uvaro-logo

Uvaro

Uvaro

Uvaro offers online tech sales courses, including a full-time program (4 weeks), a part-time program (12 weeks), and on-demand. Students who enroll in Uvaro's paid residency dedicate 40 hours a week to the program. Uvaro bootcamp students learn common SaaS tools, Code, Cloud, and AI, SaaS sales terminology and metrics, prospecting and qualifying leads, the art of the pitch, negotiating and closing contracts, salesforce and CRM 101, social selling and relationships, and theories of sales. Bootcamp students will learn through online video discussions with instructors and classmates. For those enrolled in either the full-time or part-time programs, live instruction is supplemented with interesting offline assignments and practice sessions that can be completed on a student’s own time.

Uvaro’s Tech Sales bootcamp is open to all applicants from any field or background. No prior sales or tech experience is required. Bootcamp students receive ongoing career coaching throughout the program’s duration. Career coaches work with students to identify long-term professional development opportunities. Uvaro does not require an upfront tuition payment. After students are hired into a tech sales role, time-limited capped monthly payments reimburse tuition fees. If students do not receive employment, there is no tuition fee.

Applicants to Uvaro's Tech Sales bootcamp who wish to enroll via a no-upfront-cost payment option must be a citizen or permanent resident of either the U.S. or Canada. International applicants may still enroll but must pay the full cost of tuition upfront and in full.

Recent Uvaro Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (46) reviews for Uvaro →

Recent Uvaro News

• Tech Sales: 12 Weeks

Sales
      Start Date June 06, 2022
      Learn sales skills and critical tech knowledge for selling business-to-business software-as-a-service from the comfort of your home. Class times consisting of daily live instruction are supplemented with interesting offline assignments and practice sessions to complete on your own time. Uvaro offers flexible payment options with no upfront fees. This course lasts 12 weeks and requires a commitment of about 15–20 hours per week. Become a Uvaro member and get connected to industry leaders and seasoned tech sales professionals. Get mentorship and access new opportunities in a supportive environment. During and after your coursework, Uvaro career coaches will help you navigate the job market, identify the best roles for you, and help you land a job you love with fantastic pay. You could earn $80,000/year or more! Course topics include the sales cycle in tech from start to finish, prospecting and qualifying leads, the art of the pitch, discovery, demos, AE fundamentals, negotiation and closing a deal, sales methodologies, common SaaS sales terminology and metrics, CRM 101, social selling and relationships, and theories of sales.
      Choose upfront payment, monthly membership fees, or an Income Share Agreement
      Tuition Plans$250/month for 2 years OR $5,000 OR 10% of income for 2 years post-graduation
      ScholarshipPaid sales residencies are available to help you get additional practice. Past funding opportunities include tuition waivers for Women and Women of Color, and a technology grant for low-income learners. Talk to admissions about current offers.
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prior sales or tech experience is required. Income Share Agreements are only available in North America and require pre-approval.
      June 06, 2022 - Online Apply by May 30, 2022
      June 20, 2022 - Online Apply by June 13, 2022
      August 29, 2022 - Online Apply by August 21, 2022
      November 14, 2022 - Online Apply by November 06, 2022
    • Tech Sales: 4 Weeks

Start Date May 23, 2022
      Learn sales skills and critical tech knowledge for selling business-to-business software-as-a-service from the comfort of your home. Class times consisting of daily live instruction are supplemented with interesting offline assignments and practice sessions to complete on your own time. Uvaro offers flexible payment options with no upfront fees. This course lasts 4 weeks and requires a commitment of about 30–40 hours per week. Become a Uvaro member and get connected to industry leaders and seasoned tech sales professionals. Get mentorship and access new opportunities in a supportive environment. During and after your coursework, Uvaro career coaches will help you navigate the job market, identify the best roles for you, and help you land a job you love with fantastic pay. You could earn $80,000/year or more! Course topics include the sales cycle in tech from start to finish, prospecting and qualifying leads, the art of the pitch, discovery, demos, AE fundamentals, negotiation and closing a deal, sales methodologies, common SaaS sales terminology and metrics, CRM 101, social selling and relationships, and theories of sales.
      Choose upfront payment, monthly membership fees, or an Income Share Agreement
    • BDR
      - 5/1/2022
      Colin  User Photo
      Colin • BDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I had been in the hospitality industry for most of my life, and always wanted to get into sales, specifically tech sales, but never knew how and where to do the switch. Finally, I came across Uvaro from a friend in Toronto who had mentioned it to me. What an incredible course! I came with the goal to get into the paid residency program, which I was fortunate enough to do so in week 3 of my 12-week program. This accelerated my learning as I was involved in outbound prospecting in a FT roll within a SaaS company Monday to Friday while still completing the 12-week course. I cannot thank my instructors enough; Raj, Alyx, Vivek & Greg as well as my residency managers Zack, Spencer and Lilia, for answering the 1000's of questions that I blow their Slack up with every day 😂  I've come to find out I actually enjoy cold calling after enough practice and coaching!... On the final day of class, I got on a call with my boss the same day and he offered me a FT roll once my residency contract is finished. I am so grateful to be apart of such a humbling group of instructors, classmates & guest speakers that are willing to guide and teach me the way into SaaS sales. I finally have found the right direction in my life 🙏  - Colin
      Response From: Spencer Blake of Uvaro
      Title: Manager, Employer Programs
      Friday, May 20 2022
      Colin, we are so grateful for this kind review!

While you’ve given plenty of credit to Uvaro and our team, we hope you understand that the success you’ve seen from the course, your Residency placement, and the full-time role you’ve secured is very much thanks to your own hard work, determination and, yes, the thousands of questions.

When we have someone who’s both eager to learn and to apply said learning, success almost always follows. We’re looking forward to following your career and seeing just how high you can fly.

- Spencer
    • Dean Whaley  User Photo
      Dean Whaley • Account Executive • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I'm qualified as an experienced, Sr. Account Executive with 15+ years of documented success in sales.
      However, prior to UVARO, I would never have entertained, much less applied for a role(s) like this.  Full Cycle Sales/Customer Success for a Fast growth-MedTech, start-up, voted "a best company to work for".  The opportunity is exciting, and I'm honored to have passed though the process. The interview process had 3 interviews, skills assessment and behavioral assessment. I am grateful I had the training to make it through.
      L...... was phenomenal in working with me, interviewing me, and just being herself. L......  is a Guest Lecturer at Uvaro. Outside of Uvaro L...... is VP of Customer Success for a Tech Company. INCREDIBLE! L......, along with Greg, inspired me to stretch into an area I wasn't aware existed prior to Uvaro. Greg, on his own accord, also connected me with the Director of Customer Success for a large Global Tech company.  The Director has no working affiliation with Uvaro, they simply connected with me as good will for a peer.  The Director's time and guidance was off the charts! I’m still processing the info they shared. The two examples here, do not compare to the team at Uvaro.  From enrollment to the instructor, even a career coach and customer success to ensure I received value. If you're lucky, you might even get the CEO of Uvaro conducting a class or 2.  My class did!
      I appreciated the inspiration, motivation and the Tech training Uvaro provided this 'seasoned' sales person to pivot in my career.
    • B2B SaaS Tech Sales
      - 11/27/2021
      Avraam Neaga  User Photo
      Avraam Neaga • Admissions Consultant • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      So my name is Avraam Neaga and I started at Uvaro on September 20, 2021. Joining Uvaro was the best decision I ever made. I was previously a garbage truck driver for the city of Toronto where I did not see a true future due to the fact the my wages were capped and I was forced to live in the expensive city for work. My biggest concern about entering this school was whether or not I would be able to find a job. I didn't know anything about the tech industry and certainly nothing about sales. But I took the plunge and enrolled. I think it was three weeks in when I realized how amazing an opportunity this was. The subject matter was incredible. They really teach the specifics about selling software in a business to business context. I thought you just had to be charming, but there is a lot of research that goes into solving another company's problems with your product. Alongside the material was career coaching. I was taught the power of LinkedIn and personal branding. I was taught how to interview, and that your past experience no matter what it is, is so important when selling in tech. DIVERSITY IS KEY! Don't ever think that your past is the reason you cannot pursue a career in tech, the reality is quite the opposite. So, on week 6 day five of the program I got my first interview with Uvaro. On week 10 day 1 it was my first day as an Admissions Consultant at Uvaro. Currently I am still a student at the school and working full time for the school. I am doing full cycle, inbound sales. A week ago I was driving a truck. Despite having the option to work for any tech company I wanted, I chose Uvaro because I believe in their product. I know you will as well. See ya.
    • Nawab  User Photo
      Nawab • AE • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Greg. Alyx. And who can forget Rizal. These people changed my life. I picked the class because it had more live class time than it's competitors. I now wish there was more, I would have paid for more weeks. Specific assignments pushed me, but it surprisingly prepared me. I had cadence presentations to complete, which ended up being a part of the interview process in two companies I applied to afterwards.

I can honestly say I was able to learn to much from the class, even as someone who came from sales. Yes, I could have gotten a position without Uvaro, but that wasn't the intention. The intention was to learn new tools and ideas, then leverage it into a larger salary. And that's exactly what happened. I'll be making 20-25% more I think.

I think. But reality was super different. I'm now making 200% my base expectations, with another 200% bonus structure. I just signed an offer, $100k base, $200k OTE.

Mic drop.
    • Nicole  User Photo
      Nicole • Applicant Verified via GitHub
      Yesterday I made an application to the Uvaro Tech Sales School. I had been choosing between Uvaro and Vendition and have chosen Uvaro because I didn't fully understand the application process in Vendition. Uvaro offered a more flexible program which suits my timetable more. I had to pass the online test, which checked out my skills in sales. It took about 20 to 30 minutes to fill in, questions were well-formulated. Now I am waiting for the info session, which will be held in a couple of days. After that, there will be a zoom call to complete the registration process. Hope that all will pass without any problems.
    • Rory Newman  User Photo
      Rory Newman • Sales Resident/SaaS founder • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      This program was extraordinarily enlightening. It brought about ideas I rarely had the time to have thoughts about and introduced me to people that I helped me to develop my people skills. Plus - I was placed in a Sales Residency that’s going to help me with the SaaS product that I developed. It’s win-win situation and everyone loves those! Kudos to Joseph Fung the founder and CEO for bringing this all together. He approaches all interactions with love and consideration so I’m sure you can deduce how the rest of the community operates.
    • SDR Graduate
      - 10/1/2021
      Nicholas opara  User Photo
      Nicholas opara • SDR Graduate • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I felt it was going to be a waste of time, I felt I was going to struggle getting a job, I felt I won't be able to discover the true sales man in me.... I WAS BLATANTLY WRONG....

I'm not writing this because I want UVARO to get some good reviews or increase their customer success stories by 1, rather, I'm writing this simply because THIS IS MY STORY and I'm here to tell it to the fullest.

From the front line staff (Rizal), to the instructors (Greg byod, Alyx parks and other guest speakers) and to the Joseph Fung( co- founder). This is a close community of people that identified a problem and are capable of solving it.

This course didn't just land me job in my 7th week of enrollment but it helped me identify who I am in the process and helped me brand myself for easy selling to potential employers.

This is surely the beginning of a great chapter in my life and I would not re-write any of it because Uvaro simply gave me the platform to make my dream a reality.

If you looking for a happy, educative, engaging, supportive & impactful environment to pivot into sales, you simply would be disadvantaged if you don't choose Uvaro.

I simply won't miss them because after graduation I still have access to the them and the community in general, so I would surely consult with them as I transition into my new role, because Uvaro always gat my back.

Thanks Greg, Alyx, Rizal and my fellow #teammicdrop class mates. Sure was a hell of a ride.

#teammicdrop.

• Dawood Abdulsalam  User Photo
      Dawood Abdulsalam • Business Development Representative • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I graduated from Uvaro about two weeks ago, this September. I think it is hard to really quantify to amount value Uvaro provides its Grads/Students.

My journey through this course was amazing, and I was constantly challenged to improve on my skills in preparation for the Tech Sales job market. I came into this course with just one thing in mind, which is to get a job in Tech Sales. Now that I am a Grad, I feel very well equipped to succeed in my new role as BDR.

I honestly do not know what else to say. But I'll say one thing:
      If you're looking to break into the Tech Sales industry, and you are serious about it. UVARO is your PLUG!
    • Ron Hudson  User Photo
      Ron Hudson • SDR • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I graduated from Uvaro 5 months ago. I got hired halfway through the course and love where I work. I am currently working at a well-established start-up that I targeted and decided I wanted to work for, early on.  I have been surpassing targets that have been set for me, and onboarding was much easier, knowing what to expect as a new hire, having just gone through Uvaro.
      Why I came to Uvaro:
      I needed a new career, as mine had been ruined by the pandemic. I had some sales experience from a decade prior but nothing in tech whatsoever. I knew very little about the B2B Saas landscape and had never worked remotely. I was unsure of if I could do it.

By end of week 3 in the course, I knew I was going to get hired and that I could successfully make the transition. One of the unique things is that you not only get sales training, an in depth understanding of the landscape of B2B Saas, you also get career coaching. How to interview, how to apply, and how to sell yourself.
      It was truly one of the best decisions I made, and though necessity was my motivating factor to give it a try, in retrospect it was the obvious, and best choice I could have made.

• Amitesh Sabharwal  User Photo
      Amitesh Sabharwal • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      As a recent alumni of this intensive sales boot camp, I can proudly say that Uvaro was my rocket ship as I shifted gears in the tech industry.

A one of its kind community that teaches different nuances of tech sales and how to adapt to this ever changing space- Uvaro’s hybrid model of communication and approach instills confidence and knowledge that is powered by amazing mentors and leaders. A networking pool so strong that your career will definitely speed in the right direction!

But more importantly, it also teaches you about failure and how to overcome it! It teaches you that every personality and experience is unique and how you should own it to truly make an impact in this industry. The journey ahead may not be easy but Uvaro has your back during every career speed bump you face; their door is always open.

So if you are looking to pivot and elevate your skillset in the tech industry, Uvaro is the best place to begin!
    • Life changing
      - 4/13/2021
      Joe Minnow  User Photo
      Joe Minnow • Account Executive • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Uvaro was literally the thing that changed my life. Pivoting careers during this pandemic was one of the hardest things I have ever done and Uvaro made it realistic and enjoyable. The instructors are knowledgeable and relatable which makes learning fun and engaging. The course curriculum is relevant and paced appropriately. The career help is helping real people get real jobs and that is the goal for every graduate.

I would highly recommend this program for anyone looking to break into tech or further their career in tech, This program just gets it and understands the industry and the experience we as students go through.
      Response From: Joseph Fung of Uvaro
      Title: CEO
      Monday, Jun 07 2021
      Wow, what a review Joe - thank you!

I hear the challenge in your words - this was a tough year (and more!) for so many people - thank you for trusting us with a part of your journey and for sharing your experience with everyone.

And, of course, congrats on all that you've accomplished!
    • Ukot Umezinne  User Photo
      Ukot Umezinne • Relationship Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Uvaro is a gift that keeps on giving. The learning experience is incredible, and the community is the icing on the cake. I couldn't have asked for a better platform to launch my career into tech sales.