USC Viterbi Data Analytics Boot Camp is closed

This school is now closed. Although USC Viterbi Data Analytics Boot Camp is no longer accepting students or running its program, you can still see historical information and USC Viterbi Data Analytics Boot Camp alumni reviews on the school page.

usc-viterbi-data-analytics-boot-camp-logo

USC Viterbi Data Analytics Boot Camp

Average Rating5.0
2 Reviews
1 Course

USC Viterbi Data Analytics Boot Camp Affiliated with Trilogy Education Services is a 24-week, part-time, non-degree continuing education Data Analytics program. The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

Applicants do not need ...

2 USC Viterbi Data Analytics Boot Camp Reviews

• Greg L.
    Graduate
    Jun 24, 2019

An excellent boot camp!

I went into the boot camp with almost zero coding knowledge, with the exception of some CSS/HTML and very light programming experience in JS and C++. I learned more than I could ever have imagined and left the program feeling extremely confident with my skillset. I was amazed at what I was able to do, and left the program feeling more ambitious than ever. At this point, I feel confident in listing every item that was listed on the advertisement for the course on my resume, which is a great...

Boot Camp Team of USC Viterbi Data Analytics Boot Camp

Community Team

Jun 26, 2019

Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Greg! We're thrilled you feel confident in your newfound skills and found our entire team to be supportive. Congratulations on successfully completing the program, we truly appreciate your review! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
    Applicant • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time • Los Angeles
    Oct 17, 2017

Not Backed by Data and Expensive

The short of it: USC does not release data establishing the success rate of this 24-week program. Therefore, it is an untested commodity with a hefty price tag of $12,500.  If a program that teaches data analytics cannot substantiate its value with data, then there is something very wrong with the course

The process of applying:  On October 15, 2017, I requested information on USC's website. Wi...

Elizabeth Francis of USC Viterbi Data Analytics Boot Camp

Student Success Manager

Oct 27, 2017

Hi Anonymous,

As we have not yet begun coursework for our inaugural cohort of students, we do not have data pertaining to the number of our students who follow the course to completion. This Boot Camp is designed to guide working professionals in acquiring skills in data analytics and visualization. It is not intended to replace traditional college coursework, but rather to provide hands-on training in a valuable professional skill set. Students' ability to secure a job after program completion relies on their willingness to utilize the resources they are given and take full, active responsibility for their own job search. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at (213) 814-0250 so that I can provide you with any and all assistance possible.

USC Viterbi Data Analytics Boot Camp Alumni Outcomes

Recent USC Viterbi Data Analytics Boot Camp News

Imogen Crispe
Updated August 01, 2017
Need a summary of news about coding bootcamps from July 2017? Course Report has just what you need! We’ve put together the most important news and developments in this blog post and podcast. In July, we read about the closure of two major coding bootcamps, we dived into a number of new industry reports, we heard some student success stories, we read about new investments in bootcamps, and we were excited to hear about more diversity initiatives. Plus we round up all the new ...