incomes do not meet a minimum threshold, and has a variety of scholarship partners who can arrange to waive fees completely.

Recent Uvaro Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (50) reviews for Uvaro →

Recent Uvaro News

• Customer Success Management

Sales
      This course will help you understand the unique and evolving role of Customer Success Manager and prepare you to take your place as a Customer Success professional. You will learn how to apply the specific communication, instructional, organizational, and mediating skills required to succeed - and will practice techniques needed to mentor, support, and grow the success of both your customers and your organization.
      Tuition Plans$250/month for 24 months
      ScholarshipPast funding opportunities include tuition waivers for Women and Women of Color, and a technology grant for low-income learners. Talk to admissions about current offers.
    • Sales Leadership Foundations

Sales
      This course will help you learn the skills, processes, behaviors, and theories you’ll need to land your first role as a Sales Leader. You will learn how to effectively coach and mentor a team, how to use metrics to create and evaluate your sales strategies, and will be introduced to higher level management skills like recruitment, retention, performance evaluation, and team optimization.
      Tuition Plans$250/month for 24 months
      ScholarshipPaid sales residencies are available to help you get additional practice. Past funding opportunities include tuition waivers for Women and Women of Color, and a technology grant for low-income learners. Talk to admissions about current offers.
    • Tech Sales: 12 Weeks

Start Date August 29, 2022
      Learn sales skills and critical tech knowledge for selling business-to-business software-as-a-service from the comfort of your home. Class times consisting of daily live instruction are supplemented with interesting offline assignments and practice sessions to complete on your own time. Uvaro offers flexible payment options with no upfront fees. This course lasts 12 weeks and requires a commitment of about 15–20 hours per week. Become a Uvaro member and get connected to industry leaders and seasoned tech sales professionals. Get mentorship and access new opportunities in a supportive environment. During and after your coursework, Uvaro career coaches will help you navigate the job market, identify the best roles for you, and help you land a job you love with fantastic pay. You could earn $80,000/year or more! Course topics include the sales cycle in tech from start to finish, prospecting and qualifying leads, the art of the pitch, discovery, demos, AE fundamentals, negotiation and closing a deal, sales methodologies, common SaaS sales terminology and metrics, CRM 101, social selling and relationships, and theories of sales.
      Tuition Plans$250/month for 2 years
      August 29, 2022 - Online Apply by August 21, 2022
      November 14, 2022 - Online Apply by November 06, 2022
    • Tech Sales: 4 Weeks

Start Date September 12, 2022
      Learn sales skills and critical tech knowledge for selling business-to-business software-as-a-service from the comfort of your home. Class times consisting of daily live instruction are supplemented with interesting offline assignments and practice sessions to complete on your own time. Uvaro offers flexible payment options with no upfront fees. This course lasts 4 weeks and requires a commitment of about 15–25 hours per week. Become a Uvaro member and get connected to industry leaders and seasoned tech sales professionals. Get mentorship and access new opportunities in a supportive environment. During and after your coursework, Uvaro career coaches will help you navigate the job market, identify the best roles for you, and help you land a job you love with fantastic pay. You could earn $80,000/year or more! Course topics include the sales cycle in tech from start to finish, prospecting and qualifying leads, the art of the pitch, discovery, demos, AE fundamentals, negotiation and closing a deal, sales methodologies, common SaaS sales terminology and metrics, CRM 101, social selling and relationships, and theories of sales.
      Tuition Plans$250/month for 2 years
      September 12, 2022 - Online Apply by September 04, 2022
      September 26, 2022 - Online Apply by September 18, 2022
      October 03, 2022 - Online Apply by September 25, 2022
      October 24, 2022 - Online Apply by October 16, 2022
      November 28, 2022 - Online Apply by November 20, 2022
    • Merari Franco  User Photo
      Merari Franco • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I came into this course with no tech sales experience, I can now say that I am ready for this long term career, wonderful career coaches that gave me a lot of insight and guidance, wonderful professors that shared so much knowledge and now I am confident to say I know what to do in this career. It’s a very flexible course and you learn a lot! Definitely recommend, I am hoping to take another course here at Uvaro!
    • Tech Sales
      - 8/20/2022
      Rayana Cunningham   User Photo
      Rayana Cunningham • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Great instructors, and overall great curriculum. The entire experience is well worth it!
    • 4 Week Bootcamp
      - 6/10/2022
      Karl Dela Cruz  User Photo
      Karl Dela Cruz • Customer Support Agent • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      110% WORTH THE INVESTMENT!

If you're completely new to sales or B2B SaaS and are looking to transition into this industry, this is the program for you! This boot camp is also a great resource for people that have experience in sales or B2C and want to delve into tech sales for their career.

In this program, they teach you all things B2B SaaS. The course curriculum covers everything you need to succeed in the industry such as personal branding, excelling at interviews, B2B SaaS prospecting strategies, tech sales industry acumen, and the sales cycle. Whether you're in the 4-week or 12-week program, you will definitely have your foundation set after you graduate!

As for the mentors, they are servant leaders to a fault! They are there to help you succeed and exceed in the industry. You have access to all the teachers within Uvaro and not just your class-specific mentor. Don't be afraid to reach out to them; they are willing to give you any advice or insight that you need. S/O to James Howell! If you get him as your mentor, you're in good hands.

Everyone in your cohort is in the same situation as you. You're all transitioning from whatever industry you're currently in and looking to break into tech sales. The culture within my group was so progressive and positive. Even the students that actually had sales experience were very motivated and did not put others down with no experience; such as myself. Your peers want you to win and you want them to win as well.

As someone who has no sales or B2B Saas experience, my life has transformed so much in 1 month compared to what I've been doing for the past 3 years as a receptionist. I never expected to land so many interviews with my current resume and experience. However, through the program, I've updated my resume, built and personalized my Linkedin profile, and polished my interview skills. At the start of 2022, I wanted to switch careers. The problem: I didn't land a single one. Through Uvaro: 15+ interviews throughout my tenure within the 4-week program.

Uvaro and the team go beyond the tech sales teachings. They help discover your true self and worth. As of the writing of this review, I still haven't landed a sales role. However, I did land a customer support role with an IT company in the healthcare industry. Of course, my original path was sales. However, there is more to B2B SaaS than just sales. Customer success is a path that has opened up for me. I can't wait to build my experience in this industry and grow.

Through Uvaro, my vision has never been clearer! I went from being lost in life career-wise to an action taker pursuing a new industry in 1 month. Never stop learning and educating yourself. Don't give up and believe that you are capable of so much more!
    • BDR
      - 5/1/2022
      Colin  User Photo
      Colin • BDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I had been in the hospitality industry for most of my life, and always wanted to get into sales, specifically tech sales, but never knew how and where to do the switch. Finally, I came across Uvaro from a friend in Toronto who had mentioned it to me. What an incredible course! I came with the goal to get into the paid residency program, which I was fortunate enough to do so in week 3 of my 12-week program. This accelerated my learning as I was involved in outbound prospecting in a FT roll within a SaaS company Monday to Friday while still completing the 12-week course. I cannot thank my instructors enough; Raj, Alyx, Vivek & Greg as well as my residency managers Zack, Spencer and Lilia, for answering the 1000's of questions that I blow their Slack up with every day 😂  I've come to find out I actually enjoy cold calling after enough practice and coaching!... On the final day of class, I got on a call with my boss the same day and he offered me a FT roll once my residency contract is finished. I am so grateful to be apart of such a humbling group of instructors, classmates & guest speakers that are willing to guide and teach me the way into SaaS sales. I finally have found the right direction in my life 🙏  - Colin
      Response From: Spencer Blake of Uvaro
      Title: Manager, Employer Programs
      Friday, May 20 2022
      Colin, we are so grateful for this kind review!

While you’ve given plenty of credit to Uvaro and our team, we hope you understand that the success you’ve seen from the course, your Residency placement, and the full-time role you’ve secured is very much thanks to your own hard work, determination and, yes, the thousands of questions.

When we have someone who’s both eager to learn and to apply said learning, success almost always follows. We’re looking forward to following your career and seeing just how high you can fly.

- Spencer
    • Dean Whaley  User Photo
      Dean Whaley • Account Executive • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I'm qualified as an experienced, Sr. Account Executive with 15+ years of documented success in sales.
      However, prior to UVARO, I would never have entertained, much less applied for a role(s) like this.  Full Cycle Sales/Customer Success for a Fast growth-MedTech, start-up, voted "a best company to work for".  The opportunity is exciting, and I'm honored to have passed though the process. The interview process had 3 interviews, skills assessment and behavioral assessment. I am grateful I had the training to make it through.
      L...... was phenomenal in working with me, interviewing me, and just being herself. L......  is a Guest Lecturer at Uvaro. Outside of Uvaro L...... is VP of Customer Success for a Tech Company. INCREDIBLE! L......, along with Greg, inspired me to stretch into an area I wasn't aware existed prior to Uvaro. Greg, on his own accord, also connected me with the Director of Customer Success for a large Global Tech company.  The Director has no working affiliation with Uvaro, they simply connected with me as good will for a peer.  The Director's time and guidance was off the charts! I’m still processing the info they shared. The two examples here, do not compare to the team at Uvaro.  From enrollment to the instructor, even a career coach and customer success to ensure I received value. If you're lucky, you might even get the CEO of Uvaro conducting a class or 2.  My class did!
      I appreciated the inspiration, motivation and the Tech training Uvaro provided this 'seasoned' sales person to pivot in my career.
    • B2B SaaS Tech Sales
      - 11/27/2021
      Avraam Neaga  User Photo
      Avraam Neaga • Admissions Consultant • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      So my name is Avraam Neaga and I started at Uvaro on September 20, 2021. Joining Uvaro was the best decision I ever made. I was previously a garbage truck driver for the city of Toronto where I did not see a true future due to the fact the my wages were capped and I was forced to live in the expensive city for work. My biggest concern about entering this school was whether or not I would be able to find a job. I didn't know anything about the tech industry and certainly nothing about sales. But I took the plunge and enrolled. I think it was three weeks in when I realized how amazing an opportunity this was. The subject matter was incredible. They really teach the specifics about selling software in a business to business context. I thought you just had to be charming, but there is a lot of research that goes into solving another company's problems with your product. Alongside the material was career coaching. I was taught the power of LinkedIn and personal branding. I was taught how to interview, and that your past experience no matter what it is, is so important when selling in tech. DIVERSITY IS KEY! Don't ever think that your past is the reason you cannot pursue a career in tech, the reality is quite the opposite. So, on week 6 day five of the program I got my first interview with Uvaro. On week 10 day 1 it was my first day as an Admissions Consultant at Uvaro. Currently I am still a student at the school and working full time for the school. I am doing full cycle, inbound sales. A week ago I was driving a truck. Despite having the option to work for any tech company I wanted, I chose Uvaro because I believe in their product. I know you will as well. See ya.
    • Nawab  User Photo
      Nawab • AE • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Greg. Alyx. And who can forget Rizal. These people changed my life. I picked the class because it had more live class time than it's competitors. I now wish there was more, I would have paid for more weeks. Specific assignments pushed me, but it surprisingly prepared me. I had cadence presentations to complete, which ended up being a part of the interview process in two companies I applied to afterwards.

I can honestly say I was able to learn to much from the class, even as someone who came from sales. Yes, I could have gotten a position without Uvaro, but that wasn't the intention. The intention was to learn new tools and ideas, then leverage it into a larger salary. And that's exactly what happened. I'll be making 20-25% more I think.

I think. But reality was super different. I'm now making 200% my base expectations, with another 200% bonus structure. I just signed an offer, $100k base, $200k OTE.

Mic drop.
    • Nicole  User Photo
      Nicole • Applicant Verified via GitHub
      Yesterday I made an application to the Uvaro Tech Sales School. I had been choosing between Uvaro and Vendition and have chosen Uvaro because I didn't fully understand the application process in Vendition. Uvaro offered a more flexible program which suits my timetable more. I had to pass the online test, which checked out my skills in sales. It took about 20 to 30 minutes to fill in, questions were well-formulated. Now I am waiting for the info session, which will be held in a couple of days. After that, there will be a zoom call to complete the registration process. Hope that all will pass without any problems.
    • Rory Newman  User Photo
      Rory Newman • Sales Resident/SaaS founder • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      This program was extraordinarily enlightening. It brought about ideas I rarely had the time to have thoughts about and introduced me to people that I helped me to develop my people skills. Plus - I was placed in a Sales Residency that’s going to help me with the SaaS product that I developed. It’s win-win situation and everyone loves those! Kudos to Joseph Fung the founder and CEO for bringing this all together. He approaches all interactions with love and consideration so I’m sure you can deduce how the rest of the community operates.
    • SDR Graduate
      - 10/1/2021
      Nicholas opara  User Photo
      Nicholas opara • SDR Graduate • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I felt it was going to be a waste of time, I felt I was going to struggle getting a job, I felt I won't be able to discover the true sales man in me.... I WAS BLATANTLY WRONG....

I'm not writing this because I want UVARO to get some good reviews or increase their customer success stories by 1, rather, I'm writing this simply because THIS IS MY STORY and I'm here to tell it to the fullest.

From the front line staff (Rizal), to the instructors (Greg byod, Alyx parks and other guest speakers) and to the Joseph Fung( co- founder). This is a close community of people that identified a problem and are capable of solving it.

This course didn't just land me job in my 7th week of enrollment but it helped me identify who I am in the process and helped me brand myself for easy selling to potential employers.

This is surely the beginning of a great chapter in my life and I would not re-write any of it because Uvaro simply gave me the platform to make my dream a reality.

If you looking for a happy, educative, engaging, supportive & impactful environment to pivot into sales, you simply would be disadvantaged if you don't choose Uvaro.

I simply won't miss them because after graduation I still have access to the them and the community in general, so I would surely consult with them as I transition into my new role, because Uvaro always gat my back.

Thanks Greg, Alyx, Rizal and my fellow #teammicdrop class mates. Sure was a hell of a ride.

#teammicdrop.

• Dawood Abdulsalam  User Photo
      Dawood Abdulsalam • Business Development Representative • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I graduated from Uvaro about two weeks ago, this September. I think it is hard to really quantify to amount value Uvaro provides its Grads/Students.

My journey through this course was amazing, and I was constantly challenged to improve on my skills in preparation for the Tech Sales job market. I came into this course with just one thing in mind, which is to get a job in Tech Sales. Now that I am a Grad, I feel very well equipped to succeed in my new role as BDR.

I honestly do not know what else to say. But I'll say one thing:
      If you're looking to break into the Tech Sales industry, and you are serious about it. UVARO is your PLUG!
    • Ron Hudson  User Photo
      Ron Hudson • SDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I graduated from Uvaro 5 months ago. I got hired halfway through the course and love where I work. I am currently working at a well-established start-up that I targeted and decided I wanted to work for, early on.  I have been surpassing targets that have been set for me, and onboarding was much easier, knowing what to expect as a new hire, having just gone through Uvaro.
      Why I came to Uvaro:
      I needed a new career, as mine had been ruined by the pandemic. I had some sales experience from a decade prior but nothing in tech whatsoever. I knew very little about the B2B Saas landscape and had never worked remotely. I was unsure of if I could do it.

By end of week 3 in the course, I knew I was going to get hired and that I could successfully make the transition. One of the unique things is that you not only get sales training, an in depth understanding of the landscape of B2B Saas, you also get career coaching. How to interview, how to apply, and how to sell yourself.
      It was truly one of the best decisions I made, and though necessity was my motivating factor to give it a try, in retrospect it was the obvious, and best choice I could have made.